The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
How can they demand it?
Well, there was the whole wreath-gate late last year, so they can demand a lot of things - and some of them will not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Why wouldn't Harry attending wedding and funerals of family. It would actually look bad on the RF to deny him that. That wouldn't have the right to and good look explaining it.
Yeah, it's so completely weird to exclude one's family - even if they are attacking their own family and causing all kinds of issues - from important events, like funerals or wedding... oh wait

Old 03-06-2021, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I don't think Meghan or any other married in had any ambitions to be another Diana. I hope that when She grows up Charlotte or any other granddaughters of Diana are called "another Diana." Diana was one of a kind.
Well if you look at another famous Princess who died young Princess Grace and her grand daughters they don't get compared. Maybe when the eldest was young but now no. Charlotte doesn't look like Diana, although she looks like her father, and I doubt any other potential grand daughter will either. Couple of her nieces have similarities to her.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
My question is though... Why would Harry and Meghan want to take part in official celebrations of institution that they themselves (or at least she herself, because I think that Harry is distancing from that on purpose) accusing of "perpetuating falsehoods" about them?

(Other than reminding people of their royal connections and making more money, ofc.)
Do you always ask and answer your own questions?
Old 03-06-2021, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Do you always ask and answer your own questions?
Because I'm interested in how different people can answer the same question? An answer from a Sussexes supporter will be, after all, completely different than mine... hopefully?
Old 03-06-2021, 07:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Not interested? With the way people are huffing and puffing over it in this very thread, I beg to differ
I am going to take a look, but if it gets really boring, I am switching to something else
Old 03-06-2021, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

I am recording it, but I can probably learn everything that was said from the headlines on Monday.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Courtier

I am stumped that ITV is airing this on Monday night, several hours after it airs in the US. By then, the entire thing will be available on various platforms
Old 03-06-2021, 07:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I am stumped that ITV is airing this on Monday night, several hours after it airs in the US. By then, the entire thing will be available on various platforms

It will stream on Paramount+, which is the streaming service of ViacomCBS.

Besides, ITV wouldn't want to air it Live in the UK at 1 a.m., would it?
Old 03-06-2021, 08:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
WHy? It will be shown when people have time to watch it..
Old 03-06-2021, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
The fact that Harry is complicit with Meghan in this attack on his family is what appalls me the most about this whole drama. It is almost like she has him brainwashed.
She does. The fact he thinks this is okay to air while his grandfather is in the hospital and his 90 + year old grandmother is in sad spirits likely is very telling.

He either resented his family and hid it well or she played him into hating his own family.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:31 PM
Majesty

Meghan has a misconception of the monarchy. She did not realize (or was not explained to her) when she joined the royal family, what was her role from that moment on which was to serve the crown and the Queen.
But worst of all, Harry turned his back on his country, the Queen, his own family and as if that wasn't enough, he agreed to give an interview that could have unimaginable consequences, especially when his grandfather is ill and hospitalised.
Harry and Meghan can't have feelings.
The whole royal family must be very sad about Harry's attitude.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It will stream on Paramount+, which is the streaming service of ViacomCBS.

Besides, ITV wouldn't want to air it Live in the UK at 1 a.m., would it?
No, it will be broadcast on Monday 9pm-11pm on ITV, so it will not be live.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Meghan has a misconception of the monarchy. She did not realize (or was not explained to her) when she joined the royal family, what was her role from that moment on which was to serve the crown and the Queen.
But worst of all, Harry turned his back on his country, the Queen, his own family and as if that wasn't enough, he agreed to give an interview that could have unimaginable consequences, especially when his grandfather is ill and hospitalised.
Harry and Meghan can't have feelings.
The whole royal family must be very sad about Harry's attitude.
Harry's complicity in this is truly appalling. In all of this, what H & M do not understand is that Oprah is not their friend. Oprah is doing this interview to make money. At some point in the future, if the Palace establishes that H & M did bully their staff, the tide of fickle Hollywood will turn against them. They need not think that Oprah won't be willing to interview some of the staff who were bullied (if that is established) if she thinks it will get her money and ratings.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yeah, it's so completely weird to exclude one's family - even if they are attacking their own family and causing all kinds of issues - from important events, like funerals or wedding... oh wait
I know this was some attempted shot at Meghan but unlike the Markes who Meghan had ZERO relationship with, Harry actually had one with his family.

So yes it would be very strange to ban Harry from the funeral of his grandparents and frankly I think it would be a bad look for the royals.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I know this was some attempted shot at Meghan but unlike the Markes who Meghan had ZERO relationship with, Harry actually had one with his family.

So yes it would be very strange to ban Harry from the funeral of his grandparents and frankly I think it would be a bad look for the royals.
Of course it's a bad look for anyone to not invite their family to family functions.

I guess much of it depends on how BRF will be feeling after the interview, but I'm afraid there might be a lot of... bad blood between them and the Sussexes. Though he might still be invited to the important family events, just not the official ones.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It really is striking that so many people are so unforgiving. I believe that this is a big mistake by Harry that he will regret. But who hasn't made mistakes and hurt people they love.

This seems worse because it is public but that is because the royal family is public. The Windsors are famously dysfunctional but they are also human beings and I have no doubt that they truly love Harry. Part of loving someone is being there, helping them, and forgiving them when necessary. It might take a while and maybe some won't fully forgive or trust him but I can't believe that any family member, especially Charles and William, will completely cut him off.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Of course it's a bad look for anyone to not invite their family to family functions.

I guess much of it depends on how BRF will be feeling after the interview, but I'm afraid there might be a lot of... bad blood between them and the Sussexes. Though he might still be invited to the important family events, just not the official ones.
I think it depends on circumstances. Plenty people have very valid reasons to not invite people into their lives. Not all family relationships are healthy.

Harry and his family are at odds right now but I don’t think it’s at a point of no return.

We shall see.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:07 PM
Commoner

I am probably stupid and an ignorant American, but I wish Meghan had maybe tried a bit harder to adapt to the family she married into.

It is my opinion that she knew what she was getting into, but I could be mistaken.

I won't be bothered with watching this. I honestly believe America has enough celebrities, and if one truly wishes to live privately, one shouldn't seek media attention at all.

But I do wish them all the best.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:54 PM
Aristocracy

I wouldn't ban him from family events but the fact his grandfather is in the hospital and he's allowing this interview to be seen says he doesn't care about his family.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:13 AM
Courtier

I'm curious what Oprah will call Meghan and Harry. Meghan and Harry? Duke and Duchess? Your royal highnesses?

Closed Thread