The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor and Rich people have their own problems and hurdles in life. For some, small problems are actually big problems, and others face big problems with optimism. It really depends on the circumstances and mindset.

However, there is one thing that this pandemic taught me. There is no way that Harry and Meghan's problems (with the press/family/the Firm) are bigger than the struggle of a mother who tries to feed her children. This pandemic brought many serious issues worldwide, such as the increase in unemployment, domestic violence, hunger, suicide, and many other issues. Many people are struggling to put some food on the plate. I saw on TV that a young woman suicided because she lost her job and she couldn't eat much less pay the bills...

So, what kind of problems are Harry and Meghan going to share in that interview? If their view is optimistic as they try to put an end to it and move forward, then fine. But, what if their approach is to complain and complain and complain??? I mean, of course no voice needs to be silenced, but sensitivity during this troubled times is very much appreciated.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:23 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Posts about bullying accusations have been moved to the News and Events thread in the Sussex forum.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
So, what kind of problems are Harry and Meghan going to share in that interview? If their view is optimistic as they try to put an end to it and move forward, then fine. But, what if their approach is to complain and complain and complain??? I mean, of course no voice needs to be silenced, but sensitivity during this troubled times is very much appreciated.
I mean, define complain? It's all in the eye of the beholder. If someone generally has a negative view of them, pretty much everything they're gonna say that isn't overtly positive is gonna be written off as "complaining".

Old 03-03-2021, 07:56 PM
Serene Highness

Chris Ship has announced that ITV will broadcast Harry & Meghan's Oprah interview on Monday 8th March, but at 9-11pm (rather than 8pm as rumoured earlier). This is the official announcement with the ITV Managing Director, Kevin Lygo making a statement.
Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
NEW: For the first time @ITV has now confirmed that it will broadcast Harry and Meghan’s big @Oprah interview next week. It will air in the UK on Monday 8 March, 9pm-11pm
11:07 PM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
Replying to @chrisshipitv
On agreeing to air the Oprah interview, Kevin Lygo, ITV Managing Director said: "This interview is already a national talking point and ITV is pleased to be able to offer UK audiences the opportunity to see it."
11:08 PM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...84130077446150

From ITV Press Centre:
ITV Press Centre @itvpresscentre
Oprah With Meghan and Harry broadcasts at 9pm on Monday 8 March on @ITV. Video - https://bit.ly/3rgQMAX
3:04 AM · Mar 5, 2021·Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/itvpresscentre/s...06300905603072

ITV Official announcement including the program promo introduction:
ITV acquires Oprah With Meghan and Harry. To be broadcast at 9pm on Monday 8 March
https://www.itv.com/presscentre/pres...monday-8-march
Old 03-03-2021, 08:19 PM
Majesty

Channel 10 here in Australia has confirmed that it will be airing the Oprah/Harry, Meghan interview at 7:30pm prime time on the same day it will be broadcast earlier in the US. A coup for 10, which is affiliated with CBS.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2021/...han-and-harry/
Old 03-03-2021, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I mean, define complain? It's all in the eye of the beholder. If someone generally has a negative view of them, pretty much everything they're gonna say that isn't overtly positive is gonna be written off as "complaining".
You are quite right. I was just speaking generally, and indeed, it will be all in the eye of the beholder. Haters will hate obviously.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

A new clip. Meghan speaks.

https://twitter.com/cbs/status/1367288345789788160?s=21
Old 03-03-2021, 09:25 PM
Majesty

"I don't know how they could expect that after all this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us" — Meghan
Old 03-03-2021, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Thank you ACO for the tweet and short clip.

It seems that the CBS is releasing this segment in response to the Times articles on Meghan allege bullying of staff. And Meghan also mentioned that the Firm is releasing false information about the Sussexes (at least that is what I'm getting at).

The word "silent" is used again.

It sounds that Meghan would do everything to speak out even if that means losing everything.

Like the previous two clips, as some posters have pointed out, the music is making everything overtly dramatic.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
"I don't know how they could expect that after all this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us" — Meghan
I've always thought the "firm" meant the royal family, rather than the staff. I hope they aren't going to say things they will regret. Harry loves his family and I don't think he wants to hurt them.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
What falsehoods is the Palace perpetuating? I thought the complaint came from their own staff, not the Palace? no logic at all
Old 03-03-2021, 10:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Thank you ACO for the tweet and short clip.

It seems that the CBS is releasing this segment in response to the Times articles on Meghan allege bullying of staff. And Meghan also mentioned that the Firm is releasing false information about the Sussexes (at least that is what I'm getting at).

The word "silent" is used again.

It sounds that Meghan would do everything to speak out even if that means losing everything.

Like the previous two clips, as some posters have pointed out, the music is making everything overly dramatic.
Do you think they just reshot the segment again? That it was not in the original?
Old 03-03-2021, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Do you think they just reshot the segment again? That it was not in the original?
I would not be surprise if the scene is actually reshoot, but at the same time I think Meghan could be talking about the Birth Certificate change fiasco (before the bullying allegation), where the a Palace spokesperson and other royal sources reportedly hit back the Sussexes' claim that the birth certificate changes were "dictated by the palace".

Here is the Mirror article with the exchange between the Sussexes and Palace staff: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...alace-23422958

The interview was extended from 90 minutes to 2 hours, which comes after Harry and Meghan have lost their royal patronages. Perhaps this could be the topic that may have been filled in. This could be what Meghan mentioned about "losing things", but this is only my thoughts

Anyway, welcome to the royal forum!!
Old 03-03-2021, 11:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

The suggestion seems to be that the palace is leaking partial information. And the lack of a full statement is leading to more speculation and rumors. If they were going to make public the information about the earrings, then the full story should have been known. Instead of allowing rumors to run around.

As for the employee. A former staff member. Who hasn't had issues with their former employers

Again with only partial information released, rumors spread like wildfire. For all we know the employee could have been pissed that the Sussexes moved to the US, and they had to find other work. Even if they just moved households.

Certainly Meghan is not the first royal to have rumors that she has been rude to employees. Likely could make a list of them.

Unfortunately what gets brushed off as 'rumors' or 'disgruntled' and so on when it is stories about other royals, people lap up as truth for Meghan and Harry.

People have been desperate for Meghan to be proved the wicked witch, ever since the dumb rumor about her making Kate cry came out.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness

Another clip was released from the Oprah interview:
https://twitter.com/CBS/status/1367288345789788160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
No, I doubt they reshot anything. They may have re-edited to add parts not originally slated to air.

Personally, I think M&H finally made a decision that they are tired of constantly being mischaracterized, and that in recent months when Meghan was out of sight pregnant and nesting at home, and the daily U.K. articles continued, it all (especially the stuff about Archie's bc) just became the final straw for them. Also, the continued negative coverage in the U.K. media after Meghan won her legal suit, certainly didn't help matters. Plus, the awful way some U.K. papers treated the reports of their new pregnancy with defacing them in the b&w photo, was so belittling. That surely didn't help either.

If Oprah had been offering M&H for some time the opportunity to tell their story, probably M&H finally looked at each other, especially once Harry knew it was all over with the taking back of the military honors and the patronages, and Harry probably said, "I'm done. Let's tell the truth."

Meghan: "There's a lot that's been lost already..."
Old 03-03-2021, 11:36 PM
Nobility

"The suggestion seems to be that the palace is leaking partial information. And the lack of a full statement is leading to more speculation and rumors. If they were going to make public the information about the earrings, then the full story should have been known. Instead of allowing rumors to run around."

Well, I hope Oprah will Meghan a question about the earings, just to set the story straight
Old 03-03-2021, 11:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The suggestion seems to be that the palace is leaking partial information. And the lack of a full statement is leading to more speculation and rumors. If they were going to make public the information about the earrings, then the full story should have been known. Instead of allowing rumors to run around.

As for the employee. A former staff member. Who hasn't had issues with their former employers

Again with only partial information released, rumors spread like wildfire. For all we know the employee could have been pissed that the Sussexes moved to the US, and they had to find other work. Even if they just moved households.

Certainly Meghan is not the first royal to have rumors that she has been rude to employees. Likely could make a list of them.

Unfortunately what gets brushed off as 'rumors' or 'disgruntled' and so on when it is stories about other royals, people lap up as truth for Meghan and Harry.

People have been desperate for Meghan to be proved the wicked witch, ever since the dumb rumor about her making Kate cry came out.
Email was sent in 2018. I didn’t think staff was looking for job back then. Especially someone as high profile as he is.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote by a friend of the Sussexes in Harper's Bazaar:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...llying-claims/

"They have had everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them ... but ultimately nothing will keep them from sharing their truth."
Old 03-04-2021, 03:28 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

And on that note let's keep this thread reserved for the Oprah-interview while we discuss the alleged bullying, the Saudi jewels and the kitchen sink in the News & Events thread in the Sussex forum:

Sussex News & Events
Old 03-04-2021, 05:09 AM
Serene Highness

Robert Jobson has released two tweets on Meghan's comment on the Firm and how the phrase is more associated with The Queen & Royal Family rather than The Palace. The term "Firm" or even "Fold" have been used widely on this forum and by royal watchers. On most occasions, the term has been used to describe working royals. He also commented on how attacking the Firm on Oprah is upsetting The Queen and the Royal Family, potentially breaking the promise of not "upsetting the Queen".
Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor
If #MeghanMarkle is using @Oprah to accuse “The Firm” (name used for the Royal Family) of “perpetrating falsehoods” about her & #Harry - effectively “lying” - I trust she has provable specifics. Pretty heavy stuff after claims she wouldn’t say anything to upset the Queen.
6:09 PM · Mar 4, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/theroyaleditor/s...71715232358401
Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor
Last week #HarryMeghan camp were claiming the interview with @Oprah wouldn’t contain anything to upset the Queen. I would suggest that accusing “The Firm” - name for the Royal Family not the Palace btw - is pretty upsetting. This was recorded two weeks ago remember.
6:23 PM · Mar 4, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/theroyaleditor/s...75207254659074

Closed Thread