The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
If you love your family and you're close to them you don't go on tv and have this kind of interview about them. I'm sorry, but this is very much a case of actions speaking louder than words.
You can love your family and do things that really hurt them - I know I have. Harry and Meghan are obviously very unhappy and bitter. They truly believe that they have been wronged by his family and went on the attack. The problem is where to go from here because I do think that Harry loves his family but he has to understand that his family now feels that they have been wronged by Harry and Meghan.

I truly hope that the family can mend. As a mother, I believe that Charles in particular will forgive Harry - it might take some time. But it will happen, if it already hasn't. That doesn't mean the family is not angry or that they will fully trust them again. In fact, I think the family would be wise to be very careful about their communications with the couple.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
100 Million. More than enough to pay for their own security for the rest of their lives.
My mistake. I hope that they can come up with something for Netflix that is actually going to work in their favor. I do believe that people would have paid more attention to their work if they had refrained from doing that interview.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry but that statement was... interesting. Clearly not as clear cut as some think. I rather that not had said anything because wow.

To mention race but not the mental health aspect? The silence is deafening.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
That was short, to the point and I think fairly generous.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:36 PM
Nobility

Do you guys remember Harry's swastika armband?
Old 03-09-2021, 12:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I am sorry but that statement was... interesting. Clearly not as clear cut as some think. I rather that not had said anything because wow.

To mention race but not the mental health aspect? The silence is deafening.
The statement says "recollections may vary" which to me means they think some of what Megs and Haz said is bullshit. And for all we know, that includes the "no one listened to my mental health problems" accusations.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Good to hear from HMQ - the right tone and the right words.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary mary View Post
I would be surprised if Harry doesn't regret it, or at least feel it went too far. He certainly looked miserable, and seemed agitated by certain questions when he realized they had come up with Meghan (the race conversation(s) in particular).

Even before it aired, I didn't understand why Meghan had half the airtime entirely by herself. It's his family they walked away from and so many people already blame her for the couple leaving, so just for optics I think if he was fully onboard then he should have been sitting there with her the entire time to lend credence and support to what she was saying.
I get the feeling itís Harry that is at the heart of stirring up the hornets nest about the alleged racist remark. Meghan was very confident in discussing a comment, (which she described as multiple conversations), that she heard about second hand. With Meghan talking about it to Oprah and the public this is now a conversation weíre hearing about third hand. My main question is still whether Harry interpreted the remark correctly and then described it accurately to Meghan. Whatever he said to her, she took it and ran with it.

And again, by their own admission, neither of them ever addressed the issue with the person in question. Why not? I truly canít think of a legitimate reason to not have a private discussion with their family member but instead decide to make vague accusations in public several years later.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The difference between the Sussexes (though I guess it was all Meghan) and the Windsors is seen in this statement. The issues will be addressed by the family in private, as it should be.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
That was short, to the point and I think fairly generous.
Basically, all that was said was they've heard what Harry and Meghan have had to say. They're saddened to hear what they had to say but aren't going to feed into the accusations and play ping pong. The ball was lobbed across the table and allowed to fall to the floor.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
They said "recollections may vary" which to me means they think some of what Megs and Haz said are bullshit. And for all we know, that includes the "mental health" accusations.
I too think it's a polite way of saying they don't agree with H&M's accounting of things because let's face it they can't come right out and call them liars. And they weren't going to come out with a massive statement disputing the facts point by point.

Though I'm annoyed H&M fans are already bringing up Prince Andrew. I have no idea what he has to do with any of this.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

I think that was a good statement.

They showed compassion for the struggles, pain and mental health problems Harry and Meghan talked about without judgement or trying to claim it didn't happen.

Politely called BS on other things without engaging in mud slinging and repeated that they're loved. The opposite of what the interview was.

Whether it will be enough, especially for the "racist royal" narrative who knows but it's a good start.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:45 PM

I sense something not said in that statement, something similar to "don't let the door hit ya..." I know it probably took BH hours to come up with just the right balance and in my opinion, they've succeeded. The economy of it is a striking contrast to the "two hours plus bonus features" of the Oprah interview. Same for the tone of each.

Once the adrenaline rush passes, I believe H&M will regret just how far they went in telling their "truth."
Old 03-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This whole Netflix revelation is what makes me think that neither Harry or Meghan thought things through very well. Sure, they made the million dollar contract with Netflix but that [100] million wasn't intended to be free and clear income for the Sussexes to live on. It was paid to the couple with the understanding that they'd deliver something for it. Maybe my thinking is wrong but with that contract, isn't it up to Harry and Meghan now to produce something with that [100] million? People don't work on putting a production into being a reality for free.
Interesting point. I didn't realize this but it makes sense that Harry and Meghan were not paid $100 million but were given it to produce things and have to pay the cost of the production and they could pay themselves a salary. They have spent $20+ million buying a house and paying for the renovations at Frogmore. I wonder if they are only now beginning to realize that they even with Spotify and Netflix, they are going to run out of money.

Quote:

It's a dog eat dog world and they've been handed Milk Bone underwear.
More like they chose Milk Bone underwear.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I think that was a good statement.

They showed compassion for the struggles, pain and mental health problems Harry and Meghan talked about without judgement or trying to claim it didn't happen.

Politely called BS on other things without engaging in mud slinging and repeated that they're loved. The opposite of what the interview was.

Whether it will be enough, especially for the "racist royal" narrative who knows but it's a good start.
In the end, all it needs to be enough for is the UK and perhaps the Commonwealth. No other country has an impact on the day to day running of the UK and let's face it it's not like tourists aren't going to come, when we can again, because they're a little peeved at a system of government.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieKelly View Post
The economy of it is a striking contrast to the "two hours plus bonus features" of the Oprah interview. Same for the tone of each
Because the interview was a show, first of all...
Old 03-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Interesting point. I didn't realize this but it makes sense that Harry and Meghan were not paid $100 million but were given it to produce things and have to pay the cost of the production and they could pay themselves a salary. They have spent $20+ million buying a house and paying for the renovations at Frogmore. I wonder if they are only now beginning to realize that they even with Spotify and Netflix, they are going to run out of money.

More like they chose Milk Bone underwear.
Maybe that's why there's such a big stink to have dad keep paying for security? I think these two are going to have to figure out how to economize and quickly.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't think Meghan got what she wanted and that was for her and Harry to be equal to William and Kate. I don't think she REALLY understood the institution she was marrying into. She thought she could bend it to her will and when she found she couldn't she left and they've now done this interview which was contradictory, vague and with very few direct facts.

The fact is many people with loads of material comforts complain. I worked in a hotel and met many, many rich and famous people and to be frank and honest they spent more time telling me how they had been wronged than any middle class person I ever met.
My original attitude to Megan was suck it up buttercup. Itís not anymore, but I donít think sheís a saint either.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk View Post
I don't know if anyone before said that but I just want to add it's really unfair when they bring in the conversation those who cannot answer in a similar way. Kate just won't tell her side of the story. Charles will keep his mouth shut as hes supposed to, too. The palace may issue a statement but that will be all. The Windsors can feel betrayed now. Before it was just a hard to cope with life choice of Harry and Meghan, now it's much more. A family should deal with internal problems on its own. And if anything criminal happened, there are procedures.
I wonder why did they do this interview? They don't need to explain themselves. I thought they wanted to have a normal, private life.
To expose racism in the UK, the brutality of the media or that the Firm is really a corporation with all corporate abusive characteristics? We already know this!
It seems to me like just another part of the show. Preview of the whole new season, the US edition.
Yes, it's really the launch of The Real Housewives of Windsor, Montecito Edition.

I initially thought they wanted Archewell to be of the same ilk as the Clinton, Obama, BM Gates foundations. I was already skeptical because how does one do that without establishing credentials first... but now I'm thinking maybe they want a Kardashian/Jenner kind of empire all along, famous for being famous then branch out to several business ventures but wrapped up in some "be kind" messaging.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:52 PM
Courtier

I thought it was a good statement- they took the high road. I'd steer clear of H&M. Don't let them near the family. Don't give them any amo.

Closed Thread