Movies & TV Programmes About Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello all,

Newbie here - People here who are members of the AP too? -

I have seen a few movies, and a bunch of documentaries, on Diana.
I didn't like "The Murder of Princess Diana", the plot was awfull and the only scene that was 'ok', was the actuall car-scene, and as for "Diana - Her True Story" and "Diana - The People's Princess", they both could have been much better with other actors and a better script, especially "The People's Princess". I found the actress in "Her True Story" a bit annoying and the hairstyle was not great either(but they tried, atleast.), but atleast they tried to give a correct version of the story. "The People's Princess" was ok, fine to see Diana's humanitarian side for once, bad script(especially the Dodi/Diana-relationship...), Amy Claire Seccombe tried to do her best as Diana, and she was moving at times. "Princess In Love" was worst of all, totally wrong actors and the plot could have been a bit better. However, there were some movies on Diana I actually found good. These would be: "Whatever Love Means", actually about Charless and Camilla, and "Last Days of a Princess", which tries to give a look at her last days(found this much better than "People's Princess"), here the actresses looked like the part and that really does 'lots. I have also seen the Queen, which I found quite good even though Diana is only seen briefly and through archival footage, Prince William, which starts with her death, and also the series The Queen, which has 5 episodes each about a seperate issue from The Queen's life, starting with the Affair of Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend(?) and ending with the marriage of Charles and Camilla. Diana is shown in one episode, and the actress has some resemblance to Diana, she is portrayed here as an unhappy woman who seeks a way to an ends, during the year of 1992. Also I have seen "The Biographer", which does not feature the Princess as a character though, which is about Andrew Morton and the period in which he wrote "Her True Story", however Diana is seen in archival footage and we can hear her voice from time to time, when Andrew Morton plays the tapes which he used to write the book. Also there is an actress playing her, but we never get to see her face, nor hear a voice... We just see she's about to make a phone call(if I remember correctly), and this would lead to the writing of the book eventually. Also it ties up the story nicely as the movie itself does end in Paris, August 31st 1997, with the car crash and a fitting quote from Diana which says "I knew my life would be a winding road."

However, a little request(do not shoot me here, if you please)....
Would anyone be willing to sell some copies of the next movies, or upload them somewhere? As they are so rare I would not be amazed many people would be glad to see these online.

The one's I'd like to get my hands on are:
Charles & Diana - A Royal Love Story
Charles & Diana - A Royal Romance
Charles & Diana - Unhappily Ever After(aka A Palace Divided)
The Biographer(one of the better movies on the subject, because Diana isn't messed up but her presence is felt)

If anyone is willing to help me out here. I'd be grateful:p

Last edited:
Oh dear, it starts off by advsing us that Prince Philip's family name is Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg (shock horror, but then, it never was a secret that he was born a Prince of Greece and Denmark) and attempts to tar him with the Nazi brush because he spent one year at Salem school in Baden, Germany. Prince Philip is shown
"attending a family funeral for some of his Nazi in-laws" in Darmstadt in November 1937. Sounds bad.

However, they omitted to state that the funerals were for his 26-year old sister, Princess Cecile, her husband, Hereditary Grand Duke Georg of Hesse and by Rhine, their children Princes Ludwig and Alexander (aged 6 and 4), and Georg's mother, the Dowager Grand Duchess Eleonore, who were all killed in a plane crash while on their way to a family wedding in London. Not quite the Nazi knees-up.

One last thing, before getting too far involved in ridiculous conspiracy theories, is that Diana indeed wrote that she feared for her life and it could be a car "accident". Spooky! However, evidence presented by her own solicitor and others at the Inquest stated that Diana believed that both she and Camilla Parker-Bowles were at risk as Charles secretly planned to bump them off and marry Tiggy Legge-Bourke. Hmm, hardly a cast-iron conspiracy after all. :wacko:

^Exactly and now tmz released this new audio of Diana from the movie ( WARNING: the so called "death" photo is in the video)
Princess Di in New Film:

Can I also get something off my chest? That guy John Morgan who is writing the inquest series of books is totally WAY off his mark in his allegations. He keeps going back to the fact that Henri Paul could walk and talk normally despite his high blood alcohol level and the fact the body wasn't properly labeled and yet FAILS to mention that all this was discussed in January 2008 at the inquest. Jesus christ the more time passes the more I'm provoked to write my own book with all the facts from over the years to inform people of the truth.

GROAN. I can't believe these people are still trying to make a buck on Diana's death. :bang:

"Unlawful Killing" which will be shown in Cannes, shows never before seen footage of Princess Diana's death, and images clearly of her - one in the back of the car and one on the road being treated by paramedics. It will be shown in France first then obviously gradually around the world. It does bring up the conspiracy again that she was murdered - ie no working cameras in the tunnel, the way she was quickly dealt with after her death.

It must be extremely difficult for Princess William and Harry as the film apparently accuses their family for this accident - right after the wedding and of course Diana would have turned 50 in July.

Forgive me if this has been brought up but haven't read through the whole thread. Very sad :(

"Unlawful Killing" which will be shown in Cannes, shows never before seen footage of Princess Diana's death, and images clearly of her - one in the back of the car and one on the road being treated by paramedics. It will be shown in France first then obviously gradually around the world. It does bring up the conspiracy again that she was murdered - ie no working cameras in the tunnel, the way she was quickly dealt with after her death.

For years I've been wondering if this memory was actual or that of a dream. I was 7 when the Princess was killed and I remember the night of her death but what I'm trying to remember is somewhat hazy, I thought I saw footage of someone wearing a neckbrace being rolled on a stretcher into the ambulance. I've asked people about that and they've commented about never seeing that particular footage; did anyone else see that, that night? I was half awake when I woke to the news of her death; so I'm trying to figure out if it was memory of a dream I had or if it was indeed actual.

Dreadful. I knew it was just a matter of time before these images were shown to the world...but why now??? :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is, this topic will never go away - too many unanswered questions - and according to the promo on the TV the Royal Family have never been questioned. Personally myself, I don't think it was an accident !

PS: Off topic, but where are the smilies - have they gone :(

For it to have been planned the perpetrators would need to have known the time of leaving the hotel, the route they would take etc.
As the only people who knew that were Al Fayed's and those with them - then the only people who could have planned it were those who were supposed to be protecting them or Al Fayed or his employees.
No one else knew the time they were leaving that night as they changed their plans so often - making anything other than an accident unbelievable.

Last edited:
Movie (documentary) about the events surrounding Diana's death at Cannes Film Festiva

I heard a radio segment about a film premiering at Cannes which investigates the events surrounding Diana's death in Paris. Does anyone know what this is about?:flowers:

Has anyone else heard that all of the cameras in the Paris tunnels were either turned off or inoperable? Apparently, the film makers used an excerpt from a Howard Stern interview where he discussed the accident with Dodi's father. Is that true? Was there no footage showing how the crash happened?

Does this documentary focus on accusations ?Why is it entitled so?

I remember something about the inquest about the cameras in Paris being routinely shut on and off. They aren't all on all the time.

Has anyone else heard that all of the cameras in the Paris tunnels were either turned off or inoperable?

I remember something about the inquest about the cameras in Paris being routinely shut on and off. They aren't all on all the time.

That seems strange about street surveillance routinely shut off. I thought
it was that the surveillance cameras were not working the night of the accident.

i cant imagine watching this film, watching it first hand in 97 was hard enough.

There is no footage from the surveillance cameras. There have been many explanations given, from the very beginning (not working; turned off; other). That's why there's a mystery.

The ambulance took 40 minutes to arrive (and the second responders waited for it to arrive to try and do anything at all). Very first responder was a doctor who thought she wasn't that seriously injured and left when second responders (not the eventual ambulance) arrived. Seems there was a reluctance to do anything at all, for fear of doing it wrong. For years, I thought it was merely the French way of doing things, but after living in France a bit and reading more, it just seems perhaps everyone was overwhelmed by who they were dealing with - and did not respond the way they might have.

It's a mystery, still, and lots of unanswered questions. I will watch.

I've just reread Chapter 5 of the Paget Report, which is the chapter concerned with CCTV and other surveillance cameras. Most of the cameras were privately owned and were security cameras directed toward the front of buildings, not the streets. The camera at the Place De L'Alma would have been un-manned at the time of the accident, because the staff in the office left at 11:00 P.M.

That seems strange about street surveillance routinely shut off. I thought
it was that the surveillance cameras were not working the night of the accident.

I'm still surprised that there wasn't some road surveillance near the Ritz, anyway. Here, if a business has security cameras, they try to aim both ways (since getting a picture of how the bad guy left the premises can be very important - people can easily disguise themselves, but the make and model of a car is important).

Of course, it's hard to really get away with a car-based crime here in the islands - Paris is probably very different in how it views the effectiveness of cameras.

Mermaid 1962,

Thank you for this information. It appears that the surveillance cameras were used privately and not by the government. I suspect that today, it may be different because it seems every city has cameras mounted on every street corner.

It appears that Diana's death will be considered by conspiracy theorists to be suspect, just like JFK's assassination, the Twin Towers destruction and even the death of Osama Bin Laden.

I guess i dont understand why there would be street surveillance? why would a hotel want to watch the main road? i can understand watching the front and back doors which we have seen that footage.

I've just reread Chapter 5 of the Paget Report, which is the chapter concerned with CCTV and other surveillance cameras. Most of the cameras were privately owned and were security cameras directed toward the front of buildings, not the streets. The camera at the Place De L'Alma would have been un-manned at the time of the accident, because the staff in the office left at 11:00 P.M.

Thank you Mermaid. I never read Paget Report. The report answered the security question of the surveillance. I wonder why the privately owned company did not have 24 hour security on the weekends? Statistically, that is when most accidents happen during the week.:sad:

I just looked at the photo. The statement of the physician who tended her at the site said there were only a couple drops of blood on her face. That is certainly NOT what the photo shows.

It will be a money-maker, tho. Nothing like a manipulated documentary to stir the puddin'.
--------------------------------------------
I've started reading the Paget Report. Very interesting. When I read that the "engagement" ring had been sent for re-sizing, an alarm went off. A ring like that can't be sized, as the stones go too far down the shanks. If it needed to be made to fit, a new one would have to be constructed, i.e. send it to Italy, take out the stones, make a new ring, reset the stones.

Last edited:
I just looked at the photo. The statement of the physician who tended her at the site said there were only a couple drops of blood on her face. That is certainly NOT what the photo shows.
Are you talking about the photo that was released in the Italian tabloid magazine?

Back
Top Bottom