"Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story" ('18) / "Becoming Royal" ('19)- Lifetime Movie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that Charlotte scene. They are hitting almost all of the best parts (except no scenes in Jamaica).

Oh, nice relationship montage scene. Thanks for that, Lifetime writers!

Wait!!! Wait!!! They are not showing the official engagemet photo call and interview!!?????

Aww...they used the actual clips of Real Meghan and Harry for the end. I really loved this. A lot of it was embellished, but it was good.

That ended on a great note. This was a really good Lifetime movie. Well done!

Ok, I felt this movie started off well but ended very badly.

But I loved seeing the "real thing" at the end. They are so amazing together.

It is a good movie. They should have shown the other royals' reaction.

They should have shown Bella's reaction, lol. :lol:

Bella was lowkey my favorite part just for Meghan's clapbacks.

Good;
1. The race issues were handled ok (only ok though lol)
2. Parisa is flawless
3. Fashion (can the real Meghan call their fashion department??)
4. Interesting Kate
5. Queen Doria
6. Seeing the REAL Harry and Meghan at the end and tearing up.

Bad:
1. Murray as Harry
2. The whole last part of the film lol

I just started watching this...in Alaska and had to work.

The beginning is somewhat questionable. I can't imagine Catherine being a snob about Americans..considering the issues she had to deal with regarding class.

I love how they touch on his Spencer heritage.

And where did they get this old William?

Well that was very enjoyable for me. I loved how it started off - it had a few weak spots but the charisma of the actors made it work. Wonderful fluff to start off the week.

Off to bed for me now.

I just started watching this...in Alaska and had to work.

The beginning is somewhat questionable. I can't imagine Catherine being a snob about Americans..considering the issues she had to deal with regarding class.

I love how they touch on his Spencer heritage.

And where did they get this old William?

One Tweet described fake William as a 43-year-old accountant from Ohio.

This is so cheesy and so inaccurate even with what we do know.

These two members of the aristocracy at Pippa's wedding. As if they would dare to say this in Harry's face. Charles and Camilla didn't even attend the wedding. And Meghan is a late addition to the reception?

I am not even going to talk about hte big Diana portrait in the living room of William's home. The actually used one of the photos from one of her last big trips...I think it was to India.

I know they are being loosey goosey with the facts to create drama but COME ON!

Last edited:
The movie was so incredibly awful that it was good.

This is so cheesy and so inaccurate even with what we do know.

These two members of the aristocracy at Pippa's wedding. As if they would dare to say this in Harry's face. Charles and Camilla didn't even attend the wedding. And Meghan is a late addition to the reception?

I am not even going to talk about hte big Diana portrait in the living room of William's home. The actually used one of the photos from one of her last big trips...I think it was to India.

I know they are being loosey goosey with the facts to create drama but COME ON!

I agree. They couldn't even get some of the basics right.

This movie is really bad (and not in a good way).

I enjoyed it. Started strong. Got mired down near the end, ended strong with the visit to Granny & Queen Charlotte. 7/10 for me!

Chiling at the reception table with Camilla and Charles telling them they should have been together from the get go! What the heck.

Chiling at the reception table with Camilla and Charles telling them they should have been together from the get go! What the heck.

That part was the beginning of the descent into the badlands. I enjoyed the movie until then.

Yeah...that was one of the few parts that was a NO for me. I would actually rate this movie 7/10.

Yeah, even though it is reported that Harry has a good relationship with Camilla (and I don't doubt that) the fact that 1) Charles and Camilla were not at teh wedding reception; 2) I doubt that Harry would say such a thing that would 3) make light of his mother's relationship with his father and 4) Camilla woudl say well if things didn't work out the way they did you wouldn't be here!

Good Lord!

Did anybody else find the scene with the lions incredibly cheesy - twice Prince Harry gets confronted by lions because he runs off upset?

Not to mention the lions mating scene...

As a Torontonian, it was nice to see the shot of the city and I laughed when Prince Harry said after be insulted at the party- "I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice" (or words to that effect).

I am sorry...

The Queen announcing the engagement to her Privvy Council wearing a tiara.....

Wearing her engagement outfit to meet the Queen?

I know it was going to be cheesy (and yes, I will watch it again and again) but for real?

I did like the Queen Charlotte discussion....

#ARoyalRomance and Meghan have been trending for hours on Twitter. The tweets are really entertaining. I'm so looking forward to seeing the movie! LOL!

I actually slept through the time it aired on TV so streamed the movie when I woke up and the blessing with that is that I got to skip the commercials. :D

I thought the movie was very well done with all the elements of Harry and Meghan's romance incorporated including the trials and tribulations that came with the relationship becoming public knowledge. The casting was superb. Especially Doria. Loved the line "we'll run them over if we have to". :lol:

Although there was a lot of poetic license employed in the movie, it was done in order to stress a point. The only character in the movie that was kind of unbelievable was actually the Queen addressing her privy counsel in a tiara and stating she's looking forward to more great grandchildren to give them "jolly good hugs". I had to groan at that part.

Enjoyed the movie. I'm going 7/10 grading on a curve cause it's Lifetime. Hilariously fun to live tweet but I missed a couple things and had to rewatch. The good, the bad, and the ugly...

Good
- Parisa does a great job as Meghan
- Doria probably had the best/most consistent writing in the movie
- H&M chemistry
- Pulling real anecdotes often in H&M's own words into their backstory
- Didn't tip toe around race discussion

Bad
- Last third of the movie seemed to be a lot more creative license. Not sure if it was for time or just less researched because they were more recent events
- No Invictus Games and no Jamaica. You can skip 1 but not both. Wish they'd shown Inskip's wedding instead of Pippa's
- Harry saying Charles & Camilla should've been together from the start. Not happening. I'm sure lion Diana is roaring.

Ugly
- Casting for William. I thought he was the butler when he 1st popped up in Harry's room
- Kate comes across as so bitter in the 1st half that folks on Twitter were asking who Kate hurt in the writer's room. I laughed but I think we were supposed to be laughing with her not at her.

Nice way to kick off wedding week!

Back
Top Bottom