Royal Wedding Videos and DVDs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted to see Maxima's wedding. I might get this. :)

Will the previous DVD on the wedding be re-released as well? I tried to get it from Amazon but there were no results on it...

gorty4 said:
Hi !

here : Proxy.nl http://oas2000.proxis.be/gate/jabba.homepage.ch_session?sesid=86995661&lang=3&curr=EUR&ctry=3

This site is in french, english and dutch.

Just write Sprookjespaar in beeld (Title of the official's DVD)in the search and find space.

Please note that the DVD is not zone 2 (as indicated) but zone 0 (zone free).

Hope that will help.

Gorty4

I also found it on bol.com ...

http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/nl/-/EUR/BOL_DisplayProductInformation-Start?BOL_OWNER_ID=1002004000076945&Section=VIDEO&lgl=1&plid=5AWR5LdR%2etMAAAEQw1e_UlDZ&lgl_BOL_OWNER_ID=1&lgl_Section=1

Question: When you say it's zone "0", are you referring to the one sold by proxis.nl or the DVD in general is zone 0?? Thanks in advance gorty4! :)

:bang: :mad: :sad: Unfortunately it says it's Zone 2 so it wouldn't play on my unit here in the States. Does anyone know of a NTSC version that would play in American machines?

it says it's Zone 2, but in fact it's Zone 0 (at least my copy). So you can play it worldwide. The only thing that you need this a DVD players which supports PAL system. The majority of the DVD players can read both (NTSC / PAL).

The DVD players that you buy are made to play only the DVDs that are being sold where you live. DVDs made for other regions will not play on your DVD player. If you live in North America (Zone 1), you cannot play DVDs purchased in Europe (Zone 2).

Zone 1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories
Zone 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)
Zone 3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)
Zone 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean
Zone 5: Eastern Europe (former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
Zone 6: China

but if the DVD is Zone 0 it says you can play it worldwide.

Thanks gorty4,

I will take the risk and buy it when I come to the Netherlands...!!

Thanks again for the info.

Does it count if you have a multizone DVD player?

I want this DVD!! All I know is that is gonna be seld only in the Netherlands!! when is gonna came to latin america??? (maybe the answer:never ToT)

Is there a DVD of Charles and Diana's wedding?

I've often wondered, since the event, if their wedding was ever immortalized on home video or DVD. If it was, I should like to know where it can be found.

Kathy G.

There are a few VHS tapes available second-hand at an exorbitant price at Amazon. Your best bet is probably eBay. I don't know if it ever came out on DVD.

Unfortunately, bidding can result in exorbitant prices as well. I have no desire to take part in an auction. Are there any feasible alternatives?

Not that I know of. Half.com doesn't seem to have anything.

You can get a copy of a shortened version second-hand for about $20 at amazon.co.uk, but you'd probably have to get it converted so it can be read by an NTSC player (assuming you don't have a player that can play PAL tapes). I've done that before with tapes that could only be found in the UK; I think it costs $30 or $40. None of the Marketplace sellers over there seem to be offering the original long version.

Last edited:
I see. What a shame--I would have welcomed the chance to see that wedding again in its entirety. Converting to an American VHS format is probably pretty expensive, too. Oh, well, thanks for info.

On channel WE they showed Charles and Diana's wedding. They might show it again on her birthday or on the 10 anniversary of her death.

WE stands for Woman's Entertainment. Its a female t.v. station. You can probably check your local listings to find out what channel its on.

Oh. Thanks. Unless it's on Time Warner Cable, though, I probably can't get it.

Don't worry it is I have cable also. Here in N.Y. it is on channel 42.

Unfortunately, the broadcast on WE is more a program ABOUT the wedding, with portions of it, etc. It's not the full re-showing of the event as broadcast on the day.

Just a reminder that this forum isn't a venue for people to offer to buy, sell, or trade merchandise, and it certainly isn't a venue for people to offer or request actions which break the US copyright law. I've deleted a couple of posts because of this.

Elspeth

Royal Library moderator

Mathilde and Philippe wedding DVD

Hello,

I'm looking to add this wedding DVD to my collection. Can anyone direct me to a website that sells it (preferably in english)? Thanks. :flowers:

Wonderfull DVD box with 18.5 hours of footage on 6 dvd's.I got my copy last friday.Even if you don't understand dutch,to watch it all is just worthwhile still.(And no,I get nothing from it,just bringing this wonderfull footage for your consideration).

Part 1:Juliana:just exceptional,including footage of Queen Wilhelmina's Inthronisation in 1898.

Part 2:prince Bernhard,the Prince with the white carnation.

Part 3:Beatrix,25 Crown years 1980 - 2005.

Part 4:prince Claus,1926 - 2002.(Wonderfull,and very moving to watch this very much missed man)

Part 5:A fairy-tale couple & Catharina-Amalia.

Part 6:Five years after the tear.(On Alexander & Máxima,their life and work)

It's easy to order,and also,the dvd's are easy to use,on both sides of the Atlantic,Asia or the Pacific...;)

Enjoy!
:flowers:

dvd het koningshuis

or try :

bol.com, de grootste mediawinkel van Nederland | Welkom

Last edited:
I have the Wedding DVD of Willem Alexander and Maxima at home, it is really nice to watch. I would like to know, from whom the last song is. It is a wonderful song!
Thanks in Advance for any answer!

You mean what is played when the couple leaves the church? It is the Hallelujah from the Messiah by G.F. Handel.

lucien, can you explain me how to get this collection?
I tried but it's in Dutch and I can't very well understand it... also I think it's only for Holland. :(

Back
Top Bottom