The Duke and Duchess of Sussex with Oprah I - Pre-interview, Feb-March 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If palace courtiers retaliate with further, more damaging leaks against M&H guess who will be blamed by Sussex sympathizers and the public in general?

The Royal Family, in the person of HMQ. :sad:

I simply do not understand what inspired Harry and Meghan to do this Oprah interview. I cannot think of one single time in Royal history where a Royal tell all interview turned out well.

Never.

I won't be watching either, by the way.

Last edited:
"A spoilt, immature man, endlessly complaining unnecessarily, married to a spoiled, immature woman, endlessly complaining unnecessarily"?

If that was meant to apply to the Sussexes (too), it wasn't as blatant as the other reference in The Crown last season. Or perhaps Harry isn't aware history has more than one way or potentiality of repeating itself.

? somebody on twitter actually retweeted it (in video from) in reference to the couple when the latest video came out and I legit hollered at how accurate it was.
I don't think the show writers were aiming at H&M, but.. as you said: history has a way of repeating itself in the most interesting ways.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen one negative remark about Doria Ragland. She hasn't really been in the public eye, apart from at the wedding, when people admired her dignity and elegance on what must have been quite a difficult day for her, sitting all on her own at Westminster Abbey, and on that lovely photo when the Queen and Prince Philip met Archie for the first time, and reaction to her on both occasions was overwhelmingly positive. I remember one tabloid running a "We all A-dore Doria" headline.

This isn't from lack of trying - it is simply that they cant find information, or rather indisputable evidence to publish. A number of news agencies have commented on it. Meghan's pre Suits information was cleaned. And especially Doria's history - so we know that she was looked after by her father for a large portion of her childhood as Doria was unavailable. As the information is simply not available, many have speculated what it could be - as in this day and age journalists can normally find the information.

I think it depends on circumstances. Plenty people have very valid reasons to not invite people into their lives. Not all family relationships are healthy.

Harry and his family are at odds right now but I don’t think it’s at a point of no return.

We shall see.
I sometimes wonder if we're seeing two different things here. Harry and Meghan are attacking the BRF. Their own (yes, hers too!) family. Lord knows what she'll say in that interview, trying to victimze herself to gain sympathy from the (American) public and how much of it will be true.

But yes, of course, they're doing nothing wrong, they're only attacking "The Firm", not the Royal Family, like they are not the exact same thing...

I will be watching the interview when it airs here in the UK, my curiosity would be too strong not to. It’ll be with an open mind though as we will only ever hear the Sussex side of the story really, we won’t be seeing the Queen/Charles/William sitting down with Piers Morgan to tell the nation how things played out from their point of view. Sometimes this is when I feel most sorry for them, they can’t even really speak out for themselves. They just try and maintain a dignified silence and carry on.

If palace courtiers retaliate with further, more damaging leaks against M&H guess who will be blamed by Sussex sympathizers and the ?

The Royal Family, in the person of HMQ. :sad:

I simply do not understand what inspired Harry and Meghan to do this Oprah interview. I cannot think of one single time in Royal history where a Royal tell all interview turned out well.

Never.

I won't be watching either, by the way.

Then maybe HM should make it abundantly clear that retaliation stories aren't tolerated? Surely, if the BRF is as above the interview as courtiers try to let off, they don't need to retaliate with 2+ year old defamatory stories about Meghan.

Whatever anyone thinks of H&M's interview, are the BRF (through courtiers) really any better for trying to get back at them? That's what's so mind-boggling to me. If the interview is as doomed as some people seem to think, why not just let them dig their own graves instead of stooping to "their level"?

I sometimes wonder if we're seeing two different things here. Harry and Meghan are attacking the BRF. Their own (yes, hers too!) family. Lord knows what she'll say in that interview, trying to victimze herself to gain sympathy from the (American) public and how much of it will be true.

But yes, of course, they're doing nothing wrong, they're only attacking "The Firm", not the Royal Family, like they are not the exact same thing...

Hello, new member here.

What I feel is that she isn't going to say anything that wasn't already said in "Finding Freedom." I mean, what else is left? :lol:

I'm also really flabbergasted at all the "lack of a voice" claims. She's had her say with the book. It came and went without making any difference, this interview will also go the same way.

Last edited:
Hello, new member here.

What I feel is that she isn't going to say anything that wasn't already said in "Finding Freedom." I mean, what else is left? :lol:

I agree. I suppose, however, that there are more people in the US (and, indeed, in the world) who watch Oprah than people who may have read or even heard of Finding Freedom. So, Meghan is simply trying to reach a bigger audience.

If palace courtiers retaliate with further, more damaging leaks against M&H guess who will be blamed by Sussex sympathizers and the ?

The Royal Family, in the person of HMQ. :sad:y.

As much as I normally like your posts, with all due respect, in this matter specifically, it is not evident to me that any of the leaks have been retaliation from Palace courtiers, not least when the leaks may potentially cause more damage to top courtiers than to the Sussexes themselves. And I see even less evidence that those leaks are coming from senior members of the Royal Family.

Last edited:
I agree. I suppose, however, that there are more people in the US (and, indeed, in the world) who watch Oprah than people who may have read or even heard of Finding Freedom. So, Meghan is simply trying to reach a bigger audience.

Probably. But it's really not going to make any difference to the US audience coz they don't really care about royalty. Perhaps they'd watch it out of curiosity, and forget about it in a day.

So, I think it's better for the Palace to just ignore this. The ones who are on H & M's side will support them, and the ones who aren't on their side are not going to be won over anyway. This is really why I don't understand the purpose behind this interview.

Probably. But it's really not going to make any difference to the US audience coz they don't really care about royalty. Perhaps they'd watch it out of curiosity, and forget about it in a day.

So, I think it's better for the Palace to just ignore this. The ones who are on H & M's side will support them, and the ones who aren't on their side are not going to be won over anyway. This is really why I don't understand the purpose behind this interview.

to make money. TO keep their images before teh American public so that they will get people to watch their netfix shows or contribute to their charities....

Yeah, Carole Middleton was hated as was Pippa.
Does anyone think that maybe they re-edited the interview? Because there appeared to be claims H&M will only say nice things about the Cambridges etc which collides with earlier leaks?

Does anyone think that maybe they re-edited the interview? Because there appeared to be claims H&M will only say nice things about the Cambridges etc which collides with earlier leaks?

There are no leaks. It is just people loosing their #$%. And a product of contagion.

Hello, new member here.

I'm also really flabbergasted at all the "lack of a voice" claims. She's had her say with the book. It came and went without making any difference, this interview will also go the same way.
Oh, there's plenty else left, though some of it might not be that positive about the Sussexes, it seems ?

Please remember that - at least officially - the book was not them. I think they even denied cooperation, for a while, at least until it was confirmed they provided some info and let others share some informations as well. But there still might be plenty of other things left. About how she felt silenced, couldn't do an interview with Oprah in early 2018, before the wedding (sic!), how the royal family was leaking false informations about her to the press...

At the end of this, no one will look good. Not the BRF, not the Sussexes. But I guess money is more important to them than family.

I don't think I've ever seen one negative remark about Doria Ragland. She hasn't really been in the public eye, apart from at the wedding, when people admired her dignity and elegance on what must have been quite a difficult day for her, sitting all on her own at Westminster Abbey, and on that lovely photo when the Queen and Prince Philip met Archie for the first time, and reaction to her on both occasions was overwhelmingly positive. I remember one tabloid running a "We all A-dore Doria" headline.

Carole Middleton, on the other hand, was accused of being a social climber who was pushing her daughter at a prince, which was ridiculous. And a load of rubbish was printed claiming that William's friends used to say "doors to manual" (because she'd been an air hostess) when she came into a room, and laugh at her for referring to "the toilet" rather than "the loo". I doubt that William's friends were rude about Carole, because he'd have been furious if they had, and how would they even know whether she said "toilet" or "loo". But that's the sort of thing she had to put up with. Pippa came in for some nasty remarks as well, about her not having a proper job, and alleging that all she was interested in at university was getting in with an upper-class crowd and finding a rich husband. No-one's denying that the press can be horrible, but it's certainly nothing personal against Meghan.

As a generalized comment which is not directed towards you, a distinction needs to be made between the press and stories/rumors which receive coverage in the press. You mention that the remarks about air hostesses and so forth were allegedly made by supposed "friends", who presumably did not work for the paper(s) which printed the stories about the "friends". Similarly, the recent fanciful and incorrect theories for why the Sussexes amended their son's birth certificate were the work of royal commentators who were quoted in a news story, not of the journalist who authored the story.

As much as I normally like your posts, with all due respect, in this matter specifically, it is not evident to me that any of the leaks have been retaliation from Palace courtiers, not least when the leaks may potentially cause more damage to top courtiers than to the Sussexes themselves. And I see even less evidence that those leaks are coming from senior members of the Royal Family.

I guess I don't understand then.

Where did the fascinating-if sad- tidbit that Harry was nicknamed "The Hostage" by staff in the runup to the wedding come from if it was not a direct leak from a courtier or staff member?

And the latest information about the unhappy snit over the shade of red Meghan ordered for blankets at Sandringham?

How exactly did this information make its' way into print if it didn't come via courtier/staff leaks ...pre emptive strikes that only came to light since the Oprah interview?

I have not suggested that members of the BRF have been slipping info to the media. Charles, William, Camilla, Kate, even Andrew. I can't picture it at all.

Last edited:
Oh, there's plenty else left, though some of it might not be that positive about the Sussexes, it seems ?

Please remember that - at least officially - the book was not them. I think they even denied cooperation, for a while, at least until it was confirmed they provided some info and let others share some informations as well. But there still might be plenty of other things left. About how she felt silenced, couldn't do an interview with Oprah in early 2018, before the wedding (sic!), how the royal family was leaking false informations about her to the press...

At the end of this, no one will look good. Not the BRF, not the Sussexes. But I guess money is more important to them than family.

@Bold: That doesn't surprise me all the way over in India, IDK how it was so surprising to her. ?

Where did the fascinating-if sad- tidbit that Harry was nicknamed "The Hostage" by staff in the runup to the wedding come from if it was not a direct leak from a courtier or staff member?

How about the infamous WHAT MEGHAN WANTS! tantrum?

And the latest information about the unhappy snit over the shade of red Meghan ordered for blankets at Sandringham?

How exactly did this information make its' way into print if it didn't come via courtier/staff leaks?

I have not suggest that members of the BRF have been slipping info to the media. Charles, William, Camilla, Kate, even Andrew. I can't picture it at all.

What I understood was that certain former members of their staff went to the press after having come to know about the Oprah interview in which H & M are going to claim that they were mistreated by everybody at the Palace. They gave their side of the story. I don't think it can be called a "leak" if these people have owned up to speaking with the press.

As far as I know, the "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets" are not exactly Harry's words. They were written by someone else, I don't remember who.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carole and Pippa Middleton have not been the only RF inlaws subjected to bile by the British media. Some of the things written about Sarah Ferguson and her late father Ronald still have the power to shock/revulse me....even from a distance of over 30 years.:ohmy:

Being mocked as a social climbing arriviste is mild in comparison to being called a bad mother, an adulterous strumpet, and fat and ugly.

With not a word of protest from Buck House.

Last edited:
There appears to be a rift with William/Harry and Meghan feeling Kate didn't want to have a friendship with her. Will be interesting to see what they say.

What I understood was that certain former members of their staff went to the press after having come to know about the Oprah interview in which H & M are going to claim that they were mistreated by everybody at the Palace. They gave their side of the story. I don't think it can be called a "leak" if these people have owned up to speaking with the press.

As far as I know, the "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets" are not exactly Harry's words. They were written by someone else, I don't remember who.

But that is/was the point I was trying to make. These new revelations about M/H are finding their way into print via former staff now...as opposed to when the incidents first happened for reasons that I am convinced are at least partly motivated by revenge. They are circling the wagons in anticipation of what is going to come out during the Oprah interview.

ETA: I am confused by your assertion that "What Meghan wants.. " were not Harry's words.

My understanding is that those were indeed his words, overheard by someone and subsequently leaked to the press.

Harry has never denied saying it and Angela Kelly, to whom they reportedly directed, hasn't disputed the incident either.

Last edited:
Carole and Pippa Middleton have not been the only RF inlaws subjected to bile by the British media. Some of the things written about Sarah Ferguson and her late father Ronald still have the power to shock/revulse me....even from a distance of over 30 years.:ohmy:

Being mocked as a social climbing arriviste is mild in comparison to being called a bad mother, an adulterous strumpet, and fat and ugly.

With not a word of protest from Buck House.

Both Pippa and Carole were phone hacked by the media numerous times. Pippa's car was broken into so they could steal her cellphone (presumably for the contact list). Pippa's iCloud was hacked, where they accessed her husbands nude pics. Pippa was spat on, which is considered assault. Newspaper editors admitted Pippa was being papped dozens of times per day. Pippa was called ugly face by Karl Lagerfeld. When one of Pippa's longterm relationships would end, the media would say "she wasn't marriage material".

You and I have very different views of the word "mild".

But that is/was the point I was trying to make. These new revelations about M/H are finding their way into print via former staff now...as opposed to when the incidents first happened for reasons that I am convinced are at least partly motivated by revenge. They are circling the wagons in anticipation of what is going to come out during the Oprah interview.

By revenge, or to give their side of the story/set the story straight? They probably wouldn't have brought it up if H & M kept quiet. Imagine being bullied by the boss, and then the boss telling the world that they were the ones who were bullied.

But I agree in that they are hurrying to get their story out. Perhaps they should wait and see as to exactly what will be said.

Last edited:

How exactly did this information make its' way into print if it didn't come via courtier/staff leaks ...pre emptive strikes that only came to light since the Oprah interview?

I have not suggested that members of the BRF have been slipping info to the media. Charles, William, Camilla, Kate, even Andrew. I can't picture it at all.
I'd recommend trying to see the situation with a little bit more compassion. Your previous job was hard as all hell. You have been mistreated. Your employer "went mental" on you for blankets in a wrong shade of red. Threw hot drinks. Drama, temper tantrums, unimaginable levels of stress. No one helped you - they covered up the whole thing. You left that job traumatized, stressed, needing professional help.

Two years later, when your employer basically burnt all of the briges, is no longer protected by the institution that you might still respect, is preparing a tell-all interview with Oprah, portraying themselves as victims of the institution, the palace staff, informing all of the world they were being mistreated by the very people they were mistreating. I understand that logic, tbh, and I don't consider informations provided by former employees as "leaks from the palace/staff".

I didn't say the leaks (or actually whistleblows) were not coming from staff. I said it is not evident to me that they are motivated by retaliation against the Sussexes, or were triggered by the upcoming Oprah interview. In the case of the bullying claims specifically, the leaks are aimed at the Palace's cover-up/ inaction in face of the allegations, rather than being directed against Meghan.

ETA: I am confused by your assertion that "What Meghan wants.. " were not Harry's words.

My understanding is that those were indeed his words, overheard by someone and subsequently leaked to the press.

Harry has never denied saying it and Angela Kelly, to whom they reportedly directed, hasn't disputed the incident either.

I see. I read it somewhere else that those words were not actually Harry's. They were attributed to him, but it was someone else saying it. I could be wrong, sorry.

Again, if the stories from “Sussex sources” are not true and not from the Sussexs as H&M and those around them claim why can’t the same be true of “palace sources”. A lot of people are former employees of the Palace, some with possible experience first hand or otherwise of working with Meghan and Harry, if those people want to speak out without permission of the Palace then there is not much that can be done. If the Palace did stop them it would also simply give credibility to what Meghan is saying about being silenced (if they can’t meep employees from talking how can they silence a member of the RF?)

In all honesty the Palace seems to be getting it from all sides- from the Sussex's (either directly or from “supporters”) and from these “sources” speaking out for their experiences working for the couple. I’m sure the Palace would much rather no one was saying anything about the Household, I genuinely think the senior aides to HM want to deal with it like HN would, by saying nothing. That said they don’t really have a choice over the bullying claims- they have to investigate them even if only from the point of view as a concern was raised was it dealt with properly rather than finding out if it was true.

It seems like in the 90s, we had the War of the Wales. Now we have the sequel: War of the Wails. We know who is raking in the green dollars from all of this too. Same as in the 90s. :D

All I know is that for all its' vaunted global prestige , the British Royal Family appears less and less "Royal" and more reality TV by the year. Never more so than today. Even the scandal riddled Bourbons of Spain and the antics of the House of Grimaldi seem more dignified by comparison.

I became interested in monarchy due to my love for history, geneology and respect for tradition. Not to see my neighbors and co workers dressed up in tiaras and living in palaces...and going on primetime TV to tell Oprah "their truth". Which is exactly what the House of Windsor has been reduced to and which is precisely why I rarely follow BRF news or contribute to threads anymore.

It began WAY before Harry met Meghan fwiw, and sometimes I feel that with the passing of HM's generation all pretense will end.

St. George's Hall Windsor will be rented out for wedding receptions and auditions for Britains Got Talent or whatever.

My apologies in advance to whomever is offended.:sad:

Someone upthread said that the staff was making the bullying claims now because the staff anticipated Meghan saying bad things about the staff. I think that's true.

I'd recommend trying to see the situation with a little bit more compassion. Your previous job was hard as all hell. You have been mistreated. Your employer "went mental" on you for blankets in a wrong shade of red. Threw hot drinks. Drama, temper tantrums, unimaginable levels of stress. No one helped you - they covered up the whole thing. You left that job traumatized, stressed, needing professional help.

Two years later, when your employer basically burnt all of the briges, is no longer protected by the institution that you might still respect, is preparing a tell-all interview with Oprah, portraying themselves as victims of the institution, the palace staff, informing all of the world they were being mistreated by the very people they were mistreating. I understand that logic, tbh, and I don't consider informations provided by former employees as "leaks from the palace/staff".

I haven't said i don't understand why the information is not coming out now. These staff are fighting fire with fire is exactly my point.

I am far from Team Sussex. My belief is that there is Sussex Truth, Palace Truth...and REAL TRUTH somewhere in the middle.

I will ignore your comment about me needing to "develop compassion" other than to ask you not to make such insulting and presumptuous comments going forward.:ermm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom