The Duke and Duchess of Sussex with Oprah I - Pre-interview, Feb-March 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved her at first. It was nice to see some diversity into the Royal Family, but she used the press as a way to jump. She claimed to not know anything about the Royal family but then there were blogs and a photo that proved otherwise.

There is just no way, no one has not heard of the British Royals. William must have saw or felt something to warn his brother and it looks like William was right. Harry has no choice now but to suck it up.

She never said she had never heard of the BRF. Go watch that segment from the engagement interview for accurate info.

LaRae

Harry is using his mother's death to claim why he left or to protect his family, but he is going to the PRESS for more attention. It will lead to more headlines and more mess on both sides. How does this make sense?

Meghan never wanted to stay. She wanted the money, fame and title.

I agree and I think she kept provoking the Palace, the public and the press with her outlandish spending and inappropriate behaviour, specifically to be constantly criticized and then plead bullying and racism in order to convince Harry to leave

I agree and I think she kept provoking the Palace, the public and the press with her outlandish spending and inappropriate behaviour, specifically to be constantly criticized and then plead bullying and racism in order to convince Harry to leave

What inappropriate behavior? What lavish spending?

LaRae

Nicholas Witchell, the BBC royal correspondent have commented on the "falsehood that Meghan alleges The Firm have been perpetuating" and how the Oprah interview have been "Not great for someone with a heart condition, is it?". This was done in a BBC studio with fellow BBC presenter, Jane Hill. Yes, Nicholas Witchell is the one that The Prince of Wales said of him "I can't bear that man. I mean, he's so awful, he really is".

Video of the short comment:
Express article showing some of the dialogue:
BBC presenter Jane Hill said: "We are a matter of days away from the full broadcast of the interview in the US."

Mr Witchell continued: "Not great for someone with a heart condition, is it?"

"I think it's fair to say that the palace must be feeling baffled and frankly bemused by all of this.

"What are the falsehoods that Meghan alleges The Firm have been perpetuating?

"Hopefully Oprah Winfrey has pushed back and challenged her in the interview to say, 'what are you talking about, what is the chapter and verse of these falsehoods that you say are being put about?'

"And only then if she does spell it all out will we really be in the position to judge the credibility and the substance of what it is she is alleging."

Nicholas Witchell blasted for Meghan jibe on Philip 'not good for man with heart problems'
BBC's Nicholas Witchell has faced a backlash from Meghan Markle fans after their royal correspondent appeared to take a dig at the Duchess of Sussex.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ince-philip-health-oprah-winfrey-interview-vn

Camilla Tominey (Royal and Political Editor at The Telegraph) explained that Harry & Meghan's interview with Oprah could open up a Pandora box.
The Telegraph @Telegraph
[Crown] @CamillaTominey says the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's interview with Oprah could open up a 'Pandora's box which is going to be really difficult to close'
Watch the full analysis here: https://telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2021/03/04/ongoing-saga-next-harry-meghan-oprah-interview/
6:04 AM · Mar 5, 2021·Twitter Media Studio​

'An ongoing saga': What next for Harry and Meghan after the Oprah interview?
'Some viewers could be wondering when they might find their freedom from the Sussexes'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2021/03/04/ongoing-saga-next-harry-meghan-oprah-interview/

Last edited:
I'm beginning to look forward to this interview!

I'm astonished to hear her saying that the "firm" has fabricated falsehoods about her and Harry!
It's quite a statement!

No matter how you look at it, it can only be interpreted as a direct accusation of the three key BRF members themselves. I.e. QEII, Charles and William.
Because it implies that either all three of them have no control over what the courtiers do, say and not least leak. That would be surprising...
Or that one or all three of them turn a blind eye to what the courtiers, say, do and leak.
Or that one or all three of them take a more or less active part in these "fabrications."
Or that the three of them cannot control what other members of the BRF "fabricate."

All four scenarios are equally remarkable!

No matter how I look at it, I simply cannot see how H&M can get out of saying this with a better reputation.
The American audience may, to some extent, buy that Charles and William for whatever reason have launched a kind of vendetta against H&M. But that QEII should do such a thing?!? A globally respected lady. I think that will backfire.
As for the reaction in Britain, I'll imagine there will be a collective fury directed against H&M.

So, I really look forward to learning how H&M will back up that statement.

I don't think either of them has learned that this is one institution you don't fight. Definitely not in public.

Uh... "The Crown must always win", anyone?

M&H already didn't get what they originally wanted fourteen months ago and I'm not sure what they're hoping to get now. But, I, too, don't believe this will end well. Not for them, and possibly not for the Firm.

I'm astonished to hear her saying that the "firm" has fabricated falsehoods about her and Harry!
It's quite a statement!

No matter how you look at it, it can only be interpreted as a direct accusation of the three key BRF members themselves. I.e. QEII, Charles and William.
Because it implies that either all three of them have no control over what the courtiers do, say and not least leak. That would be surprising...
Or that one or all three of them turn a blind eye to what the courtiers, say, do and leak.
Or that one or all three of them take a more or less active part in these "fabrications."
Or that the three of them cannot control what other members of the BRF "fabricate."

No matter how I look at it, I simply cannot see how H&M can get out of saying this with a better reputation.
The American audience may, to some extent, buy that Charles and William for whatever reason have launched a kind of vendetta against H&M. But that QEII should do such a thing?!? A globally respected lady. I think that will backfire.
As for the reaction in Britain, I'll imagine there will be a collective fury directed against H&M.

My feeling is this is going to be directed toward the staff/courtiers. I do not think she or Harry will direct any attacks against the family. But we will see come Sunday.

As far as the collective fury.....they have been dealing with media for about 4 years now, they moved to another country..I don't think, when you take a step like this, you are overly concerned with fallout. Whats the old saying? Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb?

LaRae

I don't think either of them has learned that this is one institution you don't fight. Definitely not in public.

M&H already didn't get what they originally wanted fourteen months ago and I'm not sure what they're hoping to get now. But, I, too, don't believe this will end well. Not for them, and possibly not for the Firm.

This is probably the attraction to the feneral audience:
the underdog fighting the big bad institution

It's a Hollywood screenplay really

I don't think anyone was very bothered how much Meghan's dress cost: no-one expects a future royal duchess to buy her clothes from Primark or TK Maxx like the rest of us might do. It was the way she and Harry insisted that they were being persecuted that annoyed people.

Yes, the press said some nasty things, but so they did about "Waity Katie", "the Duchess of Pork", "Air Miles Andy", "Sophie and the Fake Sheikh", not to mention Princess Anne being accused of being rude, Beatrice and Eugenie being accused of being layabouts who spent all their time on holiday, Prince Edward being laughed at for leaving the Marines, etc etc. Politicians and celebrities get it too, and it happens in the media in other countries as well. What about Kate being photographed sunbathing topless by some horrible paparazzo who used a long lens camera whilst she was at a private residence, and those pictures appearing in magazines in various European countries? None of it was nice, but no-one else tried to make out that they personally were being victimised and that everyone had it in for them personally.

And it becomes a vicious circle ... the more you complain, the more you annoy people, the more negative things get written about you, the more you complain ... on and on.

It's quite a statement!

Yes we shall see on Sunday - they seem to be implying that the stories are coming from Kensington Palace as part of a structured policy. People will be prone to believe it as it’s is the Wales did throughout the divorce, and later what Charles did to his brothers. Essentially it is a known royal media policy. However a lot of these stories were then confirmed in Finding Freedom. I struggle to find anything since Finding freedom that has come out. Maybe the Marines, where they were staying in La, but anything really damaging that could stick nope nothing.

I think the Firm will be alright. Unless Harry and Meghan claim physical or mental abuse from the RF, or if the couple has some really dirty laundry against the Palace that they can prove and are willing to tell all, an interview that everyone will forget on the next news cycle will not harm the Palace. We'll see.

This is probably the attraction to the feneral audience:
the underdog fighting the big bad institution

It's a Hollywood screenplay really

Yes, and a highly predictable one too.

But the American public is very gullible and they will probably buy it, especially if it is on Oprah.

In the UK, however, it will probably sink their poll numbers even lower.

Canadians probably don't care (very low interest in the Royals up North, I think). Australians seem to pay more attention to the RF (which is ironic in a country that is far more republican than Canada), but I don't know how they are likely to react.

It is interesting to note that Meghan is making these accusations not Harry. Harry is saying I will never walk away from my family. Meghan is saying the firm did this and this to me , not us. I have been told to watch who said what and how. Look out for the we and I pronoun, a lot of the retakes were done to correct them. A number of people wrote the script and apparently it is very telling. Harry apparently is bound to not say certain thing, either through honor or a nda,

But the American public is very gullible and they will probably buy it, especially if it is on Oprah.

Canadians probably don't care (very low interest in the Royals up North, I think). Australians seem to pay more attention to the RF (which is ironic in a country that is far more republican than Canada), but I don't know how they are likely to react.

American will watch for entertainment purposes, not to form an opinion about the BRF. Apart from royal followers here in the States, nobody cares much. Very few people read Daily Mail or watch Good Morning Britain. It's mostly being covered by the ET channel, which is an Entartment Channel. I think the real interest in the Royal Family died with Diana.

I hope after this interview they can close this door, they will have a chance to speak about the situation, get it off their chest and move fully into the next phase of their life. Occasional returns to the UK if desired. I want to see them leave all this drama behind.

I don't think interest in the RF died here with Diana . People are still interested, look at the numbers who have turned out for various Royal weddings, not just H&M's .

People I know will watch just to hear what is said , but mainly, and sadly , if M describes Britain as a racist country. :sad::sad::sad:

I don't think interest in the RF died here with Diana . People are still interested, look at the numbers who have turned out for various Royal weddings, not just H&M's .

People I know will watch just to hear what is said , but mainly, and sadly , if M describes Britain as a racist country. :sad::sad::sad:

I was speaking about the US, not the UK, and yes, people in the US watch royal weddings, but as I have said, mainly for entrapment purposes, and not too many place an alarm clock to watch in real-time, most watch on Youtube. I think the interview will get the numbers, but mainly due to the quarantine and in most states, museums, galleries and restaurants are still closed

I hope after this interview they can close this door, they will have a chance to speak about the situation, get it off their chest and move fully into the next phase of their life. Occasional returns to the UK if desired. I want to see them leave all this drama behind.

I have no idea why they feel the need to broadcast their feelings to millions to get something off their chests. They can do it privately, behind closed doors.

Best I can tell they’ve spent the last 1.5 year venting their grievances one way or another anyway. I’m pretty clear that they were unhappy.

I think...Well I don't know. I mean the whole thing is awful. I hope it goes away after this. They are silly to do it and the fall out from these interviews...Di, Ferbie tends to be positive in the short and negative in long run. I don't even know I the short term if this will go down well in UK. But its American audience the are after.

Also what has Meghan lost? No really. I want to know. That they will loose things...hangers on, access to things over time is simply because they are not royal a more. I mean she literally lost nothing. People thought she did a good job, a very good job when she worked. The press were horrible and she couldn't have what she wanted. I fail to see what she lost.

Last edited:
Valentine Low has written another article (I wonder how many he has done now :cool: :blink: ?), this time on the Palace fearing that Meghan will make more claims against the Firm in the upcoming Oprah's interview. This is based on some insider sources.

The duchess, 39, has long believed that people in the Palace, including members of the royal family, have been briefing the press on negative stories about her, a source said.

The couple believed at various times — incorrectly — that the Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Prince of Wales’s household were briefing against them, the source added.

(...)

Her accusation about “the Firm” — a phrase which one former aide said they had never heard her use — echoes a statement in a letter to The Times from her lawyers. They said that this newspaper was “being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative” ahead of the interview. The claim has been strongly denied by a Buckingham Palace source who said they were “deeply upset” by it.

The source said: “It is absolutely untrue that the Palace has been peddling disinformation or conducting any kind of campaign ahead of the interview. The Palace has not got involved. It has clearly not been coming from us.”

The source added: “They assumed that the men in grey suits were obsessed with destroying them.”

Palace ‘fears Meghan will make more claims against the Firm’
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...chess of Sussex has,to launch a strong attack.

Here is the archived link of The Times article in full: https://archive.vn/IVxmq#selection-1499.0-1514.0

Anna Soubry, former Change UK MP of Broxtowe, who has been a defender of Harry & Meghan also criticised Meghan's claim that The Firm is spreading falsehood. She now agrees with Piers Morgan and retweeted his tweet.
Anna Soubry @Anna_Soubry
The public brawling between the Palace & the Sussexes is unseemly & demeans the Royal Family.
Always been a strong defender of Meghan & Harry but as more clips are released I greatly fear @piersmorgan may be right ...
6:57 PM · Mar 4, 2021·Twitter for iPad​

To which Charlie Proctor (Royal Editor for Royal Central) responded
Charlie Proctor @MonarchyUK
Replying to @Anna_Soubry and @piersmorgan
You sum up my thoughts perfectly as usual Anna.
6:58 PM · Mar 4, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

Last edited:
Valentine Low has written another article (I wonder how many he has done now :cool: :blink: ?), this time on the Palace fearing that Meghan will make more claims against the Firm in the upcoming Oprah's interview. This is based on some insider sources.

Palace ‘fears Meghan will make more claims against the Firm’
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...chess of Sussex has,to launch a strong attack.

Here is the archived link of The Times article in full: https://archive.vn/IVxmq#selection-1499.0-1514.0

Anna Soubry, former Change UK MP of Broxtowe, who has been a defender of Harry & Meghan also criticised Meghan's claim that The Firm is spreading falsehood. She now agrees with Piers Morgan and retweeted his tweet.
Anna Soubry @Anna_Soubry
The public brawling between the Palace & the Sussexes is unseemly & demeans the Royal Family.
Always been a strong defender of Meghan & Harry but as more clips are released I greatly fear @piersmorgan may be right ...
6:57 PM · Mar 4, 2021·Twitter for iPad​

To which Charlie Proctor (Royal Editor for Royal Central) responded
Charlie Proctor @MonarchyUK
Replying to @Anna_Soubry and @piersmorgan
You sum up my thoughts perfectly as usual Anna.
6:58 PM · Mar 4, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

Unless these claims are substantiated by solid proof, the RF has nothing to worry about, I seriously doubt that Meghan was abused. If she makes a false claim, I hope HM will drop the "don't complain, don't explain" and takes a stand, at this point I feel that the RF is being abused by the couple.

Unless these claims are substantiated by solid proof, the RF has nothing to worry about, I seriously doubt that Meghan was abused. If she makes a false claim, I hope HM will drop the "don't complain, don't explain" and takes a stand, at this point I feel that the RF is being abused by the couple.

I really doubt it’ll be much more than “Meghan said....” This is Oprah. Not 60 Minutes.

I was speaking about the US, not the UK, and yes, people in the US watch royal weddings, but as I have said, mainly for entrapment purposes, and not too many place an alarm clock to watch in real-time, most watch on Youtube. I think the interview will get the numbers, but mainly due to the quarantine and in most states, museums, galleries and restaurants are still closed

I think people are curious and will watch, but that’s a long way from actually caring. Sort of like watching their wedding. It didn’t mean Americans cared.

This is IMO the biggest audience they will ever have. So- whatever they do say is what will be remembered by the most people. And that’s not even touching the impact with Harry’s family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive to conclude this before the interview has even aired.

We've seen enough of the bits of the interview to know what it's about. It's a whinefest about how hard their (rich) lives are. It reminds me of the interview in Africa where they went to some of the poorest nations in the world, spoke with disadvantaged people then gave an interview about how hard life was - for them! Can you imagine if Chelsy Davy had married Harry and behaved how Meghan is behaving that anyone would have had sympathy for her?

Last edited by a moderator:

They’re doing this to become a viable brand in the US. They could care less what people in other countries think of them. Pretty shortsighted in my opinion

well, if Meghan keeps on harping about having "no voice" it will be a very boring interview, she has to give Oprah something scintillating, after all, Oprah is in for the money and not because she is sympathetic towards their "plight"

This is why I hope Oprah will challenge them to provide some proof of any statements that they may make that would be derogatory to the Royal Family.

This is why I hope Oprah will challenge them to provide some proof of any statements that they may make that would be derogatory to the Royal Family.
No, she will not. She is not interested in having a proof-based discussion, but in catchy headlines. What Oprah wants is another "There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded".

No, she will not. She is not interested in having a proof-based discussion, but in catchy headlines. What Oprah wants is another "There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded".

If they had to do an interview, Oprah was not the right person to conduct it as the questions people want answered of Markle concern mostly her time in the royal family and the traditions and protocols of that are not something Winfrey understands much about or gives much priority to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom