The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
... awful and so satirical. It is hard to watch.

Exactly! What a hack of a show.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Suztav and Fijiro for the critique on the H &M movie. Have only seen it advertised here and I hadn't yet decided whether to see it or not. So if you both agree that it's not worth seeing then I won't bother.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Thank you Suztav and Fijiro for the critique on the H &M movie. Have only seen it advertised here and I hadn't yet decided whether to see it or not. So if you both agree that it's not worth seeing then I won't bother.

It gives new meaning to the word “bad” .... but, don’t take my word for it. Watch it ... so bad that it’s almost funny.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I’m watching Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal. Such awful acting! Just dreadful!
I am recording it to watch later.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:31 PM
Royal Highness

Is anyone going to claim character assassination and threaten lawsuits?
Old 05-27-2019, 11:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its a Lifetime movie and they're notorious for dramatics when it comes to this type of a movie so I'll wait until its available for streaming and watch it when I need something to make me laugh. As its free, I know I'll get my money's worth at least.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:34 PM
Courtier

It's so cheesy and bad...much prefer the first one.

BUT...if I'm honest, I was impatiently waiting for the commercials to end for the movie to continue. I really do hope that there will be NO MORE movies though. Just let it be.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
It gives new meaning to the word “bad” .... but, don’t take my word for it. Watch it ... so bad that it’s almost funny.

Oh dear. Well I guess I will wait and make up my mind later.. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Its not on tv here until Friday evening.

Its a lifetime movie. Considering the cheesy royal ones made so far, not surprised its bad. Their romance once, and the two made for movie ones for Will and Kate were all horrible. I wasn't expecting this one to be good.

All I can say is the actress actually looks a lot like Meghan. Way better then the actresses they chose to play Kate in the Kate and Will movies. The Kate in the Harry/Meghan romance movie was the closest choice so far IMO.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why you guys watch this kind of junk...?
Old 05-28-2019, 03:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh the happy, sappy and sometimes even crappy stuff is higher on my list than watching reality TV or *any* news channel most of the time. Throw in some Science channel and History channels and the Smithsonian channel along with Disney movies and I'm paying attention to the TV.

Come morning I'll be able to stream the movie for free. As I've said before, I'll get my money's worth out of it.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:13 AM
Majesty

I rarely watch "biographical" movies of well known people who are still alive and kicking. They invariably get the most simple things wrong and that just plain infuriates me.

They are usually cheap, tawdry and spend a lot of time in various bedrooms where, if the incident happened at all, there is no verification unless one of the characters fell asleep at Wimbledon and talked in their sleep . . . very, very, loudly.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well. I watched the movie this morning and the best part about it was that I could stream it without commercials. It seemed like they took everything for the script from tabloid articles and twisted and turned them into a scenario that probably doesn't come close to what Harry and Meghan's reality was.

Overly exaggerated. Overly cheesy. Overly corny. I just am happy its over. Period.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:00 AM
Courtier

ack! It was horrid. I couldn't believe they had Kate looking for approval from Meghan! They are two powerful women and neither needs to kiss up to the other.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

I watched half of it last night. I will watch the other half today. I cringed at some parts of the first half. I have a problem with them incorporating tabloid gossip into the storylines. I guess that happens when there’s a lack of authentic material to go on.

Also, do Hollywood always have to make the Windsor’s look like a bunch stiff, starchy and extremely formal people? In every movie you’d think George V is still head of the family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-29-2019, 03:03 AM
Royal Highness

I've seen some interviews with these new actors. They are nice young people, but ill-suited for the roles they are playing.

Although the female lead has a kind of similar look to Meghan, her nose is just a slight bit too long and narrow. And what little I saw of the clips was not good in either the script, dialogue or acting. The young man is not that tall. They died his blond hair red, but he just doesn't have the charm or gravitas of Harry.

The original actors were much better, even though I had problems with some of the scenes in the last film. And although, Parisa Fitz-Henley truly got Meghan and had a similar look, she was taller than Meghan. Murray Fraser had Harry's voice and mannerisms down pat, but his frame is much slimmer than Harry's. Still, their sparkling chemistry and good acting made that first film work.

This sequel (what I've seen of it) looks to be a cheesy dud, not worth the effort. Especially bad is the scene with the female lead crying about the pressures and the criticisms involved in royal life. That's not Meghan. No way Jose. First off, Meghan is not reading media blather. And she's got nerves of steel. She's made of tough stuff.

While the real Duchess of Sussex surely finds the negativity 'disheartening,' she's not someone who would break down in tears over stuff she has no control over. She would just be focused on taking care of the business she has control over, while working on finding workable solutions to challenges. All the while enjoying and giving thanks for the good things in her life.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
ack! It was horrid. I couldn't believe they had Kate looking for approval from Meghan! They are two powerful women and neither needs to kiss up to the other.

What in the world? Neither of them would actually be looking for approval from the other! Wow, what a fantasyland this sounds like, and not in a good way.

Did they use a different actor for Kate? The actor who played Kate in the first movie was good. I see they used someone else for William, who has a slight facial resemblance, but is not tall enough. The wonderful actor who played the Queen in the last film appears to have come back for the sequel.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:18 AM
Royal Highness

Well, why not take a gander at this new documentary rehash. At least we get shots of the real Harry & Meghan, and some interesting observations, despite some of the premises and commentary being hilarious, fanciful and silly. There are a few gems though, such as Arbiter stating that Prince Philip was impressed by 'how well-read Meghan is.' Included are clips from speeches and interviews, and there's an interesting touch of having an actor's voice-over reading from some of Meghan's writing about her early life. Plus new interviews with her former teachers, and people who knew her when she was growing up.

Still, it's off-base to suggest that Meghan was ever focused on having a fairy tale life complete with a prince. She was focused on achieving her goals of having a fulfilling and adventurous life and giving back to others:

Old 09-08-2020, 12:22 PM
Nobility

Any news about the third Harry & Meghan movie from Lifetime?
Old 09-08-2020, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Well, why not take a gander at this new documentary rehash. At least we get shots of the real Harry & Meghan, and some interesting observations, despite some of the premises and commentary being hilarious, fanciful and silly. There are a few gems though, such as Arbiter stating that Prince Philip was impressed by 'how well-read Meghan is.' Included are clips from speeches and interviews, and there's an interesting touch of having an actor's voice-over reading from some of Meghan's writing about her early life. Plus new interviews with her former teachers, and people who knew her when she was growing up.

Still, it's off-base to suggest that Meghan was ever focused on having a fairy tale life complete with a prince. She was focused on achieving her goals of having a fulfilling and adventurous life and giving back to others:

so if Philip was so impressed by how well read she is, how come there were the rumours that someone called her "Harry's showgirl". I think we can guess who that was...