"Mary: The Making of a Princess" (2015) - Network Ten Australia Telemovie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the article where the actor playing Frederik express hope that the Danes will like it: Actor hopes Danes like Mary telemovie

Wellll, judging from what he says we'll either hate it or it'll become cult. Probably both. Those who see it will end up in either camp, there will be no one in between.

I was under the impression that actors portraying a person, be it a living or dead person, try to really get to know that person and to study the person.
A simple Google and YouTube search is hardly sufficient, I'd say.
Perhaps it would have been wiser to fly in a Scandinavian actor to play Frederik? At least he would have been able to read Danish in order to get a more genuine feeling for who Frederik really is.

The movie has made it to imdb: Mary: The Making of a Princess (TV Movie 2015) - IMDb

Here is a review: Mary: The Making of a Princess | TV Tonight
You be the judge.

There is a wonderful, wonderful - new - "behind the scenes" video of the making of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" now out on the internet.

(Check out the Channel Ten twitter account if you'd like to see it - I'm on my tablet and can't post a link.)

Lots of new scenes from the TV movie, plus interesting comments from various production staff and "Mary" actress Emma Hamilton.

Last edited:
"Mary: The Making of a Princess" is now only a few hours away from being broadcast across Australia.

There have been many articles and features in both the newspapers and online this weekend.

Today's Sunday newspaper had "Mary"/Emma Hamilton and "Frederik"/Ryan O'Kane on the cover of the TV magazine as well as a full page feature on the real CP Mary and all the actual people behind her transformation in real life.

One of the articles I read today quoted the editor of "Vogue" and how she ate sandwiches in the kitchen with Mary and Frederik, as well as the lady who tended to Mary's eyebrows while she lived in Sydney.

And to top all that off - Amber has made a comment.

She is busy on her new book - that she is looking forward to being a big hit in Russia! - but she said she will be tuning in.

Last edited:
Thanks for your continuing coverage, Sun Lion. :)

I look forward to your review.

I'm looking forward to turn off the shocking tragedy of Paris for a couple hours and see a love story.

Bright, breezey, very fast-paced.

Great opening scene with the camera zooming in from the sparkling ocean to the Bondi to Bronte cliff path - to the sounds of an upbeat "swing" song - "Ain't love a kick in the head".

More sparkling water as "Mary" and "Frederik" sail on Sydney Harbour - and we've had the first fight before the second ad break.

Last edited:
Pfff... it is like As The World Turns with a royal sauce.

Great soundtrack, fun courtship scenes.

Smart script - hints of trouble in Frederik's brother's marriage before the first ad break.

Lots of shots showcasing the beach lifestyle of Sydney.

Good lines for house-mate "Andrew" and "Prince Henrik"s dog included.

Lots of details woven into the script that are well-known to Mary followers.

Nice shot of Amalienborg from the air - must have been from the drone that was used.

Last edited:
"Princess Alexandra" portrayed as very likeable, very smart woman befriending "Mary".

A second fight scene.

The storyline putting in a lot of details - such as Mary parking in the wrong place in her early days in Denmark and being photographed, Henrik going off to France upset at something.

Clever script-writing - a line from Amber "you're all clavicles" and a line from Frederik "perhaps if you ate something" and we know Mary has lost weight.

Loving Angela Punch-McGegor as the Queen.

Last edited:
Loved it a beautiful love story. It's a movie based on their story it's not a documentary. So if your not into feel good romance it's not for you. I loved it Prince Henrik seem spot on and gave me a laugh. I think it was well done.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The proposal in Tasmania!!!! was surprising. ;)

And even though there was a Tasmanian number-plate on the car KelliB, I don't think it was filmed there.

I've never seen so many cars on any road in Tasmania in my life - and I'm from there.

Good to see "Mary"/Emma jogging past the real Mary's Copenhagen apartment.

Did anyone see the real Frederik in the background as was reported - I didn't pick up on it.

Last edited:
Loved it a beautiful love story. It's a movie based on their story it's not a documentary. So if your not into feel good romance it's not for you. I loved it Prince Henrik seem spot on and gave me a laugh. I think it was well done.

So agree with you royal rob - I loved it.

I say this only as I was always led to believe the proposal occurred in Rome, a much more romantic place by all accounts. ��

Omg I didn't know this was coming on so soon. I love Princess Mary . Did it air in the US? Maybe its on Netflix. I think they could have gotten a better looking actor to play Frederik.

Last edited:
Thank you, Mitchell. :)

It's a comfort to learn that evening/morning show hosts are just as silly in Australia as they are here in DK.

Number #1 in its time-slot over all ages.

It's available on channel 10's website! About to sit down with a glass of wine and watch this thing

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I am truly enjoying this. It's frothy and silly and funny, and totally inaccurate, but it's a really fun movie.

did you have to download anything. mine doesn't play.

Back
Top Bottom