The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 06:36 AM
Courtier

Mr and Mrs Markle just go quietly into the night please and go live your life somewhere in the Rockies! Harry knew what happened to his mother so it was his job to make sure that by the time he married Megan that she was well aware of what life would be like in the Royal Family...what she could do what she couldn't do. Who knows this is what William could have encouraged Harry to do but Harry took offense. I think Megan came into this marriage thinking it would bring her the celebrity status she wanted as an actress and when this didn't happen she decided they should move to USA. I hope everything turns out well for them but I highly doubt it.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
She is not unsuitable because she was a divorced actress. She seems to be unsuitable because she did not want to follow the rules of the BRF, and everyone is now questioning why, was it her goal from the start, or did she really not know what she was getting into, divorce has nothing to do with this scandal.
I realise why they were in a rush to get married , age and wanting to be together but I think they should of taken a year off any duties to get used to married life plus living in a new country ......plus the whole Royal business .

So even if she didn’t know what she was getting into , least she would of found her feet .

Now it’s became a big old drama for .

Old 03-06-2021, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Everyone is going to believe what they wish to believe and see what they wish to see regarding the Sussexes. I try to be open-minded and reflective, and fair. No one is perfect. But Meghan does not deserve the trolling, hate, constant critiques, and online bullying she has received. When a person falls deeply in love, even in their thirties, that is still young, no matter how accomplished and experienced a life Meghan led previously.

And frankly, although Meghan led a public life and she was fairly well-traveled, she was mainly focused on the circumscribed bubble of the acting world, which involved chiefly concentrating on auditions. Her humanitarian pursuits flourished once she became successful on Suits, when she had the time and money to branch out more. In one's 20s and early 30s, it is still a time of learning and growing. Entering the world of royalty was a completely new and different experience for Meghan, as it would be for anyone who didn't travel in aristocratic circles since childhood. Heck, royal life was even a steep learning curve for Diana, who was born into an aristocratic family, yet her early life was fairly sheltered, despite her father once having served as equerry to the Queen.

Furthermore, being in love makes a person see everything in a positive light and they eagerly want their relationship to work and they want to believe the best, despite any inkling of difficulties that might lie ahead with the loved one's family or any unusual circumstances. Meghan was honest in the S.A. interview that she blithely dismissed warnings about the U.K. press from her British friends because she had no deep knowledge or experience of British tabloid media having such an impact and presence in British cultural life, which is very different than tabloid media in the U.S.
Hilarious how the Meghan narrative is quietly but firmly changing among her fans.

First she was the strong woman, humanitarian champion, who could blow away those stuck up Windsors and in general those Brits who apparently had to learn one thing or two about diversity from the Americans and their stellar legacy on this topic. Of course the critics, not about her background mind you but her possible difficulties to adjust from a very free spirited world to a way more restrained one ( because, hey, we know what we are talking about on this forum) were labeled as racists , anti-americans, anti-feminisms and so on. From day one, it was clear that it was less about Meghan but more about giving to the British Royal Family a run for its money and a cultural awakening millenial style.

But, again, because there's some kind of knowledge on this forum, there were warnings about the difficulties to change the Institution and , if so, the changes needed to be subtle and above all needed time. It was also noted that the Sussexes were not in a dynastical position to bring those changes and that every not so subtle attempts from them would be seen as arrogance or patronizing and will backfire badly, especially in the uber conservative tabloïd press. Again we saw on this forum the same outcries, the same accusations.

Now that the predictable has happened, aka a major cultural rift between the Sussexes and their home country, the strong and poised woman has morfed into a clueless girl in love who had no idea how difficult it would be to be a princess of GB, despite the fact that she precisely married the son of the most tragic of them all and that the entire world warned her about the Tabloïd press and their sickening methods.

Who can believe that, really ...

My two cents is that the Sussexes thought they were waaay more clever than everyone else and that they could do whatever they bloody wanted without consequences and with that single-handely change the Monarchy as an institution. Not less.

Now that all the plan has backfired badly, they are stuck in a how-so-2021 victims narrative , a strange mix between Diana's years and Cancel culture, in a desperate attempt to save their images as a money maker.

To me they are acting like headless chickens, and, as i predicted some years ago to the furors of you-know-who-you-are, it will not end well.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:46 AM
Royal Highness

I am so over these two! 'Just shut up and do the good that you have pledged to do. Don't keep telling me how compromised you feel as you are living in a multi-million home in Montecito. Really?
Old 03-06-2021, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

Whatever one thinks of Meghan Markle, there's no getting away from the fact that what she says so far in this interview demonstrates a naivety that is little short of breath-taking. That a worldly woman in her mid 30s - even an American actress - would think that she would be able to talk to Oprah Winfrey after marrying Prince Harry beggars belief.

The English author Angela Levin interviewed Prince Harry during the period of his engagement for a biography she was writing and Harry told her he had been at pains to fully explain to Meghan what was entailed in royal life so she would be aware of what she was taking on. What happened here then???
Old 03-06-2021, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

I can not longer express my sadness, anger and in general frustration over this whole situation. I do not see Meghan as unsuitable - in short the only requirement for the job is that you have married the right person. So really there is no formal requirements.
I know for a fact that Meghan was prepared more for this role then any other woman who married in the family. She was also given preferable treatment as Harry as the Queen specifically for it - to make her for welcome. And yet here we are. There is no doubt in my mind that their were problem and issues on both side. There is ill feeling on both sides - and obviously they did not come to a good parting.
It is never a good idea to make broad unspecific allegations on television. Unless Meghan has proof and details - she has made a huge mistake. A number of actors, producers and studios will never touch her now. She has made a stink and appears to love the drama so good luck to her.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
Whatever one thinks of Meghan Markle, there's no getting away from the fact that what she says so far in this interview demonstrates a naivety that is little short of breath-taking. That a worldly woman in her mid 30s - even an American actress - would think that she would be able to talk to Oprah Winfrey after marrying Prince Harry beggars belief.

The English author Angela Levin interviewed Prince Harry during the period of his engagement for a biography she was writing and Harry told her he had been at pains to fully explain to Meghan what was entailed in royal life so she would be aware of what she was taking on. What happened here then???
Perhaps Harry doesn't really know the limits of his position either?
Old 03-06-2021, 08:16 AM
Aristocracy

That's even more incredible in my opinion!
Old 03-06-2021, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
That's even more incredible in my opinion!
Are you sure? Because I DO think that Harry's very naive and foolish. I suspect he really did think he could do what he wanted.. and that he saw other royals working and htought he could do the same...like "Peter Phillips has his own business, so Meg and i can do it as well"... or "Edward had his film company..."
Old 03-06-2021, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

Personally I think it is more a case of lets find things to complain about.

I am mind boggled. Lets not forget what Edward did - while Sophie and him were dating, Edward and Sophie went to Diana, Sarah, Mark Philip and Princess Margaret every single relative that would talk to him and asked for first hand experiences. Everything from how to handle the press, the critics and the institution were discussed. Edward is a minor royal and at this time was not a full time royal but he saw the need for Sophie to know this - to know what she was getting into.

The duplicity of Meghan and Harry's actions and words over the last three years, let alone the last 3 month concerns me. I think Harry was very much under the impression that he could convince the Queen to give him what he wanted - it has worked in the past - why not now. And then he hit a wall, the Queen was suddenly saying no - obviously it was the grey man advising against them. And now they are angry. I think it is the first time that someone said no to him.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I can not longer express my sadness, anger and in general frustration over this whole situation. I do not see Meghan as unsuitable - in short the only requirement for the job is that you have married the right person. So really there is no formal requirements.
I know for a fact that Meghan was prepared more for this role then any other woman who married in the family. She was also given preferable treatment as Harry as the Queen specifically for it - to make her for welcome. And yet here we are. There is no doubt in my mind that their were problem and issues on both side. There is ill feeling on both sides - and obviously they did not come to a good parting.
It is never a good idea to make broad unspecific allegations on television. Unless Meghan has proof and details - she has made a huge mistake. A number of actors, producers and studios will never touch her now. She has made a stink and appears to love the drama so good luck to her.

As I see it, Meghan’s problem was that she did not understand that being a working royal in any European royal family ( I am not talking only about the UK here) is akin to holding a public office and that public offices come naturally with a set of restrictions ( that also apply for example, in different degrees, to ministers, diplomats, military officers, judges, civil setvants , etc.).

In other words, she saw the RF from a social class or celebrity point of view, which BTW is what most Americans do too, and completely ignored the Family’s institutional role. I mean, either that was the case, or we are forced to believe the worst case assumption that she never really wanted to stay in the Family and had been planning all along to use her marriage to jumpstart new career plans and celebrity status back in the US.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:35 AM
Serene Highness

They've made it clear that they don't want to return as working members of the Royal Family. That's their choice, and I doubt that anyone wants them back anyway. But Harry seemed to want to retain his personal bonds with his family, and the Queen's said that she wants that too. If Meghan makes a personal attack on Kate, which it looks as if she's going to do, and possibly on Camilla too, live on TV, how can that continue? Are William and Kate supposed to sit down for Christmas dinner with Harry and Meghan, or stand next to them on the Buckingham Palace balcony, after that?

You can get a new job, a new house, and even new friends, but you can't replace a brother.

I don't know what's going on in Harry's head. What is he thinking?
Old 03-06-2021, 08:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
T that continue? Are William and Kate supposed to sit down for Christmas dinner with Harry and Meghan, or stand next to them on the Buckingham Palace balcony, after that?

You can get a new job, a new house, and even new friends, but you can't replace a brother.

I don't know what's going on in Harry's head. What is he thinking?
The RF can put on a face.. and face down people going "How come X is sitll accepted even after he did Y".. William did look annoyed with H last year, but that's rare..and back a year ago, Meghan was smiling away gamely during that event.. so clealry then she was able to put ona party face too....
Old 03-06-2021, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

oh - how I wish I could do the follow up interview ?
Old 03-06-2021, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
The RF can put on a face.. and face down people going "How come X is sitll accepted even after he did Y".. William did look annoyed with H last year, but that's rare..and back a year ago, Meghan was smiling away gamely during that event.. so clealry then she was able to put ona party face too....
I also think well families are complicated and a mine of shared experience that is hard for even members 5o consciously understand. That they won't be always another drink away from descending into a shouting match I doubt. But then forgiveness is needed and time heals and they both have children and as the children grow and really know nothing much about the uncle time will move on.

All families tend to become smaller units once the matriarch and patriarch are gone and then the next generation take on that role for the ones under them. The death of the Queen will see a lot change in the royal families relationships with one another.

I'm really not sure how much we will see of Harry in the future once Oprah has quieted down and that initial rush for them is over.

I'm not even sure about those big family events. They happen rarely anyway.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I'm really not sure how much we will see of Harry in the future once Oprah has quieted down and that initial rush for them is over.
As Harry is Diana's son he will always be a high-profile person of interest for the media. Moreover, there is nothing better than a protracted feud with The Firm for certain individuals and organizations on all sides of such feud to line their pockets big time, eagerly cashing in on the proceeds of such social warfare. So this interview with Oprah is just the beginning.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
As Harry is Diana's son he will always be a high-profile person of interest for the media. Moreover, there is nothing better than a protracted feud with The Firm for certain individuals and organizations on all sides of such feud to line their pockets big time, eagerly cashing in on the proceeds of such social warfare. So this interview with Oprah is just the beginning.
I don't think so. And Diana. There are full grown adults who have only ever heard of her...and via The Crown.

Diana isn't supernatural. And it wont keep him famous.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

IMO ... they are fast becoming a public Nuisance....
Old 03-06-2021, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I don't think so. And Diana. There are full grown adults who have only ever heard of her...and via The Crown.

Diana isn't supernatural. And it wont keep him famous.

Meghan has built a solid social network for herself in the political world and the Hollywood / entertainment / celebrity circuit in the US. I think she will remain relatively visible in the media for quite some time although, to be fair, she will be just one additional celebrity activist in a country that has zillions of them. In other words, she is not "special" or "singular" in the US as she was in the UK, where there is only one Royal Family.

The biggest threat now to Meghan, as I see it , is the bullying investigation in the Royal Household. Even though the investigation is not targeting Meghan at this point, but rather the Palace's inaction / cover-up in face of the complaints, it does have the potential to derail her brand in the US.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

Even if anything is proven - Meghan will always have the the palace was spreading gossip mantra to fall back on. She has provided herself with a lifetime excuse.

Closed Thread