The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah II - Interview, March 7th-9th 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She says the Queen has always been wonderful to her and always made her feel welcome and goes on to say "everyone welcomed her." She makes a distinction between the "Firm" who run the family business and the family itself.

Also, can you just call up the Archbishop of Canterbury and tell him to marry you like he is a Las Vegas Quickie marriage broker?

Harry made such a big mistake. It's sad, but he can't take this one back.

I agree. Unfortunately Harry made the wrong choice. Honestly, I really believe that this wedding is not going to be long.
I increasingly believe that it was she who wanted to leave the royal family and go to live in the United States. He went after her, because he felt it was her duty to be with his wife and son.
Fortunately, unlike Harry, Prince William made the right choice and married a woman who accepted royal duties.

So many revelations. Meghan knew Eugenie (probably through Misha Nonoo) before she met Harry. Also, they got married 3 days before the royal wedding, with only the Archbishop of Canterbury there with them. Interesting...
It couldn't have been "legal" with no witnesses...

I think, again, the very simple things are wonderful and I support and agree with them by themselves, but in their larger context they are problematic.

She has just told Oprah that what she enjoys the most about her life now is the simple things, being able to get back to the simple things in life and enjoy them while tending to her chickens. And I think that is a wonderful as a message by itself.

But- the only reason she and her husband and son can enjoy a life mucking in their Wellies feeding the chickens without worrying about paying their mortgage and saving an infinite number of animals and living a general life of "simplicity" surrounded by luxury is because of the institutional privilege they supposedly want no part of. Everything they have, materially, is because of everything they say they scorn, and they give no indication whatsoever that they would be willing to give one iota of that up.

Yikes that comment about Archie's skin tone. That act of parliament to remove those titles must happen.

The revelation about her marriage makes the entire production of the wedding seem like a scam and a big middle finger to the British people.

Also, her answer when asked about Catherine being welcoming, while the words were that Catherine was welcoming ("the whole family was welcome" or something that effect)... the answer in its entirely itself was very damning in context. Very clear she did not feel welcomed by Catherine.

I think, again, the very simple things are wonderful and I support and agree with them by themselves, but in their larger context they are problematic.

She has just told Oprah that what she enjoys the most about her life now is the simple things, being able to get back to the simple things in life and enjoy them while tending to her chickens. And I think that is a wonderful as a message by itself.

But- the only reason she and her husband and son can enjoy a life mucking in their Wellies feeding the chickens without worrying about paying their mortgage and saving an infinite number of animals and living a general life of "simplicity" surrounded by luxury is because of the institutional privilege they supposedly want no part of. Everything they have, materially, is because of everything they say they scorn, and they give no indication whatsoever that they would be willing to give one iota of that up.

More and more I feel right in my initial impression of they want to have their cake and eat it too. For a very long time I felt like Harry was a lot like his great uncle David. That he had the ability to get into situations he didn't know how to get out of and now sadly I'm utterly convinced of it.

Sorry for the many posts... am treating this a bit like a "live feed" assuming there are many following here not able to watch.

Very excited for them to reveal the sex and think that is very special.

Wonder if they bothered to tell family first

They could not care less about the British people. America gives them a huge world stage and audience .

The story about getting married three days before their actual wedding has to be fake. First, I doubt the Archbishop would do it. Second, that would make their wedding unlawful, wouldn't it?

You don't know that. And it is easily verified, as is everything Meghan is saying.

For example, all of the stories that came out about "Kate made Meghan cry." So many variations about something that people on the inside know exactly what happened. I believe Meghan is telling the truth. And she was kind in her comments about Kate in the process. So obviously, Meghan simply wants to set the record straight, because Meghan is the one who has been overwhelmingly maligned. It needs to stop.

I too didn't like the design of the little bridesmaid's dresses. Kind of minor though in the scheme of things. So if it wasn't my wedding, I would have tried to be very sensitive and generous about bringing it up. Or not bring it up at all. I understand that Kate had just had a baby. And that was one of the pieces of information put out. That things were stressful in the lead-up to the wedding. And Kate was experiencing some post-partum blues.

You know, I've not had any inclination to watch this as I expected it to be a sh*t show train wreck, plus I didn't want to give them any ratings but these comments and the BBC live feed updates are making me want to tune in and see it for myself...

Many thanks for the updates everyone. Really appreciated.

From reading through the BBC Live Feed, without sounding cynical, is Meghan really shading Catherine or even other members of the Royal Family in the BIB below? Because the same insults have been thrown from modern feminists at other female members of the royal family for not having a career and rebelling against protocol.

Oprah points out that she was the first mixed-race person to marry into the family, as well as a divorcee and an independent woman. Did that concern her in being able to fit in?

"I thought about it because they made me think about it, right. But I think at the same time now upon reflection, thank God all of those things were true. Thank God I had that life experience. Thank God I had known the value of working."

You know, I've not had any inclination to watch this as I expected it to be a sh*t show train wreck, plus I didn't want to give them any ratings but these comments and the BBC live feed updates are making me want to tune in and see it for myself...

I would recommend reading the live reporting if you don't want to watch the full interview. It's very insightful with some analysis from the BBC.

Last edited:
This is like watching a train wreck, I know it's bad and somehow I cannot stop watching :lol:

And Kate was experiencing some post-partum blues.

I think the only people who know, for sure, if Kate was experiencing some post-partum blues are Kate and William. If Meghan said that or implied that... She's crossing a line that she has no business crossing if she truly wants to maintain a good relationship with her in-laws.

So before Archie was born, it wasn't Harry & Meghan who didn't want him to have a title. I don't get this!!!?

Meghan now claiming that "they" "did not want" her child to be a "prince/ princess" and that "they" would had "no explanation." She "heard a lot of this" "through Harry" and "other members of the family."

Now claiming that it was her son was going to be "the first member of color in this family" was "not going to be titled" the same way as other members of the family.

She said they weren't ask to take a photo so they didn't? What.

Meghan now claiming that "they" "did not want" her child to be a "prince/ princess" and that "they" would had "no explanation." She "heard a lot of this" "through Harry" and "other members of the family."

Now claiming that it was her son was going to be "the first member of color in this family" was "not going to be titled" the same way as other members of the family.

Who is "THEY" she needs to clarify. I think it is implied to be the Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only people who know, for sure, if Kate was experiencing some post-partum blues are Kate and William. If Meghan said that or implied that... She's crossing a line that she has no business crossing if she truly wants to maintain a good relationship with her in-laws.

This was put out by a 'royal source,' as one of the many many news stories. And those are not all made up by RRs. A lot of royal reporters have an inside to people in the palaces. Meghan had nothing to do with any description of this kind. Meghan didn't cause anything about this story. It was put out in the first place to hurt Meghan. Remember that.

So all of the stories that came out later, including Kate having post-partum issues were coming from palace sources. None of this had to come out. It didn't start with Meghan or Harry.

OH MY! She said there were conversations about how "Dark Archie" would be. Oprah asked for a name. She said "I think that would be very damaging to them".

Has to be the Queen, Charles or William right?

I don't think that they could have had a legal wedding 3 days before the real one because, IIRC (not Anglican myself), the Anglican church doesn't allow a 2nd wedding ceremony to be performed in the church. You get one ceremony in the church. So if they did ask the AoC to marry them ahead of time... I can't see that happening... How do you reconcile the "no witnesses doesn't make it really legal" with the fact that you are, essentially, reading the wedding rite to them and allowing them to exchange vows? I just can't see the AoC doing that, not if he has a shred of integrity (and I'm sure he does!).

I think she is implicating William as the person who was asking the question about Archie’s skin color. Any other ideas?

I think it was Charles or William if what she is telling is true. She seemed to respect the Queen.

She said they weren't ask to take a photo so they didn't? What.

Who is "THEY" she needs to clarify. I think it is implied to be the Queen.

Earlier she made a distinction between the people who run the family business and the family itself. She also said the Queen had always been wonderful to her and always made her feel welcome. So I don't think she means the Queen.

She is claiming they said Archie would not have security.

She is lying again about Archie not becoming a prince, apparently, it's his birthright to have a title, it is but only when Charles becomes a king.
She is hinted that senior royals were concerned that Archie is going to be too dark for the Royal Family, but she will not name them because it would be too damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom