The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Netflix Docu-Series of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (2022)

The docu-series that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made with the US streaming platform Netflix will be released on December 8th [to be confirmed].

The title has not been announced yet. We will include it in the title of this thread once it is known.

Article from the International Business Times, here.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are we even sure this is coming on December 8th? It's still not listed in any of Netflix's "coming in December" release dates, there is no trailer and no official press release from Netflix. And as you say, not even a name.

It seems strange that such a potentially big and controversial series doesn't even have a trailer a week out from its alleged release.

Perhaps we are looking at another case where the Sussexes release news or a statement hoping to persuade the other party into doing what they want ala January 2020.

I'm not saying that is the case, for all I know they'll drop a trailer tonight or even drop it sight unseen December the 8th or around that time but they don't usually hide high profile or controversial projects. Quite the opposite.

Still whenever it eventually appears it will be interesting to see if they did make edits post the death of HM.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:29 PM
Nobility

My local morning show just announced the show is coming on December 8th. That doesn't mean the date is right, but the 'news' is obviously now circulating through mainstream press.

If it is coming on the 8th, the lack of a trailer is strange. Has Netflix washed its hands of the series, or are they so sure of its success, they don't want to share anything in advance?

Time will answer all of our questions
Old 11-29-2022, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sionevar View Post
My local morning show just announced the show is coming on December 8th. That doesn't mean the date is right, but the 'news' is obviously now circulating through mainstream press.

If it is coming on the 8th, the lack of a trailer is strange. Has Netflix washed its hands of the series, or are they so sure of its success, they don't want to share anything in advance?

Oh yes, it's everywhere and I'm not saying that it won't happen on the 8th, far from it, but it's strange that it's in many mainstream places *except* Netflix, which hasn't even officially acknowledged that there is any such thing as a Sussex reality show/docu-series. A lot of the articles seem to acknowledge vague "industry insiders" or even just the Page Six report with no new info.

Yes, time will tell and it will surely drop at some point. I'm sure it will prove worthy of discussion.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Great, if released on 8th Dec it will be forgotten about by Christmas Day and we can all move on.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Nobility

The fact that Netflix has neither confirmed nor denied the date makes me wonder if it's definitely about to be released, but they don't want to give the date too far in advance, because they know the date is controversial e.g. this coming Friday, when William and Kate are due to host the Earthshot prize in Boston.

I try to steer away from tinfoil hat thinking, but in this case, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:09 PM
Courtier

I wouldnít be surprised at the lack of trailers. Netflix often donít. I mean it was always set to come in a DecemberÖso we heard.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sionevar View Post

It sure seems odd to me that Netflix hasnít even bothered to confirm a release date if it is indeed coming out. Indeed: are they over the series- or that sure of success?

Meghan has already pointedly distanced herself and Harry from this project. If it comes out, itíll be interesting if we can tell why she did.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:48 AM
Royal Highness

The fact that they are not doing the usual trailers, announcements etc are now making the programme a talking point. They do not need to pay for publicity the public and media are doing it for them.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:16 AM
Administrator

The trailer for the Netflix docu-series was released today, December 1:

** trailer on twitter **

Old 12-01-2022, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Netflix says Harry & Meghan will see the Duke and Duchess of Sussex “share the other side of their high-profile love story.”, adding: “Across six episodes, the series explores the clandestine days of their early courtship and the challenges that led to them feeling forced to step back from their full-time roles in the institution.”

https://deadline.com/video/harry-and...at-doc-series/
Old 12-01-2022, 09:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Netflix says Harry & Meghan will see the Duke and Duchess of Sussex “share the other side of their high-profile love story.”, adding: “Across six episodes, the series explores the clandestine days of their early courtship and the challenges that led to them feeling forced to step back from their full-time roles in the institution.”

https://deadline.com/video/harry-and...at-doc-series/

I am curious to know how the documentary will argue that they were "forced to step back". Maybe it is not intentional, but "forced" implies to me that they had to do something against their will.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am curious to know how the documentary will argue that they were "forced to step back". Maybe it is not intentional, but "forced" implies to me that they had to do something against their will.

I am curious about that use of the word "forced" as I was under the impression from the Sussexes' own words from their January 2020 statement that the decision to step back from royal duties was their choice.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pathetic.
Of course now they have to deliver on all the dirt, 'their side of the story', being assured that the RF will not hit back.
I do hope that the story has then been told to death and the interest will fade.
What actors they both are.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

Just saw the Trailer clip of the Harry and Megan Documentary, coincidentally released on the first full day of William and Kate's Boston Visit.
Have to say the pretension level in the video is off the charts. Harry saying he had to "protect" his family and apparently a snap of Meghan curled up weeping. Was she re-enacting a previous experience ?
Meghan actually says this " When the STAKES ARE SO HIGH, doesn't it make more sense to hear our story from us ? "

What stakes ? How important do you two think you are ? And why ?

You were the then grandson and wife of Great Britain's Queen not an heir. But a very, very popular Prince who after OR before marriage The Sussex's decided they wanted to combine Senior Royal Working Duties with the ability to Work privately on commercial ventures. Without oversight.
You were told that was not an option and given a WHOLE year to mull it over to decide how you wanted to proceed. You decided to quit and go commercial.
And public.
Speaking non stop about being Victims of the Royal Family by being supposedly marginalized and ignored. With Meghan claiming she was suicidal while pregnant with Archie.
With the damning Racism angle thrown in to really muddy the water. But you both refuse to explain the comment in detail or context about Archie and his skin tone. And to complicate matters further, Harry says it was one conversation before they married, while Meghan insists it was several conversations while She was pregnant.
IF the Family was so unfeeling and the institution so toxic why did you want to be even part time working members ? Will that be addressed next week.

I'm literally disgusted by this. Before I was just disappointed and loved reading the different opinions and commentary on "Megxit".
Now I truly believe The Sussex's and their supporters DO want to bring down The Royal Family. Totally demeaned as damned and as out of touch. Not a purpose in todays world. Toxic and irrelevant.
Never thought I'd have believed it, but events of the last 48 hours increasingly make me believe that.

And the STAKES, are setting Meghan and Harry themselves up as Global Superstars. Political, social and cultural from their 'Court' in Montecito.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The first images from the Harry and Meghan documentary.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_in...ental-netflix/
Old 12-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articl...an-documentary

At its core, their relationship looks like many others: They met, had a whirlwind romance, fell in love, got married, had children, and built a life based on shared values and mutual support of each other’s work and ambitions. But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are no ordinary couple. Theirs is one of the most high-profile love stories in history, and even the most plugged-in fans and followers of their story have never heard it told like this before.

Harry & Meghan is an unprecedented six-part documentary series that explores the span of their relationship, from the early days of the couple’s courtship to the challenges and controversies that prompted them to step back from the royal family. The series includes interviews with family and friends who’ve never spoken publicly about the couple’s relationship before, as well as historians and journalists who dissect how media influenced Harry and Meghan’s relationship with the royal family and the Commonwealth at large.

Coming soon on Netflix, Harry & Meghan is directed by two-time Academy Award–nominated and Emmy-winning director Liz Garbus, with executive producers Erica Sashin, Mark Monroe, Dan Cogan, Ben Browning, Chanel Pysnik, Jon Bardin, Mala Chapple and Angus Wall.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granada View Post
Just saw the Trailer clip of the Harry and Megan Documentary, coincidentally released on the first full day of William and Kate's Boston Visit.
Have to say the pretension level in the video is off the charts. Harry saying he had to "protect" his family and apparently a snap of Meghan curled up weeping. Was she re-enacting a previous experience ?
Meghan actually says this " When the STAKES ARE SO HIGH, doesn't it make more sense to hear our story from us ".

What stakes ? How important do you two think you are ? And why ?

You were the then grandson and wife of Great Britain's Queen not an heir. But a very, very popular Prince who after OR before marriage The Sussex's decided they wanted to combine Senior Royal Working Duties with the ability to Work privately on commercial ventures. Without oversight.
You were told that was not an option and given a WHOLE year to mull it over to decide how you wanted to proceed. You decided to quit and go commercial.
And public.
Speaking non stop about being Victims of the Royal Family by being supposedly marginalized and ignored. With Meghan claiming she was suicidal while pregnant with Archie.
With the damning Racism angle thrown in to really muddy the water. But you both refuse to explain the comment in detail or context about Archie and his skin tone. And to complicate matters further, Harry says it was one conversation before they married, while Meghan insists it was several conversations while She was pregnant.
IF the Family was so unfeeling and the institution so toxic why did you want to be even part timeworking members ? Will that be addressed next week.

I'm literally disgusted by this. Before I was just disappointed and loved reading the different opinions and commentary on "Megxit".
Now I truly believe The Sussex's and their supporters DO want to bring down The Royal Family. Totally demeaned as damned and as out of touch. Not a purpose in todays world. Toxic and irrelevant.
Never thought I'd have believed it, but events of the last 48 hours increasingly make me believe that.

And the STAKES, are setting Meghan and Harry themselves up as Global Superstars. Political, social and cultural from their 'Court' in Montecito.
I totally agree with you!
Old 12-01-2022, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articl...an-documentary

At its core, their relationship looks like many others: They met, had a whirlwind romance, fell in love, got married, had children, and built a life based on shared values and mutual support of each other’s work and ambitions. But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are no ordinary couple. Theirs is one of the most high-profile love stories in history, and even the most plugged-in fans and followers of their story have never heard it told like this before.

Harry & Meghan is an unprecedented six-part documentary series that explores the span of their relationship, from the early days of the couple’s courtship to the challenges and controversies that prompted them to step back from the royal family. The series includes interviews with family and friends who’ve never spoken publicly about the couple’s relationship before, as well as historians and journalists who dissect how media influenced Harry and Meghan’s relationship with the royal family and the Commonwealth at large.

Coming soon on Netflix, Harry & Meghan is directed by two-time Academy Award–nominated and Emmy-winning director Liz Garbus, with executive producers Erica Sashin, Mark Monroe, Dan Cogan, Ben Browning, Chanel Pysnik, Jon Bardin, Mala Chapple and Angus Wall.

Based upon this description the series seems pretty tame. So why are the Sussexes trying to distance themselves from it?

Meghan's remarks from the Variety interview.

Quote:
What can we expect from Liz Garbus’ docuseries on you and your husband?
It’s nice to be able to trust someone with our story — a seasoned director whose work I’ve long admired — even if it means it may not be the way we would have told it. But that’s not why we’re telling it. We’re trusting our story to someone else, and that means it will go through their lens.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:04 PM
Aristocracy

Yikes....they really ARE full of themselves, downright delusional, if they actually believe that they "are no ordinary couple, theirs is one of the most high profile love stories IN HISTORY".
This Series and the Book will be very, very damaging to Harry's Family. Too elevate the Sussex Brand, they are seeking to diminish and neutralize The Windsor Family and The Monarchy.
I really feel for Charles, William, The institution of The Monarchy in the UK AND the extended Family. The Sussex's have declared War on them.
Closed Thread