The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Sounds like Charles stop taking his calls.
If that's true then they're REALLY out. We're unlikely to see them at much of anything after the Queen passes away.

Courtier

Wait, so they basically wanted to be somehow like Princess Eugenie or Princess Beatrice, keeping their HRH, instead of having normal jobs being celebrities with a podcast, production company and their own foundation AND keep full security for them and their children, in another country.

Yeah, I can see how British people would accept that deal.

Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I'm not going to start watching it in the middle - but thanks to all who are updating this thread:
1. The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution would protect Meghan from any criminal charges for defamation.

The First Amendment doesn't protect against defamation claims if what you said is patently false and was said with malicious intent. The burden of proof will be on the accuser though in the US, not on the defendant.

On the other hand, as a matter of jurisdiction, given that the interview was given in the US, I don't know if she could be sued in the UK too.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:23 PM
Gentry

I think there'll be a day that Harry will regret this interview. I can't see those two lasting and I think his relationship with his family is over. This is so sad, especially for his kids.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Charles told his biographer he was unhappy with his upbringing and was not exactly praising of his parents especially his father. HE got criticized by his siblings for this. Apparently all is well now, but Charles is on record doing this.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
I know and that's not forget The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke and Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra are not getting younger either.

Prince Michael of Kent is not a working royal, but do represent The Queen in some public occasions, but even he is getting older.
Can Beatrice or Eugenie occupy that place? or even the Counts of Wessex and Princess Anne ...
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
If that's true then they're REALLY out. We're unlikely to see them at much of anything after the Queen passes away.
Not even after. The damaging comment, the Kate made her cry and I doubt William would ever forgive him.
Heir Apparent

Quite a whine-fest.

Did anyone else think Meghan's face looked strangely immobile?
[...]
Gentry

Quote:
Totally agree. It's damaged forever. And it's sad he let a woman come between he/his family.

I don't care what anyone says: They should act to remove their titles and remove Harry from the line of succession.
Yes. Absolutely. And the things I'm reading are a shame. I Can't believe Harry is doing this to his family.
Nobility

CBS is really stretching this out, more commercials than the actual interview.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by leticia.h View Post
I think there'll be a day that Harry will regret this interview. I can't see those two lasting and I think his relationship with his family is over. This is so sad, especially for his kids.

I can't see Harry's relationship with his sibling, cousins and other relatives being what it once was after this interview. They might forgive but they won't forget.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
I honestly can't see how the BRF can't come out and comment on some of what has been said.
What should they say, though? If they get into a back and forth, he said/she said scenario by refuting the specific claims Meghan made, it will draw things out even more, which Meghan would love. I did not think Meghan and Harry would be willing to degrade themselves to this extent in their pursuit of money and fame. The British Royal Family, both the institution and the individual family members, should say nothing beyond the standard “no comment.” There’s no reason for them to be pulled down into this trash.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The First Amendment doesn't protect against defamation claims if what you said is patently false and was said with malicious intent. The burden of proof will be on the accuser though in the US, not on the defendant.

On the other hand, as a matter of jurisdiction, given that the interview was given in the US, I don't know if she could be sued in the UK too.
You are correct about civil suits but you mentioned criminal defamation, and Meghan is not in danger of criminal prosecution. The royal family could sue, but they couldn't prosecute her.
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
I know and that's not forget The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke and Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra are not getting younger either.

Prince Michael of Kent is not a working royal, but do represent The Queen in some public occasions, but even he is getting older.
I think they're all to old to keep working once Charles starts to rule. Anne could carry on. I think we all know Andrew is out so that kind of only leaves Edward and Sophie. Unless they bring in the younger generation but they didn't want to do that. I think it has to be E & S and I think they'll be phased in at the Jubilee.
Heir Presumptive

If what she is saying is in fact true- thank goodness! If she had stayed she would have killed herself
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
Meghan not only burned the bridge, she dynamited the debris, incinerated it, and shot it into space, never to return.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I also think that Harry will regret this interview.
I also don't see Harry and Meghan's wedding going on very long. And the relationship with the family can end, and that is sad.
Harry why did you agree to give this interview?
Courtier

Meghan comparing herself to The Little Mermaid, who loses her voice because she falls in love with a prince.
Serene Highness

Quote:
I agree. Diana regretted her Panamora interview and Charles regretted his with Jonathan Dimbleby. Too bad Harry didn't think of that when he talks about history repeating itself.
Courtier

Quote:
Not even after. The damaging comment, the Kate made her cry and I doubt William would ever forgive him.
I think Kate should have just issued a statement denying the rumor. Quashed it. Over and done with. I don't understand why this did not happen.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I would think Meghan talking about Kate at all would be enough for William to hit the ceiling. But then you factor in everything else she said.....

And I don’t even want to think about Philip’s reaction.
So everyone should keep believing that Meghan made Kate cry?

Closed Thread