The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
I have the sneaking suspicion Harry and Meghan have just made themselves into the new Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The cautionary tale that gets told to young royals for generations of how to behave and why we don't air our dirty laundry in public.

Yep.

I’m sitting here thinking that Meghan is starting to make Wallis look pretty good.

Aristocracy

They cut his finances. And? You are not working Royals.

Heir Apparent

I've changed my mind - this is such a lie of lies and half truths the Palace shouldn't comment. It stands for itself as appearing untrue so leave it be and move on. The media will soon pick up the lie about why Archie doesn't have a title.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
I get the impression that Oprah likes Meghan, but doesn't really like/see much in Harry...
Well, I've said all along that Meghan is the smarter of the pair, and it sounds like Oprah agrees...
Old 03-07-2021, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
They think this makes them look better and it does to Americans.

I am afraid the British press is going to eat them alive. I can't imagine what Harry was thinking by agreeing to this?
To be completely honest, if one looks on Twitter or Tumblr, there is a huge wave of support for them. The British side of things is... calmer.
Serene Highness

Wonder how many Pinocchio’s they’ll get
Aristocracy

Something must have happened with Charles. He said he will try to heal that relationship.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I am afraid the British press is going to eat them alive. I can't imagine what Harry was thinking by agreeing to this?

If this British press eats them alive, they earned it IMO.

Americans-at the end of the day- don’t seriously care about either one of them. It will probably play better here though- I agree. And Americans are their intended audience. THIS American sure won’t support any of their endeavors though.
Aristocracy

Yeah I think Charles said the comment because it seemed Harry looked pretty sad when he started talking about him.

But it is not the Queen. He seemingly has a great respect for her.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Something must have happened with Charles. He said he will try to heal that relationship.
Did Harry say whether he thought the interview would help?
Old 03-07-2021, 09:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Yep.

I’m sitting here thinking that Meghan is starting to make Wallis look pretty good.
Yeah, I agree.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I'm curious which Americans they think this will make them look better to... The vast majority of Americans don't give a rat's behind about royalty, not even the BRF. The ones that do... They're going to be giving this interview all the side-eye it deserves and picking it apart. Do they think this is going to appeal to the woke crowd? Again, most of those people don't care about royalty and this will only matter in a social-justice sort of way and even then... I just can't see this playing well, in the long term, for them, no matter how much $$ Hollywood is throwing at them right now.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Did Harry say whether he thought the interview would help?
Nope but his head went down. It seems like they are not on good terms.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I'm an American and it doesn't make them look any better to me. I'm appalled. I actually think they look like spoiled brats.
Majesty

So, if Harry is sorry for his father and his brother because they are trapped and can't leave, is he implying that the monarchy should be abolished? So that his family could finally be free? Is this a new version of "Let my People go" ?
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Wonder how many Pinocchio’s they’ll get
Hey, now, that would require our MSM and social media giants to be honest in their fact-checking. Some of the stuff Meghan's lobbed out there isn't going to be fact-checked.
Courtier

Harry's tone when he talks about the events that have happened, I am excited for those of you who have not yet seen it to experience it.

"They CUT ME OFF financially!"

"Took my security!"

If a flying purple people eater walked onto the set, he could not be more taken aback. This man has never been exposed to the idea that you lose the benefits when you quit the job.

Also, Harry has just been asked about the conversation re: Archie's skin tone and given it a VERY different context. First, it seems it like he was NOT at all on board with it being shared. Second, she framed this as a conversation that took place when she was expecting... as if she was pregnant and her pregnancy triggered a conversation about revoking titles and skin color. He just made it clear that this took place in the early stages of their dating relationship.*

*Not that such a deplorable comment is to be tolerated in any context, but it raises questions why a person would want to frame a conversation a certain way when it... did not happen that way.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

The American's will buy it because again their support stems from AA women who love that a "Black woman" married a Prince. Also American's are naïve on the Royal Family.

So what happens when this is over? Will they go into hiding forever?
Old 03-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
His poor, poor grandparents. And while his grandfather is ill too. They gave their whole lives to service and he just threw them under the bus. I wonder if he understands what he's doing and that he's completely cutting himself off from his family with this interview? He's not even going to get Uncle David level of access. I actually feel really bad for him.

I feel horrible for his grandparents. Especially since he just used them to generate good press for himself- the story about the zoom calls and the Christmas presents. And then to do this. What a betrayal. I seriously can’t imagine Philip’s response- especially with him being ill.

I can’t bring myself to feel sorry for him. How could he do this? I mean - what is wrong with him?!
Old 03-07-2021, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Some of my biggest takeaways..

1. Security is costing them an arm and a leg and they’re really bitter that they have to pay for it.

2. It seems ALL the money from the trust Diana left them is gone— it only tied them over until the Netflix and Spotify deals came through...

3. They’re really bitter that The Queen did not make Archie an HRH

Closed Thread