Royalty and Reality TV

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Von Schlesian said:
Yes Her Serene Highness is very attractive. I doubt that Paul is really familliar with European styles, or if he is, he doesn't want to go through it all with the girls just yet, (instructing them in manners has so far been at the top of their lists). But Serene Highness is not a British style, and therefore, he is probably just addressing her in the same way he would a British Princess of the same descent (although they would probably have an alternative style and title).

How true Von Schlesian ;)

"MII"

Australian said:
I am very surprised that REAL royalty would endorse this sort of show!

Yes, I have to admit that I find it a tad odd that any royal would partake in such a corney TV show that I cant seem to stop watching.lol.

I am of the understanding that Princess Tamara is more of the "social butterlfy" kinda gal, who just happens to have the lineage and the title. And with looks like that, why would'nt you?

"MII"

P.S Quite a pretty little tiara HSH was wearing too.

When Melissa read out the envelope saying who their guest would be, it said "Princess Tamara Borbon" and that was it. Can she be referred to in that manner, or is it a lapse on the part of the (ignorant) show?

Danielle said:
The Princess in tonight’s episode is Princess Tamara Czartoryski-Borbon.

She showed up on the US version just like Catherine Oxenberg (or is it Oxenburg?). Catherine was in the 1st ep & Princess Tamara was later on (I think they were in England when she showed up)

Last edited:
Danielle said:
When Melissa read out the envelope saying who their guest would be, it said "Princess Tamara Borbon" and that was it. Can she be referred to in that manner, or is it a lapse on the part of the (ignorant) show?

Good Morning Danielle;
No, Her Serene Highness cannot really be referred to as 'Princess Tamara Borbon', as her father is not a 'Borbon' Prince. He is a member of the Czartoryski and Borbon families, but just because one is reigning and one isn't, doesn't mean that the reigning family name is substituted.

Also, i'm not too sure that the student (having just consumed lambs brains), would have been able to pronounce 'Czartoryski':)

Australian said:
I am very surprised that REAL royalty would endorse this sort of show!
It's work. Do the job, get paid, have a nice little holiday in Australia, go back home with a bit more money in the bank. Money for jam.

i know, she was the only 'real' one in my opinion. What happened to the girl with the squeeky voice? has she gone? because i didnt see her last night

Australian said:
i know, she was the only 'real' one in my opinion. What happened to the girl with the squeeky voice? has she gone? because i didnt see her last night
I was kind of sad Zena went, but she didn't take things seriously, and she acted a little 'dumb' sometimes. Australian, remember that Melissa (squeaky-voiced girl) had her hair cut last week, so maybe you didn't recognise her. I really loved the gown she wore for the dinner with Princess Tamara last week.

yeah thats right, wow shes done a whole new turn around!

Well, Laura Mae has departed 'the castle', and is no longer in the running for 'Australian Princess'. Although they all complain far too much about the criticism they recieve, I did rather like Laura Mae. She seemed to have a certain soft, goldern age of hollywood type quality about her (in addition to being from Melbourne).

Not to worry, I'm sure the rest of the series shall be far more interesting, as they'll be in Britain.

I'm glad Laura D. has gone. She should have gone out weeks ago! Everything about her annoys me, and it doesn't matter if she colours her hair - her (dull) personality remains unchanged.

I really think Wendy is making a really good go at everything, but I think the other contestants are getting angry she's had the reward every week (even if she didn't win, she still has gone).

Abby. Eh! She's bossy and rude, and doesn't like being told what to do. She needs to start listening to other people's opinions.

I think Melissa is sweet, and I'm really annoyed by the judges complaining about her being too quiet. I understand how frustrating it is when you try to be 'loud' and it's just not good enough!

I'm really happy to hear that Laura K. has decided to ditch her stripper-ways and has learnt it wasn't the best career to be involved in. Good on her! It takes a lot of strength to realise ones mistakes.

I loved how Ally used a quote from Paul's book to prove her case in regard to serving sticky pudding. Do you think they were all given a copy as their Princess-Bible? I object to the fact that our winter is not cold enough to serve pudding! Darn it, we eat it in the middle of summer! Next week should be interesting. More harsh judges. Oh, and this 'guest-of-honour'; it's ironic she complained about the garments of the girls when she had some god-awful foliage sticking out of her head. Ooh, harsh.

I'm wondering why the 'Princesses' ( :rolleyes: ) are only taught about the British Royal Family?! I understand we are a Constitutional Monarchy, but being a princess also means being well-informed of the practices of other nations and/or monarchies. Seems strange to me.

Australian said:
the whole show seems strange to me :eek:
Yes, there is something bizarre about the show. I think they are taking wanting to be a Princess a little too far. And did you hear them screaming and shouting when they were told they were going to England? :eek: Okay, I would be very excited too, and probably would express some happy emotions, but if they are on this show and wish to be crowned "Princesses", should they squeal and cry like school-girls? Would Crown Princess Mary or Queen Elizabeth II do it? I think not! I'm being very harsh on them today. Wrath of Danielle! :p

Last edited:
haha Danielle, should they be scared? lol

I havent seen tonights episode yet, it starts in a few mins. Is it worth watching it?

lmfao this show is hilarious - all the antics and get ups...bwuhahahaha honestly some of the stuff they have to do and know are ridiculous and hilarious! & those judges i forget their name but particular the old woman talk big about having humility yet they seem so lacking in it! x)

Danielle said:
Yes, there is something bizarre about the show. I think they are taking wanting to be a Princess a little too far. And did you hear them screaming and shouting when they were told they were going to England? :eek: Okay, I would be very excited too, and probably would express some happy emotions, but if they are on this show and wish to be crowned "Princesses", should they squeal and cry like school-girls? Would Crown Princess Mary or Queen Elizabeth II do it? I think not! I'm being very harsh on them today. Wrath of Danielle! :p

So Danielle.....how do you really feel? :D;)

Australian said:
the whole show seems strange to me :eek:

Well, firstly in order to actually watch the program, I had to convince myself that (as the rest of us who are informed about monarchy and Royal families know), that there is no real title, or Royal rewards on offer. Just a competition around the theme of a Royal family.

Danielle, there is FAR more that has so far consumed the 'Princess' training than teaching them about the workings of government (they probably don't even know about ours, as well as members of foreign Royal families do), and other Royal families. While I would consider such training essential for a real Princess, we are in no way dealing with real Princesses in this program. I enjoy it mainly for the fault-picking, and incase anyone delights me by getting things (such as styles), correct.

I bet Paul didn't even recognise (or identify), the Medal of the Order of Australia pin worn by Diana Fisher. Britain has no equivalent lapel pins for their Orders, other than the Most Venerable Order of St. John of Jerusalem and as such he probably didn't realise what it was.

Having viewed this evenings episode I could'nt help but see just how bitchy they all are (to be expected of course).

I must say I found that Lady Benton-Jones's comment about "Pushy Princess 2" to be rather surprising. I doubt that Her Ladyship would have thought that anyone in Australia would have known she was referring to HRH Princess Michael of Kent as being No.1.lol.

Personally, I do hope Wendy wins and if not, make Jackie O the Australian Princess. That women is gorgeous! To bad she is already married to an englishmen.

"MII"

I thought it hit rock bottom when the odious James Whittaker was introduced as a judge. Ugh.

Warren said:
I thought it hit rock bottom when the odious James Whittaker was introduced as a judge. Ugh.
HA!:D

Well, I think Paul summed up Laura's behaviour quite well - she was flirting for all of Britain!!
I'm tired of Abbey's potent "I'm more mature than the rest" attitude, and the men just pushed her over the edge.

I REALLY get sike and tired of Ally constantly questioning 'who cares about [insert anything not to do with surfing]???', one of the first lessons they should have learned is that establishments, and the rules regarding them, are not there to be questioned. I have lost my patience with her attitude.

I don't think the competition really lost very much through Melissa's departure. She never made an impression, except she was the only one not to do so. She's lovely, but as Wendy pointed out 'she's on planet Melissa'.

And Wendy herself, well the banned 'Queen Astrid', would be quite pleased with her 'normal' looks, and 'plainness'. But I think she has great integrity, and her country-farmer ways aside, has tried very hard.

I thought tonight's episode was all about 'snagging a guy' and I just could not stop laughing. And Melissa. What was with her giggling at Henry or whatever his name was? And Laura? She seems to like stealing everyone else's men. She must have a lot of practice. I loved what Abby called her. :D Next week the claws will be out again, it seems. Never thought it would get this interesting. I didn't mind James. He seemed very sweet.

Last edited:
Von Schlesian said:
I REALLY get sike and tired of Ally constantly questioning 'who cares about [insert anything not to do with surfing]???', one of the first lessons they should have learned is that establishments, and the rules regarding them, are not there to be questioned. I have lost my patience with her attitude.
Ugh, I share your sentiments. If I hear her, her bad accent, her facial expressions and her "it's s***" again, I think I will scream. And she was whining about why people would want to become a butler; that's their choice. People may think the same thing of surfing all day!

Danielle said:
And she was whining about why people would want to become a butler; that's their choice. People may think the same thing of surfing all day!

Exactly right Danielle!!

Danielle said:
And she was whining about why people would want to become a butler; that's their choice. People may think the same thing of surfing all day!

Excellent Danielle. Very true. I'm sure I know which vocation you or I would choose from those two!

I don't know why Paul and the rest expect these girls to know everything about the English royal family and when they get such trivial questions wrong, the feel like they are ridiculed. It is Australia, not Britain and these girls are not expected to already know from the top of their heads the British history. C'MON! what a farce of a show!

but yet entertaining. :)

It seems like Abby is on the verge of a breakdown. Shes becoming more snappy now lol. I liked what she said about Jean being one of those people causing young people to become anerexic.

Abby's just realised that she's older, less exciting, and less appealing to Harry than the 'Saucy [you know what Diana Fisher OAM said),' who was sent home at the end of the episode. As far as the show being a farce because of what is expected of them, set the bar high, and achieve results. The experts need to scare the girls into learning, that way the knowledge is more thorough. It was agonising to see Laura try and speak for three minutes. And has there been a single situation since she got to Britain where she didn't mention she'd been 'basically stripping for a year and a half'?!
Ahh well, not to worry. She was never a princess (not that any of them are), but Wendy would be the best example of an Australian Princess.

I just saw the final and was very happy with the outcome. I swear, I think I would faint if I had to walk into a room with everyone staring at me AND give a speech. Eh! I’m glad Abby wasn’t one of the final two. Ally and Wendy have become really good friends, and it didn’t matter which one won – they both would be happy anyway. Prince Marek. What can I say? Sigh! I loved how right at the end they had ‘informal’ dancing. I couldn’t stop laughing. And Paul crying; that was really sweet. I must say that I have really enjoyed watching this show over the past few weeks. It’s given me a laugh and something to talk about. Oh, and on a fashion-note; I did not like Abby’s dress for the ball (even though she didn’t get to go). It looked like some horrible thing resurrected from the ‘80s (well, the sleeves did at least).

Back
Top Bottom