DVD "Pavlos No Ordinary King"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petra78

City
Vienna
Country
Austria
Hi all!

A really good friend of mine, who helped me really a lot in the past wants this DVD for her birthday in a few weeks. I thought ok no problem. But now I'm extremely frustrated.

I just found the website where you can get the DVD and also the book I wrote 4 messages to them in the last 3 months. But there's no response at all. Neither on mails nor on messages through the site.

Does someone have any idea where I can get this DVD? I've searched everywhere but It's not available on Amazon, eBay, etc... and it's also not available for download.

Or maybe can make me a copy of it. I'll pay for sure for it incl. shipping.

For me it's very important to give her this present for her birthday.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I'm still looking for that DVD!

Really no one who can help me with this :sad::cry::cry:?

There were only 1000 copies, so it might be difficult to find one for sale. There are at least 3 in prominent libraries in the US. https://www.worldcat.org/title/paulos-henas-asynethistos-vasilias/oclc/921612982 I don't know if the EU does interlibrary loans, but you could check with your local library and see if they could find you a copy on loan. At least you and your friend could watch it together?

Falling that, maybe Arturo and associates at Eurohistory would know something?

Good luck with the hunt!

There were only 1000 copies, so it might be difficult to find one for sale. There are at least 3 in prominent libraries in the US. https://www.worldcat.org/title/paulos-henas-asynethistos-vasilias/oclc/921612982 I don't know if the EU does interlibrary loans, but you could check with your local library and see if they could find you a copy on loan. At least you and your friend could watch it together?

Falling that, maybe Arturo and associates at Eurohistory would know something?

Good luck with the hunt!

thanks a lot for your answer. Unfortunately I live in Austria and it's not available there.

I also wrote to the guy who wrote the book. But he promised me 3 (!) times to sent one but I never received one. So I guess he has never sent one out. He also told me every time that he has copies available.

I would also be satisfied if someone could offer it for download (not for free). I don't need the original DVD or the book.

I would also be satisfied if someone could offer it for download (not for free). I don't need the original DVD or the book.

Petra, did you order the book new or used? I actually received the Pavlos: No Ordinary King “Special edition DVD” (a 30-minute documentary) affixed to the last page of the book. Unfortunately the material is under copyright, so reproducing it is problematic.

Last edited:
i didn't ordered it. I asked the person via mail if the single DVD is still available and he told me, that the DVD is only available as enclosure with the book. The DVD alone will not produced any more. And he also told me that the documentary has a duration of 1h 57 min.

He also told me, that the documentary enclosed in the book is the same as the single DVD.

I hope it's understandable.

Last edited:
he also told me that the documentary has a duration of 1h 57 min. He also told me, that the documentary enclosed in the book is the same as the single DVD.

Here is the precise text in the back pages where I incorrectly misread as “a half-hour.” ...

“The publication you hold in your hands is accompanied by the Special Edition of the documentary film, with the addition of 30 minutes of visual content. This is a limited edition that includes new scenes, unpublished photographs, film clips and new interviews. The Special Edition DVD has a total duration of almost two and a half hours, and it also includes the video of the evening at the Gennadius Library, with the speech of King Constantine. The DVD comes with English and Greek subtitles.”

The DVD itself is marked as having a duration time of 147 minutes (147 = 2 hours & 27 minutes).

Last edited:
Since I pulled it out in order to answer the above question, I must say the nicest thing about this work is that King Pavlos is unquestionably the author's focus -- and not his Queen whose beauty, magnetism and forceful personality inevitably overshadowed Pavlos (and everyone else in the room) in certain social situations.

Since I pulled it out in order to answer the above question, I must say the nicest thing about this work is that King Pavlos is unquestionably the author's focus -- and not his Queen whose beauty, magnetism and forceful personality inevitably overshadowed Pavlos (and everyone else in the room) in certain social situations.

that's the reason why I want it :flowers: I don't give up hope to find it one day ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom