Movies & TV Programmes About Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking about the photo that was released in the Italian tabloid magazine?

The ring that was displayed at Harrod's in the Dodi/Diana memorial. Dome shape with the East/West set emerald cut solitaire and 4 trillions, outlined by yellow gold to form a star; with the addition of a prong set mass of smaller diamonds surrounding the focal stones and going more than halfway down the ring's shank.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I ment the photo of Diana dying.
Though it is news to me that the ring Dodi wanted to give her could not be resized.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ring that was displayed at Harrod's in the Dodi/Diana memorial. Dome shape with the East/West set emerald cut solitaire and 4 trillions, outlined by yellow gold to form a star; with the addition of a prong set mass of smaller diamonds surrounding the focal stones and going more than halfway down the ring's shank.

KittyAtlanta, I had forgotten about the design of the "engagement" ring . I had always thought that it had been custom made ,and would have ,therefore fitted Diana perfectly.
As you say it would have to have been re-made if it didn't fit.
I shall have to make a note of the Padget report and read it when I have more time. :flowers:

I'm sorry I ment the photo of Diana dying.

Though it is news to me that the ring Dodi wanted to give her could not be resized.

Most rings are sizable, i.e., like Kate's ring or a solitaire that has a couple of baguettes. However, when there are lots of little diamonds going down the sides of a ring, the little stones on the sides would pop out of their prongs when the gold was heated up and bent into size. Not general knowledge, unless one is a jeweler.

About the surveillance: maybe it's not true, but we keep reading in the press here that England has invested in a very large number of cameras to watch roads. California and other mainland states in the U.S. are moving in that direction too. We certainly have surveillance on the campus roads and parking lots of the schools here, and the major hotels have surveillance all along the streets leading into the resort areas. But that is now - not 1997, these changes have been in the past 5 years (just always think of Europe being ahead of us, I guess).

On a different topic - usually the Daily Mail doesn't inspire me much, but this article about the documentary has made me change my mind - unless someone in my family is bent on seeing it, I won't be watching it:

Princess Diana death film Unlawful Killing: Just unlawfully dull | Mail Online

The film shows no new pictures of Diana's accident.

i looked for the picture and all i could find was the same one that went around when she first died. i always took that to be a fake and a poor one at that....

rethinking, i dont want to see the picture.

I think that it was in the Repossi catalogue.

I had forgotten about the design of the "engagement" ring . I had always thought that it had been custom made ,and would have ,therefore fitted Diana perfectly.

I'm actually disgusted at Entertainment Canada and Entertainment Tonight they both showed that awful photo with no disclaimer what so ever! I've seen it before on Witness' in the Tunnel but it caught me off guard and I was horrified!

The photo isn't new it's the same one from the Italian magazine published back in 2006 also the same one shown in the documentary The Witness' in the Tunnel.I know cause ET and ET Canada aired it (without a disclaimed thank you very much nearly gave me a heart attack) Also if anyone wants to refresh their mind the inquest website is still up to read transcripts. I know the one bethaliz is talking about I've seen it too that one does look fake. I had also seen back in 2007 4 other photos on the net one which was badly pixelated but it looked like Diana lying on the floor of the Mercedes not sure if it was real or not. it totally traumatized me I try to avoid the photos since then
[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Mr Dodi Al Fayed

There is a great channel on youtube called,Iloveprincessdiana36.There are also cute videos of her kids.

The Princess Of Wales At 30 Special Programme

The Princess Of Wales At 30 - YouTube

A special programme made to celebrate Princess Diana's 30th birthday on July 1st 1991.

I think this special was very well put together and I think it truly showed how Diana grew from a royal newcomer to a professional and well established Princess of Wales.

^^^^^
Well it is at least considered Diana's version of the truth.

If it is Diana's version, then it is not at all the truth. I often wonder how such an innocent-looking woman could turn so manipulative. I dont understand why people keep bringing the ghost of past again and again. Maybe it is just to satisfy an instinct in ourselves, searching for a supposedly innocent, poor, helpless victim, whom we can shower our sympathies on, and become protectors boost our self-esteem..

Diana: Portrait of a Princess

I ran across an old documentary about Diana called, "Diana: Portrait of a Princess"

I was struck at how crazy and out of control the media was...I've not seen them act like this with anyone else I can recall....unreal.

I hope they don't start that with her sons and their families.

LaRae

The media was too out of control when it came down to Diana. She tried her best to turn the attention off of her private life and on to her charities.

The media was too out of control when it came down to Diana. She tried her best to turn the attention off of her private life and on to her charities.

I don't know if that statement is necessarily true. I think it probably was at certain points, but at other points, she cooperated with the media to get her side of the story out and it's been reported that she obsessively followed her own coverage.

I think it was a combination of the media being out of control and Diana fanning the flames, personally.

Agreed. Plus there was the big tabloid circulation war that began around 1980, just when Diana arrived on the scene. Any girlfriend of the Prince of Wales would have been pursued relentlessly; but Diana had the additional attractions of being very pretty, well-spoken, and pleasant to the photographers. People loved to see pictures of her. My own feeling is that Diana didn't really start to use the media in a sophisticated way until the mid-80s, when her marriage was over in all but name.

I think it was a combination of the media being out of control and Diana fanning the flames, personally.

True, but I think she got fed up with the situation in her private lie and decided to let the world know what was really going on.

I got Diana with Naomi Watts yesterday. Best Diana film I've ever seen.

I too felt that this was an excellent film.
I watched it as part of a small cinema audience of ladies around my age and each of us had silent tears by the end.
The actress was good enough that I forgot she was playing a part and was able to be swept along in the events portrayed, to their melancholy conclusion.

The Secrets Of Princess Diana.

Princess Diana - The Witnesses in the Tunnel.

Last edited:
Diana: The Truth Behind the Interview

The Daily Mail has release an article on Diana, Princess of Wales ahead of the Channel 4's broadcast of the documentary, particularly on the Panorama interview.

Princess Diana said Charles should stand aside to let William succeed the Queen and described their marriage as 'hell from day one' weeks before bombshell Panorama interview
  • New documentary reveals Diana thought her husband should 'stand aside'
  • She made plain her 'hatred' for Charles and described their marriage as 'hell'
  • Details only emerged 25 years later as Max Hastings declined to publish them
  • Diana: The Truth Behind the Interview is on Channel 4 tomorrow at 9pm
By Paul Revoir Media Editor for the Daily Mail
Published: 10:06 AEDT, 20 October 2020 | Updated: 18:31 AEDT, 20 October 2020
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...harles-stand-aside-William-succeed-Queen.html

Tatler has also released an article ahead of this Channel 4's documentary, which marks the 25th anniversary of the Panorama interview

Why Princess Diana’s famous Panorama appearance wasn’t the first attempt to speak up about her marital discontent
In a show to mark 25 years of Panorama, Sir Max Hastings – then editor of the Telegraph – revealed that Diana, Princess of Wales first approached him with the story
https://www.tatler.com/article/prin...nths-before-panorama-max-hastings-documentary

Edit: I have included the Tatler article.

Last edited:
Phil Dampier (Royal Reporter and Journalist for 34 years) did an interview with Camilla Tominey in The Telegraph. He posted a screenshot (on twitter) of the newspaper, written by Camilla Tominey. This article in the beginning also mentioned about the documentary, Diana: The Truth Behind the Interview

phil dampier @phildampier
I tell ⁦@CamillaTominey of the ⁦@Telegraph that Diana's #Panorama interview was a turning point. It convinced #TheQueen Charles and Diana had to divorce.
6:50 PM · Oct 21, 2020·Twitter for iPad​

Here is the link to the article (behind paywall):
Diana's Panorama interview marked ‘the beginning of the end’ for her place in the Royal family
This was her biggest mistake and the ties she lost then were the ones that could have ultimately saved her
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/panorama-interview-beginning-end-diana/

Nothing new there. Its clear that when Diana did that interview she pushed the queen to order a divorce, and then that meant Diana was no longer part of the RF...But it was her decision to NOT keep her RPOs that was fatal, literally

Picture from new Diana movie Spencer

I suppose this is where to put this - I looked for a media about the royals page and I couldn't find one. I don't know where they're putting the books.
Anyway

There's a new Diana movie coming out called Spencer. It stars Kristen Stewart as Diana and they've just released a picture from it. I thought people would like to see the picture.

https://ew.com/movies/kristen-stewart-princess-diana-photo-pablo-larrain-spencer/

Oh dear, this makes the crown look like a model of verisimilitude; the fact that they say she left Charles is the biggest red flag for me about this film, she didn’t leave him she was trying to have her cake and eat it - is Charles even in it?

[...]

My first thought was "Oh gawd... not another Diana movie". It sparks absolutely no interest in me and most likely won't bother to watch it. I get the feeling the movie is being made because of the upswing in interest in Diana due to the recent episodes of "The Crown". Those episodes were bad enough.

Back
Top Bottom