The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not sure if this has already been posted:

https://www.societyofeditors.org/soe...ims-of-racism/

If you're going to criticise others don't be surprised if they answer you back.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

I find it extremely difficult to believe that she as a well-educated, mature, intelligent women, did not do research about the family she was marrying into. Nor that she didn't prepare herself.
You cannot be that bloody naive! A fifteen year old girl might flow on clouds into the BRF - and adult woman? I don't buy it.
The British Royal Family is the most famous and most known family in the world. You must be totally starry-eyed not to know who they are.

I just watched a german documentary report about the interview. There a so called royal expert claims that the decision of Harry and Meghan for this interview was finally made after the announcement from February (regarding patronages and finalizing the Megxit). This announcement would have made Harry and Meghan so angry that they gave their okay to Oprah. But wasn't it clear that after beginning of the superivising period in April that after a year the whole process would be new valued. It was clear that after finalizing the Megxit some things would be changed for them. If this was the reason for the final decision to sit down in an interview with Oprah I must say: "You forgot what you have last year agreed!"

I guess from now we will never ever see the Sussex-family on british soil. Not even for the possible funerals of his grandparents or the coronation of his father.

I feel so sorry for Archie and his sister not to be able to build family ties with George, Charlotte and Louis or vice versa. Children are not guilty for the mistakes of their parents. They should have the possibility to share time together. I also feel so sorry for Harrys children that they possible won't have contact with their grandfather, stepgrandmother, great-grandparents, uncle, aunt and the rest of the royal family. In Germany there is a phrase: "It takes a village to raise a child!" But there must be also a family.

I really hope for Philip that this interview and its results will not worsen his health.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
The thing that really grinds me is that Harry claims to love his family -
Well spare a thought for the kids (children) that had to go to school in this mess today .
George, Charlotte, Louise and James. (And no I don't think kids George age are above making comments).

Well Done Harry.
Exactly, the whole time I was thinking why would Harry & Meghan not considered the privacy other members of the Royal Family, given they are so adamant on protecting Archie. I would even extend this to Savannah Phillips, Isla Phillips and Mia Tindall. Lena is only 2 years old and probably stays at home.

I think Julia Hartley-Brewer somewhat agree with you
Julia Hartley-Brewer @JuliaHB1
Whose daft idea was it for this *two hour* #MeghanandHarryonOprah interview on ITV to start at 9 sodding pm on a Monday night when kids have gone back to school and some of us have alarm clocks set for 4.30am...? Grrrrrrr.
6:52 AM · Mar 9, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1369013253557391361
Old 03-08-2021, 03:59 PM
Majesty

This photo of Archie appeared during the interview harry and meghan gave to Oprah Winfrey.

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...00&filter=ds75
Old 03-08-2021, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Well spare a thought for the kids (children) that had to go to school in this mess today .
George, Charlotte, Louise and James. (And no I don't think kids George age are above making comments).

Well Done Harry.
It must be especially horrible for Louise and James because they and everyone they know are old enough to know and fully understand what's going on. As for George and Charlotte, I can't even imagine going to school where everyone tells you all how your uncle and aunt were saying horrible things about your entire family on tv for all the world to see. Even Louis must be aware that everyone in his family is upset.

And the saddest thing is we know this happened to William and Harry during the war of the Wales. I really think William is going to be extra careful of his kids and Kate now.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Watching the second segment.

Still good questions from Oprah.

Archie not being protected. I don't get that one.
He is a child. He was living in a guarded estate. He was mainly with his parents, who were protected.
Surely that would be an issue for when he became older or an adult.

Meghan feeling unhappy and depressed. I find that very believable. The circumstances and setting is irrelevant. It's how a person feels. You can sit on a pile of gold and be depressed!
Considering how she was flung into a completely new life - more or less deliberately unprepared it is IMO more than likely that she would become depressed.

Not getting help. She felt she didn't get help. Those whom she asked may have felt they did offer help on the basis of how they interpreted her call for help. That's impossible to say.

The race issue is pretty tenuous IMO. It's perception and meaning. Meaning: Wouldn't it be cute if your child was brown.
Perception: Racism!

Photo-op after the birth of Archie, none, because no one asked?!?
I remember it well. Half of Britain howled for photos!
Don't buy that one.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
And how is that bad enough to justify Meghan of GHOSTING her own father who according to Meghan HERSELF, a kind and caring man who took care of her? Because she thinks that he was making money off of her? That's a bit rich considering she effectively is making money off of the BRF now.
Meghan didn't ghost him over the pictures. He admits that himself. She stopped talking to him due to everything he did the days leading up to the wedding. And then all he has done after it. This man also insulted Doria to a tabloid. I really have zero sympathy for that man.

He can say whatever he wants to say. Nothing has stopped him the last 2 years from doing so.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
The last question is an interesting one. If you take out the don't knows it's roughly fifty fifty.

Only one in five think it's appropriate. I wonder if that'll be reflected in the viewing figures.
That is interesting but not really surprising. It is a bit hard to feel sympathy for a rich, famous family while so many people are hurting. It's like the South Africa interview, really tone deaf. This is why I think the royal family is better served not responding.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
I typed several lines and deleted all of it (I'm shocked at some of the vile anti-BRF comments on social media, and just don't understand if H&M don't realize that their words feed these comments, or that they don't care)

but in the end all i'm left with is:

what do H&M think they gain by doing this...
This was the first thing my husband asked when I told him about the interview. And when I thought about it and couldn't come up with an answer, he said that people who for a long time felt misunderstood and hearing of wrong stories about them have a strong need to tell their side of the story. And then he said: But it never helps. You can only come to terms with yourself. And he is right in that. They reacted like pampered children who actually means something to people. But they will find out that they don't as memebers of the RF. They can only make them meaningful by doing good work for their emplyers now. Good luck with that!! I really mean: I wish you all the luck in the world.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

How is it that no one here is blaming Charles for this mess?
Old 03-08-2021, 04:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Because Charles is not to blame that Harry and Meghan decided to give this interview.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

Downing Street says Boris Johnson didn't watch the interview and that any questions arising from it should be handled by BP.

Quote:
“I’ve always had the highest admiration for the Queen and the unifying role that she plays in our country and across the Commonwealth,” he told a news conference when asked about the allegations.

“As for the rest, all other matters to do with the royal family, I’ve spent a long time now not commenting on royal family matters and I don’t intend to depart from that today.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/brit...-idUSKBN2B01W9
Old 03-08-2021, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

But he is to blame for cutting them off, for not answering to the phone, not listening when Meghan was depressed, did nothing when she faced deep racism for years by the hands of the tabbloids and members of the family.

He is unofficial head of this family as Elizabeth gets older and older. This idea that Charles is some innocent bystander is absolutely foul. He hasn't been an innocent bystander the moment he married Diana.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Because he's not to blame for this mess.
Next ...
Old 03-08-2021, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Why would anyone blame Charles?
Old 03-08-2021, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronprinz View Post
Downing Street says Boris Johnson didn't watch the interview and that any questions arising from it should be handled by BP.

https://www.reuters.com/article/brit...-idUSKBN2B01W9

“As for the rest, all other matters to do with the royal family, I’ve spent a long time now not commenting on royal family matters and I don’t intend to depart from that today.”

Ha ha. Well played Boris.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Third segment on, soon bedtime.

Harry is on.

Still pointy questions from Oprah.

There is no question in my mind, that certainly Harry genuinely believe in their own narrative, that they were unfairly treated, that they got no support.

It is also clear that Harry (and Meghan) did decide to press ahead with their plans regardless. He said so clearly. And that there had been a huge row! Phone not being answered is indicative of a huge row.
There is no self-criticism from either of them.
There is no: In hindsight we made this and that mistake or we should have done this and that instead.
It's everybody else who are wrong and mean and don't understand.

There is a lot of emphasis on security. I don't quite get it. Security was gradually withdrawn after H&M left as senior working members of the BRF.
Such protection is taxpayer funded. And as private citizens their security becomes a private and local police matter.

Well, no need to see more.
I'm not particularly impressed. There was too much "poor me", too much blaming others and no self-reflection.
It will still be very damaging for the BRF though.
The main focus here in DK, to the extent that there is a focus (we have other things to be concerned about right now,) is the racist element.

Many will believe them, others want to throw things at the TV. There will be few inbetween.

I'm damned good at spotting micro-expressions! And I saw them...
Old 03-08-2021, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Well Done Harry.
I am not sure he loves his family, but in his mind he wants to love them. You can't love your family and do these kind of things. He could have left without this spectacle.

Quote:
But he is to blame for cutting them off, for not answering to the phone, not listening when Meghan was depressed, did nothing when she faced deep racism for years by the hands of the tabbloids and members of the family.

He is unofficial head of this family as Elizabeth gets older and older. This idea that Charles is some innocent bystander is absolutely foul. He hasn't been an innocent bystander the moment he married Diana.
How is he to blame? They chose to leave the Family and that is when he cut off their finances. What is Charles going to do? Harry is her husband. Charles didn't speak out when the press bashed Camila, his wife or Kate his daughter-in-law.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

-They wanted to be financially independant. They are now.
- At one point even a father can be very tired by his son's antics and not responding to the phone. Charles is a very busy man, Harry knows that.
- It was not the role of Charles to listen his daughter in law complaining about her state of mind. It was Harry's. Harry was seeing professionals for his own problems for years, so sure he knew how to deal with it.
- Charles's role is not to defend every single member of the family in the press. It's the moto " just go with it". His own wife was maybe the most hated woman on earth at one point. He probably told Meghan to carry on and keep calm.
- The marriage to Diana is totally irrelevent in this story.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:

Harry specifically said that he did not go to any members of the royal family with the request for Meghan to receive treatment for her depression/suicidal ideation. That actually stuck with me a lot -- Meghan said she was ashamed or scared to tell Harry, and then when he joined the interview he said that he did not go to his family with the information because he was also ashamed.

I don't think the fault lies with any one person, but honestly I think a lot of the interview highlighted Harry's reticence to actually express the severity of the issues directly to his family. And Meghan should perhaps be just as upset about that -- she was pregnant and suicidal and needed help, and instead of her husband going to family to ask for help, he and Meghan meandered through the royal household bureaucracy (who they clearly don't trust) because *he* -- not just she -- was too ashamed to make clear the extent of her difficulty.

Honestly, much of the interview highlighted for me how little Harry did to prepare Meghan, and how much he hesitated to speak up or push back when he had more standing to do so than she did -- for example, he said that the comment from a family member about their future child's skin tone was something that took him by surprise so he didn't say much to respond, but yet he felt the need to pass on this comment to Meghan without being willing to push back as a white man whose own family member it was?

Closed Thread