The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
For what it's worth, BBC News is doing a live-update for those unable to watch the interview live:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56271580
Thank you very much Jacknch for providing the BBC link! I'm reading the live report along!

Old 03-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
Meghan did not say that she did not know anything about the royal family-- let us be fair and balanced for readers who are not watching live.

She said she did not know more than an average American might, who did not grow up surrounded by news about the royals and surrounded by cultural knowledge about them, and that when she started dating Harry she purposely did not "research" them or read about them online.
I am an average American, and I, with all my friends watched the interview, and that was about 20 people, we had a wine party and everything.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan is salty as a bag of lay and fake as a five dollar diamond and the Royal family can’t even respond back. This is painful.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Majesty

Meghan tells Oprah that she and Harry got married three days before their wedding.

"Three days before our wedding, we got married. No-one knows that but we called the Archbishop (of Canterbury) and we just said 'this thing, this spectacle is for the world but we want our union between us'."
Old 03-07-2021, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Harry made such a big mistake. It's sad, but he can't take this one back.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:26 PM
Royal Highness

So many revelations. Meghan knew Eugenie (probably through Misha Nonoo) before she met Harry. Also, they got married 3 days before the royal wedding, with only the Archbishop of Canterbury there with them. Interesting...
Old 03-07-2021, 08:28 PM
Majesty

The story about getting married three days before their actual wedding has to be fake. First, I doubt the Archbishop would do it. Second, that would make their wedding unlawful, wouldn't it?
Old 03-07-2021, 08:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
this whole thing is so sad
Old 03-07-2021, 08:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The story about getting married three days before their actual wedding has to be fake. First, I doubt the Archbishop would do it. Secondly, that would make their wedding unlawful, wouldn't it?
I have trouble believing this myself because to the best of my understanding you have to have two witnesses to make the marriage legal.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Meghan tells Oprah that she and Harry got married three days before their wedding.

"Three days before our wedding, we got married. No-one knows that but we called the Archbishop (of Canterbury) and we just said 'this thing, this spectacle is for the world but we want our union between us'."

Interesting. I'm not sure how British taxpayers are going to react to this revelation. I predict that some will find it romantic and charming. Others will ask for a refund for the costs of the St. George Chapel wedding. Others won't care either way.
Serene Highness

She says the Queen has always been wonderful to her and always made her feel welcome and goes on to say "everyone welcomed her." She makes a distinction between the "Firm" who run the family business and the family itself.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness

Also, can you just call up the Archbishop of Canterbury and tell him to marry you like he is a Las Vegas Quickie marriage broker?
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
I agree. Unfortunately Harry made the wrong choice. Honestly, I really believe that this wedding is not going to be long.
I increasingly believe that it was she who wanted to leave the royal family and go to live in the United States. He went after her, because he felt it was her duty to be with his wife and son.
Fortunately, unlike Harry, Prince William made the right choice and married a woman who accepted royal duties.
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
So many revelations. Meghan knew Eugenie (probably through Misha Nonoo) before she met Harry. Also, they got married 3 days before the royal wedding, with only the Archbishop of Canterbury there with them. Interesting...
It couldn't have been "legal" with no witnesses...
Courtier

I think, again, the very simple things are wonderful and I support and agree with them by themselves, but in their larger context they are problematic.

She has just told Oprah that what she enjoys the most about her life now is the simple things, being able to get back to the simple things in life and enjoy them while tending to her chickens. And I think that is a wonderful as a message by itself.

But- the only reason she and her husband and son can enjoy a life mucking in their Wellies feeding the chickens without worrying about paying their mortgage and saving an infinite number of animals and living a general life of "simplicity" surrounded by luxury is because of the institutional privilege they supposedly want no part of. Everything they have, materially, is because of everything they say they scorn, and they give no indication whatsoever that they would be willing to give one iota of that up.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Yikes that comment about Archie's skin tone. That act of parliament to remove those titles must happen.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

On a side note, I thought it was great that Harry & Meghan showed Oprah on the chicken they rescued and kept in their property.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experi...39abcc69a6.jpg

The picture is from the BBC live reporting.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Courtier

The revelation about her marriage makes the entire production of the wedding seem like a scam and a big middle finger to the British people.

Also, her answer when asked about Catherine being welcoming, while the words were that Catherine was welcoming ("the whole family was welcome" or something that effect)... the answer in its entirely itself was very damning in context. Very clear she did not feel welcomed by Catherine.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
I think, again, the very simple things are wonderful and I support and agree with them by themselves, but in their larger context they are problematic.

She has just told Oprah that what she enjoys the most about her life now is the simple things, being able to get back to the simple things in life and enjoy them while tending to her chickens. And I think that is a wonderful as a message by itself.

But- the only reason she and her husband and son can enjoy a life mucking in their Wellies feeding the chickens without worrying about paying their mortgage and saving an infinite number of animals and living a general life of "simplicity" surrounded by luxury is because of the institutional privilege they supposedly want no part of. Everything they have, materially, is because of everything they say they scorn, and they give no indication whatsoever that they would be willing to give one iota of that up.
More and more I feel right in my initial impression of they want to have their cake and eat it too. For a very long time I felt like Harry was a lot like his great uncle David. That he had the ability to get into situations he didn't know how to get out of and now sadly I'm utterly convinced of it.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Sorry for the many posts... am treating this a bit like a "live feed" assuming there are many following here not able to watch.

Very excited for them to reveal the sex and think that is very special.

Closed Thread