The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Holy... God, this is terrible. Charles better have a new LP ready to go on his accession to the throne that limits the HRH to the monarch's children and the heir's children but that anyone previously entitled to the HRH (the Kents, Gloucesters, Yorks and Wessexes) will retain their HRH.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
It is widely known that Charles has plans for a more scaled down monarchy when he becomes King.

It makes sense that Charles insists that Archie not get a title now and in the future.

It is not up to Charles or to H&M to decide if Archie should get a title now. Only the Queen can give out or take away princely titles and the current rules about titles are very clear in the LPs of 1917 and 2012.

To imply that had anything to do with Archie's race is preposterous.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Meghan claiming she didn't want to be alive anymore. Okay sure.
I find it very strange as well. When Meghan was talking about loneliness and lack of freedom in the royal family (as Senior working royals), she compared it to coronavirus lockdown!

I put the whole segment here from the BBC live reporting, in case I misinterpreted, but that's very ludicrous.

Quote:
Meghan talks more about being in the Royal Family, saying that she began to feel lonely after limits were put on the things she could do, for example not being able to go to lunch with her friends.

She says one of the "members of the family" asked her to lay low for a while, but Meghan says she hadn't left the house in months. "I'm everywhere but I am nowhere," she says.

She says at one point, she thought: "Right now I could not feel lonelier."

"I wasn't lonely with him," she says, meaning Prince Harry. "There were moments he had to work, he had to go away, there were moments in the middle of the night. There was very little I was allowed to do.

"Of course that breeds loneliness."

She compares losing her freedom to how people have felt during the past year because of the coronavirus lockdowns.
Serene Highness

Thanks all for the comments. I would have wanted to see if her acting deserves an award, maybe later.

I'm a nobody and I would like to think that if tomorrow someone offers me fame to be followed by fortune if only I'd air my family's problems on primetime TV, I would have the class to say no...
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
She is claiming they will not let her a physiatrist. She had suicidal thoughts
Didn't Diana see a physiatrist while she was still married to Charles? And I believe both William and Harry did as well. So I find this assertion suspect.
Heir Presumptive

If that were to happen it would make the royal family look vindictive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Yikes that comment about Archie's skin tone. That act of parliament to remove those titles must happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
The worst thing is that she knows, she very well knows, that the people on the other side of her accusations will not be able to respond. And she's still doing that.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:00 PM
Courtier

Meghan now saying she was contemplating suicide, and she reached out to the most senior members of the family who told her they could not help her because she "was not a paid member of the Institution."

This does not square, at all, with what Harry has said about the support he has received for his mental health from within the family.
Courtier

Are we seriously supposed to believe that a member of the RF did not know that Harry married to a biracial woman, might have a child with a darker skin tone? Or are they implying that said member thought that Meghan and Harry had control of what their child’s skin tone would be?
Heir Apparent

BBC is making out Meghan said the rules over titles were changed while she was pregnant - that can not be right??!
Old 03-07-2021, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
Didn't Diana see a physiatrist while she was still married to Charles? And I believe both William and Harry did as well. So I find this assertion suspect.
Harry publicly admitted that he was seeing a mental health professional to cope with his grief and issues. And now his wife wants us to believe her the BRF did not let her to see anyone when she was having suicidal thoughts while pregnant.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
BBC is making out Meghan said the rules over titles were changed while she was pregnant - that can not be right??!
No, it's not. If any rules would change, a new LPs would have to be published and that's public knowledge.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
"When Archie was born" she did say that.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:04 PM
Majesty

So did she really claim the Palace didn't want her to go out and see her friends because she would be all over the media and overshadow other members of the RF?
Heir Apparent

Thanks Fem, I actually meant Meghan can not really be claiming that? Surely that is such a lie that is so clearly a lie she wouldn't think it would stick?
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Harry publicly admitted that he was seeing a mental health professional to cope with his grief and issues. And now his wife wants us to believe her the BRF did not let her to see anyone when she was having suicidal thoughts while pregnant.

Sure, Jan.

Agreed. This is very difficult to believe that Meghan would have been denied access to mental healthcare professionals especially since Prince Harry has gone on record to state that he had been receiving care. Also Harry's mother had the opportunity to seek care as well.

I understand that Meghan wants to share "her truth" but some of the statements that she's making are incredible.
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
She did state at one point that Archie & the other Sussex children will become prince/princesses once Charles becomes king and mentioned what she called the "George V or VI protocols." But that seemed to go right by Oprah who questioned whether Archie's skin color was part of the reason for his lack of a title. The conversation went on so long I had a hard time keeping up and can't remember all the questions & answers. She was very concerned with the fact that without a title Archie was not entitled to security.

Archie would not be entitled to security with a title either. Beatrice and Eugenie are Princesses and don't have security. Archie, as the first child of the "spare" is actually in the same position as Beatrice. It's disgusting of her to imply that he would not get security because of his skin colour and that he is being treated differently than the rest of the family. Meghan certainly knows that Beatrice and Eugenie do not have security.
Courtier

Quote:
She would essentially have us believe she was kidnapped- she did not have her passport, etc.
Nobility

Quote:
Thank you, that's what I thought. Her story rings so false in that light.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Aristocracy

Harry is coming out finally!
Old 03-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Probably both. It is plausible. There has never been a senior member of the royal family who has been a person of color. They core family doesn't have any multicultural experience.
Think of all the things the DofE has said in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Are we seriously supposed to believe that a member of the RF did not know that Harry married to a biracial woman, might have a child with a darker skin tone? Or are they implying that said member thought that Meghan and Harry had control of what their child’s skin tone would be?