The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Helena Bonham Carter will play Princess Margaret in Season Three

Helena Bonham Carter Will Play Princess Margaret In The Crown Season Three | British Vogue

Paul Bettany for Prince Philip?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...philip-1076246

Old 01-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Gosh I'd never have guessed that ,though she did play Lady Jane Grey many years ago.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

So the older version of Margaret then? Hmmm should be interesting.

LaRae
Old 01-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Gosh I'd never have guessed that ,though she did play Lady Jane Grey many years ago.
I remember her as Lady Jane Grey and I think she did a great job in that role. She was very young back then though.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Courtier

I can't say she's one of my favourite actresses. She either overacts so that her character becomes farcical or she doesn't seem to bother at all and simply appears as herself wearing a costume. I assume this casting is for "middle aged" Margaret but for older Margaret they should absolutely consider Stephanie Beacham who played the Princess on stage and bore a great resemblance.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love The Crown, but the portrayal of The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret is wrong, IMO.

Both The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret worked on The Queen’s behalf in the UK and Commonwealth. In The Crown, The Queen Mother is busy eating and watching tv. Princess Margaret is busy drinking, partying and depressed on love.

Now, Princess Margaret was the party girl, but she did work a lot too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder who'll get the role of the queen mother?
Old 01-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Anytime I see Helena now I always think of Bellatrix LeStrange! lol

LaRae
Old 01-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Courtier

Her performance as Queen Elizabeth in "The King's Speech" was beautifully played, in my opinion.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:11 AM
Commoner

I think, HBC in The Crown could positively work out. I absolutely love how she styles herself in private and sometimes for public events. But i have similiar opinion like gaudete, for me her acting seems sometimes too "gekünstelt".
I think, what the series makes clear, is, how much/ how big is the brf part of the pop culture or which other rf gets a funko pop treatment, gets a show with 6 series. Although I have to take in account i know almost nothing about other kingdoms in asian/african countries.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I just finished watching the second series this week (I created a Netflix just so I could watch the Crown, haha) and I have to say that I think I preferred it to the first series. I look forward into watching series three - now I don't know how to spend my evenings

Claire Foy as HM is definitely my favourite character - I'll miss her in the next series!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-15-2018, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I have major issues with the depiction of the DoE, appallingly misrepresented 'in the Crown' by Matt Smith's boorish, sulky, sexually unrestrained, overgrown spoilt brat)

Netflix seems to have lazily bought into the Duke of Windsor's snide caricature of QEQM as 'cookie' [solely 'munching' whilst watching telly] , rather than a more interesting and realistic depiction of her pivotal role, during this period.
As for the DoE, the episode with Gordonstoun, education of Prince Charles, and death of his sister and family.. it was SO wrong on so many levels. peppered with inaccuracies - playing with timelines, casting blame where none existed, and needlessly overdramatising what is [in Cecilie's case] already a heartbreaking story.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:50 AM
Commoner

I'm a little bit sceptical about bettany
Old 01-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

Claire Foy as HM is definitely my favourite character - I'll miss her in the next series!
She was superb in the role and a pleasure to watch ,it will be strange to see someone else playing H.M. in series III!
Old 01-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Commoner

Claire Foy really nailed it.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just read something on Twitter that season 3 will introduce Diana.

I'm rather wary of that...hopefully they won't go all tabloid. Wonder who will play Diana?

https://showsnob.com/2018/01/25/the-...e-know-so-far/

LaRae
Old 01-25-2018, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Claire Foy did an amazing job and if Olivia Colman is indeed taking over to the play the part of the Queen, she has form since she played the part of the Queen Mother a few years ago:

http://womenitems.com/wp-content/upl...y-women-21.jpg
Old 01-25-2018, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Olivia Coleman was already announced as the new Elizabeth. She is signed on. The same with Helena Bonham Carter.

Paul Bettany as Philip isn’t confirmed and the latest report is he has withdrawn himself from consideration. His wife Jennifer Connelly is signed up for a tv show based on The Snowpiercer movie. So he may not want to separate his family (they has 2 school age kids) to come film here in the UK.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Olivia Colman explains how she got the part of Queen Elizabeth in The Crown speaking to Radio Times before Xmas.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post

Claire Foy did an amazing job and if Olivia Colman is indeed taking over to the play the part of the Queen, she has form since she played the part of the Queen Mother a few years ago:

http://womenitems.com/wp-content/upl...y-women-21.jpg
Claire Foy is so good in this role that I have wondered why they don't just "age" her with makeup and let her continue to play it? But, I am sure Olivia Coleman will be great, too.

Tags
british royal family, duke of edinburgh, queen elisabeth, the crown