"The Crown" (2016-Present) - Netflix Drama Series on Queen Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm looking forward to seeing Gillian Anderson in the role of Margaret Thatcher,I've always found Gillian to be quite a good actress.

A starkly different character from Jean Milburn! :D I'll look forward into seeing her as Thatcher in this series.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gillian Anderson in the role of Margaret Thatcher,I've always found Gillian to be quite a good actress.

Gillian Anderson is perfect, just spot-on to play Mrs. Thatcher. I binge-watched a recent series in which she starred in, "The Fall". Excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for that. I wonder what will be covered in season six?

The tweet says that Peter Morgan feels the storylines they had for Season 5 deserved more than just one season. I can’t quite remember now what years they cover.

The tweet says that Peter Morgan feels the storylines they had for Season 5 deserved more than just one season. I can’t quite remember now what years they cover.

Well it will certainly be interesting to find out. The 80's & 90's have a lot going on both politically in Britain & in the family, to put it mildly!

I thought the same about Season 4,it was 1977 before I knew it and so much bypassed.

I loved the first installation of The Crown with Claire Foy as HM. The second not so much, though Helena Bonham-Carter was great as Princess Margaret. If they make another season I know I'll watch it. I love Imelda Staunton, she's a great actress. My favourite of her movies is "Vera Drake".

What a cast! Jonathan Pryce is a brilliant choice. I knew about Imelda Staunton playing HMQ but just found out about Lesley Manville playing Princess Margaret. Lesley is an astounding talent and I'll watch anything she's in. She becomes the character and you can't see the acting at all because she's so good at it.

Wow the cast for this final season is brimming with talent. Debicki as Diana is a great choice. Can't wait.

A teaser for Series 4 has been released, the series will broadcast on 15th November.

Many thanks, Great news I was hoping we might have Season 4 in time for Christmas!

Quick question - unsure if it belong here.
If you were writing the Crown - which royal Family and time period would you cover?
Personally if I was doing the British royal family I would have started with the Death of Queen Victoria as I review that was the start of the modern British royal family and intend the end of Empire.

A friend thinks that the Dutch royal family would have been more entertaining and dramatic either - but which time period, I dont know.

There was already an ITV series airing on Queen Victoria at the same time so it might have been a bit confusing.

Not too slight the DRF but I could not envisage a netflix series on the Dutch RF taking off the way the Crown has.

Quick question - unsure if it belong here.
If you were writing the Crown - which royal Family and time period would you cover?
Personally if I was doing the British royal family I would have started with the Death of Queen Victoria as I review that was the start of the modern British royal family and intend the end of Empire.

A friend thinks that the Dutch royal family would have been more entertaining and dramatic either - but which time period, I dont know.

I want one with the Swedish royal family. Starting with Gustaf V thru to the present royals. A lot of storylines they can use.

Back
Top Bottom