The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonder if they bothered to tell family first

Royal Highness

They could not care less about the British people. America gives them a huge world stage and audience .

Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The story about getting married three days before their actual wedding has to be fake. First, I doubt the Archbishop would do it. Second, that would make their wedding unlawful, wouldn't it?
You don't know that. And it is easily verified, as is everything Meghan is saying.

For example, all of the stories that came out about "Kate made Meghan cry." So many variations about something that people on the inside know exactly what happened. I believe Meghan is telling the truth. And she was kind in her comments about Kate in the process. So obviously, Meghan simply wants to set the record straight, because Meghan is the one who has been overwhelmingly maligned. It needs to stop.

I too didn't like the design of the little bridesmaid's dresses. Kind of minor though in the scheme of things. So if it wasn't my wedding, I would have tried to be very sensitive and generous about bringing it up. Or not bring it up at all. I understand that Kate had just had a baby. And that was one of the pieces of information put out. That things were stressful in the lead-up to the wedding. And Kate was experiencing some post-partum blues.
Courtier

You know, I've not had any inclination to watch this as I expected it to be a sh*t show train wreck, plus I didn't want to give them any ratings but these comments and the BBC live feed updates are making me want to tune in and see it for myself...
Old 03-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Wonder if they bothered to tell family first
I wonder how much they talk to the family at all at this point.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Nobility

Many thanks for the updates everyone. Really appreciated.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

From reading through the BBC Live Feed, without sounding cynical, is Meghan really shading Catherine or even other members of the Royal Family in the BIB below? Because the same insults have been thrown from modern feminists at other female members of the royal family for not having a career and rebelling against protocol.

Quote:
Oprah points out that she was the first mixed-race person to marry into the family, as well as a divorcee and an independent woman. Did that concern her in being able to fit in?

"I thought about it because they made me think about it, right. But I think at the same time now upon reflection, thank God all of those things were true. Thank God I had that life experience. Thank God I had known the value of working."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
You know, I've not had any inclination to watch this as I expected it to be a sh*t show train wreck, plus I didn't want to give them any ratings but these comments and the BBC live feed updates are making me want to tune in and see it for myself...
I would recommend reading the live reporting if you don't want to watch the full interview. It's very insightful with some analysis from the BBC.
Courtier

Quote:
This is like watching a train wreck, I know it's bad and somehow I cannot stop watching
Aristocracy

She is claiming they said Archie would not have security.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
And Kate was experiencing some post-partum blues.
I think the only people who know, for sure, if Kate was experiencing some post-partum blues are Kate and William. If Meghan said that or implied that... She's crossing a line that she has no business crossing if she truly wants to maintain a good relationship with her in-laws.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:40 PM
Royal Highness

So before Archie was born, it wasn't Harry & Meghan who didn't want him to have a title. I don't get this!!!?
Old 03-07-2021, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Meghan now claiming that "they" "did not want" her child to be a "prince/ princess" and that "they" would had "no explanation." She "heard a lot of this" "through Harry" and "other members of the family."

Now claiming that it was her son was going to be "the first member of color in this family" was "not going to be titled" the same way as other members of the family.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

She said they weren't ask to take a photo so they didn't? What.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
Meghan now claiming that "they" "did not want" her child to be a "prince/ princess" and that "they" would had "no explanation." She "heard a lot of this" "through Harry" and "other members of the family."

Now claiming that it was her son was going to be "the first member of color in this family" was "not going to be titled" the same way as other members of the family.
Who is "THEY" she needs to clarify. I think it is implied to be the Queen.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think the only people who know, for sure, if Kate was experiencing some post-partum blues are Kate and William. If Meghan said that or implied that... She's crossing a line that she has no business crossing if she truly wants to maintain a good relationship with her in-laws.
This was put out by a 'royal source,' as one of the many many news stories. And those are not all made up by RRs. A lot of royal reporters have an inside to people in the palaces. Meghan had nothing to do with any description of this kind. Meghan didn't cause anything about this story. It was put out in the first place to hurt Meghan. Remember that.

So all of the stories that came out later, including Kate having post-partum issues were coming from palace sources. None of this had to come out. It didn't start with Meghan or Harry.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

OH MY! She said there were conversations about how "Dark Archie" would be. Oprah asked for a name. She said "I think that would be very damaging to them".

Has to be the Queen, Charles or William right?
Old 03-07-2021, 08:45 PM
Courtier

I don't think that they could have had a legal wedding 3 days before the real one because, IIRC (not Anglican myself), the Anglican church doesn't allow a 2nd wedding ceremony to be performed in the church. You get one ceremony in the church. So if they did ask the AoC to marry them ahead of time... I can't see that happening... How do you reconcile the "no witnesses doesn't make it really legal" with the fact that you are, essentially, reading the wedding rite to them and allowing them to exchange vows? I just can't see the AoC doing that, not if he has a shred of integrity (and I'm sure he does!).
Old 03-07-2021, 08:45 PM
Royal Highness

I think she is implicating William as the person who was asking the question about Archie’s skin color. Any other ideas?
Old 03-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Aristocracy

I think it was Charles or William if what she is telling is true. She seemed to respect the Queen.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
She said they weren't ask to take a photo so they didn't? What.

Who is "THEY" she needs to clarify. I think it is implied to be the Queen.

Earlier she made a distinction between the people who run the family business and the family itself. She also said the Queen had always been wonderful to her and always made her feel welcome. So I don't think she means the Queen.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
She is claiming they said Archie would not have security.
She is lying again about Archie not becoming a prince, apparently, it's his birthright to have a title, it is but only when Charles becomes a king.
She is hinted that senior royals were concerned that Archie is going to be too dark for the Royal Family, but she will not name them because it would be too damaging.

Closed Thread