The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Well a lot can happen in 10-15 years. King William's relationship with his brother likely won't matter anyways. Whether Harry stayed or not, his position and "influence" was going to slowly go away as the focus on the new generation. That is just how it goes.

We have no idea what is stated in the interview. The Telegraph claimed the RF had an advanced copy and then had to correct themselves. No one has seen it, so how can anyone claim that Meghan speaks about Kate and Camilla?

This is like the video upthread referenced of people stating lies about about the interview without having even seeing it and swaying opinion based on their assumptions.

And as for family events -- I agree that I will be surprised to see Meghan back in the UK but I do think Harry will eventually make his way back there in some way. I can see the Sussexes invited for image sake but I doubt they attend unless something drastic happens in the next year. And who knows because we have seen how quickly things can change.

Then we have articles like this claiming sources say the Cambridges want to repair things with the Sussexes. So despite it all they still want that out there.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...elations-duke/

Old 03-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

I think there is at least a question mark over the you tube clip that's been referenced on this & the other thread.

It may well be a fake. An elaborate April fool type joke that has taken a lot of people in. Old footage blended with new questions made to look like new interviews.

Old 03-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
I think there is at least a question mark over the you tube clip that's been referenced on this & the other thread.

It may well be a fake. An elaborate April fool type joke that has taken a lot of people in. Old footage blended with new questions made to look like new interviews.
What do you mean fake? They interviewed the "experts" yesterday with questions and they spoke as if they had 100% seen the full interview. It was a prank and they fell for it. The only old footage used was examples of how the media was speaking of the Sussexes daily. They were setting up prank.

And American network already went to them for comments.

https://www.insider.com/youtube-pran...-markle-2021-3
Old 03-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
During the current reign, I see them making the same type of appearances as the Queen's other grandchildren. They will not be on the same level as William and Catherine. That is the price of not being a working royal.

After Charles ascends, it is hard to say but they will be included in major public events in some way. They will not be seated at the back of the church for the coronation, for example.
I think if they speak unfavourably about Catherine or Camilla, William and Charles will have to take sides, and they will side with their wives. William, in particular, seems very protective of Catherine and the children, and he will not tolerate any allegations. I really hope Harry and Meghan choose wisely whom they blame for the fiasco of their role in the BRF.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
If the rumours are true and Meghan will really accuse Camilla, Catherine and William of leaking false information to the press about her, I don't see them being invited anywhere in an official capacity. I doubt we will see them on the BP balcony soon either way, but especially if they will go after key members of the BRF.

No matter how much Charles loves Harry and wants to have contact with Archie, if the two will still be hell-bent on damaging the monarchy for their own monetary gain, it'll not be tolerated. It doesn't mean that they won't be invited to the unofficial celebrations of family occasions, but can you imagine them in the carriage during Trooping? Because I can't.
The carriage at Trooping is out of the question; they turned their back no being working senior royals, so no reason at all for them to be in a carriage. That's why most people are wondering about 'the balcony'.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of the 'entire family' being on the balcony. This year they can easily say that only the senior working royals (and the Cambridge kids) will be on the balcony because of Covid-regulations and next year continue that pattern; because 'what to do about Andrew' and 'what to do about Harry & Meghan' can most easily be solved by not putting any other family members on the balcony. I would feel sorry that everyone else would need to be sacrificed but that could very well be the reality. The alternative would be to allow all three of them in the balcony but not in the procession as they only attend in a personal capacity as family members of the monarch.

I assume the whole family will keep being invited for the Christmas luncheon; and for other personal events like weddings and funerals and most likely also for the coronation.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Good grief, that's appalling and so unprofessional.

Meanwhile, social and news media are stacked with articles about the interview, about Oprah, about the Sussexes and about the Royal Family. I hope the interview counteracts some enduring falsehoods, clarifies some misunderstandings and sets the record straight on objective facts but I still don't think that will be enough to outweigh the potential repercussions. It feels like Diana's interview when it sounded like it was a good opportunity for her to drop some truth bombs but the impact was as damaging to herself as it was to others.
But this is a common thing in media, it's just a technique to get things quickly done when finally needed. A lot of stuff is being filmed in advance and then cut and send on tv- nothing new , negative or special about this.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
If the rumours are true and Meghan will really accuse Camilla, Catherine and William of leaking false information to the press about her, I don't see them being invited anywhere in an official capacity. I doubt we will see them on the BP balcony soon either way, but especially if they will go after key members of the BRF.

No matter how much Charles loves Harry and wants to have contact with Archie, if the two will still be hell-bent on damaging the monarchy for their own monetary gain, it'll not be tolerated. It doesn't mean that they won't be invited to the unofficial celebrations of family occasions, but can you imagine them in the carriage during Trooping? Because I can't.
I have no idea if any of the other royals leaked against them but many of the "leaks" were confirmed to be true in Finding Freedom by their own ghost writer and the justifications about them made them seem petty, so much so that they would have been better ignoring them and rather than "explaining" them.

We also have leaks of private conversations between Harry and The Queen and Harry and William - conversations that at the time had the expectation of being private, like William's apparent "you're moving very quickly with this girl" convo that apparently very much set Harry off but which was advice William himself had followed.

Not to mention the Kensington Shopping Trip Gate that was leaked by Team Meghan to Lainey gossip within weeks of it happening again confirmed in FF. Meaning both sides were potentially doing it.

Unless there are utter political or social bombshells re Kate or Camilla or William there it all just seems petty and like they want to be able to say whatever they want against others but complain when others do the same. Scream about privacy and the tabloids but won't afford anyone else their privacy in conversations that many family members have with each other or petty slights between sisters in law. That's hardly practicing what they preach.

Not to mention that whilst a lot of this was going on Kate was pregnant, had HG, had 2-3 kids under 5, family problems of her own and wasn't necessarily able to have her back in the way Meghan was used to from other female friends. And then there's the fact that they've also admitted that they ignored most advice that was actually given to them because it was stuffy or wrong. And I can't help but think if Kate or Camilla rang up with advice every night we'd get a "they're trying to control me" narrative.

If they're really happy with their decision to leave and be "financially independent" in California then surely the best revenge would be living well away from a moaning public, rigid rules and the hat wearing patriarchy and not complaining or proving to the whole world that Kate was a meanie on Oprah. Especially when they know William and Kate can't sit down with say Naga Munchetty and do the same.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
The same reason, Harry mentioned the Queen and DOE in the Corden interview - they are famous by association. They will demand to come to all family events - funeral, weddings, coronations ect. It gives them the permission to talk about the family.
How can they demand it?
Old 03-06-2021, 02:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
How can they demand it?
By simply asking to come and hoping HM or Charles want photos of a family "reunion"/make up, by threatening to have a repeat of the Remembrance Sunday Cemetery photoshoot farce every royal event, by publicly pointing out and complaining every time Bea, Eugenie, Peter, Zara etc get invited onto the Balcony and they're potentially not invited because they aren't working royals either.

I think there will be a period where they and the press try to make every event about them whether they're there or not.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Why wouldn't Harry attending wedding and funerals of family. It would actually look bad on the RF to deny him that. That wouldn't have the right to and good look explaining it.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look up, see who's talking there and well... make up your own mind.

And here I ask: please, make up ypur own mind, watch the interview like I will and only then form your own opinion. or do you trust the media more than yourself???
Old 03-06-2021, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
By simply asking to come and hoping HM or Charles want photos of a family "reunion"/make up, by threatening to have a repeat of the Remembrance Sunday Cemetery photoshoot farce every royal event, by publicly pointing out and complaining every time Bea, Eugenie, Peter, Zara etc get invited onto the Balcony and they're potentially not invited because they aren't working royals either.

I think there will be a period where they and the press try to make every event about them whether they're there or not.
You mean they will make an appearance on their own balcony)))) and wave hands to the adoring public, that's something I would watch
Old 03-06-2021, 02:49 PM
Royal Highness

Yep - And if Harry's remarries it is likely to be a St. George's. And of course HRH Prince Archie and other subsequent children will be married from Windsor as well. It is what is expected and the royal family have not leg to stand on not to give it to him.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

I highly doubt the Queen will give into threats, although I don't put it past Harry and Meghan to make threats. I doubt Meghan even wants to come. I don't think she will ever engage with the Royal Family again. It will only be Harry who comes to the UK.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
[...]

And here I ask: please, make up ypur own mind, watch the interview like I will and only then form your own opinion. or do you trust the media more than yourself???
I get your point. However, I am basing my opinion on the clips. In one, Meghan accuses the "Firm" of spreading falsehoods about her. In my mind, the "Firm" is the royal family, not the "men in gray" and I don't see any evidence that the "Firm" or the Palace was involved in the Times story about bullying. She also mentions "losing" things, which I assume refers to the patronages, as if the Queen was being vindictive rather than just deciding that it was inappropriate for nonworking royals to hold those positions.

Another clip shows Meghan complaining about some of the restrictions on her ability to agree to an interview with an American talk show host. Finally, we have Harry passive-aggressively criticizing his father.

Maybe the rest of the interview will put them in a better light, but I am not hopeful given that Oprah also says they revealed some "explosive" things. "Explosive" revelations are rarely positive.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
What do you mean fake? They interviewed the "experts" yesterday with questions and they spoke as if they had 100% seen the full interview. It was a prank and they fell for it. The only old footage used was examples of how the media was speaking of the Sussexes daily. They were setting up prank.

And American network already went to them for comments.

https://www.insider.com/youtube-pran...-markle-2021-3

Well that's not quite what one of them says:

Dickie added to Metro.co.uk: ‘The approach from Beneath The Fold (note correct name) alleged to be a legitimate invitation for a fast turnaround, pre-recorded interview commissioned by a UK network, to be aired on Monday 8th March 2021. ‘This was deliberately misleading and a “scam”. I commented only on clips already in global circulation, but my interview was edited so as to imply I was speculating on the full programme interview. I was not speculating. I do not speculate.’

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/06/josh-...ghan-14199844/

That's why it would be interesting to see the entire interview to know what these four actually did say. What the full context was. Anything can be edited to prove a particular point.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

It is actually a few odd argument - but SS is actually very smart here. It is a fact that Clarence House used the press against Princess Diana (lets forget that she did the same for a minute). It is also widely accepted that he did the same against Sarah Ferguson, later Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, Sophie and Harry. So releasing negative stories against your family members is not a far fetch for Clarence House and by extension Kensington Palace.
In a rather odd way - Meghan is speaking on behalf of the last 5 people who are not able to say that they did exactly that. I was recently reminded that most of Sarah's public persona was created by the press, pretty much everything we know of the Wessex's is and well Harry and Meghan seem to have taken offensive to the narrative the press were creating.
Yes - it comes down to been in control of your image. How important is it to you that the image the public has of you is favorable. In the case of Edward - he doesn't care if the people believe he is alive or dead, or exists at all. But Harry and Meghan have chosen to make a living off their personality and image. They had to break the impression that the palace and press by extension have given them. They have to say that is a lie - I will now show you who I really am.
However the bullying allegation is different. As bullying is a rather personal crime and where one person will be offended where another will not be - it is just there to pile on the offensives of why she left. And to set herself up as a expert on the subject.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be interesting to see how many interview and media offers they would get if they stopped talking about the Queen and RF - well to be fair we will get to know how that looks one day as eventually they'll only have the same old RF stories to rehash.

I would love to know what Oprah makes of it all really.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Well that's not quite what one of them says:

Dickie added to Metro.co.uk: ‘The approach from Beneath The Fold (note correct name) alleged to be a legitimate invitation for a fast turnaround, pre-recorded interview commissioned by a UK network, to be aired on Monday 8th March 2021. ‘This was deliberately misleading and a “scam”. I commented only on clips already in global circulation, but my interview was edited so as to imply I was speculating on the full programme interview. I was not speculating. I do not speculate.’

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/06/josh-...ghan-14199844/

That's why it would be interesting to see the entire interview to know what these four actually did say. What the full context was. Anything can be edited to prove a particular point.
All that can be proved here is that anything can be edited to suit a purpose - as we may well see on Sunday.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The carriage at Trooping is out of the question; they turned their back no being working senior royals, so no reason at all for them to be in a carriage. That's why most people are wondering about 'the balcony'.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of the 'entire family' being on the balcony. This year they can easily say that only the senior working royals (and the Cambridge kids) will be on the balcony because of Covid-regulations and next year continue that pattern; because 'what to do about Andrew' and 'what to do about Harry & Meghan' can most easily be solved by not putting any other family members on the balcony. I would feel sorry that everyone else would need to be sacrificed but that could very well be the reality. The alternative would be to allow all three of them in the balcony but not in the procession as they only attend in a personal capacity as family members of the monarch.

I assume the whole family will keep being invited for the Christmas luncheon; and for other personal events like weddings and funerals and most likely also for the coronation.
Well it is the monarch's "official" birthday not her real one anyway. So there's no reason why it shouldn't be just "official" representatives of the crown on the balcony.

As to coronations one king refused his own wife, the new queen, admission to the abbey so who knows. Coronations are supposed to be occasions of unity after all. The last thing any new monarch would want would be bad publicity over the attendance of divisive relatives I would have thought.

Closed Thread