The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Nobility

There is no self-criticism from either of them.
There is no: In hindsight we made this and that mistake or we should have done this and that instead.
It's everybody else who are wrong and mean and don't understand.

Muhler, you've captured the essence of the interview...
Everybody was awful, hateful, racist, hostile, etc. Harry and Meghan were perfect, never set a foot wrong, they knew exactly what was right for them, for the firm, for the institution, for the monarchy and why not the whole world....
Meghan said that she didn't do any research on the royal family or the institution of monarchy—so how can she be an expert on it? She thought that she entered the royal family and the next second the whole institution will change to suit her every demand?
I was a very big fan and defender of Harry and Meghan right until they started preaching about the significance of the carbon footprint of each and every one of us and then jumped on several private jets to holidays or other events. And now he is complaining that he was cut off by the royal family and was left only with her mother's multi-million pound heritage?!? He stated in January that they wanted to be financially independent, that was before he was cut off. Or he thought :let the royal family or the taxpayers pay our bills until we find the highest bidder who will be interested in buying our stories...
I can personally sympathize with Meghan when she speaks about her mental health and I truly believe that she felt that way. We cannot control how we feel and every one of us has experienced some very low points in our life, but to blame everyone for it except for yourself is wrong IMO.
I am really sorry that it ended like this, I was really looking forward to seeing this couple for many years representing the Queen and country...
Anyway, wishing them all the best and congrats to their future baby-girl!

Old 03-08-2021, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

Some politicians have commented on the Harry & Meghan's interview with Oprah

Nigel Farage (Former Reform Party Leader, Brexiteer):
Nigel Farage @Nigel_Farage
The Queen and her family have worked tirelessly for the Commonwealth for 70 years. The racist slur against the Royal family just doesn't stand up.
5:32 AM · Mar 9, 2021·Twitter Media Studio
https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/sta...92915129786373

Baroness Hoey (Former Labour MP for Vauxhall, Independent Peer for of Lylehill and Rathlin in the County of Antrim)
talkRADIO @talkRADIO
Independent peer Baroness Hoey defends the Queen after Harry and Meghan's tell-all interview with Oprah.
“I think the vast majority of the British public will be sending their good wishes to Her Majesty and certainly not to Prince Harry and Meghan”
@Iromg | @CatharineHoey
9:50 PM · Mar 8, 2021·Twitter Media Studio - LiveCut

Michael Fabricant (Conservative MP for Lichfield) released several tweets on the Oprah's interview and also retweeted some replies. He was the one on Times Radio airing very brutal opinions on Times Radio before the Oprah's interview
https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/s...58745950896135
https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/s...98758411493376
https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/s...50887872364545

Peter Whittle (Brexit Alliance London Assembly Member)
Peter Whittle AM @prwhittle
During this sustained cultural onslaught on our history, it was only a matter of time before they came for its living embodiment, the monarchy. This interview has handed the destroyers a massive boost.
To accuse a family member of racism then not name them is contemptible.
7:28 PM · Mar 8, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/prwhittle/status...40929008828420

David Kurten (Heritage Party Leader, London Assembly Member)
David Kurten @davidkurten
MEghan and harry are ungrateful bores. They should be stripped of all their titles. The great county of Sussex deserves better.
11:47 AM · Mar 8, 2021·Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/davidkurten/stat...25111805784067

The Opposition (Labour) Leader, Sir Keir Starmer has commented that Royal Family should take the allegation of racism seriously.
BBC Politics @BBCPolitics
"It's a reminder... that too many people still experience racism in 21st century Britain"
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says allegations of racism raised by the Duchess of Sussex "need to be taken very seriously"
https://bbc.in/3c7jsGa
11:49 PM · Mar 8, 2021·Twitter Media Studio - LiveCut
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/stat...06727928762368

Alexandra Phillips (Former Brexit Party MEP)
https://twitter.com/ThatAlexWoman/st...17478991163395

Belinda de Lucy (Former Brexit Party MEP)
https://twitter.com/BelindadeLucy/st...49786934358016
https://twitter.com/BelindadeLucy/st...99288857067536

At bit of bonus, Andrew Neil (Chairman of The Spectator, founder of GB News and former BBC Broadcaster)
Andrew Neil @afneil
It’s been Bash the Brits day on US TV after that interview with the Markles. I suspect most Brits will be a bit sniffy and circumspect about that they had to say. But it’s going down a storm almost everywhere else. A total sh*t-show for UK’s global reputation.
5:06 AM · Mar 9, 2021·Twitter for iPad
https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1368986420656955397

Old 03-08-2021, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The White House has weighed in, which surprises me

https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampprojec...ook-courage%2F

Support for courage to speak of mental health for Meghan. No comment on other matters in the interview. Speaks of special relationship between UK and US. The G7 summit in the UK is this summer. I think the "special relationship" is stated to assure there is no diplomatic fallout from the interview.
Diplomatic fallout , nothing less ?
I' m dying ....
Old 03-08-2021, 05:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The White House has weighed in, which surprises me

https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampprojec...ook-courage%2F

Support for courage to speak of mental health for Meghan. No comment on other matters in the interview. Speaks of special relationship between UK and US. The G7 summit in the UK is this summer. I think the "special relationship" is stated to assure there is no diplomatic fallout from the interview.
Certainly, there would not be any fallout, but have you seen any support from their besties Obamas, Cerena or Clooneys?
Old 03-08-2021, 05:30 PM
Nobility

So, uh, was there a single word about their charitable endeavors in this interview? If so, you'd never know it from the coverage. They're savvy enough to know that juicy gossip about their personal lives will overshadow anything good they might have accomplished by publicizing charities. And yet, here we are.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Certainly, there would not be any fallout, but have you seen any support from their besties Obamas, Cerena or Clooneys?

I think Serena has said something. I doubt the Obamas would publicly comment. Michelle Obama is known to have gotten on extremely well with the Queen and after all it was she, who advised Meghan to ease into her new role, take it slowly and not do too much in the beginning.

That is a piece of advice that we know for certain she got, Michelle Obama has mentioned it herself - but once again, it seems that Meghan did not wish to take anyone's advice, not that it wasn't available to her.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
He's the father who walked Meghan down the aisle, welcomed her and her mother with open arms, paid her couture dresses and tried to find a decent solution for everyone involved when they wanted to be "out".

He is that type of father.
Absolutely! I've been watching William and Harry since they were born and there has never been a hint that Charles was anything but a warm and loving father. Even when things were at there worst during the War of the Wales Diana didn't say Charles was a bad father.

There were tons of pictures with those three laughing and smiling and looking very happy for DECADES. He by ALL ACCOUNTS welcomed Meghan warmly into the family. Therefore if Charles got to the point where he felt he had no other recourse but to stop taking Harry's phone calls then I am left with no other conclusion than Harry's own actions must have led to that action.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

How can there possibly be any diplomatic fallout? Are we supposed to see Boris Johnson expressing an opinion on Juan Carlos's tax affairs, or Vladimir Putin saying that he doesn't think Willem-Alexander and Maxima should have gone to Greece?

Meghan's just said "I lost my father, I lost a baby ...". How can she possibly compare a miscarriage to falling out with her father? One's a tragic act of nature, the other's the result of human behaviour.

And where was Harry whilst she was dealing with mental health issues? He was happy enough to kick up a fuss over a tiara, but he apparently wasn't able to contact a doctor or counsellor for help for Meghan?
Old 03-08-2021, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

So I just watched the interview- and am really confused . I thought it wouldn’t change my opinion. It did. It changed my whole view of royalty.
What shook me was the conversation about Archie’s skin color. I’d love to know who made that comment.
Through the years, I’ve known a lot of wonderful people and friends who support the British Royal Family. I know in my heart that these supporters are not racist- against anyone- black, pink, purple. So I’m confused.
I believe the Queen is not racist. I’m really confused.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
So I just watched the interview- and am really confused . I thought it wouldn’t change my opinion. It did. It changed my whole view of royalty.
What shook me was the conversation about Archie’s skin color. I’d love to know who made that comment.
Through the years, I’ve known a lot of wonderful people and friends who support the British Royal Family. I know in my heart that these supporters are not racist- against anyone- black, pink, purple. So I’m confused.
I think there's a lot of confusion over when the comment was made, she says one time frame, he says another. We also have no context. There is the possibility that it was an off hand comment, though an inappropriate one, that got taken out of context. Sort of like how people wonder about babies hair or eye color. We don't know because we were given none of that information.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Of course not every supporter of the monarchy (which is currently the majority of the UK) is racist!

The Queen herself has had 95 years in the public eye and has never proven herself to be racist. Literally yesterday she was publicly championing the work of the Commonwealth and embracing diversity and unity. The Commonwealth is majority people of colour.

Charles has never had a problem meeting people from a diverse range of backgrounds and has spoken about wanting to be "Defender of Faith" not "Defender of THE Faith".

We don't know who is supposed to have made the remark about the baby's skin tone, Meghan and Harry can't even agree on when it was said and Meghan only heard in 2nd hand anyway. We have no context for it - we don't even know if the person who said it was being malicious, ignorant, worried or curious. They've just thrown that out there and refused to comment further except to say it wasn't HM or PP. It's unfair because it's a shadow over everyone. If you really think it was malicious racism you should call it out and let the person defend themselves or acknowledge that they were ignorant and are very sorry.

There are a lot of things in this interview that are out of context and need to be/have been fact checked. Like most of the things to do with Archie have been proven incorrect.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

As Harry has now pointed out retroactively, the Queen and Prince Philip had nothing to do with the discussion of Archie's skin colour. I still think that they should say who it was - otherwise the whole Royal Family gets blamed for it, which I don't think is fair.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Finished watching it and well...meh.

I mean the racism claim is the big one. And will need to be dealt with. But the rest...even the suicidal claims...she would have been offered help. I don't believe she was denied any help.

The obsession with the title and security too was a little odd and they contradicted eachother.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
How can there possibly be any diplomatic fallout? Are we supposed to see Boris Johnson expressing an opinion on Juan Carlos's tax affairs, or Vladimir Putin saying that he doesn't think Willem-Alexander and Maxima should have gone to Greece?

Meghan's just said "I lost my father, I lost a baby ...". How can she possibly compare a miscarriage to falling out with her father? One's a tragic act of nature, the other's the result of human behaviour.

And where was Harry whilst she was dealing with mental health issues? He was happy enough to kick up a fuss over a tiara, but he apparently wasn't able to contact a doctor or counsellor for help for Meghan?
I don't believe her when she said that she had mental health issues. Perhaps, she was disappointed and a little sad, but that does not equate to being suicidal.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I just heard that it wasn’t HM or PP! WHEW!
Of course I would never say that all supporters of the BRF are racist. It’s untrue and unkind.
But if it’s true that there is a racist culture in the institution how can so many people who I know are good support them?
BTW- I still do. But now I’m looking at- not up.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:13 PM
Majesty

The US viewing figures are in for the Oprah interview, according to Neilson. 17 million tuned in to the programme and the article states there are likely to be many millions more once other stations that bought the interview are calculated in. It makes it the biggest viewing event apart the Super Bowl.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...h=545c3b705204
Old 03-08-2021, 06:14 PM
Gentry

I hate political correctness to such degree you can't say anything about Meghan. To me she contradicts herself all the time and is simply lying. What is interesting, what's the best strategy from the palace?
I believe this will be a no-story in a year. H&M will leech from using the royals but will be irrelevant and damaged goods.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I just heard that it wasn’t HM or PP! WHEW!
Of course I would never say that all supporters of the BRF are racist. It’s untrue and unkind.
But if it’s true that there is a racist culture in the institution how can so many people who I know are good support them?
BTW- I still do. But now I’m looking at- not up.
There's a wonderful song from Avenue Q, a musical - "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist".

It's true, but it doesn't mean there isn't good that outweighs it. Same for the BRF as anywhere else.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eleanor View Post
As Harry has now pointed out retroactively, the Queen and Prince Philip had nothing to do with the discussion of Archie's skin colour. I still think that they should say who it was - otherwise the whole Royal Family gets blamed for it, which I don't think is fair.
I think that’s their point though (even though they claim they don’t want to single that person out). Saying who it is puts the blame on one person, being vague puts the blame on the institution, and it’s the institution itself that they have a problem with.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Finished watching it and well...meh.

I mean the racism claim is the big one. And will need to be dealt with. But the rest...even the suicidal claims...she would have been offered help. I don't believe she was denied any help.

The obsession with the title and security too was a little odd and they contradicted eachother.

I just watched a second time, it's like watching a train wreck, even the Windsors were not as bad, they never said a single derogatory word about the Royal House, just quietly retired.

Closed Thread