The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 09:37 PM

I wasn’t going to watch but now am after seeing the BBC report. I was wrong. There are a lot of “bombshells” in this interview. I’m think Oprah is doing well letting them answer and following up, Oprah is not well versed in royalty but that’s to be expected.

But, this interview is all about the past, and we have half hour left with commercials. I think this is a big mistake.

It’s all about their problems, some clearly serious, but the audience is facing COVID, Brexit, etc. and this May get them less sympathy than they hope.

Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Wait, am I dreaming or Harry thinks that his family turned on Meghan, because they thought she was going to be as loved and successful as Diana was?
I had to pick my jaw off the floor on that one. These two are something else.

Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I think Kate should have just issued a statement denying the rumor. Quashed it. Over and done with. I don't understand why this did not happen.

Because the royal family doesn’t work like that.
Aristocracy

Harry claims William and Charles are trapped. Said he felt trapped, what?
Serene Highness

Haven’t changed my opinion since ‘the husband shirt’...Harry is the steppingstone, hooray for Hollywood...

I hope they lose their titles. I’d say they are toast but I have too much respect for bread
Old 03-07-2021, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
No they should never complain, never explain.
If only Harry and Meghan stops throwing mud at the royal family

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie gets terrible coverage from the press and tabloid, yet the palace did nothing. The two York Princesses never trash talked the royal family, remain close to the Queen, whilst working as private citizens.

And at this point, the Palace does not need to respond, given that most British people are on The Queen's side, when it comes to the Oprah's interview. They are more concern about Prince Philip's health than what Harry & Meghan have said
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I get the impression that Oprah likes Meghan, but doesn't really like/see much in Harry...
Serene Highness

He said he was trapped but he didn't know he was trapped. I can only wonder how that statement must hurt his grandmother who dedicated her life to the monarchy.
Nobility

I have the sneaking suspicion Harry and Meghan have just made themselves into the new Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The cautionary tale that gets told to young royals for generations of how to behave and why we don't air our dirty laundry in public.
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I just think: if Diana were alive, which side would she be in this story? it's interesting, but we'll never know.

Harry is saying all of his family is trapped in that life and he feels compassion for William. Is he implying the entire family is unhappy?
Old 03-07-2021, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Harry admitting he would NOT step back if not for Meghan.

THERE IT IS!

I’m not surprised.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

The interview was better before Harry came out but at least they will ask him about the Archie's skin tone comment. Can't wait!
Old 03-07-2021, 09:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quick Note: Harry says Princess Diana would be angry about how this has panned out. But all she ever wanted was for her sons to be happy.
Courtier

Harry heavily implying every way but saying it that the rest of the family equates to Charles and he and Meghan are his mother (surprise)... meaning the rest of the family were jealous of the huge popularity Meghan found and the ease with which she connected to people.

Harry announcing the rest of his family, particularly his father and brother, are "trapped."

Odd way to show his respect for the Queen.

Meghan not able to say a neutral thing and a fair criticism- there was no training for me on "how to be a Royal"- without taking an obvious swing at Catherine- a nice sarcastic "that might exist for other members of the family."
Courtier

Harry was not a king who abdicated he never had a chance to be King. Plus the Duke and Duchess of Windsor had no children. Harry and Meghan have a son and a daughter on the way. Totally different lifestyle.

Regarding "training," Diana who grew up in proximity of the royals and went to birthday parties for Edward and Andrew when all were children, also said she never had preparation on what to do when she married in! Even though she moved into BP in the run up to the wedding.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:42 PM
Nobility

“Meghan reveals she and Prince Harry were married in a simple ceremony three days before their lavish wedding, which was "for the world"
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
I wonder if she ever read the real fairy tale because that does NOT have a happy ending. The little mermaid actually doesn't get the prince and turns to seafoam.
Hah. No, this is Hollywood Meghan. She saw the Disney version and that was all the research she needed to do.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Harry claims William and Charles are trapped. Said he felt trapped, what?

That is not going to go down well.

And Harry said he respects his grandmother?! Really. I can’t tell from this interview.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
He said he was trapped but he didn't know he was trapped. I can only wonder how that statement must hurt his grandmother who dedicated her life to the monarchy.
His poor, poor grandparents. And while his grandfather is ill too. They gave their whole lives to service and he just threw them under the bus. I wonder if he understands what he's doing and that he's completely cutting himself off from his family with this interview? He's not even going to get Uncle David level of access. I actually feel really bad for him.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:43 PM
Administrator

They think this makes them look better and it does to Americans.

I am afraid the British press is going to eat them alive. I can't imagine what Harry was thinking by agreeing to this?

Closed Thread