The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
They won their case in early February yet the accusations emerge right before the interview? I think it's fairly far-fetched to try to pretend there isn't a correlation.

So two "friends" have criticised the BRF (in response to the leaks). Not sure how it changes my point that the surest way for HM to avoid getting blamed for leaks is to put a stop to the leaks.

I haven't seen anyone bringing up Andrew's actions (which extend a bit beyond just friendship with Epstein) to counter the allegations against Meghan. Only people being confused about the firm's combative reaction to H&M juxtaposed to their almost non-existent reaction to Andrew.
I'm sorry but I still don't understand. I would agree that the timing of the news article about the claims of bullying coincide with the interview but if Harry and Megan can't control that the interview is being aired while Philip is in the hospital, why do you think the staff and Buckingham palace can control the timing of the article about it?

With respect to the Queen stopping leaks, if she could do so, she would have done so long ago. Meghan and Harry are the ones who are complaining publicly about these criticisms. I believe people should hold themselves to the same standards they have for others.

As to you last point - you brought up Andrew, which I think some Meghan and Harry supporters are doing to distract against the very serious allegations about Meghan. Regardless, my understanding is that the authorities conducted a criminal investigation into the allegations against Andrew. Even if you think there is something the palace should investigate that the police didn't, the allegations against Andrew did not involve the palace workplace environment. The allegations against Meghan do. Moreover, my understanding is that the investigation into the bullying complaints is not about Meghan but rather, how those complaints were handled.

I'm not directing this comment to you, but several Meghan and Harry supporters kept implying that the royal family had something to hide because they were worried about the interview. By that logic, why is Meghan so worried about the investigation?

Old 03-07-2021, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

My major concern here - is that there is already a concern that this bipolarization of opinion will encourage the weird to come out of the woodwork. BP have placed more people on the watch list in the last 3 years then they have in the existence of the watch list. You do not have to go on Twitter to see the tone and severity of many of these fans - it only takes 1 fool with a weapon. Meghan's friends are encouraging this behavior. And personally I think that Meghan and Harry need to reign their supporters in.

Old 03-07-2021, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im still puzzled about the "neighbours wearing tiaras" but -
and Im also puzzled as to who is so "common" in the RF? the queen? She has a bad blind spot over Andrew, but other than that, she's generally felt to be a dignified and dutiful sovereign. Philip? Charles and Camilla now happily married for 15 years and both doing thier job. William and Kate? Edward and Sophie?
You are puzzled about my comments that for the most part...the certain members of the BRF are more like people i work with and intereract with daily than true Royalty? And that they have contributed to diminishing the prestige of the monarchy?

And i made sure to qualify my criticism s about the BRF by saying "WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS".

I don't know how to make it more clear...but i stand by every word.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-07-2021, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
You are puzzled about my comments that for the most part...the younger members of the BRF are more like people i work with and intereract with daily than true Royalty?

And i qualified my comments by saying "WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS".

I don't know how to make it more clear. Sorry.
It seems to me that the large majority of the working royals are reasonably sensible dutiful people... not prone to causing scandals..
I think I grasp your point better now.. but if you're saying that Will and Kate for example are a different royal couple to Philip and Elizabeth II, yes, of course they are. They're still rich, privileged and royal, but they were brought up in the late 20th century, and were given a relatively "ordinary" upbringing.. I suspect that they're happier to look after their kids themselves a lot of the time.. and to go and stay with Kate's middle class parents...
If they were like old fashioned royals of the 1920s or the Victorian age, they simply would not survive, and neither would the monarchy....
Old 03-07-2021, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
My major concern here - is that there is already a concern that this bipolarization of opinion will encourage the weird to come out of the woodwork. BP have placed more people on the watch list in the last 3 years then they have in the existence of the watch list. You do not have to go on Twitter to see the tone and severity of many of these fans - it only takes 1 fool with a weapon. Meghan's friends are encouraging this behavior. And personally I think that Meghan and Harry need to reign their supporters in.
It doesn't help when public figures like Gayle King bandy about words like "vilified". King doesn't know any more than the rest of use whether these reports of bullying are justified or not.

Not to mention the intemperate rant from Patrick Adams.

It's very instructive to see how CBS News is treating a former staff member of the NY Governor who has complained about her treatment. Maybe CBS should put out a hand to the alleged victims of Meghan Markle & Harry Windsor.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Squidygate. Nuisance phone calls.Panorama interview. Charles on tape talking dirty to his mistress. Fergie getting her toes sucked in the South of France.Harry running naked through Vegas hotel rooms...that's just a few.

It is the cumulative effect of all these things i feel have sometimes given a soap opers feel to the Windsors and contributed to the trivialization of the BRF Denville.

I don't agree that dignity is old fashioned for Royals...or anyone else.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Squidygate. Nuisance phone calls.Panorama interview. Charles on tape talking dirty to his mistress. Fergie getting her toes sucked in the South of France.Harry running naked through Vegas hotel rooms...that's just a few.

It is the cumulative effect of all these things i feel have sometimes given a soap opers feel to the Windsors and contributed to the trivialization of the BRF Denville.

I don't agree that dignity is old fashioned for Royals...or anyone else.
30 years ago when most of these things happened...
Old 03-07-2021, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post

THIS!!

Ab Fab actress Joanna Lumley said she wouldn't watch the interview and hated how it pitted people against each other due to differing opinions and I have to say I agree. I'm not sure who benefits from the interview but civility, harmony and getting along certainly does not. These forums show that all too well sometimes. Some people will take things too far and that is really dangerous.

What annoys me the most if there have nothing to talk about - wait until you have a project to talk about (unless maybe they announce something specific). ATM it just looks like they are going to Oprah to dish on the RF.

Not sure if it has been posted already but Yougov has a poll out about how interested people in UK are to watch:

Very - 11%
Somewhat - 20%
Not very - 18%
Not at all - 49%
Don't know - 2%
Old 03-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Did you not get the part where i said " for starters " Denville??

Harry's Vegas Adventure was NOT 30 years ago...neither was Fergie's Pay for Access embarrassment and certainly not Andrew/Epstein.

This is off topic...so I am not going to go further with it.

Old 03-07-2021, 03:48 PM
Courtier

So, if to judge by a post and its comments in a facebook group of individuals from my country who reside all over the world, the couple are now a mere laughing stock to them.

None of them understand why they doing the interview, the only reason everyone agree on is that they are seeking attention.

A few, who were on their side are even saying they no longer think favortly about the couple because of the fact that they are doing this interview.

Everyone agrees it is a bad idea and will boomerang on them in the long run.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:56 PM
Courtier

As airing hour nears, I can't help but laugh thinking the most explosive bits of this interview have been shown in the teasers and most of the rest of the two hours will be quite routine of the couple talking about Archewell and the daily routine of their lives. I think 75%+ of this interview will be rather, well, dull.

Of course, this would not have garnered any attention for the producers of this show, who have framed this interview as if we will have two hours of explosive revelations.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I for one can't wait to watch. This interview is going to be good.
It will no doubt provide The Daily Mail, The Sun and other tabloids with content for at least a month.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:11 PM
Courtier

So the title of this thread is the pre interview thread. Do I come here to read what everyone thought or is there going to be a post interview thread?
Old 03-07-2021, 04:13 PM
Courtier

Camilla Long has weighed in on the upcoming interview. The article is behind the Times paywall, and it's a doozy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...-win-c0cxv7ckf

Ms. Long describes Meghan's "truth" (her quote marks, not mine) as "an unstoppable Krakatoa of toxic sniping and petulant Marie Antoinette revelations." She asserts that the interview will be just the beginning, that Harry and Meghan's bread-and-butter is now attacks on the Royal Family.

She also characterizes the whole kerfuffle as basically Meghan vs. William, and compares the heightened drama surrounding this to O.J Simpson's famous car chase.

The monarchy comes in for some criticism, being described as "an arid boot camp of duty and devotion."
Old 03-07-2021, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think anyone particularly anticipated this, when Harry and Meghan first left - or am I being naïve? I think people were concerned that they'd embarrass the Royal Family by going for every commercial deal going, and that we'd get adverts saying "Hey, the Queen's grandson Prince Harry never gets his burgers and fries anywhere but Such-A-Place" or Meghan doing a voiceover on the next Disney princess film and that sort of thing, but not all this "toxic sniping", as Camilla Long very accurately puts it.

This is just horrible. It's doing no-one any good, and must be very upsetting for the Queen and Prince Philip, who don't need all this grief at their age. What is Harry thinking of?
Old 03-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Camilla Long has weighed in on the upcoming interview. The article is behind the Times paywall, and it's a doozy.

Ms. Long describes Meghan's "truth" (her quote marks, not mine) as "an unstoppable Krakatoa of toxic sniping and petulant Marie Antoinette revelations." She asserts that the interview will be just the beginning, that Harry and Meghan's bread-and-butter is now attacks on the Royal Family.

She also characterizes the whole kerfuffle as basically Meghan vs. William, and compares the heightened drama surrounding this to O.J Simpson's famous car chase.

The monarchy comes in for some criticism, being described as "an arid boot camp of duty and devotion."
Camilla Long is a ....This was funny though but I do take issue with the she was a bit rude. I dont think that is it.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I don't believe it is their bread and butter now.
It could, repeat could, become their bread and butter at a later stage if their situation becomes desperate or deluded enough. That cannot be ruled out 100 %. It is however an option that is IMO most unlikely to happen.

If, and again I repeat if, they should embark on some sort of crusade against the BRF or just William, then I would of course lose everything for Meghan.
But Harry... He would be beyond contempt in my eyes. He would betray his family and his country. Even if it was just Meghan saying the words, he would fail as a husband, son, grandson, brother, royal and a Briton for not preventing it.

I simply cannot imagine anyone but the most fanatical fan, viewing such behavior with anything else but scorn.
H&M would simply have to go collectively insane.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I don't think Camilla Long had access to an advance copy of the interview, but it makes sense that attacks on the Royal Family and fomenting the image of a feud with William and Catherine in particular would be now Meghan's "bread and butter" to stay relevant to the American entertainment media, especially now that she is officially out as a working member of the Family. I just don't know how much longer she will be able to play this game and still draw an audience. It looks to me like a self-defeating strategy in the long run.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

This was linked to an article in The Guardian. About US attitudes. No idea how accurate these polls are.

https://morningconsult.com/2021/03/0...-meghan-oprah/
Old 03-07-2021, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Did you not get the part where i said " for starters " Denville??

Harry's Vegas Adventure was NOT 30 years ago...neither was Fergie's Pay for Access embarrassment and certainly not Andrew/Epstein.

This is off topic...so I am not going to go further with it.
Honestly, In my opinion all these things minimize compared to Harry Nazi costume and his caught on tape racism.

Closed Thread