Royalty (Fictional and Real) In Fictional Movies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Princess Protection Program" Disney film, 2009

New Movie Starring Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez.

When Princess Rosalinda’s (Demi Lovato) country is invaded by an evil dictator, she is put into the Princess Protection Program, a secret organization, funded by royal families, that looks after endangered princesses. She gets taken under the wing of Mason, an agent in the PPP from rural Louisiana, and his daughter Carter (Selena Gomez), an insecure tomboy who works at the local bait shop, and wishes of going to the school dance with her crush Donny, the school hunk. In becoming a normal teenager, Rosalinda takes up the name Rosie and very soon she becomes popular at school, which Carter must learn to handle. Although through the ups and downs, the two form a tight bond, with Carter teaching Rosie to become a normal American girl, and Rosie helping Carter to find her inner princess.

Airs:
May 20, 2009 (France)
May 29, 2009 (Germany)
June 8, 2009 (Italy)
June 13, 2009 (Spain)
June 19, 2009 (United Kingdom)
June 20, 2009 (Poland)
June 26, 2009 (USA & Canada) on Disney Channel at 8pm.
July 18, 2009 (The Netherlands)

DVD Release June 30th 2009 in USA.

Getting alot of International Buzz and looks Better than "Princess", Which I fell asleep like a hour into it.

Actually, I am also looking forward on watching this movie. I heard this from my little sister who knows all the latest news of the Disney kids. At first I thought Selena Gomez was the princess. What's the movie "Princess". Haven't heard this one yet..

Can't wait to watch it! Heard it from my dauther (hmm...seems to me she is hooked up on royalty too=) Not sure about Demi look good in "princess look", we prefer Selena=)!

I feel sure my soon to be 7 year old will make me sleep through, I mean watch it, when it comes to NY.

I don't know if this movie is gonna be good i'm not a huge fan of Demi Lavato and Selena Gomez.

A realistic Princess Diaries

Would anyone like a film like The Princess Diaries but told in a realistic way ? A well written childrens film about what it would really take to be a princess . I think it could be good if they spend enough money on it. Tiaras and pretty frocks foe kids and real palace protocol for adults

Princess Diaries

I've only seen the movies of these but how much of the royal parts of the books is true to life ? Is the training to be a princess the same kind of things women marrying princes learn ?

I've only seen the movies of these but how much of the royal parts of the books is true to life ? Is the training to be a princess the same kind of things women marrying princes learn ?

The books are very different to the movies. I have all ten of them and they are very un-realistic. The film's are much better. As for the princess training, I believe the etiquette, manners and speech that Princess Mia recieves in the first film would probably be quite similar to what Princess Mary, Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde and Mette-Marit were taught according to each country. :flowers:

Films like that are a very handy insight into life for royalty. :lol:

I actually found the books (I've only read the first 3 or so) more realistic in terms of titles and order of succession. Genovia is very much based on Monaco in the books. One of Mia's family names is Grimaldi. It is principality and Mia's situation is based on Jazmin Grace (Prince Albert's illegitimate daughter) and her adoption echos Princess Charlotte's.

The movie changes Genovia into a kingdom and messes up succession protocol. Some how the Queen Mother (Julie Andrews) becames Queen Regnant (not regent) and Mia is only made a Princess (even though her father is dead) and not allowed to be crowned Queen until she is ready/married (according to the earlier law).
Also, I found the movie weird because they had royals wearing tiaras in the daytime with day suits.

I'd love a movie like the Princess Diaries that wasc a family movie about what it's really like to be a princess. But they don't seem to spend the money on those kind of things and they allways look cheap

HRH princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia told that she is going to make a film about her father HRH prince-regent Paul of Yugoslavia. In the main roll: Catherine Oxenberg (daughter of princess E), she is an acctres in USA.... It's going to be beautiful, but, money, money, money.....xex.... They will make it in the "white palace" in Belgrade, and in some studios in USA....

btw. "THE QUEEN" is the best! my favourite.....:)))

i never sa the movie about diana, what is the name?

There are many movies on Diana but I suppose the one you're thinking about is The Queen. It's by far the most well-known movie based on her death and the reaction that followed.

Live action Princesses

There seem to be a couple of Princess movies in the last couple of years like The Prince and Me and The Princess Diaries . But I noticed that those seem to be the first family live action princess movies. Disney who made a lot of family movies only made cartoons about princesses never live action. Anyone know why this seems to be the case ?

Has anybody seen the movie about prince rudolf of austria? The Crown Prince! which starred Max von thun. Ive read that the lead actor is somehow related to prince rudolf!

I have shelved several books in the library I work in by an author who writes about several generations from Tudor times to Queen Victoria. Her last name begins with a P and I cannot remember the full name.

pgm1952 said:
I have shelved several books in the library I work in by an author who writes about several generations from Tudor times to Queen Victoria. Her last name begins with a P and I cannot remember the full name.

Her name is Plaidy, I checked at my library and she has written numerous books on British royals.

Back
Top Bottom