The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 02-21-2021, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 226
I always felt Harry was never furious but I believe Meghan has stoked something, it could be the death of his mother and he may believe the Royals killed his mother. Harry was the OG bad boy of his family because he was born second and could have more fun. He didn't seem to harbor any resentment towards his family until Meghan.

I think something snapped in him when William questioned his relationship with Meghan, then Kate not wanting to be as close to Meghan as Meghan wanted and then the press going after Meghan while his family did nothing. He sees them as betraying his wife and son.
__________________

  #222  
Old 02-21-2021, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Her not only being present but seated with the most important guests (i.e., in the choir, Meghan's colleagues of many years didn't even get that honor) could only be explained by her fame not by their relationship to her; so, it seems both parties are happy to exploit the 'connection' (relationship would be too big of a word) that was established because Meghan started dating Harry.
Her presence was very fake I thought as was the presence of a lot of other celebs. I read that Harry really wanted to attend Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding because he and William had been close to her and her brother growing up yet LG, among others in the family, was not invited to H's wedding while people like Oprah were. I definitely saw Meghan's hand in that and I also believe she never intended to stay in the UK after the wedding. I think the UK press played straight into her hands with criticising her a lot as it gave her the perfect excuse to go.
__________________

  #223  
Old 02-21-2021, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 226
Why would he not invite his cousins to his wedding? That makes no sense, that is where Meghan upsets me but you invite people like Clooney, Amal and Oprah that she had never met or only met once or twice. She wanted the title, the marriage to a prince and the fame but what she didn't want is to stand behind Kate for the next 60 plus years. She saw that this was an institution of rules.

The Queen may have been better off letting it becomes Edward/Wallis 2.0 and deny the marriage. She never intended to stay and she used the press criticism to leave.
  #224  
Old 02-21-2021, 11:50 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Queens Village,, United States
Posts: 659
Fergie was already friends with Oprah. So Oprah was not really a "stranger" so to speak. She may have met Fergie's daughters. Harry and Meghan did invite Sarah Duchess of York who was hurt that William and Kate did not invite her to their wedding and she spoke out about it. I don't think Meghan married for the title and never will believe that. This will never be Edward/Wallis 2.0. THe Queen never denied their marriage and SHE invited them to a memorial service for Queen Mary in the sixties. She also went with Philip and CHArles to visit the Windsors and it seemed cordial with Charles being warmly greeted by Wallis. Harry never was king who abdicated and is way down in line of succession. Also the Windsors were childless and the Sussexes will raise a family. Perhaps he envied the life of Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall who also are way down in succession and who are now leading their own lives. Harry never has a chance of being monarch. I believe Harry and Meghan were especially hurt by how their little son was trashed by the media and the royals never spoke out against it.
  #225  
Old 02-21-2021, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 226
I don't remember Archie being attacked expect one person and that was wrong. Harry has a close relationship with Fergie over the years and he is extremely close with Eugenie (Well maybe not anymore but who knows).

William & Kate didn't need to invite Fergie. She was Andrew's e-wife, yet they snubbed a cousin like Lady Gabriella Windsor. How does this make sense?
  #226  
Old 02-21-2021, 12:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Queens Village,, United States
Posts: 659
That was a very very mean offensive and thing to have that picture and unprecedented for a royal baby. Outrageous. I think the royals or perhaps CHarles as grandfather should have said something. I think Harry and Eugenie are still friendly since I don't buy into the stories that Meghan "ruined" Eugenie's wedding. Harry himself may have talked to guests about becoming a father, he obviously was thrilled. I think he will be a great father, he loves children. ANd weddings are a place of sharing family news with all the relatives together and all that. I think Eugenie and Harry both like the idea of their respective children growing up in relative privacy.
  #227  
Old 02-21-2021, 12:10 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
e. I definitely saw Meghan's hand in that and I also believe she never intended to stay in the UK after the wedding. I think the UK press played straight into her hands with criticising her a lot as it gave her the perfect excuse to go.

That is the key point, isn't it? If indeed Meghan never intended to stay permanently in the UK and her plan was always to get the prince, do a brief tour of duty in the RF, and then cash in on the title and the fame back home in the US, then the whole victimization routine is only an actress playing a role to fit her narrative and provide an excuse for her departure as you said. Of course, that is only a pretty wild conjecture at this point.
  #228  
Old 02-21-2021, 12:16 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Queens Village,, United States
Posts: 659
I disagree with that. It takes two to make a relationship. Harry did not have trouble breaking up with his exes. If he wanted out the relationship would have ended quickly. I do think Harry wanted out for years and he said so, I think he was looking for a different sort of role like helping veterans and choosing charities to work with. He is very popular with veterans and he relates well to them. I think the two are genuinely in love. She could not "get" a Prince without his full cooperation. Harry is nobody's fool and has a strong will. If he did not he would not even think of doing what he's doing now. I do think they were overcriticized. Like when she was criticized in the media for "disrespecting" Harry by changing her ring. This was debunked because Harry gave her more gems to put on the ring to commemorate the upcoming birth of Archie. It is their departure not hers. I think that even if he married another person he still would have left. Just my take on it. He probably had unresolved issues for years. I think it bothered him that he could not be treated like the other soldiers when he was deployed to the front line then had to be taken out when a newspaper leaked where he was. It is probably very complex and Harry may not be talking about the whole reasons for his wanting to leave. I think this was brewing for years.
  #229  
Old 02-21-2021, 12:27 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I disagree with that. It takes two to make a relationship. Harry did not have trouble breaking up with his exes. If he wanted out the relationship would have ended quickly. I do think Harry wanted out for years and he said so, I think he was looking for a different sort of role like helping veterans and choosing charities to work with. He is very popular with veterans and he relates well to them. I think the two are genuinely in love. She could not "get" a Prince without his full cooperation. Harry is nobody's fool and has a strong will. If he did not he would not even think of doing what he's doing now. I do think they were overcriticized. Like when she was criticized in the media for "disrespecting" Harry by changing her ring. This was debunked because Harry gave her more gems to put on the ring to commemorate the upcoming birth of Archie. It is their departure not hers. I think that even if he married another person he still would have left. Just my take on it. He probably had unresolved issues for years. I think it bothered him that he could not be treated like the other soldiers when he was deployed to the front line then had to be taken out when a newspaper leaked where he was. It is probably very complex and Harry may not be talking about the whole reasons for his wanting to leave. I think this was brewing for years.



It is impossible to tell what would have happened if Harry had married someone else, because he didn't and we don't have the gift of foreseeing alternate realities.


To be fair though, Harry didn't always" break up with his exes"; instead, his exes dumped him, for example when Cressida turned down his marriage offer. Maybe Harry had indeed been looking for a way out for quite some time, but marrying a US citizen who could drag him and his son with her to California was very convenient in that respect. I don't see a clear way out as you put it if Harry had married an upper-class all-English girl like Cressida for example, but again, I don't have the gift of foresight.
  #230  
Old 02-21-2021, 12:33 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Queens Village,, United States
Posts: 659
I don't think he proposed to Cressida. She did not say so. Nor did he. He did not seem to be as interested in Cressida as he was in Chelsy. If it were anybody he proposed to it would have been Chelsy.As I see it anyway. Chelsy's family lived in South Africa so if they got married theoretically he may have wanted to move there and spend more time there. He and Cressida may well have divorced if they married. Harry also had other girlfriends that were not long term and he broke up with them. Harry probably could vent more to CHelsy about his outlook on life but I doubt she will ever talk about that. she moved on. I think also Harry has close friends he can go to and confide in. As I said, Harry may or may not ever give the whole story about why he decided to leave...
  #231  
Old 02-21-2021, 12:51 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,469
To be fair, Lady Gabriella Windsor is a second cousin once removed. George VI and the Queen Mother had 14 siblings between them, and that's before you even start on the Spencers, or indeed on Prince Philip's relations. You can only ask so many cousins. I don't know how friendly they are with all the celebs who were there, though. Harry knows the Beckhams through his charity and sporting work, and Meghan has been friendly with Serena Williams for a long time, but they didn't seem that friendly with Oprah or the Clooneys. But Oprah's just doing her job, which is to get big names to appear on her show.
  #232  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is the key point, isn't it? If indeed Meghan never intended to stay permanently in the UK and her plan was always to get the prince, do a brief tour of duty in the RF, and then cash in on the title and the fame back home in the US, then the whole victimization routine is only an actress playing a role to fit her narrative and provide an excuse for her departure as you said. Of course, that is only a pretty wild conjecture at this point.
Considering they split after 18 months, and must have discussed this for awhile beforehand, I think there’s some basis to think it could be true. To be fair, there’s no proof, so I’ll just say that she didn’t give it a real shot at all.
  #233  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
I don't remember Archie being attacked expect one person and that was wrong. Harry has a close relationship with Fergie over the years and he is extremely close with Eugenie (Well maybe not anymore but who knows).

William & Kate didn't need to invite Fergie. She was Andrew's e-wife, yet they snubbed a cousin like Lady Gabriella Windsor. How does this make sense?

Definitely wrong and offensive however the man was fired by his employer which was the BBC. Honestly I've never quite understood why there seems to be a continued need to demand for more to have happened to that DJ. And as far as I can tell it is not coming from the child's parents who appear to have been satisfied with the DJ receiving his consequence. IMHO it the situation was handled perfectly and it was allowed to quiet down afterwards instead of a drawn out series of condemnations. The Sussexes as Archie's parents were certainly within their rights and could have chosen to make a public statement condemning the cartoon but IMO they wisely did not do so. At that time they appeared to have moved on with getting to know their newborn and as the result of their actions, the cartoon has been largely forgotten. Better still in its place we had first photos with the Queen and DoE and later the christening which is a far better series of lasting images than an offensive cartoon and the resulting brouhaha. I might not always agree with how the Sussexes have handled things, but in 2019, they handled that situation in a mature and professional manner.
  #234  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:27 PM
Eskimo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 570
I wouldn’t expect any major dirt on the BRF in the interview.

With everything going on with Prince Philip, there will be a lot of sympathy for the Royals for the foreseeable future, so I doubt Oprah would let them attack the RF too much.

We have to remember that as much as Oprah loves ratings, she isn’t going to do anything to hurt brand Oprah, even by association.
  #235  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:36 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Her presence was very fake I thought as was the presence of a lot of other celebs. I read that Harry really wanted to attend Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding because he and William had been close to her and her brother growing up yet LG, among others in the family, was not invited to H's wedding while people like Oprah were. I definitely saw Meghan's hand in that and I also believe she never intended to stay in the UK after the wedding. I think the UK press played straight into her hands with criticising her a lot as it gave her the perfect excuse to go.
This is so far-fetched. Are you honestly suggesting that Harry, a grown man, wanted to Gabriella there but Meghan told him no?

There were what? 600 people at their wedding? Including extended family members you've never seen Harry interact with publicly (such as Lady Alexandra Knatchbull – whose wedding Harry, in return, did not attend) and his brother's in-laws. If it meant a lot to him to have Gabriella there, he would've invited her.
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

  #236  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,128
Who are the brothers in law?
  #237  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:44 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I wouldn’t expect any major dirt on the BRF in the interview.

With everything going on with Prince Philip, there will be a lot of sympathy for the Royals for the foreseeable future, so I doubt Oprah would let them attack the RF too much.

We have to remember that as much as Oprah loves ratings, she isn’t going to do anything to hurt brand Oprah, even by association.
Hmm.

She might very well postpone a controversial interview, not least in the eventuality that Prince Phillip should die. She would actually be doing H&M a big favor doing so.
But not allowing the interview to become too controversial?
No, I don't think that will happen.

Keep in mind that this interview is potentially a goldmine. The more controversial, the more money in the bank. Not just for Oprah but for the entire network and investors behind Oprah.
I don't believe Oprah is in the position where she for moral reasons can ditch an interview that could be a big source of income.
And why should she? She would merely be asking questions any journalist would dream about asking H&M if the they got the chance. If H&M decides to answer in a way that may hurt themselves, it's not her fault.
As long as Oprah merely quietly ask the right questions and otherwise listen and allow H&M to talk (something she admittedly does have problems with!) I don't think it will hurt her. On the contrary. She may have a comeback from this.
It will be H&M who may hurt the BRF, not her.

I firmly believe H&M wanted this interview more than Oprah. And if Oprah has scruples, H&M may very well turn to someone who have fewer qualms.
  #238  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:52 PM
Eskimo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Hmm.

She might very well postpone a controversial interview, not least in the eventuality that Prince Phillip should die. She would actually be doing H&M a big favor doing so.
But not allowing the interview to become too controversial?
No, I don't think that will happen.

Keep in mind that this interview is potentially a goldmine. The more controversial, the more money in the bank. Not just for Oprah but for the entire network and investors behind Oprah.
I don't believe Oprah is in the position where she for moral reasons can ditch an interview that could be a big source of income.
And why should she? She would merely be asking questions any journalist would dream about asking H&M if the they got the chance. If H&M decides to answer in a way that may hurt themselves, it's not her fault.
As long as Oprah merely quietly ask the right questions and otherwise listen and allow H&M to talk (something she admittedly does have problems with!) I don't think it will hurt her. On the contrary. She may have a comeback from this.
It will be H&M who may hurt the BRF, not her.

I firmly believe H&M wanted this interview more than Oprah. And if Oprah has scruples, H&M may very well turn to someone who have fewer qualms.
I agree to an extent but Oprah also knows the professional victim mentality. If there’s backlash from the interview, this couple will give a few more interview blaming Oprah— which is what Oprah won’t want. She’s already in enough trouble for not being supportive enough of her fellow blacks
  #239  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:59 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Queens Village,, United States
Posts: 659
I don't think it will be controversial. Just have a feeling.
  #240  
Old 02-21-2021, 02:15 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Why would he not invite his cousins to his wedding? That makes no sense, that is where Meghan upsets me but you invite people like Clooney, Amal and Oprah that she had never met or only met once or twice. She wanted the title, the marriage to a prince and the fame but what she didn't want is to stand behind Kate for the next 60 plus years. She saw that this was an institution of rules.

The Queen may have been better off letting it becomes Edward/Wallis 2.0 and deny the marriage. She never intended to stay and she used the press criticism to leave.
If HMQ or the PoW had come out publicly against Harry and Meghan's marriage they wouid have been branded as racists around the world. The condemnation would have been immediate and unforgiving. The entire BRF would have been "cancelled" on Social Media.

I am 100% convinced of this. And I say it as a WOC.

The die was cast the day that TV starlet (I forget her name) introduced Harry to Meghan. There was no turning back.
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baby names biography british british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan hello! history house of windsor japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers monarchist movements monarchists mountbatten plantinum jubilee politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria royal ancestry royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech st edward thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×