Catherine the Great (2019 HBO TV Series)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG. Another Queen for Helen.

Ooooh...I love her. I think one of my favourite role of hers is Victoria in RED. It allowed her to bring out her spunkiness & mischief out to play & is it a hoot to watch!!

I’ll be tuning in for this & can’t wait!!

Oh wow...I cannot WAIT for this!!?

2019 is shaping up to be the years of queens ,Victoria,The Crown,Mary Queen of Scots,Queen Anne and Catherine the Great!

It is quite unfortunate that HBO decided to make TV series about the Russian history. Jason Clark as Prince Potemkin and Phil Dunster as Count Razumovsky are not good choices.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this series Helen normally does an excellent job and sets/costumes look lavish.

I'm looking forward to this series Helen normally does an excellent job and sets/costumes look lavish.

Oh good heavens do they indeed!!!Can't wait!! I love Helen Mirren

2019 is shaping up to be the years of queens ,Victoria,The Crown,Mary Queen of Scots,Queen Anne and Catherine the Great!

I was a little disappointed with the Mary Queen of Scots film, beginning with the casting. :ermm:

I am really hoping that Helen Mirren will hit this one out of the park the way she did with her portrayal of Elizabeth II.;)

The Official trailer of the Catherine The Great

Catherine the Great is a 4 episode mini-series. It is said to be released this fall of 2019 on HBO.

Catherine the Great is a 4 episode mini-series. It is said to be released this fall of 2019 on HBO.

we've all seen recently how high in quality HBO's miniseries are (chernobyl). i am very excited about this!

I still need to watch Chernobyl; so perhaps I'll watch this afterwards when it airs. Helen Mirren will be, well, great, as Catherine the Great, so I'll be looking forward into watching.

Looks like we'll have the Crown Series 3 and Catherine the Great this autumn!

Elizabeth I, Elizabeth II now an Empress...you go girl. Looks like despite the GoT debacle HBO is continuing to hit it out of the ball park

This sure is a hit! The life of Catherine the Great is also very interesting!

I am very fascinated by Russia and the Romanovs, but by watching the trailers here in the thread, I am afraid, Catherine the Great will be depicted as some super autocrat or as we would say today: Putin. But with love affairs...

And I have already my doubts about the omnipotence of Putin! And Putin has the Internet and Telephone and the Secret Service and the Police and the National Guard to direct the vast country Russia.

Then how could Catherine the Great be so allmighty? Without all that!

Imho the Great Empress was more of an enabler and picker of good men. Something she could do, because she liked men... - and threw them away, if they became useless.

But she came into her position, because she was the best agreement of the Russian nobles! And she had to stay that...

Day off today so I'm binge watching the new series!

I'm keeping this one for over the Christmas holidays.

Back
Top Bottom