Spanish Royals - Documentaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sofia78

City
N/A
Country
Austria
Hi all!

Ive searched a lot in the web but unfortunately I can't find any english spoken documentary of the spanish royals. Also documentary forums don't have just one.

Have a few in German and spanish but no english one.

I have read that there exists one called "A year in Spain" by Selina Scott from BBC. But it's not available neither for dowload nor for watching (Youtube links which are posted here were all removed).

It would be great if someone has this documentary or others. I don't even have titles or something else.

Thanks a lot in advance !!!!

:flowers::flowers:

Does someone have the documentary called "Felipe & Letizia" from 2004 which was shown on Austrian Broadcast Television? It was shown there about one or two days before their wedding.

I once had it on VHS but now the cassette is damaged.

I'm looking for years about it with no luck at all. And to order it from the austrian television is very expensive.

I would be very very grateful if someone could help me.

Does someone have the documentary called "Felipe & Letizia" from 2004 which was shown on Austrian Broadcast Television? It was shown there about one or two days before their wedding.

I once had it on VHS but now the cassette is damaged.

I'm looking for years about it with no luck at all. And to order it from the austrian television is very expensive.

I would be very very grateful if someone could help me.

I too am in search of this documentary, it also went on Portuguese television in 2004. But not yet found anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TthQJCtwLdM

On this site are several documentaries on the Spanish monarchy and the Kings of Spain.
Memoria de España - La nueva España de los primeros Borbones: Felipe V, Memoria de España - RTVE.es A la Carta

Documentary on the reign of Felipe VI
1000 jours de règne du Roi Felipe ‹ RTLTVI

Portrait of a Prince (40th Anniversary)
"Retrato de un Príncipe" (40 aniversario) - RTVE.es

The Night of the King
La noche del rey - RTVE.es

Juan Carlos I, Constitutional King
Juan Carlos I, Rey Constitucional - RTVE.es

"The 40 of the Prince"
"Los 40 del Príncipe" - RTVE.es

Juan Carlos I Ambassador of Spain
Juan Carlos I Embajador de España - RTVE.es

Last edited by a moderator:
Film that mixes fiction and documentary about the figure of Juan Carlos I and Felipe VI. It begins with the January 2014 Military Passover speech that gave rise to numerous comments about the health of Juan Carlos de Borbón.

Spanish Television celebrates the 70th anniversary of the King with the documentary 'Juan Carlos I, Constitutional King', directed by Pedro Erquicia, who reviewed the most intense moments of his reign and life.

Documentary about King Felipe VI

Felipe and Letizia, a commitment to the future.

Tomorrow night special programs about King Juan Carlos on Spanish public television.

Briefing special Juan Carlos I, conducted by Carlos Franganillo.
Analysis of the figure of Don Juan Carlos de Borbón with journalists, historians, constitutionalists and political analysts
Thursday, August 6, from 22:05 on La 1.

Premiere of the documentary Yo, Juan Carlos I, King of Spain.
After this special La 1 will premiere 'Yo, Juan Carlos I, Rey de España', a documentary recorded between 2014 and 2015, directed by the Spanish Spanish filmmaker Miguel Courtois and co-produced by RTVE and France 3, with exclusive statements by King Juan Carlos I about his life.

https://www.rtve.es/rtve/20200805/e...os-conducido-carlos-franganillo/2037580.shtml

Last edited:
‘Yo, Juan Carlos I, King of Spain’ is a documentary recorded between 2014 and 2015, directed by the French Hispanic filmmaker Miguel Courtois and co-produced by RTVE and France 3, with exclusive statements by King Juan Carlos I about his life.

"La España salvaje" with Prince Felipe

"Lá Espana Salvaje" is a television series, broadcast by Spanish Television, of 10 episodes. These episodes are nature documentaries. It was released in 1996.
These documentaries were presented by the then Prince Felipe.

Last edited:
Leonor the future of the renewed Monarchy.
The first documentary about Leonor shows and analyses the princess' past, present and future.

This documentary, produced by HOLA Media, reveals the signs of her personality, discusses what her training is like as a future queen, explains how relationships are with the different members of the Bourbon family and with the Ortizs, her special bond with her sister, infanta Sofia, and reveals why the informative shield that for many years has kept Leonor away from the media gaze. All the keys to her role as successor to Felipe VI are also discussed. A path to reign that is not without obstacles at a time when the image and credibility of the Monarchy in Spain have been questioned.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_e...princesa-leonor-primer-documental-hola-media/

Documentary "Treasures of the Crown".

Documentary 'Leonor. The Future of the Renewed Monarchy' premiered on Amazon Prime Video.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_e...rincesa-leonor-documental-amazon-prime-video/

Does anyone know of a way to access the Leonor Documentary on Amazon Prime if you are outside of Spain. I would love to see it.

'Los Borbones: una familia real', the documentary prepared by Atresmedia

It will be the first time that a fiction production about the current Spanish monarchy is seen on television.

The well-known fiction creator Aitor Gabilondo and the journalist Ana Pastor have in their hands an audiovisual project that is less relevant and that will raise some controversy or other. Direct for Atresmedia what will be the first documentary series on the Bourbons. A production that for the first time will tell on the small screen everything that has always aroused curiosity about the Spanish royal family and the monarchy to which it belongs in a series that will take place over 6 episodes.

Despite the fact that the Bourbon dynasty is one of the oldest monarchies in Europe and an emblem that is part of the recent history of Spain is the emeritus king, and his controversial media figure, which has served as the basis for the creation of a script that focuses on the time of his reign, as well as the succession to the throne, in favor of his son Felipe VI. It was in January 2014 when the first decided to abdicate, also driven in part by the controversies raised by some of his actions when he was Head of State.

A whole story faithful to the truth and where there will be images from the historical archive that belong to the Royal House, as well as unpublished documents that have never seen the light before, recreations of past decades and key moments in the trajectory of the Bourbons; as well as testimonies of witnesses of the time, chroniclers, journalists, writers, historians and even people from the circle closest to the current Spanish royal family.

https://cronicaglobal.elespanol.com...bones-familia-real-documental_511719_102.html

Last edited:
'Los Borbones: una familia real', is the first documentary series about the Spanish Royal Family.

It is the first documentary series that deals with the Spanish Royal Family. Six episodes, directed by the creator Aitor Gabilondo and the journalist Ana Pastor, which show images and testimonies of great impact and public interest.

https://www.lasexta.com/noticias/cu...premium_202205096278f7f12632cd000188f492.html

:previous:
More videos from the documentary:

First episode of the documentary 'Los Bourbones: una familia real'.

Documentary «Los Borbones y Letizia»

"Juan Carlos - Liebe, Geld, Verrat“ - available at Sky from May 21st.

Documentary about Queen Victoria Eugénie:

Documentary «Los Borbones y Letizia»

Very interesting documentary, thank you!

Queen Letizia's circumstances are obviously very different from Queen Camilla's, but both have in common the fact of being consorts whom a signifcant percentage of the public in their respective countries found (and maybe still find) "unsuitable" to be queens. I wonder if they have ever bonded over that issue and their own personal struggles with their respective royal families and the press/social media on their paths to that coveted letter 'R' following their signatures.

Queen Letizia's circumstances are obviously very different from Queen Camilla's, but both have in common the fact of being consorts whom a signifcant percentage of the public in their respective countries found (and maybe still find) "unsuitable" to be queens. I wonder if they have ever bonded over that issue and their own personal struggles with their respective royal families and the press/social media on their paths to that coveted letter 'R' following their signatures.
Thanks so much for posting this! I could see the subtitles in Spanish; does anyone know if there is a way to see these in English?

Why is it that Queen Letizia is not popular with the Spanish people. I have seen similar comments but never fully understood the reason.

Documentary about Leonor, Princess of Asturias

Back
Top Bottom