The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
What I understood was that certain former members of their staff went to the press after having come to know about the Oprah interview in which H & M are going to claim that they were mistreated by everybody at the Palace. They gave their side of the story. I don't think it can be called a "leak" if these people have owned up to speaking with the press.

As far as I know, the "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets" are not exactly Harry's words. They were written by someone else, I don't remember who.
But that is/was the point I was trying to make. These new revelations about M/H are finding their way into print via former staff now...as opposed to when the incidents first happened for reasons that I am convinced are at least partly motivated by revenge. They are circling the wagons in anticipation of what is going to come out during the Oprah interview.

ETA: I am confused by your assertion that "What Meghan wants.. " were not Harry's words.

My understanding is that those were indeed his words, overheard by someone and subsequently leaked to the press.

Harry has never denied saying it and Angela Kelly, to whom they reportedly directed, hasn't disputed the incident either.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-07-2021, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Carole and Pippa Middleton have not been the only RF inlaws subjected to bile by the British media. Some of the things written about Sarah Ferguson and her late father Ronald still have the power to shock/revulse me....even from a distance of over 30 years.

Being mocked as a social climbing arriviste is mild in comparison to being called a bad mother, an adulterous strumpet, and fat and ugly.

With not a word of protest from Buck House.
Both Pippa and Carole were phone hacked by the media numerous times. Pippa's car was broken into so they could steal her cellphone (presumably for the contact list). Pippa's iCloud was hacked, where they accessed her husbands nude pics. Pippa was spat on, which is considered assault. Newspaper editors admitted Pippa was being papped dozens of times per day. Pippa was called ugly face by Karl Lagerfeld. When one of Pippa's longterm relationships would end, the media would say "she wasn't marriage material".

You and I have very different views of the word "mild".

Old 03-07-2021, 10:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
But that is/was the point I was trying to make. These new revelations about M/H are finding their way into print via former staff now...as opposed to when the incidents first happened for reasons that I am convinced are at least partly motivated by revenge. They are circling the wagons in anticipation of what is going to come out during the Oprah interview.
By revenge, or to give their side of the story/set the story straight? They probably wouldn't have brought it up if H & M kept quiet. Imagine being bullied by the boss, and then the boss telling the world that they were the ones who were bullied.

But I agree in that they are hurrying to get their story out. Perhaps they should wait and see as to exactly what will be said.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I guess I don't understand then.

Where did the fascinating-if sad- tidbit that Harry was nicknamed "The Hostage" by staff in the runup to the wedding come from if it was not a direct leak from a courtier or staff member?

And the latest information about the unhappy snit over the shade of red Meghan ordered for blankets at Sandringham?

How exactly did this information make its' way into print if it didn't come via courtier/staff leaks ...pre emptive strikes that only came to light since the Oprah interview?

I have not suggested that members of the BRF have been slipping info to the media. Charles, William, Camilla, Kate, even Andrew. I can't picture it at all.
I'd recommend trying to see the situation with a little bit more compassion. Your previous job was hard as all hell. You have been mistreated. Your employer "went mental" on you for blankets in a wrong shade of red. Threw hot drinks. Drama, temper tantrums, unimaginable levels of stress. No one helped you - they covered up the whole thing. You left that job traumatized, stressed, needing professional help.

Two years later, when your employer basically burnt all of the briges, is no longer protected by the institution that you might still respect, is preparing a tell-all interview with Oprah, portraying themselves as victims of the institution, the palace staff, informing all of the world they were being mistreated by the very people they were mistreating. I understand that logic, tbh, and I don't consider informations provided by former employees as "leaks from the palace/staff".
Old 03-07-2021, 10:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I guess I don't understand then.

Where did the fascinating-if sad- tidbit that Harry was nicknamed "The Hostage" by staff in the runup to the wedding come from if it was not a direct leak from a courtier or staff member?

And the latest information about the unhappy snit over the shade of red Meghan ordered for blankets at Sandringham?

How exactly did this information make its' way into print if it didn't come via courtier/staff leaks ...pre emptive strikes that only came to light since the Oprah interview?

I have not suggested that members of the BRF have been slipping info to the media. Charles, William, Camilla, Kate, even Andrew. I can't picture it at all.

I didn't say the leaks (or actually whistleblows) were not coming from staff. I said it is not evident to me that they are motivated by retaliation against the Sussexes, or were triggered by the upcoming Oprah interview. In the case of the bullying claims specifically, the leaks are aimed at the Palace's cover-up/ inaction in face of the allegations, rather than being directed against Meghan.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

ETA: I am confused by your assertion that "What Meghan wants.. " were not Harry's words.

My understanding is that those were indeed his words, overheard by someone and subsequently leaked to the press.

Harry has never denied saying it and Angela Kelly, to whom they reportedly directed, hasn't disputed the incident either.
I see. I read it somewhere else that those words were not actually Harry's. They were attributed to him, but it was someone else saying it. I could be wrong, sorry.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Again, if the stories from “Sussex sources” are not true and not from the Sussexs as H&M and those around them claim why can’t the same be true of “palace sources”. A lot of people are former employees of the Palace, some with possible experience first hand or otherwise of working with Meghan and Harry, if those people want to speak out without permission of the Palace then there is not much that can be done. If the Palace did stop them it would also simply give credibility to what Meghan is saying about being silenced (if they can’t meep employees from talking how can they silence a member of the RF?)

In all honesty the Palace seems to be getting it from all sides- from the Sussex's (either directly or from “supporters”) and from these “sources” speaking out for their experiences working for the couple. I’m sure the Palace would much rather no one was saying anything about the Household, I genuinely think the senior aides to HM want to deal with it like HN would, by saying nothing. That said they don’t really have a choice over the bullying claims- they have to investigate them even if only from the point of view as a concern was raised was it dealt with properly rather than finding out if it was true.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It seems like in the 90s, we had the War of the Wales. Now we have the sequel: War of the Wails. We know who is raking in the green dollars from all of this too. Same as in the 90s.
All I know is that for all its' vaunted global prestige , the British Royal Family appears less and less "Royal" and more reality TV by the year. Never more so than today. Even the scandal riddled Bourbons of Spain and the antics of the House of Grimaldi seem more dignified by comparison.

I became interested in monarchy due to my love for history, geneology and respect for tradition. Not to see my neighbors and co workers dressed up in tiaras and living in palaces...and going on primetime TV to tell Oprah "their truth". Which is exactly what the House of Windsor has been reduced to and which is precisely why I rarely follow BRF news or contribute to threads anymore.

It began WAY before Harry met Meghan fwiw, and sometimes I feel that with the passing of HM's generation all pretense will end.

St. George's Hall Windsor will be rented out for wedding receptions and auditions for Britains Got Talent or whatever.

My apologies in advance to whomever is offended.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-07-2021, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Someone upthread said that the staff was making the bullying claims now because the staff anticipated Meghan saying bad things about the staff. I think that's true.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I'd recommend trying to see the situation with a little bit more compassion. Your previous job was hard as all hell. You have been mistreated. Your employer "went mental" on you for blankets in a wrong shade of red. Threw hot drinks. Drama, temper tantrums, unimaginable levels of stress. No one helped you - they covered up the whole thing. You left that job traumatized, stressed, needing professional help.

Two years later, when your employer basically burnt all of the briges, is no longer protected by the institution that you might still respect, is preparing a tell-all interview with Oprah, portraying themselves as victims of the institution, the palace staff, informing all of the world they were being mistreated by the very people they were mistreating. I understand that logic, tbh, and I don't consider informations provided by former employees as "leaks from the palace/staff".
I haven't said i don't understand why the information is not coming out now. These staff are fighting fire with fire is exactly my point.

I am far from Team Sussex. My belief is that there is Sussex Truth, Palace Truth...and REAL TRUTH somewhere in the middle.

I will ignore your comment about me needing to "develop compassion" other than to ask you not to make such insulting and presumptuous comments going forward.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe we will get to see Archie and the dogs, Guy and Pula, briefly during the broadcast. That would be nice. There is that recent photo of Archie floating around on Instagram. His hair looks brownish with red highlights and ginger eyebrows. LOL He's quite cute.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Then maybe HM should make it abundantly clear that retaliation stories aren't tolerated? Surely, if the BRF is as above the interview as courtiers try to let off, they don't need to retaliate with 2+ year old defamatory stories about Meghan.

Whatever anyone thinks of H&M's interview, are the BRF (through courtiers) really any better for trying to get back at them? That's what's so mind-boggling to me. If the interview is as doomed as some people seem to think, why not just let them dig their own graves instead of stooping to "their level"?
First, I disagree with the premise that these stories are retaliation. Most of them have been in circulation for a long time. The reason they resurfaced at this time is because the decision has been issued in Meghan and Harry's court case. Apparently, some of the staff may have been called to testify.

If the Queen should make it clear that retaliation stories are not tolerated, should Meghan and Harry tell their friends to stop attacking the royal family?
https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...-palace-staff/
Old 03-07-2021, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I haven't said i don't understand why the information is not coming out now. These staff are fighting fire with fire is exactly my point.

I am far from Team Sussex. My belief is that there is Sussex Truth, Palace Truth...and REAL TRUTH somewhere in the middle.

I will ignore your comment about me needing to "develop compassion" other than to ask you not to make such an insulting and presumptuous comments going forward.
I don't know why you found that comment insulting, as it was not.

And I'd also say, one more time, there is a huge difference between "courtier/staff leaks" and wronged FORMER employees coming to the press to get noticed that not everything is smelling like roses.

This doesn't have anything to do with "Team Sussex" or "Team BRF", as everyone involved (besides, of course, the employees) looks bad. If the allegations are true, the Sussexes bullied their staff, which is wrong. But if the allegations are true, the BP/KP covered for the Sussexes and protected them, not providing enough support for the employees.

Maybe I'm a Millenial, but I despise the current catchy slogan "their truth", "my truth", whatever. The truth is only one and we'll probably never get it in this case.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Both Pippa and Carole were phone hacked by the media numerous times. Pippa's car was broken into so they could steal her cellphone (presumably for the contact list). Pippa's iCloud was hacked, where they accessed her husbands nude pics. Pippa was spat on, which is considered assault. Newspaper editors admitted Pippa was being papped dozens of times per day. Pippa was called ugly face by Karl Lagerfeld. When one of Pippa's longterm relationships would end, the media would say "she wasn't marriage material".

You and I have very different views of the word "mild".
Karl Lagerfeld was not British media nor was he British Establishment. As mean spirited as his remarks are/were....they were his personal opinion about Pippa.

I was not aware of her being spat on and the other abuses...she doesn't interest me even a little bit and I ignore news about her.. But I agree it does indeed constitute assault
and I hope she sued the %$#! out of any pap who did it.

In any case my point was not to go on a case by case comparison of who got the worst mistreatment. It was to make the point that Meghan and Harry have NOT been treated worse than anyone else in recent Royal history and neither have the Middletons.IMHO

For all the nastiness she was subjected to Pippa was also put on the map by the British media. The "Her Royal Hotness" and Greatest Rear End of All Time hype was created by Fleet Street after all...and Pippa was able to benefit from it before it went sour.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
All I know is that for all its' vaunted global prestige , the British Royal Family appears less and less "Royal" and more reality TV by the year. Never more so than today. Even the scandal riddled Bourbons of Spain and the antics of the House of Grimaldi seem more dignified by comparison.

I became interested in monarchy due to my love for history, geneology and respect for tradition. Not to see my neighbors and co workers dressed up in tiaras and living in palaces...and going on primetime TV to tell Oprah "their truth". Which is exactly what the House of Windsor has been reduced to and which is precisely why I rarely follow BRF news or contribute to threads anymore.

It began WAY before Harry met Meghan fwiw, and sometimes I feel that with the passing of HM's generation all pretense will end.

St. George's Hall Windsor will be rented out for wedding receptions and auditions for Britains Got Talent or whatever.

My apologies in advance to whomever is offended.
why are you blaming the entire BRF for the behavior of 2 members of hte fmaily who have walked out of the family?
and Im not sure what's meant by "neighbours and co workers dressed up in tiaras"?? What has that to do with the BRF?
Old 03-07-2021, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
At the end of this, no one will look good. Not the BRF, not the Sussexes. But I guess money is more important to them than family.

I wish we would all wait to see what they actually have to say before we form so firm opinions. Of course I have my ideas as well but I'm not relevant here.

The thing most people here forget is that we don't know Meghan. No real in-depth biographies by historians have been written thus far (other than about Charles and his sons eg), so all the stories we got were filtered through a media which was (and is) extremely negative against Meghan from the beginning.
I just reread the report by I think it was Buzzfeed where they simply put headlines about Catherine and Meghan against each other, which dealt with the same topics, eg eating avocados or wearing modern vs. traditional clothes as a Royal. if that don't convince you that the tabloid media is writing against Meghan, what else could convince people? There were more than 120 negative articles yesterday about Meghan in the "Sun", "Express", "Daily Mail" and the "Mirror" - in one day! And not one positive or even neutral (I read the headlines).
So I can't wait to see what Meghan has to say in her own words and, like I did with Diana back then, I'll form my own opinion afterwards.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
That reporter needs to realise that Hollywood is hardly a representative of the US as a nation.

That is so true. Hollywood thinks they have moral authority/high ground and speak for everyone. They don’t. Not even close.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
First, I disagree with the premise that these stories are retaliation. Most of them have been in circulation for a long time. The reason they resurfaced at this time is because the decision has been issued in Meghan and Harry's court case. Apparently, some of the staff may have been called to testify.

If the Queen should make it clear that retaliation stories are not tolerated, should Meghan and Harry tell their friends to stop attacking the royal family?
https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...-palace-staff/
Re the bold part - interesting point. I wonder if some of the claims we are now hearing may have came up in Court evidence somehow. Maybe that is why the former employees are speaking up now - they though they would have a chance in court to say it but as they didn't and M&H have gone to Oprah they have gone to the media too.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
By revenge, or to give their side of the story/set the story straight? They probably wouldn't have brought it up if H & M kept quiet. Imagine being bullied by the boss, and then the boss telling the world that they were the ones who were bullied.

But I agree in that they are hurrying to get their story out. Perhaps they should wait and see as to exactly what will be said.
Actually, Meghan and Harry have benefited from the stories coming out before the interview. They have been able to use the interview to respond. Oprah probably reached out to the palace but the palace probably didn't comment. However, the staff will probably not have the chance to tell their side during Oprah's interview.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Maybe I'm a Millenial, but I despise the current catchy slogan "their truth", "my truth", whatever. The truth is only one and we'll probably never get it in this case.
The truth can be subjective sometimes can't it? For example, as a boss I could convey my displeasure at staff not carrying out my instructions properly and describe them as difficult or obstructive. An employee might subsequently describe me as too demanding. Whose truth is correct there?

I suspect many of us have been in family situations where someone has complained that we treated them unfairly (anyone with more than one child will be familiar with that!). Then we have "you said", "he said" etc with exaggerated retellings of events. "He threw it at it me", "No, I accidentally knocked it over", "She shouted at me", "He shouted at me first so I shouted back". Trying to establish an objective truth is always a worthy aim but not always achievable.

Closed Thread