"The Crown" (2016-Present) - Netflix Drama Series on Queen Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Sixth and final season of The Crown will be released in 2 parts.
Part 1 from November 14th and part 2 on December 16th!

I hope it's a lot better than the last season!

It has always been wildly inaccurate. why would it change now?

True. We in these forums know that, but there are some that take it for gospel.

(Still, i for one will not be able to resist watching).

I think its awful how inaccurate it is and that the makers seem to thrive of that. Yes we here and a few others may well know the truth but the vast majority of people watching it will think its real and truthful. I wonder if people may be less willing to take it if they depict Queen Elizabeth too harshly bow so close to her passing. In wonder if subtly they’ve had to tone it down since her passing so she doesn’t look too bad. Of course we know pretty much how the aftermath of Diana’s death will be handled thanks to the Queen film, to be honest they should just insert the film into the next series and thdn move on beyond it.

It has always been wildly inaccurate. why would it change now?

True. We in these forums know that, but there are some that take it for gospel.

(Still, i for one will not be able to resist watching).

A year or so ago, I had a FB argument with a person who insisted that the BRF had approved the program and that every word was true.:bangin:

I will NOT be watching.

Last edited:
I find it cringe making, it is so bad.
Bingo! I find the level they stoop to when using their IMAGINED truth nauseating.

There are just too many hours I'd waste and never get back!

A year or so ago, I had a FB argument with a person who insisted that the BRF had approved the program and that every word was true.:bangin:

I will NOT be watching.

Good for you :flowers:.

Well, I assume that this person was not a British? Every time the new season of The Crown is out, there are always, always some people who think that this is the real characters of the members of the royal family, that it was really happen in real life. They just never think/notice/realize that it's just a fiction drama, that the scenes/dialogues were exaggerating and dramatized and also can be very different from the real events. I just stopped explaining to these kind of people now about how inaccurate the story is.

While I loved the first two seasons (Claire Foy was brilliant!), I can only watch half of the fifth season as it's the worse season of The Crown in my opinion. Maybe I will finish it before the sixth season is out....

Its unfortunate too many people believe these shows to be true

Marry Dodi? I'd rather have a hole in my head! As The Crown depicts Diana as being madly in love with Al Fayed's son, PETRONELLA WYATT, who shared a single-girl-about-town bond with the Princess, reveals a startling confidence

Apparently Netflix is planning to promote Diana/Dodi as a great love story. Seriously?
I never thought that was more than a fling, and according to this, the relationship wasn't even that.

(Tried to link this properly but failed. It's in the DM).

Last edited:
Apparently Netflix is planning to promote Diana/Dodi as a great love story. Seriously?
I never thought that was more than a fling, and according to this, the relationship wasn't even that.

The synopsis I've read indicates they will portray Diana as getting bored of the relationship and Dodi's father putting pressure on his son to propose and try to secure it.

I personally love The Crown. Its a soap opera that plays fast and loose with the facts but it is a very enthralling show. However, criticism that people will take it as truth is valid.

I have read that the producers plan to portray Diana as being pregnant at the time of her death. I hope this is not true.

The synopsis I've read indicates they will portray Diana as getting bored of the relationship and Dodi's father putting pressure on his son to propose and try to secure it.

I personally love The Crown. Its a soap opera that plays fast and loose with the facts but it is a very enthralling show. However, criticism that people will take it as truth is valid.

I liked the first two series very much especially the first.

I started with the first episode today, very entertaining and good acting. I see it as entertainment and in that respect, it is very well done.

The press here are absolutely slating it, saying it's utter rubbish. Apparently it shows Diana's ghost appearing to Charles and the Queen ��.

The press here are absolutely slating it, saying it's utter rubbish. Apparently it shows Diana's ghost appearing to Charles and the Queen ��.

Well for now she's still alive :lol:
I have done the first 2 episodes and I think its great entertainment - so far.

I have just finished watching the first four episodes and I enjoyed them. I thought the story gave a reasonably well-balanced account of all the characters and events.

I have just finished watching the first four episodes and I enjoyed them. I thought the story gave a reasonably well-balanced account of all the characters and events.

I am through with episode 3 and I agree. Its good and well balanced. Very much on point with what the papers said about the summer.
Maybe its a bit much to assume that the old man Fayed pushed so much for the marriage and made Dodi propose that night (Diana said no) but of course thats the direction it was going all along.
We know for a fact that the ring existed but there was speculation that Dodi wanted to propose at his apartment after the car ride and did not do it as shown in the episode at the Ritz beforehand.
I am in the camp that never believed that Diana wanted to marry Dodi let lone was pregnant, therefore a consistent story line for me.

:previous:
I agree. I've also watched the first three episodes. They are very Diana-centric but not as off as I thought they'd be.

On the whole, I'm enjoying the series.

On the whole this part felt very low-key, somehow. Which is probably better than "overdramatized" or "hey, that might be cause for legal action".

Two things I wanted to see, but didn't make it in: I believe Charles really was broken up about Diana, but I also wanted to see him worrying someone was going to shoot him at the funeral without the boys.

And I wanted to see the Queen bowing her head.

I've only watched the first episode and found it quite tame, almost boring. I will say I think Elizabeth Debicki as Diana is astonishing. I also love Olivia Williams as Camilla. I've always enjoyed this series and take it for it is even though I do think its lost its way a bit over the last few series.

I am through with episode 3 and I agree. Its good and well balanced. Very much on point with what the papers said about the summer.
Maybe its a bit much to assume that the old man Fayed pushed so much for the marriage and made Dodi propose that night (Diana said no) but of course thats the direction it was going all along.
We know for a fact that the ring existed but there was speculation that Dodi wanted to propose at his apartment after the car ride and did not do it as shown in the episode at the Ritz beforehand.
I am in the camp that never believed that Diana wanted to marry Dodi let lone was pregnant, therefore a consistent story line for me.

I felt the depiction of the relationship between Mohamed and Dodi was well done. It left me feeling sympathy for both of those characters as I think it made them feel real. Flawed, of course, both of them, but real. He wanted to please his father, as so many people do.

Over all these years there has been much speculation about the ring not being a typical engagement ring, and not one that Diana would have chosen, and why they left the Ritz rather than staying where it was relatively safe, and The Crown offered what I thought to be very reasonable explanations for both. I have always thought that it was crazy for them to not stay at The Ritz that night, but the simple explanation that Diana's things were at Dodi's apartment and as she was leaving in the morning she thought it best to go back there, made perfect sense.

The events of those last few weeks in 1997 have given rise to an enormous amount of speculation over the past quarter century, occupying untold hours and hours of time in investigations and inquiries and documentaries and thousands of pages in newspapers and magazines and books and official reports, yet it all comes down to simple decisions made by ordinary people, that had tragic consequences. I think the ordinariness of the explanations offered in the show, and the manner of the telling the story, give it a real poignancy.

Back
Top Bottom