"The Monarchy Inside" (2010) - DR Documentary on Working Lives of Danish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paty

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
"The Monarchy Inside" (2010) - DR Documentary on Working Lives of Danish Royal Family

From Thursday 4th March, Danish Tv DR wil broadcast a special TV series, (6 programs x 30 minutes )of the everyday working life of the members of the Danish Royal Family.

http://www.dr.dk/DRPresse/Artikler/2010/02/18/095336.htm

Google Traducir

Part 1 will be boradcast on March 4th at 20:00h Danish time

Part 2. 11 March
Part 3. 18 March
Part 4. 25 March
Part 5. 1 April
Part 6. 8 April

Great!! hope we'll be able to watch that online!!

I hope it gets picked up for an air date in my country [Australia]. After all there is a level of interest here in regards to Princess Mary.

Special website for "The Monarchy Inside" by DR. Maybe some of the series will be available in this site later its broadcast. At least thats what they do with their docus.

Kongehuset indefra - dr.dk/DR1

How wonderful, i loved the documentary that was done on CP Mary before her wedding. This should be even more exciting. :)
What beautiful pictures on the website. is there any chance someone could make the pictures into avatars and post them on the thread, unfrotunately i have no clue as to how to do it myself.

Wonderful pictures! I love number 31 with Christian looking into the camera as it lays on the ground. So cute:)

A terrific Insight and site Patty. I just hope any video arising is not 'region blocked' out and that all viewers in all lands can see it.

A terrific Insight and site Patty. I just hope any video arising is not 'region blocked' out and that all viewers in all lands can see it.

Funny you should mention that. I'm unable to view the Amalienborg Palace documentary and my laptop normally plays everything, so I'm wondering if it is 'region blocked'.

Not a happy little miss!

I watched teh first episode of the programme (even though I don't speak Danish) and have to say I really enjoyed it. It was great to see the family behind the scenes at Queen Margrethe's birthday and at the birth of Prince Henrik. Seeing Prince Henrik Sr bringing his grandsons to the hospital and greeting Prince Joachim was lovely.

Can any Danish posters translate what the Crown Princely Couple and Joachim and Marie were saying about leaving the hospital with their new babies?

They were saying something about how they felt about all the fuzz about leaving the hospital, you know, something about the press and so.

I agree, it was absolutely lovely to see! I enjoyed every moment, and it really maked me even more proud than I was before of our monarchy :)

I just watched it. And, although I don't understand Danish, it seems to be very well produced. I have a feeling that at the beginning they were speaking of when QM became Queen following the death of her father ... and then they cut to Frederik and Mary. It seems that Mary became choked-up ... perhaps thoughts of already losing her mother.

Great insight indeed ! A same kind of documentary was made about the British royals some times ago ("Monarchy at work" ) ...

It would be great if someone from Denmark could make a translation for us who don't understand Danish! At least what the members of the royal family say in this first part! I think it would be very appreciate here. Thanks!!

Is there any way to get subtitles on the documentary?

It would be great if someone from Denmark could make a translation for us who don't understand Danish! At least what the members of the royal family say in this first part! I think it would be very appreciate here. Thanks!!
Queen Margrethe talks about the awe she felt when she saw how many people had turned up to hear her being proclaimed the new queen in January 1972 after her father had died. She had heard how many people had turned up to see her own father being proclaimed the new king in 1947 but she had never imagined people turning up in these numbers for her. She said it was very moving, very strange. CP Frederik then comments on the black and white picture of the young Margrethe on the balcony in 1972 - says that it is a very impressive image of his mother who is very collected, very moved. Mary says that her impression of this image of the queen is a very strong woman, very collected, perhaps a bit insecure, but a woman who was fully aware of the duty she was born to perform. She ends by saying that she also sees a little girl in deep grief over losing her father.

The bits about the birth of Marie and Joachim's son shows the traditionel way a new heir to the throne is announced. Joachim phoned his mother just after the birth and later writes a formal notification to the regent about the birth. After it is presented to the queen, the document is then taken the foreign ministry and the new heir is then included in the official documents on heirs to the Danish throne.

The bit about the family gathering on the queen's birthday before the traditional appearance on the balcony is rather sweet. The queen feeding little Christian cakes (according to "the official grandma manual" on bribery of grandchildren as it said) and prince Frederik's voice being heard 'only half a cake, mother, only half".

I love that his farmor would perhaps do what most grannies would, and spoil him with a little treat such as, in this instance, a cake. And Frederik probably knowing what sugar can do to the little tacker, makes sure his mor doesn't encourage, however lovingly, the occasionally stubborn little mans boisterous nature...haha.

I quite liked when Mary and Margrethe kissed cheeks, and with champagne and cigarette in her hand, the Queen spilt a little and both went something to the effect of 'oops'.

I noticed however that Mary did not curtsy, which has made me wonder if behind closed doors, displays of reverence aren't considered necessary. Purely a public, or shall we say ceremonial, formality.

I thought it so sweet how Joachim kissed his boys on both cheeks, and then one on their forehead. Very sweet, and reminds me greatly of my father who does the same with his daughters.

Thank you UserDane for the translation. Its very interesting.

But allthough I dont understand danish, I enjoy seeing this documentary. I like the part before they go on the balcony. They are a very likeable family.

No, I don't imagine that they curtsy in private.

By the way, the question of throne succession was also briefly touched upon. The queen repeated that she took over when her own father died and one day Frederik would be in the same situation - 'this is how we imagine it', it was said.
So much for recurring abdication rumours on Internet boards and attempts at selling more Danish tabloid magazines and newspapers ;)

Queen Margrethe talks about the awe she felt when she saw how many people had turned up to hear her being proclaimed the new queen in January 1972 after her father had died. She had heard how many people had turned up to see her own father being proclaimed the new king in 1947 but she had never imagined people turning up in these numbers for her. She said it was very moving, very strange. CP Frederik then comments on the black and white picture of the young Margrethe on the balcony in 1972 - says that it is a very impressive image of his mother who is very collected, very moved. Mary says that her impression of this image of the queen is a very strong woman, very collected, perhaps a bit insecure, but a woman who was fully aware of the duty she was born to perform. She ends by saying that she also sees a little girl in deep grief over losing her father.

The bits about the birth of Marie and Joachim's son shows the traditionel way a new heir to the throne is announced. Joachim phoned his mother just after the birth and later writes a formal notification to the regent about the birth. After it is presented to the queen, the document is then taken the foreign ministry and the new heir is then included in the official documents on heirs to the Danish throne.

The bit about the family gathering on the queen's birthday before the traditional appearance on the balcony is rather sweet. The queen feeding little Christian cakes (according to "the official grandma manual" on bribery of grandchildren as it said) and prince Frederik's voice being heard 'only half a cake, mother, only half".
Thank u so much to give us the main important details of that first part! hope you can do the same for the others parts!:flowers:

thanks for the translations! it's interesting to see the "behind the scenes". very moving to see joachim's face when being congratulated upon the birth of henrik and how he greets nikolai and felix. he seems such a great dad. frederik's remark on the cake is also quite sweet.

Your welcome Ccile and Carlota :) - will try to make resumes of the subsequent parts as well.

The documentary itself was nicely done and it is great to get a look inside the palace. :)
What I didn't really like was the choice of music. It didn't always match the atmosphere of the scenes that were shown.;)

First part of the Documental " The Monarchy Inside"

Direct link
KONGEHUSET indefra 1:6

another link
Kongehuset indefra - dr.dk/DR1

Thank you so much for posting the links! I've just watched the video and found it fascinating. It is quite amazing that the Danish Royal Family seem able to mix the formality of court life and traditions with the informality of family life effortlessly. :flowers:

They were saying something about how they felt about all the fuzz about leaving the hospital, you know, something about the press and so.

I agree, it was absolutely lovely to see! I enjoyed every moment, and it really maked me even more proud than I was before of our monarchy :)

Congratulations!

You have many reasons to be proud of.

Thank you.

The documentary itself was nicely done and it is great to get a look inside the palace. :)
What I didn't really like was the choice of music. It didn't always match the atmosphere of the scenes that were shown.;)

I had the opposite impression - the music is a combination of old and modern, just like the monarhy today is a mix of great traditions and up-to-date lifestyle.

I did really injoy the film even without understanding a word :D

I loved watching that even though I don't speak any Danish. (Thank you for translating, UserDane! We love you! :clap:) I thought Isabella was such a doll - it was so cute at the beginning when she was standing downstairs with the present and murmured "Farmor" sort of to herself.

I loved the documentary and thank you UserDane for translating, can't wait for the next one. :flowers:

Many thanks to UserDane for the translation! Keep 'em coming!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom