"The Borgias" (2011) - TV Series

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love The Borgias!
I watched the whole season and i'm waiting for the 2nd!

I finished watching the whole season several weeks ago. It isn't as good as the Tudors and some of the actors are quite boring. For example, the actor who plays Lucrezia isn't very impressive, nor is her character. My favourites in the series are Colm Feore and Jeremy Irons.

I love watching the borgias on SHOwtime,despite the nudity, and otherwise I love its like watching a movie. I love every episode they are definitely a renaissance mob family.

Rodrigo Borgia/ pope Alexander VI- the "don" of the Borgia family
Cesare Borgia- the eldest son
Juan Borgia- the second son
Lucrezia Borgia- the daughter and is used in her father's plans of manipulation
Joffre- the third son and used like Lucrezia to gain Naples
The Borgia tv series poster/ soundtrack cover looks so mobish ;)

The Borgias isn't as good as I once thought it was. It started out ok, but I believe by the end of the season it kind fell off track. There was a big anti-climatic event with the whole King of France thing which seemed to lead nowhere. And there are a few characters I wish would just disappear because they add nothing to the story; Ursula and Guilia just to name a few.

One thing i'm finding is that while watching the show - I am constantly having to look up on wikipedia background information and what not on the people in the show. I expected better.

Too many things in contradiction with real history facts...

All fact is no fun.

If it was a factual programme, they would have made a documentary about the family.

Saw a new Borgias promo featuring Cesare, he's cut his hair and got a perm; he's still hott though. The Borgias first season was kind of schizophrenic and I found myself less interested in Jeremy Irons character than Cesare, though his sudden love for Ursula was too forced. As for the incest issue, it hasn't been brought up on the show despite the closeness of Cesare and Lucrezia, so far it is just a brother/sister love. I don't know if Showtime has the guts to go the incest route like HBO did with Rome.

Last edited:
Can I turn you guys on to Game of Thrones? Unbelievably great. Season 2 starts April 1.

:previous:
No need to convert me at any rate; I'm already totally devoted to the show.
Can't wait for the new season to start!

Have you read the books? Love them!

No, I'm afraid not.
Normally, I prefer reading books before watching films/series; this one was an exception. I just got hooked from the very first episode.

Most unusually, the series has faithfully followed the first book. Books 1, 3 and 5 follow the same set of charachters. 2 and 4 follow people/royal houses mentioned only slightly in book 1.

Season 2 of The Borgias starts soon. They finally for rid of that awful mullet on Juan. I think one reason this show doesn't interest me a lot is because I am not interested in the real people or real events. I do wish there were more women on the show so that some beautiful gowns could make more of an appearance.

I am so happy the second season will be starting soon! Cant wait :)

Back
Top Bottom