The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Firm is often used to designate the institution separately from the family. The Firm being the family business.

I’ve seen this done on social media for some time and it is how I personally separate them as well.

Old 03-04-2021, 05:43 AM
Majesty

That's a very small snippet in which Meghan mentions 'the Firm', too short to see in what context she is using it or to jump to any conclusions IMO. If she's speaking for instance about the mix up with the birth certificate that will be one thing, if she's talking about family relationships it's another.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
A lot of people would see The Microsoft Corporation and think of Bill Gates. To me, the "Firm" is the institution of the monarchy and the people who work for it with The Queen being CEO and "Boss Lady". The Queen goes home to her family whereas the people that work for the "Firm" go home to their totally unrelated family that has no connection with the BRF.

Official "Firm" events are in the court circular. Private events are not. Angela Kelly is an employee of the "Firm". The Queen's Head Gardener, Martin Woods, at Sandringham is not.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
We all have heartache. Scores to settle. Situations where we weren't heard. Marriages that break down. We don't all go on Oprah to talk about it.

I dont see how the firm are continuing to perpetuate lies about them either. All I see was people continuing with their lives. Denying stories when they were brought up and the fingers were ointed at them by the Sussexes.

Meghan was massively unsuited to royal life. She thought she could do what she liked and that isn't the way it works.

But Harry should have learnt the lessons of his mother. The interview shouldnt have been given.

You fling out words only a saint would say nothing in response and if there is nothing personally involved, such as children, why wouldn't you respond.
I think this interview might have the potential to be their version of Panorama. If it does, it would be interesting to see what would The Queen do. She told Charles and Diana to divorce because of it, is it possible that Harry and Meghan might lose their royal titles because of this interview?
Old 03-04-2021, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, a lot of unnecessary damage has been done in the way Harry & Meghan have conducted themselves in 2020 and 2021 (I am delibrately restricting my comments to this period). If they wanted to leave the Firm, they could have agreed the position with the senior Principals (HM, Charles and William) and exited with grace and dignity. Instead, what we have is a constant attempt at being too cute, trying to undermine the Firm, and unnecessary one upmanship. And I am not sure what washing ones dirty linen in public ever achieves much in the long run. But let history be the judge of that.

I agree. Also, it provides rich pickings for the very taboids that H&M despise so much.
What it achieves, in the short term, is huge ratings for the Oprah interview, which in turn generates $$$$$$$$ for the Sussexes.
If they'd exited "with grace and dignity" and stayed under the radar, who would care? By doing this, they get to cash in - at least for now.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
I think this interview might have the potential to be their version of Panorama. If it does, it would be interesting to see what would The Queen do. She told Charles and Diana to divorce because of it, is it possible that Harry and Meghan might lose their royal titles because of this interview?
It would involve more than the Queen to do that, but something definitely needs to be done. They are doing incredible disservice with no thoughts to anyone but themselves. It’s quite disturbing.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post

I am not so sure. The Queen is older now and has much more urgent concerns than the Sussexes. Any decision on titles, even in the case when it can be made on the Queen's own discretion only, will probably involve consulting the government, which is dealing right now with major issues like the Covid pandemic, Brexit, the economic crisis, etc. and, quite frankly, probably wants to stay out of this family feud.

As the Sussexes are cut off from the RF and live their lives in California, they might remain celebrities in the US, but their relevance to the people of the UK and the Commonwealth will naturally decrease over time. It is in the best interest of the Palace simply to ignore their whining. Getting into a war of words with the Sussexes only feeds their victimization narrative with no obvious gain to anybody but Harry and Meghan, who get the media attention they crave for that way.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I'm finding all this very sad.

I hope Harry's happy with the damage he's done. If he wanted to leave royal duties and move away to start a new life, fine. But all this nastiness, which is all over the front pages of today's papers, with headlines like "All out war at Palace", could have been avoided - but, oh no, he and Meghan had to do the Omid Scobie book, and now the Oprah interview, and create this ongoing cycle of unpleasantness.

Yes, the Queen's said that they remain much-loved members of the family, but, whilst we can't know what Charles and William are saying about everything that's going on at the moment, I'd hazard a guess that it involves a lot of very rude words.
I hope Harry understands the damage he and his wife are doing. Maybe he thinks they're attacking "The Firm" and not his family, but who is "The Firm"? His grandmother, his father, his brother and his nephew - I hope Harry grasps that attacking the firm means attacking them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've got a question here. All of this about "bullying"charges against Meghan resurfacing now and supposedly an "investigation" to "look into it" is front page news. Correct? Can anyone tell me what judgment or settlement would even come out of any such "investigation"? As I see it, this is a matter being looked into concerning ex-employees and ex-bosses(employer). What are they going to do? Hit the reset button where the ex-employees get their job back or the ex-boss(employer) gets a dressing down from the CEO she worked for years ago? What outcome will ever come of this? It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Haven't people better things to do than revisit the past hoping to change it? I kind of think that when people start pointing a finger, they forget the the other three fingers on their hand is pointing back at them.
This is the weirdest and most hurtful response I've seen so far. Please let me ask you this, should this investigation not happen because it's in the past or because it's about Meghan? Would you have the same opinion if it was Andrew, who has also retired from royal duties lately?

It's not about changing the past. It's about ensuring that, for one, the former employees are treated with respect, their voice and their side is heard, which is an important step in the recovery proces. It's also about all of the current and future employees of the BRF, so that they have a good enough system in place and such situation will not happen again.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
A lot of people would see The Microsoft Corporation and think of Bill Gates. To me, the "Firm" is the institution of the monarchy and the people who work for it with The Queen being CEO and "Boss Lady". The Queen goes home to her family whereas the people that work for the "Firm" go home to their totally unrelated family that has no connection with the BRF.

Official "Firm" events are in the court circular. Private events are not. Angela Kelly is an employee of the "Firm". The Queen's Head Gardener, Martin Woods, at Sandringham is not.
So basically you mean that they are not attacking Harry's family, they're attacking The Firm, so CEO of The Firm, so HMQ, so Harry's grandmother.

That's a lot of mental gymnastics just to try to explain that your faves are not attacking the Queen, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Princess Anne and Earl and Countess of Wessex. Because that's "The Firm", they are "The Firm".
Old 03-04-2021, 08:57 AM
Nobility

I wonder why Harry and Meghan didn't sit down with the queen, prince Charles and William in November or December 2020 to have a conversation about their situation in the Royal Family, reach to an agreement and then issue a joint statement about their future plans and role. So all of this could had been avoided. They had a problem with the Firm - they should have talked with the Boss first and then issue statements. It would have been more elegant and clear. It would have left far less room for speculation.
What they(Harry and Meghan) are doing now with these interviews is just tasteless IMO.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oprah with Meghan and Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Quote by a friend of the Sussexes in Harper's Bazaar:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...llying-claims/

"They have had everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them ... but ultimately nothing will keep them from sharing their truth."

If there’s one phrase I despise these days it’s “their truth”. Facts are facts. Something either happened, or it didn’t. It was said, or it wasn’t. Interpret it as you will, but I don’t like the idea that there are various versions of the truth. They can share their interpretation of events. And I guess that’s what may happen.

I hope this interview isn’t a whine fest, but it’s not sounding good to me. Given what an incredibly privileged life these 2 lead on so many levels- apparently happy marriage, children, health, wealth, opportunity- I’m not interested in hearing them complain to Oprah.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Its not mental gymnastics. The family business is not the family. The Firm includes dozens and dozens of staff and working family members. It may well be The Sussexes are speaking of staff leaks not that The Queen is sending info to the media.

Have you ever worked for or been part of a family owned business?

LaRae
Old 03-04-2021, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
So basically you mean that they are not attacking Harry's family, they're attacking The Firm, so CEO of The Firm, so HMQ, so Harry's grandmother.

That's a lot of mental gymnastics just to try to explain that your faves are not attacking the Queen, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Princess Anne and Earl and Countess of Wessex. Because that's "The Firm", they are "The Firm".
The working royal family members are the active face of the "Firm" but it's the business side of the family. Like all corporations, they have the "face" of the institution which is the royal family, the Boss and CEO which is the Queen and different departments that do the day to day grunt work like PR, secretaries that answer incoming mail and take telephone calls, the aides and advisors that assist to do the things the royals have to get done but wouldn't normally have the time to do and keep their daily planner up to date. A whole lot of people are involved in the "Firm" outside of the major royal players.

A business decision made by the Queen as how her "Firm" is run doesn't necessarily involve her personal feelings towards a member of the family such as Harry. If the Queen decided that she couldn't acquiesce and grant the things that Harry and Meghan had wanted to change as far as their working roles, it's because it was a business decision and not a reflection on how she feels about Harry and Meghan personally.

It's also a business decision that was made to oust Andrew from being involved in anything to do with the "Firm" going forward. So I see it as two separate things. There's the monarchy and it's "Firm" and then there's the British Royal Family as a family unit.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post

I don't see that it matters whether H is attacking his grandmother as his gran... or as the CEO. if he wasn't happy with the way the firm was going.. and his grandmother as CEO could/would not give him the working conditions he wanted.. he got out. He made an escape, found a new job and a new life. What is the point, in that scenario, of trashing your ex boss on social media etc? You're out, you're in a new job and new life.. and it wont look good to new employers....
Old 03-04-2021, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Well the interview will be seen all over the world as many countries have purchased the rights.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/m...al-1234921710/
Old 03-04-2021, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biset View Post
Finding Freedom? Lawsuit? Her friends talking to the press?
In Finding Freedom the writer names Angela Kelly also the PA Melissa, cannot recall her surname.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

JMHO but I don’t think Harry learned anything from his mother. He is doing the same thing —. Going to the media (in this case Oprah) and talking. Sorry, but this is not going to end well for Harry nor for Meghan.

Once again —. JMHO
Old 03-04-2021, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

The interview was recorded before their patronages were removed - but, yes, after the "War of the Waleses", you'd think lessons would have been learnt about playing out family feuds all over the media. It just ends up causing more hurt.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
In Finding Freedom the writer names Angela Kelly also the PA Melissa, cannot recall her surname.

I believe it was Taubouti (spelling?)
Old 03-04-2021, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
JMHO but I don’t think Harry learned anything from his mother. He is doing the same thing —. Going to the media (in this case Oprah) and talking. Sorry, but this is not going to end well for Harry nor for Meghan.

Once again —. JMHO
I guess it depends on the purpose of speaking out. If they want to keep their names in the news in order to draw attention to their charities or to make more money, it will work. However, if they are doing it for revenge or because they want to hurt the royal family, it will work but there will also be a cost to them.
At this point, we don't know what that cost will be.

Closed Thread