Meghan and Harry: Recollections May Vary - Discover +

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire

Heir Presumptive
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Documentary to relook at the Oprah Interview. Unsure if it deserve another thread. Not much has been released about the show.

Not heard about this before. Who is behind the docu?
What is the angle: Critical of the Oprah interview? Or elaboration? Or fact checking?

Not heard about this before. Who is behind the docu?
What is the angle: Critical of the Oprah interview? Or elaboration? Or fact checking?

Fact checking from what I read in British tabloids. And also focusing on things like body language, etc.

“Meghan and Harry: Recollections May Vary,” which will air on streamer Discovery Plus out of the U.K., will convene body language, linguistics and forensic psychology experts to dissect key moments from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s CBS interview with Oprah Winfrey. Rights were brought from Harpo and CBS and the Shearwater production teams has ties to Meghan - so I would say elaboration.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/meghan-harry-recollections-may-vary-discovery-1234962937/

Thanks. :flowers:

Hmm. Fact checking, that I like! And that would be worth watching.
I'm a little more skeptical in regards to interpreting body-language and intonations and such. - While I believe very much in body-language being revealing, it is also very much a subjective interpretation.

Disclaimer: this thread can be used to discuss the documentary, it's content, where to watch etc.

This thread can not be used to re-hash the Oprah-interview again and again. Neither can it be used to discuss own views on the validity of the claims or opinions about these claims.

Posters can do that and have been doing that in the Sussex-thread in the Sussex forum.

It is best to keep the disucssion centralized in one thread so we do not have the same discussion between the same posters, using the same arguments in a multitude of threads at the same time. This is confusing for everybody and there are not enough hours in the day for the mod. team to oversee such a multitude of contagious discussions.

Last edited:
“Meghan and Harry: Recollections May Vary,” which will air on streamer Discovery Plus out of the U.K., will convene body language, linguistics and forensic psychology experts to dissect key moments from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s CBS interview with Oprah Winfrey. Rights were brought from Harpo and CBS and the Shearwater production teams has ties to Meghan - so I would say elaboration.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/meghan-harry-recollections-may-vary-discovery-1234962937/

Well....I think the title is appropriate.

We’ll see about the rest.

I have a question….I saw parts of documentary. I thought I read that more of the interview will be released….maybe it would only be released on Discovery Plus? Has anyone read that? Thanks.

From what I can see, it's going to air on Discovery+ UK. Discovery+ is a streaming service you have to pay to have. I can get a free weeks trial of the service here in the US but it does not cover Discovery+ UK as far as I can see.

It may be interesting to see the interview debunked in a lot of places but it's not something I'm going to go out of my way to be able to see or even pay to see. Like the interview, I'll wait and see what everybody thinks here. :D

As most posters have already know, Omid Scobie is one of the contributor of Meghan and Harry: Recollections May Vary - Discover +. A twitter user has filmed a section of him saying that Meghan was wrong in the interpretation of Archie's title.

At one point, Omid Scobie responded to that twitter user denying he said that (Meghan was wrong in the interpretation of Archie's title) and how he was recapping producer's question. :confused: :nonono: :ohmy:
Omid Scobie @scobie
Replying to @Alexpublic4
No — I didn’t say that. I recapped the producer/interviewer’s question in my response (which is standard practice in documentary interviews) and went on to say that despite people saying that they are wrong, there’s much more to the story.
10:14 AM · May 1, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

On a separate tweet, a different twitter user tagged Omid Scobie asking a question on trashing families on national TV and the response is astonishing to say the least. :eek: :ohmy: :mad:

Twitter user: How would he feel if the future partner of your brother/sister or best friend trash your family in national TV? or tell your friends and acquaintances that they didn't treat her well?

Scobie: Hypothetically speaking, if my family treated that person like c*** then they would deserve to be called out
Picture of the Screenshot: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0UuyXsXIAQP158?format=jpg&name=small

All I can say is the Sussexes and Scobie are birds of a feather flock together :whistling:

On a different note, Richard Eden tweeted out a screenshot with a caption indicating that he has been blocked by Omid Scobie.
Richard Eden @richardaeden
Oh, no! I've been blocked by #Meghan's cheerleader Omid Scobie on @twitter. Was it something I said? #royal
7:41 PM · May 1, 2021·Twitter for Android​

I think it was this tweet that led to Scobie blocking Eden:

Last edited:
From what I can see, it's going to air on Discovery+ UK. Discovery+ is a streaming service you have to pay to have. I can get a free weeks trial of the service here in the US but it does not cover Discovery+ UK as far as I can see.

It may be interesting to see the interview debunked in a lot of places but it's not something I'm going to go out of my way to be able to see or even pay to see. Like the interview, I'll wait and see what everybody thinks here. :D

I tried to watch it today in the States, but it's not yet on Discovery plus

I tried to watch it today in the States, but it's not yet on Discovery plus

If you live in the US, you can access Discovery+. This program is going to air on Discovery+ UK which isn't available in the US. There's a way around to get access but it looks too convoluted to me and I'll not waste my time or pay to stream it. :D

If you live in the US, you can access Discovery+. This program is going to air on Discovery+ UK which isn't available in the US. There's a way around to get access but it looks too convoluted to me and I'll not waste my time or pay to stream it. :D

I think it will be available in the States in a few days, they need the audience.

I won’t be watching, in part because I loathe the idea of Discovery Plus...

Most of the channels that make up Discovery+ in the States are channels I get with my satellite TV package and I don't watch them now much so I'm not going to pay to stream them. Discovery+ UK has a totally different line up of programming and is only available to people in the UK. If someone is dead set that they want to watch this, here's a suggestion on how to do it. I've better things to do with my money.

https://www.streamlocator.com/streaming-services/how-to-watch-discovery-plus-outside-the-uk

It seems it is difficult for some posters to listen to the mod. request as posted in post #6. To help these posters this thread is now closed.

You can discuss the content of the documentary in the Sussex thread in the Sussex forum, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom