The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Can't believe she brought up "wait Catie" William will never forgive him
I would love to see William getting protective about Kate. Now's the time, especially when her name was dragged into this sham show.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
How did anyone not know Diana did not do an interview? That was covered all across America.
Megan was born the year that Diana married Charles and was only 16 when Diana died. She was 14-15 while the separation and divorce was in the supermarket tabloids here in the US.

Given that Megan didn't want to do any research into her future family once she started dating Charles, it's unlikely that she knew very much about Diana's media presence.

That's no excuse for making something up, though. It's fascinating that Megan would give Diana as a precedent.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

From Richard Palmer.

@RoyalReporter: Plenty to write and not much time to tweet today. Crisis meetings continue in the Royal Household. Every single person authorised to speak to the media has their phone switched off, as far as I can tell. And it’s not just me they aren’t taking calls from.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
From Richard Palmer.

@RoyalReporter: Plenty to write and not much time to tweet today. Crisis meetings continue in the Royal Household. Every single person authorised to speak to the media has their phone switched off, as far as I can tell. And it’s not just me they aren’t taking calls from.
That's not surprising. I'm sure they're trying to formulate a potential response and plan for going forward and its not going to help if they speak to the press piecemeal.

The probably also wanted to wait for the rest of the clips on CBS Morning Show and airing of it on ITV tonight.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness

I think BP is currently determining how to deal with it - and if they do whose office it will come from. Personally I feel that the Queen should just put an end to this and draw the line but there are many people who feel that Charles should take responsibility.
However I am not necessarily sold on them saying anything.
what would you do
1. Leave it be and let time time its course? The family will forever be tainted with this now - and every event will be married by it. Essentially it shows them as weak and having something to hide.
2. Attack now with guns blaring. I think that they are very worried that the royal family reputation will be further harmed - but essentially isnt it already harmed in all this.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Can't believe she brought up "wait Catie" William will never forgive him

Vey time Meghan claims how worse she had it than anybody else I think to myself - very bluntly I may add - we saw Kate's boobs. The whole world saw her almost naked. Isn't that worse?

[...]

Media will latch to anything that isn't seen as "perfect" on comment on it.For Meghan it was her race (unfortunately) and for other Royals it was something else. If we didn't know Megan is biracial there would be no racist comments. If Kate was biracial media would focused on that.

Media didn't spare any royal, but of course only Meghan had it bd (in her eyes).
Old 03-08-2021, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I would love to see William getting protective about Kate. Now's the time, especially when her name was dragged into this sham show.
I believe William and Kate have more dignity than to lower themselves to respond to this. They will continue to do their duty - something the Sussexes couldn't stomach.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

I think the Royal Family will respond. Give it time - by Wednesday.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pretty sure Meghan clarified that she and Kate are cool and hashed out their issues so I'm not sure why people think she is a victim of evil Meghan?
Old 03-08-2021, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

I think they can feed statements to the media, rather than make a full-on public statement, so that they can officially respond to media's requests for comments regarding allegations rather than respond to the interview itself.

I would have a very short statement provided to royal reporters, something along the lines of the Queen (?) being saddened by allegations made against members of her family by another family member, that racism is not tolerated, but that this matter, and all other matters will be discussed within the family. Then insert that line about H&M being much loved members of the family...
Old 03-08-2021, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I'm pretty sure Meghan clarified that she and Kate are cool and hashed out their issues so I'm not sure why people think she is a victim of evil Meghan?
If this is true, then she wouldn't need to bring up the "She made me cry" nonsense. lol
Old 03-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
If everything was fine with Meghan and Kate she wouldn't have gotten on tv and told that story at all. Think about it, do you go to a party with a bunch of strangers and tell a story about how your sister-in-law made you cry all while you're telling everyone about how much trouble you're having with your in-laws in general and expect it to come off like everything is good between you and your sister-in-law?
Old 03-08-2021, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
If this is true, then she wouldn't need to bring up the "She made me cry" nonsense. lol
Exactly. N all the "Oprah asked her, she didn't bring it up" is just nonsense. They would've known what they were going to be asked.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I think BP is currently determining how to deal with it - and if they do whose office it will come from. Personally I feel that the Queen should just put an end to this and draw the line but there are many people who feel that Charles should take responsibility.
However I am not necessarily sold on them saying anything.
what would you do
1. Leave it be and let time time its course? The family will forever be tainted with this now - and every event will be married by it. Essentially it shows them as weak and having something to hide.
2. Attack now with guns blaring. I think that they are very worried that the royal family reputation will be further harmed - but essentially isnt it already harmed in all this.
Attempting to clear things up didn't exactly help Andrew (no comment on if he's actually guilty)

Even if the comment was true and the person came out and said "it's me but I was just wondering about life being even more difficult for their potential off spring or wondering what they would look like, no malice intended" or even "I was ignorant but I'm sorry" it probably wouldn't help.

But I'm not sure doing nothing would heal anything in the long run either. There's always the possibility of a huge BLM protest alongside the jubilee celebrations next year which wouldn't be good.

Things like the title issues are easy to clarify but that won't stop people who refuse to believe the 1917 patents and feel Archie should have been made HRH anyway "to support POC".
Old 03-08-2021, 11:45 AM

I say that was a lie
Old 03-08-2021, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy50 View Post
a german article which sums it up quite good
no paywall, just click reading with ads

https://www.zeit.de/zeit-magazin/unt...e.share.link.x

Thank you, that's a good one!!

It's entitled "The fight against one's own insignificance"

Quote:

Meghan and Harry remain vague, because who are they without the Royal Family?

"Oh my god," shouts Meghan when she sees the pastel-colored Better Living setting in which she greets Oprah Winfrey euphorically. "You are actually pregnant," she calls back. "Do you want to tell us the gender?" Meghan nods immediately. "In a moment, when my husband joins us later, we'll tell you." Scripted Reality can be so beautiful. 30 seconds airtime, the cliffhanger is in place.

It's about the couple's ability to survive in American show business, where sympathy and credibility are the only valid currencies. "What's your story" is the all-important question.

So Meghan is stepping it up, because she knows that you have to deliver in such a setting. During her first pregnancy with her son Archie in 2019, there were several conversations in the innermost circle about the possible dark skin color of the baby, she says vaguely. And she doesn't want to tell her who that was, asks Winfrey gently - because of course that would be the sensation. "It would be very damaging to them," replies Meghan.

Meghan and Harry don't mention the word depression, instead they and Winfrey refer to the joint series on mental health planned for Apple's streaming service. A video overlay, a beach scene in black and white, shows Archie, who is almost two years old. In between there are generic phrases, hints about mental crises that kept her awake at night, unbearable conditions at court, lack of security, lack of police protection. Halfway through, they've run out of steam.

Harry remains relatively stiff and aloof. In some places he even comes across as a defiant kid who refuses to admit who hit whom first. And so the viewer gets the impression that his wife is pushing him, with pleading glances, to unpack more. "How's your relationship with your brother," asks Winfrey. "And your father, does he answer the phone again?" Harry, who obviously did not go through coaching for protagonists of American emotion television, remains non-committal.

The two, who resigned as senior royals last year, want to tell their version of the story. The result is a sometimes confused chat, without any real new knowledge. The fact that the 1,200-year-old institution of the British monarchy is riddled with racist tendencies should not be tolerated, but to be honest, it comes as little surprise because of the slow processing of British colonial history. Prince Harry, who, in memory of his mother Princess Diana, has often spoken in recent years about periods of depression and his fear that history might repeat itself, can add little new.

The announced tour of Harry and Meghan's $ 14.6 million estate begins and ends in the chicken coop called Archie's Chick Inn. "We want to live authentically," says Meghan, sitting between the chickens - with shiny, open hair that is undulated to perfection.

And it is precisely this scene that symbolizes the couple's ambivalent world: preaching simplicity, living in luxury. Demanding privacy, but meaning maximum control over your own PR activities. That Harry and Meghan, after they recently had to finally give up all their royal patronages, do not want a complete break with the Queen and brother William, becomes clear when the prince repeatedly expresses the deep respect he feels for his grandmother. Meghan also speaks of her sister-in-law Kate as a "good person".

Because for business deals, the Harry & Meghan brand needs the favor of the largest possible global audience and thus the guarantee that many people will continue to be interested in them. If this capital melts away, the foundation of the business disappears and with it all the beautiful assets. And this capital is Harry's family, which Meghan married into. As far away as they want to be from their annoying relatives: Without the British Royal Family, they are just a couple speculating on Big Business with a mix of show business and charity.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

Changing subjects, I found the CBC news article on why Canada would not pay for H&M's security indefinitely. I think it sheds some light on Harry's allegations about security.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/har...nada-1.5478022
Thank you for posting. They had more than a month's notice so they weren't left high and dry. Harry and Meghan claimed that they made the decision to step away after a lot of reflection. It looks like they didn't reflect on everything.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

This episode made me realize how vulnerable monarchies are against enemies from within. If they were indeed, The Firm, H&M would be faced with a big fat lawsuit now and perhaps not even be allowed to speak about the RF in the first place because there would likely be an NDA. Now I'm wondering, do other royal families have NDAs to married-ins?? Maybe that might be something useful from now on. Plus, it's a tool that Hollywood types like Meghan would totally understand..
Old 03-08-2021, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
This was not at all the impression I got from the interview. I do not think she was trying to portray Catherine as a villain but I do not think she was trying to bury the lede that things were never particularly good between the two of them nor that they are in a good place now. I think Meghan was trying to convey that these are two very different people, that Catherine is a "good person" but that things were never in a great place between them:
  • She was specifically asked about Catherine being welcoming towards her. She hesitated and rather than answer whether Catherine was welcoming, hesitated and said something evasive about the family being welcoming.
  • When asked about pictures that showed the two of them as warm sisters-in-law at Wimbledon, she responded that things were "not as they seemed" (yikes)
  • At pains to describe the steps he has taken to restore his relationship with his father and brother, Harry never mentioned Catherine, whom he often described as a sister, with whom he was famously close, and whom he has known (literally) most of his life at this point.

This is very much in keeping with stories that the two are both good people but not compatible as friends.

But again, I don't think these things were meant to portray Catherine poorly. There is no need to falsely portray a friendship that does not exist.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:55 AM
Aristocracy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hospital.html

lol@I just phoned the Queen to check in on him. Okay, Meghan. This is apparently during the interview?

Closed Thread