The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
It's not an even comparison as Zarah was never a titled senior working member of the royal family.
The Earl and Countess of Wessex, full-time working royals, have royal, officially paid protection just while performing their official duties. Full-time, working royals, living in England. Son of the current monarch and his wife.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Thanks for the update. It sounds like Harry made a good start toward healing their relationship with this interview

Was there anything on Harry and Meghan's charitable goals or was this just whining about the royal family.
They didn't spend the whole interview whining about the royal family. That is a complete misperception. They spoke about how for example everyone in the family was initially very welcoming. They spoke about how the Queen has been very warm and kind- and it was done in a superficial way. Meghan gave an example to illustrate the Queen's kindness so I believe.

They did speak about Archewell Foundation and their hopes for it.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
IDK strip those titles somehow.
Hear ! Hear !
Old 03-07-2021, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Wow, just wow. They told the truth they experienced and that takes courage.

There are just so many takeaways. Some things don't surprise, but other things do. I also think that in order to protect Harry's family, they aren't telling us everything. That's sad about Charles, but he had his own demons to face, and there is a sense that Harry is right in characterizing the monarchical system as one of being entrapped. There's really no doubt that's the case, throughout the ages. It's a system that really needs to change.

Meghan and Harry did not want to leave. They had to leave to protect their marriage, their happiness and their children's futures. I think there have been stories trying to say they wanted too much, when actually it's just their charisma and connection with people that brought attention to them, and obviously it wasn't expected by the institution that so much attention would be given to M&H in the media. I definitely saw the knives come out in the media after the South Pacific tour, just as Harry mentioned that things really began to change during that time, which is the same time that their first pregnancy was announced.

Harry admits in answer to Oprah's query, that meeting Meghan in a sense saved him. And Meghan gives Harry credit for saving their union, their lives and their happiness together.
I don't fault them for leaving - they were obviously unhappy. I don't understand why they needed to publicize their "truth." They have these huge deals, they have a beautiful child and another on the way. They can do what they want but why trash their family. What positive outcome can come from this interview. They will generate negative headlines for the royal family for a while but what do they gain from that?
Old 03-07-2021, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

The Royal family has to respond. This is quite enough backlash, it's sad.
Heir Presumptive

I know this. What is the point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
The Earl and Countess of Wessex, full-time working royals, have royal, officially paid protection just while performing their official duties. Full-time, working royals, living in England. Son of the current monarch and his wife.
Aristocracy

Love how Harry assumes his brother and dad are trapped. Maybe they actually are happy? But nope goes right out to speak for them because of his narrative.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I wouldn’t either. Harry doesn’t seem to have grasped the seriousness of what he’s done.

All I see is a horrific betrayal of his family and the institution they’ve devoted their lives to.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The Royal family has to respond. This is quite enough backlash, it's sad.
But let's be honest, backlash from who? Americans? It will be interesting to see how it plays tomorrow in Britain.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
So basically Harry's broke.
Yep and I think it's a lie they won't be paid for this interview.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
A shame. Harry has confirmed what was obvious to many for quite some time- his relationship with his father and brother is strained to the point of being non-existent. It seemed to cause him physical pain to discuss these relationships and he ducked the question about his brother twice before answering it on the third attempt.

Another thing that I didn't see mentioned: he bizarrely implied that his mother left him money because she "foresaw" the situation that unfolded.
She left money to both of them. Harry is truly a piece of work.
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
But let's be honest, backlash from who? Americans? It will be interesting to see how it plays tomorrow in Britain.
I can't imagine the UK public cares. But William and Kate may not be visiting America ever again.
Heir Presumptive

I didn't take it as them trashing the family. They did not speak disparagingly of anyone- even when Oprah pressed for names- none were given.

I was a bit unsure, but now I am glad that they spoke their truth because clearly the palace was bent on having the press vilify Meghan by continuing to publish false stories about her.
Quote:
I don't fault them for leaving - they were obviously unhappy. I don't understand why they needed to publicize their "truth." They have these huge deals, they have a beautiful child and another on the way. They can do what they want but why trash their family. What positive outcome can come from this interview. They will generate negative headlines for the royal family for a while but what do they gain from that?
Old 03-07-2021, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I wouldn’t either. Harry doesn’t seem to have grasped the seriousness of what he’s done.

All I see is a horrific betrayal of his family and the institution they’ve devoted their lives to.
And I see jealousy
Old 03-07-2021, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Speak for yourself. I predict that the ratings will be huge.

The British press has been eating them alive anyway so nothing has changed. I think this interview will opened up alot of people's eyes on how the British press operates

The ratings will be huge. I have no doubt. I never said that they wouldn't be.

That shouldn't be confused with people actually caring.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
IDK strip those titles somehow.
I wouldn't care if they kept the titles if they just stopped with this kind of stuff. I mean it's a sad day when I feel like the Duke and Duchess of Windsor behaved better. I mean he might of complained a lot but he had the tact to do it in private. He didn't do it in any of his published interviews.

But I could see how stripping the titles just makes the BRF look more petty. So perhaps they just need to cut H&M off. I do wonder what Harry's going to do though since he's apparently gone through all of Diana's money and I don't foresee any money coming from his father or brother ever again. Harry might have to go get a job.
Nobility

Quote:
The American's will buy it because again their support stems from AA women who love that a "Black woman" married a Prince. Also American's are naïve on the Royal Family.

So what happens when this is over? Will they go into hiding forever?
I expect that, at least, Meghan is hoping for a rebuttal, so it can continue and get them another interview. Oprah already said that she will be back tomorrow with some thoughts of her own. I will watch and update.
Heir Presumptive

Aren't they all broke? They all live and survive off tax payers- if that goes away they would be all broke ala Harry.
Quote:
So basically Harry's broke.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:22 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan still receives royalties from film and television work, but that's probably only going to cover the bare necessities, not the security and the house and comfortable lifestyle Harry was accustomed to. And Meghan was not going to go back to acting which made her independently wealthy. That was a different life for Meghan, which she had given up. As Meghan said, their were a lot of losses. M&H's love has to be so strong to have gotten through all of this. Probably some forces were hoping their marriage wouldn't sustain in the face of all of this. As Harry told us, the money his mother left him is what largely helped to pay for security, and then the Netflix and Spotify deals helped them purchase the Montecito home most likely.

Quote:
Interesting. With respect to finances, didn't Charles pay his bills and Harry lost financing that is giving to working royals. Is Harry complaining because Charles stopped paying his bills after the deal with Netflix?
If you were listening carefully, you would know that the chronology is the security and financing were cut off when they were still in Canada. Harry and Meghan did not have a plan in place. They had to do something about getting out of Canada, with no security or job prospects there, and the borders in danger of closing soon due to COVID. If they didn't have very good friends with means, they would have encountered a lot more difficulty making it together outside of the firm.

The firm obviously thought M&H wouldn't be successful outside the firm, and expected them, or at least Harry to come back. Two royal reporters actually tweeted that they were told by their palace sources this expectation about the firm hoping and expecting Harry would come back, even if alone. That was tweeted, and the tweets are available.

There were even cartoons at the time of Sussexit parodying M&H as not going to make it financially away from the firm.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Nonetheless, some of Meghan's accusations were very serious, especially that she was literally under house arrest, suffering from suicidal thoughts and was denied any help because she was not a "paid member of the Family" ?

Furthermore, the parts about the race issue were really damaging.
I agree these are serious accusations - i just don't believe they are factual. For example, being under house arrest: Other members of the royal family move around freely. There are pictures of Catherine out shopping and with her kids. Was Harry subject to house arrest too?

Denying her mental health counselling also rings false. Other members of the family, including Harry were able to get it. Even if payment was an issue, she had her own money.

With respect to race, if the other claims aren't accurate, it makes many of her complaints on race suspect.

Closed Thread