The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 08-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7
DVD "Pavlos No Ordinary King"

Hi all!

A really good friend of mine, who helped me really a lot in the past wants this DVD for her birthday in a few weeks. I thought ok no problem. But now I'm extremely frustrated.

I just found the website where you can get the DVD and also the book I wrote 4 messages to them in the last 3 months. But there's no response at all. Neither on mails nor on messages through the site.

Does someone have any idea where I can get this DVD? I've searched everywhere but It's not available on Amazon, eBay, etc... and it's also not available for download.

Or maybe can make me a copy of it. I'll pay for sure for it incl. shipping.

For me it's very important to give her this present for her birthday.

Thanks a lot in advance.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2021, 05:17 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7
I'm still looking for that DVD!

Really no one who can help me with this ?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2021, 05:45 PM
Prinsara's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: A place to grow, Canada
Posts: 2,633
There were only 1000 copies, so it might be difficult to find one for sale. There are at least 3 in prominent libraries in the US. https://www.worldcat.org/title/paulo...oclc/921612982 I don't know if the EU does interlibrary loans, but you could check with your local library and see if they could find you a copy on loan. At least you and your friend could watch it together?

Falling that, maybe Arturo and associates at Eurohistory would know something?

Good luck with the hunt!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2021, 07:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
There were only 1000 copies, so it might be difficult to find one for sale. There are at least 3 in prominent libraries in the US. https://www.worldcat.org/title/paulo...oclc/921612982 I don't know if the EU does interlibrary loans, but you could check with your local library and see if they could find you a copy on loan. At least you and your friend could watch it together?

Falling that, maybe Arturo and associates at Eurohistory would know something?

Good luck with the hunt!
thanks a lot for your answer. Unfortunately I live in Austria and it's not available there.

I also wrote to the guy who wrote the book. But he promised me 3 (!) times to sent one but I never received one. So I guess he has never sent one out. He also told me every time that he has copies available.

I would also be satisfied if someone could offer it for download (not for free). I don't need the original DVD or the book.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-08-2021, 08:17 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra78 View Post
I would also be satisfied if someone could offer it for download (not for free). I don't need the original DVD or the book.
Petra, did you order the book new or used? I actually received the Pavlos: No Ordinary King “Special edition DVD” (a 30-minute documentary) affixed to the last page of the book. Unfortunately the material is under copyright, so reproducing it is problematic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2021, 08:47 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7
i didn't ordered it. I asked the person via mail if the single DVD is still available and he told me, that the DVD is only available as enclosure with the book. The DVD alone will not produced any more. And he also told me that the documentary has a duration of 1h 57 min.

He also told me, that the documentary enclosed in the book is the same as the single DVD.

I hope it's understandable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2021, 09:45 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra78 View Post
he also told me that the documentary has a duration of 1h 57 min. He also told me, that the documentary enclosed in the book is the same as the single DVD.
Here is the precise text in the back pages where I incorrectly misread as “a half-hour.” ...

“The publication you hold in your hands is accompanied by the Special Edition of the documentary film, with the addition of 30 minutes of visual content. This is a limited edition that includes new scenes, unpublished photographs, film clips and new interviews. The Special Edition DVD has a total duration of almost two and a half hours, and it also includes the video of the evening at the Gennadius Library, with the speech of King Constantine. The DVD comes with English and Greek subtitles.”

The DVD itself is marked as having a duration time of 147 minutes (147 = 2 hours & 27 minutes).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-08-2021, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 125
Since I pulled it out in order to answer the above question, I must say the nicest thing about this work is that King Pavlos is unquestionably the author's focus -- and not his Queen whose beauty, magnetism and forceful personality inevitably overshadowed Pavlos (and everyone else in the room) in certain social situations.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-16-2021, 07:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addapalla View Post
Since I pulled it out in order to answer the above question, I must say the nicest thing about this work is that King Pavlos is unquestionably the author's focus -- and not his Queen whose beauty, magnetism and forceful personality inevitably overshadowed Pavlos (and everyone else in the room) in certain social situations.

that's the reason why I want it I don't give up hope to find it one day ...
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pavlos No Ordinary King now available politisnik Royal Library 10 07-16-2020 06:19 PM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags austria braganza british royal family cadwallader camilla castile charles congo danish royal family de la cerda denmark dubai expo duchess of kent duke of cambridge guzman hamdan bin ahmed henry viii history identifying india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japanese imperial family japan history jordan royal family king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander louis mountbatten maria ii monarchist movements monarchists mountbatten nara period need help noble families norway crown princely couple official visit orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales prince of wales in jordan queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria samurai state visit tokugawa uae wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×