The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 03-04-2021, 12:33 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
JMHO but I don’t think Harry learned anything from his mother. He is doing the same thing —. Going to the media (in this case Oprah) and talking. Sorry, but this is not going to end well for Harry nor for Meghan.

Once again —. JMHO
I agree. I don't think this is going to end especially well for Harry or Meghan. So sad to see this happening. I used to adore Harry, not I just see him as some pawn in a game.
__________________

  #462  
Old 03-04-2021, 12:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma, United States
Posts: 638
Now I heard everything. Meghan was 36 years old and sure had been around the corner a few times, when she married Harry, but what was extremely important to her was, I will be a Dss with a Royal style, way better then a C actress no one paid attention to, asked Meghan who? almost invisible, now the spotlight is on her or both. She should have used it for something better. Sad they made a nice couple when they first started out, they could have done lots of good things, but that was not enough, they wanted to be in the foreground not in the space which was theirs, M/H wanted to be the Darlings of the Nation, it takes work and commitment, they wanted it but do nothing for it to earn the status, but now what? Trashing the RF is not a way to go. Btw where is her own family?, oh yes she trashed them too. She likes nice comments about herself, but not the bad ones, they are all fake, just to hurt her. If she has such disgust for Harry's family, and the employees who worked for them at the time. She should give up the Courtesy Title of Dss the Queen granted her at the time of their marriage.That would be the loss, she told Oprah?
__________________

  #463  
Old 03-04-2021, 12:48 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: İstanbul, Turkey
Posts: 31
Harry has to know when they mention “the firm”, ordinary people around the world will think of her grandmother and her family. People won’t say “Oh, The Queen is such a wonderful person but oh those around her”. They are blaming her grandmother he claims to love so much. They’re calling her cold, uncaring and racist. I don’t believe even for one second Harry doesn’t know what he’s doing. He obviously doesn’t care. They are making millions off of their family’s suffering so i guess it’s worth it for them.
  #464  
Old 03-04-2021, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 2,135
Oprah with Meghan and Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
JMHO but I don’t think Harry learned anything from his mother. He is doing the same thing —. Going to the media (in this case Oprah) and talking. Sorry, but this is not going to end well for Harry nor for Meghan.

Once again —. JMHO


I tend to agree that Harry hasn’t learned from his mother. No matter what they say- there will some kind of controversy or backlash. Somewhere.

But- they’re opening a door that I think they’d have been better off leaving shut. There’s something to be said for “never complain, never explain.” There are exceptions, I think, but this isn’t one of them best I can tell so far.

How well it works- or doesn’t- I guess we’ll see. Short term vs long term impact could vary. But- I tend to not agree with going to the media and complaining- or doing it via website or statement. It just seems immature, petty, unprofessional,etc.

They’d be better off sticking to promoting causes IMO, but- there’s no doubt that they’ll get more publicity for speaking out.
  #465  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:13 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 3,261
If Meghan and Harry feel unsupported by the Firm they should be able to express their feelings and concerns and to want things to be improved.
If staff members feel bullied by Meghan and Harry, they should be able to express their feelings and concerns and want things to be improved.

But not in public, that is not looking for improvement imo, that is looking to hurt.

just my 2 cts
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
  #466  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:18 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: maidstone, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,202
I think it is very sad this interview , specially when you think how much Ophera will profit from it. I wouldn't be surprise they get a % from it. I think They should to keep all this behind doors. But of course this is my thought
__________________
Ashelen
  #467  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:26 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
JMHO but I don’t think Harry learned anything from his mother. He is doing the same thing —. Going to the media (in this case Oprah) and talking. Sorry, but this is not going to end well for Harry nor for Meghan.

Once again —. JMHO
Impressive to conclude this before the interview has even aired.
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

  #468  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:36 PM
HighGoalHighDreams's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unspecified, United States
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Impressive to conclude this before the interview has even aired.
Since the Sussex legal team has already released a letter stating that Harry and Meghan have arranged this interview to "speak openly and honestly to the media" about their experience (framed differently: give their perspective about their treatment) and the poster was pointing out that this was (in her opinion) the mistake Diana made, the poster is hardly jumping to unfounded conclusions.

The issue isn't the content, it is the idea of using a media interview to "give one's side of the story." If you subscribe to the idea this is a mistake, you don't need to wait for the interview to reach that conclusion.
  #469  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Queen Ester's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biset View Post
Harry has to know when they mention “the firm”, ordinary people around the world will think of her grandmother and her family. People won’t say “Oh, The Queen is such a wonderful person but oh those around her”. They are blaming her grandmother he claims to love so much. They’re calling her cold, uncaring and racist. I don’t believe even for one second Harry doesn’t know what he’s doing. He obviously doesn’t care. They are making millions off of their family’s suffering so i guess it’s worth it for them.
He cares, but he lost his sense of direction, I so wish the would not air the interview, things are bound to get our of hand, Meghan and Harry think they can trust Oprah, but I would not be too sure, she needs the ratings more than their friendship
  #470  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
Since the Sussex legal team has already released a letter stating that Harry and Meghan have arranged this interview to "speak openly and honestly to the media" about their experience (framed differently: give their perspective about their treatment) and the poster was pointing out that this was (in her opinion) the mistake Diana made, the poster is hardly jumping to unfounded conclusions.

The issue isn't the content, it is the idea of using a media interview to "give one's side of the story." If you subscribe to the idea this is a mistake, you don't need to wait for the interview to reach that conclusion.
So... the argument is that royals shouldn't give interviews?

I can list multiple royals (who aren't Diana) that have given very open and candid interviews for whom life is going pretty swell. I fail to see how, if your argument is that it is not the content but the interview itself that is problematic (although your addition of "give one's side of the story" makes me think your issue is the content after all ), it should be any different for H&M.
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

  #471  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:56 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
So... the argument is that royals shouldn't give interviews?

I can list multiple royals (who aren't Diana) that have given very open and candid interviews for whom life is going pretty swell. I fail to see how, if your argument is that it is not the content but the interview itself that is problematic (although your addition of "give one's side of the story" makes me think your issue is the content after all ), it should be any different for H&M.
The only ones I can think of who gave "Candid interviews" which touched on their private lives were Charles and Diana and Andrew.. can't say that it went well for any of them...
  #472  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:57 PM
duchesschicana's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, United States
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
I think this interview might have the potential to be their version of Panorama. If it does, it would be interesting to see what would The Queen do. She told Charles and Diana to divorce because of it, is it possible that Harry and Meghan might lose their royal titles because of this interview?
Titles area about birthright not who deserves what, that's not how monarchy works. Harry is acting spoilt, but then what royal has not the past? Harry is not the first royal to go after coin and wanting his cake too. Harry could commit a crime and be sitting in prison and his titles wont be taken away..Especially when you considered they never took away Aandy's title who has beeen rumored to have done more vile things compared to a tell all interview, neither will have their titles taken away.

Let harry have his momment in the sun because it wont happen again not like this. They could do follow interviews but it wont be on this scale.
  #473  
Old 03-04-2021, 02:20 PM
HighGoalHighDreams's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unspecified, United States
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
So... the argument is that royals shouldn't give interviews?

I can list multiple royals (who aren't Diana) that have given very open and candid interviews for whom life is going pretty swell. I fail to see how, if your argument is that it is not the content but the interview itself that is problematic (although your addition of "give one's side of the story" makes me think your issue is the content after all ), it should be any different for H&M.
The argument (not mine, another poster's, although I tend to agree) is that royals should not give "setting the record straight" interviews. This is very different from being candid or open in an interview.

And if that is the argument, once the person has said "this is what I am going to do," one need not wait for the person to do it to say "this is a bad idea." In fact, there were manifold pages of people expressing this exact thought before Andrew did it.

I only posted to point out that Poster A said: An interview such as this is a bad idea. You posted in response saying that it was astonishing that a poster could say such a thing without the interview having aired. I stepped in to say: it is not necessary to watch the interview to say the idea of the interview itself is a bad idea.
  #474  
Old 03-04-2021, 02:46 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,661
This final sentence by Meghan seems to suggest that she truly doesn't care about the royal family anymore; nor about their promise of upholding the values of the queen.

Quote:
Oprah: 'How do you feel about the Palace hearing you speak your truth today?' Meghan: 'I don't know how they could expect that after all of this time we would still just be silent if there is an active role that The Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us. And, if that comes with risk of losing things, there is a lot that has been lost already.'
She has basically given up because 'a lot has been lost already' - so, she is no longer interested in reconciliation in anyway apparently - but only cares about getting her story out independent of the consequences.
  #475  
Old 03-04-2021, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 226
Harry is using his mother's death to claim why he left or to protect his family, but he is going to the PRESS for more attention. It will lead to more headlines and more mess on both sides. How does this make sense?

Meghan never wanted to stay. She wanted the money, fame and title.
  #476  
Old 03-04-2021, 02:55 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
Since the Sussex legal team has already released a letter stating that Harry and Meghan have arranged this interview to "speak openly and honestly to the media" about their experience (framed differently: give their perspective about their treatment) and the poster was pointing out that this was (in her opinion) the mistake Diana made, the poster is hardly jumping to unfounded conclusions.

The issue isn't the content, it is the idea of using a media interview to "give one's side of the story." If you subscribe to the idea this is a mistake, you don't need to wait for the interview to reach that conclusion.
The thought has occurred to me that in "speaking openly and honestly" to the media" in this interview, it may not have anything to do whatsoever with the "Firm" side of things. I believe it's been mentioned that it'll be Meghan with Oprah for quite a bit with Harry joining later on. Could it possibly be that the focus of "being open and honest" will be about the media and bullying that Meghan has had to endure as a UK British working royal and then won a lawsuit against the Mail on Sunday? As a private individual, hitting back at the vitriol from the media is something she can do now that she's not constricted by BP protocols.

We've only been given teasers so far about this interview but the more I think about it, Meghan did have far more problems stemming from the stories the media exaggerated and fabricated than anything else during her tenure as a working royal.

Just a few thoughts.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #477  
Old 03-04-2021, 02:59 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I've always thought the "firm" meant the royal family, rather than the staff. I hope they aren't going to say things they will regret. Harry loves his family and I don't think he wants to hurt them.
Are you sure he loves his family? When she says FIRM, it is 100 % the Royal Family or wants it to be implied that way. If you love your family, he didn't need to take his family away.

The fact this is happening in the middle of a pandemic and when Prince Phillip is sick tells me all I need to know.

Chris Ship
@chrisshipitv
·
12h
Meghan: If speaking out about my time in the Royal Family comes with “risk of losing things” says Meghan, “there’s a lot that has been lost already...”
@Oprah
’s interview with Meghan and Harry airs in the US on Sunday on
@CBS
and at in the UK on Monday, 9pm on
@ITV

Sounds like she is implying losing the title.
  #478  
Old 03-04-2021, 03:10 PM
AC21091968's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
I wonder why Harry and Meghan didn't sit down with the queen, prince Charles and William in November or December 2020 to have a conversation about their situation in the Royal Family, reach to an agreement and then issue a joint statement about their future plans and role. So all of this could had been avoided. They had a problem with the Firm - they should have talked with the Boss first and then issue statements. It would have been more elegant and clear. It would have left far less room for speculation.
What they(Harry and Meghan) are doing now with these interviews is just tasteless IMO.
You raise some very crucial points here. I wonder if Oprah would ask questions on the way Harry & Meghan left as senior working royals (i.e. Announcement by Sussex Royal rather than discuss comprehensively and released a joint statement).

I know that this type of question may not likely happen, but that is what I have been thinking for quite a while.
  #479  
Old 03-04-2021, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Harry is using his mother's death to claim why he left or to protect his family, but he is going to the PRESS for more attention. It will lead to more headlines and more mess on both sides. How does this make sense?

Meghan never wanted to stay. She wanted the money, fame and title.
I believe it, especially when she hired her old American PR firm from her acting days, even before they moved to the US.
  #480  
Old 03-04-2021, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
I believe it, especially when she hired her old American PR firm from her acting days, even before they moved to the US.
I loved her at first. It was nice to see some diversity into the Royal Family, but she used the press as a way to jump. She claimed to not know anything about the Royal family but then there were blogs and a photo that proved otherwise.

There is just no way, no one has not heard of the British Royals. William must have saw or felt something to warn his brother and it looks like William was right. Harry has no choice now but to suck it up.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baby names biography british british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan hello! history house of windsor japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers monarchist movements monarchists mountbatten plantinum jubilee politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria royal ancestry royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech st edward thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×