The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Their mothers arenít so much in the public eye and reviled by so many, nor are they subject to racist threats.
Agreed. Harry has legitimate concerns for his family's safety but the other royals do not have as much money as Harry and Meghan do.

Old 03-08-2021, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex - Interview with Oprah March 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Kate was not faced with William being called a "race traitor" for marrying her. Psychos were not threatening her online because she didn't have fair skin and blue eyes. I have seen some of the comments of these cockroaches on message boards.

They are not to be believed tbh.

And also don't forget. Kate had an entire decade to apprentice.

ICAM about the PoW needing a Harry break. He has always struck me as spoiled and entitled.

No one forced Meghan to read everything that was said about her. She could have- and should have- ignored it IMO. It was garbage. There are a lot of sick people online. We see that every day. Meghan claimed she could block out the noise. Clearly not. Lots of celebrities donít read whatís written about them. Which is smart.

Kate had a lot of time to adapt, agreed. She chose that path. Meghan made her own choices. Iím not going to feel sorry for Meghan that she chose- regardless of why- to jump in the way she did. (She did it across the board, and she didnít have to.) Especially if sheís going to whine and cry about it now. Best I can tell, Meghan did EXACTLY what she wanted- and it didnít work out.

Harry- to me anyway- had an image of being down to earth, one of the guys. When that website went live- I saw a lot of cracks. Itís only gone downhill from there.

Old 03-08-2021, 09:56 AM
Majesty

The Queen and Prince Philip were not behind "concerns" about the colour of Archie's skin, says Oprah Winfrey.

The talk show host said Prince Harry had insisted she tell people his grandmother and grandfather were not involved.

https://news.sky.com/story/queen-and...-skin-12239751
Old 03-08-2021, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

There are headlines in America about Archie's title and mixed race. This is exactly what Meghan implied. It is time to remove the Sussex title.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
A few reporters have weighed in on the claims from Harry and Meghan that the press team didnít defend them.

@byEmilyAndrews: Meghan says the press team didnít defend her when ďthings werenít true.Ē That is just not right. The press team with whom I interacted defended them again & again & again, told me things were wrong (so didnít publish) & indeed tried to stop me when true.

@danwootton: In another new clip on CBS, Meghan tells Oprah the institution gave her only one chance to kill a media story (her dad Thomasí pap pics scandal). Thatís untrue. Communications staff for Buckingham Palace tried to stop many stories running on her behalf, some of which were true.
I think her concern is that if the comms people couldn't keep the media from printing something, they should have publicly denied it. That is not how the royal family operates.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

And also don't forget. Kate had an entire decade to apprentice.
From what I understand many people told Harry and Meghan they were going to fast and to take more time before they got married, including William. Clearly Harry and Meghan chose not to listen to anyone. In retrospect, it seems clear all that advice was correct. It would be easy to say it's not because H&M are still married but given the overall results they probably should have waited longer.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

O to be a fly on the wall at the Kensington Palace or the Clarence House!
Old 03-08-2021, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The Queen and Prince Philip were not behind "concerns" about the colour of Archie's skin, says Oprah Winfrey.

The talk show host said Prince Harry had insisted she tell people his grandmother and grandfather were not involved.

Never thought it was them.

Also why didn't Oprah dive into his relationship with his brother?
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
A few reporters have weighed in on the claims from Harry and Meghan that the press team didnít defend them.

@byEmilyAndrews: Meghan says the press team didnít defend her when ďthings werenít true.Ē That is just not right. The press team with whom I interacted defended them again & again & again, told me things were wrong (so didnít publish) & indeed tried to stop me when true.

@danwootton: In another new clip on CBS, Meghan tells Oprah the institution gave her only one chance to kill a media story (her dad Thomasí pap pics scandal). Thatís untrue. Communications staff for Buckingham Palace tried to stop many stories running on her behalf, some of which were true.
Oh, so their office did try to stop the stories from coming out. More lies, lies, lies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I haven't and won't watch it but please correct me if I am wrong:

The only real allegation of the royal family's racism is the confused story about the unnamed family member who supposedly speculated on what there children would look like. - I find it hard to believe this happened. If Harry did look away when he was asked about it, it could be that he was reacting to being caught in a lie.
We don't know what happened, who said it and what exactly was said, but is it possible that Harry simply didn't understand genuine concern coming from someone? Something along the lines of William saying he would be nervous if one of his children were gay, but he would support them either way, he's just worried because of the added pressure.

Or it's simply something they made up, because they wanted to play the race card. I don't know. It just... the more people analyze the interview, the more things simply does not make sense or are completely untrue.
Serene Highness

I want to point out that Meghan said she wanted to go somewhere to get help. They may have said no but ai can see why. The place would have been bombarded. That is different from saying no to help someone could have been hir2d to see her daily I am sure.

Archie should never be a Prince...and would not have been at birth.

Whether we are team believer or team sceptic no conclusion ever answers all the phenomena that occur. And when we think we know all we have is doubt.

I believe her perspective. But I dont necessarily now believe that that perspective is anywhere near the truth.she may have asked to go somewhere to retain her mental health. Be told no but offered mabynother options. But all she heard was no and freaked out.

One thing I am sure of she shouldnt have reported something third hand. You should never repeat what someone tells you ever.
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
O to be a fly on the wall at the Kensington Palace or the Clarence House!
They're probably so disappointed in Harry.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
There are headlines in America about Archie's title and mixed race. This is exactly what Meghan implied. It is time to remove the Sussex title.
At this point that would only be playing into their narrative and I doubt the Queen actually wants to do that for a number of reasons.

I'm surprised (but not really) though that Harry and Meghan didn't take the opportunity to say that they weren't going to use their own titles any more for PR purposes.

It should definitely be officially corrected though. That the only reason all of William's children are HRH Prince/ss is because of concern that George would be Georgina and not entitled to HRH whilst a younger brother *would* be.

That none of the Queen's other Great-grandchildren have titles and even her actual male line grandchildren are addressed as children of an Earl. It has nothing to do with singling Archie out for his heritage.

And makes them look obsessed with the titles they claim don't matter.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

Now he says it. After giving people hours to throw his elderly grandparents under the bus. How thoughtful of him. And-yes- I saw on social media that it must have been Philip. And suggested here.

I really donít buy that this happened the way the Sussexes said it did anyway. If anything was even said at all.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:05 AM
Nobility

I haven't seen the interview , I doubt I will , but I have seen /heard 'snippets ' on news programs. I don't understand how Harry can say he has been 'cut off financially ', when they wanted to be financially independent ???
Old 03-08-2021, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

It won't be something they have to worry about for a while, but I hope by the time the next royal relationship reaches engagement stage, the BRF has developed a concrete, non-negotiable, non-arguable process for onboarding would-be royal spouses.

I can't help but feel so much of this could have been prevented if there had simply been more preparation and adjustment time. Kate and Sophie both had it - Meghan should have had it as well.

And I make no claims as to who was to blame for her not having it. Sadly, it is water under the bridge now...
Old 03-08-2021, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Oh, so their office did try to stop the stories from coming out. More lies, lies, lies...

We don't know what happened, who said it and what exactly was said, but is it possible that Harry simply didn't understand genuine concern coming from someone? Something along the lines of William saying he would be nervous if one of his children were gay, but he would support them either way, he's just worried because of the added pressure.

Or it's simply something they made up, because they wanted to play the race card. I don't know. It just... the more people analyze the interview, the more things simply does not make sense or are completely untrue.
It could also have been mere, harmless speculation about whom the baby would look like, the mom or the dad. I can see how Harry or Meghan can turn it all about the race/colour. They've done so in the past.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:09 AM
Aristocracy

There seems to be a lot of curiosity and sympathy for these two on Social Media with many young people particularly questioning the validity and purpose of the Monarchy. Sadly in today's digital age it is so easy to influence consumers with a narrative. I think this is an incredibly dangerous moment for the Monarchy and something must be done to refute these outrageous lies that they are peddling.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Did H say that Charles started to refuse to take his calls? I'm surprised because I think that Charles was always too indulgent with them.. esp Harry.. but evidently, even C got fed up with being pestered...Sounds like H had a hissy fit when the Bank of Dad closed down?
I am surprised too. My take has always been that Charles was too worried about his children liking him, which is why he was not a disciplinarian. I can't believe it was just about money though. Obviously, he funded Harry for a while and the people of Canada paid the security bill for a while. How long should a person who is a multimillionaire and not working for anyone expect others to pay his bills?
Old 03-08-2021, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius1 View Post
There seems to be a lot of curiosity and sympathy for these two on Social Media with many young people particularly questioning the validity and purpose of the Monarchy. Sadly in today's digital age it is so easy to influence consumers with a narrative. I think this is an incredibly dangerous moment for the Monarchy and something must be done to refute these outrageous lies that they are peddling.
It really isn't. Give it a week. People will forget it. There's a lot going on in the world for anyone to fixate on this.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
At this point that would only be playing into their narrative and I doubt the Queen actually wants to do that for a number of reasons.

I'm surprised (but not really) though that Harry and Meghan didn't take the opportunity to say that they weren't going to use their own titles any more for PR purposes.

It should definitely be officially corrected though. That the only reason all of William's children are HRH Prince/ss is because of concern that George would be Georgina and not entitled to HRH whilst a younger brother *would* be.

That none of the Queen's other Great-grandchildren have titles and even her actual male line grandchildren are addressed as children of an Earl. It has nothing to do with singling Archie out for his heritage.

And makes them look obsessed with the titles they claim don't matter.
There's a problem leaving someone who resents your family in the line of succession. IDK if they play into their narrative. Remove the title and he should be axed from the line of succession. Moving forward - Archie and their kids should not have titles since they don't want to be part of the royal family and they have slandered the Royal Family.

Closed Thread