The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-20-2022, 10:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigTree View Post
When I was at school he was so drunk he couldn't get off a plane to meet the welcome party. Christ those were the days of leadership issues.
Yes -- I read a political memoir a few years ago, either by George Stephanopoulos or Norman Podhoretz's son John who worked for George H. W. Bush. I forget which book had it. I lost the books in Hurricane Sandy.

The presidential aides were all concerned about Yeltsin's reported inebriation in advance of an important handshake-for-the-press meeting. It was in Vancouver or some boat city, where the presidential party was on a boat going to see Yeltsin among others. They got there, Boris was three sheets, but it went smoothly.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The filming of Season 6 has already begun!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a42083...liam-ed-mcvey/
Old 12-11-2022, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

And the winner is…

I’ve just happily binged on Season Five, and I’d like to offer nominees for worst wig worn by a leading actor:

Prince Andrew

Princess Anne

PM John Major

I rather enjoyed the Mou Mou episode- a bit of wit and glamour to savor. I wonder if HM really declined to sit with the owner of Harrods at a horse show?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-04-2023, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I watched Season 5 over the Christmas Holidays and found it to be the weakest season so far and very in cohesive.

The episode devoted to Mohamed al-Faye should have been scrapped and was by far my least favourite.
The Wales divorce episode was messy with the over and back about other couples divorcing.
The Romanov episode was quite brutal and I loved Lesley Manville as a waspish Princess Margaret.

I wonder why Diana's mother or sisters were not cast and especially with the Divorce of the Wales .
Old 01-04-2023, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I watched Season 5 over the Christmas Holidays and found it to be the weakest season so far and very in cohesive.

The episode devoted to Mohamed al-Faye should have been scrapped and was by far my least favourite.
The Wales divorce episode was messy with the over and back about other couples divorcing.
The Romanov episode was quite brutal and I loved Lesley Manville as a waspish Princess Margaret.

I wonder why Diana's mother or sisters were not cast and especially with the Divorce of the Wales .
Season 5 is definitely the weakest season, in large part due to the miscasting of Imelda Staunton as QEII. JMHO
Old 01-04-2023, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I think the script was quite weak and the season in general was in cohesive.
I didn't mind Imelda as the queen but would have preferred Olivia Coleman!
Old 01-22-2023, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I do not like the new Queen. She comes off as trying to hard rather than being natural.
Old 01-22-2023, 07:28 PM
Gentry

I had my doubts about Colman as The Queen, but was won over very quickly. Tobias Menzies as Philip took a bit longer, but having got most of the way through Season 4 I will miss them when the cast change.

Looking at pictures of her as the Queen, I am still seeing Dolores Umbridge. Both Claire and Olivia in character really looked to me as though they were the Queen.

I heard complaints about Series 4 but until The Hereditary Principle, I didn’t think that they had gone too far. I shall expect things to continue to decline in that case.

Very surprised that neither of Princess Anne’s pregnancies featured, especially when they must have been a factor in the increasing pressure on Charles to marry. Or her wedding, when she was obliged to have a big wedding as the first child of QEII to marry, despite her dropping from 2nd to 4th in the succession by then.

Surely they will have to cast Diana’s family for Series 6.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

They have already shown Lady Fermoy, Sarah, and Earl Spencer and featured Robert Fellowes more than you'd expect. Her father was dead by this point and Frances wasn't a big part of her life. I'm not sure how much more people are expecting.
Old 01-27-2023, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Filming for the final season of The Crown has been taking place at Winchester Cathedral.

I assume its the Funeral of Diana,Princess of Wales?
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-64403731

Tags
british royal family, duke of edinburgh, queen elisabeth, the crown