British Royal Family: Documentaries, DVDs, Films and TV shows

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think a large part of the problem is that the really over-the-top negativity is not coming from the press: it's coming from hate-blogs, Instagram, Twitter, and comment sections, and no number of lawsuits, or appeals for sympathy are going to affect those. I have seen posters come on this and other forums outraged at the media, and ascribing some really vile comments to the tabloids, and then I read the article, and it isn't good, but it's nowhere near the level of horrible that is being ascribed to it. In fact, it seems pretty much business as usual. Then you see those stories expanded, explicated, exaggerated and perpetuated on social media and hate blogs, and it's at a whole different level. The tabloid press is an easy target, and I'm definitely not defending them, but the really awful, awful stuff is not in the press, it's from other sources, and it's affecting not just royals, but a lot of other segments of our society. I have no answers, but I think the problem, and it is a problem, is unfortunately very much larger than the tabloid press.

True and not true. The comment sections of the DM are cesspools of filth. They have the power to moderate and they don't. In fact comment sections under articles on other royal are heavily moderated if not closed all together. It is only the sussexes that are let there as sitting ducks. I mean even in comment section of KP instagram, i read disgusting posts, and they stay there for days. No moderation whatsoever.
The TL of many RRs on twitter are also filled with that filth, and they happily engaged with these people. In a word they are feed to beast. This is aiding and abetting. They cannot shrug off there responsibilities in this situation. It is too easy

Last edited:
Parts of the outside forces (press) have publicly smeared Meghan and parts of social media has helped fuel it. Some parts of the press has been doing this since Meghan entered Harry’s life. The campaign really caught fire after the Sussexes tour of Australia and New Zealand. The woman was pregnant, on maternity leave and then was at home taking care of her new born and folks within the press and on the net just lost their damn minds.

I came on here and said, “something has got to give” because I could clearly see the mess was uncontrollably snowballing. This isn’t some exaggeration. Go back and look at the coverage while Meghan was away and you’ll see what I’m talking about. I knew Harry was going to say something again and it happened.

Problem is some think what is taking place is normal. It isn’t.

I have read the coverage, and I understand what you are saying. My point was that the larger and more frightening (to me, anyway) problem is that what is in the press is a very diluted and pale reflection of what is going on in social media and some blogs. The press possibly can and probably should be reined in, but social media/blogs are the wild west, there are very few restraints there and they are the source of much of the ugliness that the Sussexes have had to deal with.

Edited to add: And I have just realized how OT this is, so the moderators may need to remove or move this.

Last edited:
I have read the coverage, and I understand what you are saying. My point was that the larger and more frightening (to me, anyway) problem is that what is in the press is a very diluted and pale refection of what is going on in social media and some blogs. The press possibly can and probably should be reined in, but social media/blogs are the wild west, there are very few restraints there and they are the source of much of the ugliness that the Sussexes have had to deal with.

Edited to add: And I have just realized how OT this is, so if the moderators may need to remove or move this.

It’s all hard to understand and watch. I just wish it all would stop, because this is being done to real human beings. Human beings that don’t deserve the abuse. You can see from the clips I posted how much the affects has had on Harry and Meghan.

I will wait till I get to see the full Bradby documentary to be telecast on Sunday evening, but, prima facie, there are a few comments that come to mind:

> It is very clear to me that Harry has a lot of unresolved issues relating to the death of Diana, and her relationship with the Press. This is a very sad situation, especially as it is 22 years since her death, and it appears that Harry has spent the better part of his life dealing with this matter. Harry has done well to seek professional help, and I suspect that, that process is nowhere near complete. Harry needs the space, time and support required to complete his journey to recovery, if I could refer to it as such.

> This is especially tricky given that Harry will often need to engage with the media to seek press coverage for the causes he supports.

> That said, I cannot but think that recent events (including the “war” on the media, the lawsuits, the personal elements of this documentary) have completely taken the focus away from the official trip to Africa. This is a pity, as they carried out some notable engagements and helped bring attention to some very worthwhile causes

> I think Meghan really needs to understand that if she is feeling vulnerable and needs support, she should seek it privately from friends and family, as she probably does, but does not need to talk about it to the media, as unfortunately, she has chosen to do in the Bradby documentary. This is a private matter, and really not one for public consumption, IMO.

The interview is going to be broadcast in America as well on ABC (surprise, surprise lol) so no doubt a lot of what Meghan is saying is geared to garner sympathy in the US.

I’ve said this before but I’m of the opinion Meghan thinks her primary constituency is America and not Britain.

It’s all hard to understand and watch. I just wish it all would stop, because this is being done to real human beings. Human beings that don’t deserve the abuse. You can see from the clips I posted how much the affects has had on Harry and Meghan.

But Meghan-Markle said she ignore the noise. This is really causing mental stress on her. She is obviously reading all the negative stuff , she needs to stay off social media. What Meghan and Harry have to do is take back the power from social media. ( which I think is there biggest problem) not the tabloids. Social media is vile. This is one of my favorite quotes;
“When you can’t control what’s happening ,challenge yourself, to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where the power is.” They have lost their power. There gripe might be legitimate. It just comes across as whiny.

I’ve said this before but I’m of the opinion Meghan thinks her primary constituency is America and not Britain.

And methinks, therein lies the problem!

True and not true. The comment sections of the DM are cesspools of filth. They have the power to moderate and they don't. In fact comment sections under articles on other royal are heavily moderated if not closed all together. It is only the sussexes that are let there as sitting ducks.

Not so- there are tons of negative comments about the Yorks, for example. It isn't just the Sussexes that are targeted.

There are tons and tons of negative comments about practically everyone in the royal family. Harry and Meghan is just trying to control the narrative.

Harry and Meghan cannot be shaken by what is written about them. We have the example of Queen Letizia of Spain who has been so attacked and yet never shown vulnerable in public. Harry and Meghan have to do the same.

But Meghan-Markle said she ignore the noise. This is really causing mental stress on her. She is obviously reading all the negative stuff , she needs to stay off social media. What Meghan and Harry have to do is take back the power from social media. ( which I think is there biggest problem) not the tabloids. Social media is vile. This is one of my favorite quotes;
“When you can’t control what’s happening ,challenge yourself, to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where the power is.” They have lost their power. There gripe might be legitimate. It just comes across as whiny.

Yep, just ignore a mob that wish you arm, that wish miscarriage, stillbirth, or Down's syndrome on your child. We know the mantra, never complain, nevr explain. Just shut up, have a seat and take it

Yep, just ignore a mob that wish you arm, that wish miscarriage, stillbirth, or Down's syndrome on your child. We know the mantra, never complain, nevr explain. Just shut up, have a seat and take it

It’s Meghan own words , to ignore the noise. She should take her own advice. I remember when they were dating , a lot of people on this forum talked about how suited she was . Because she would know how to handle the tabloids and social media. You’re acting like , she is the only one that people have wish such vile things about. I suggest you search back to when other royal ladies came on the scene . It’s not new to Meghan , she just need to watch how they respond to all the negative stuff. No one is saying people are right to say such vile things , Meghan just need to stop feeding into it.

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan cannot be shaken by what is written about them. We have the example of Queen Letizia of Spain who has been so attacked and yet never shown vulnerable in public. Harry and Meghan have to do the same.

This is an interesting take. What if the non stop abuse actually is getting to Meghan. I mean there were tens of articles calling her all kinds of names for touching her baby bump. There were articles calling her vulgar. A morning talk show host told her to go back to America. Another one called her uppity, on air, and it was based on a false Sun article. What if all that has actually got to Meghan? Is she really just supposed to never show vulnerability? Doesn't that go against ALL of the mental health campaigns the royals support?

IMHO Meghan is extremely brave for showing her struggle and vulnerability. I'm 100% sure it is much more encouraging to other people with no platform, who struggle, to see, that someone like Meghan struggles, it's ok, it doesn't make them weak or weird.

The interview is going to be broadcast in America as well on ABC (surprise, surprise lol) so no doubt a lot of what Meghan is saying is geared to garner sympathy in the US.

She talked to Tom Bradby. He’s a British journalist and a good friend to William and Harry. The documentary is just being shared with us in America, but this is an ITV documentary for the U.K. So the idea this is just being done for America isn’t true.

Perhaps you haven’t seen the documentaries where William is also expressing his concern over being attacked and protecting his wife in this kind of environment. Although, what is happening to Meghan is different, there’s nothing wrong with the royals telling us that it’s not easy to cope with everything.

It’s Meghan own words , to ignore the noise. She should take her own advice. I remember when they were dating , a lot of people on this forum talked about how suited she was . Because she would know how to handle the tabloids and social media. You’re acting like , she is the only one that people have wish such vile things about. I suggest you search back to when other royal ladies came on the scene . It’s not new to Meghan , she just need to watch how they respond to all the negative stuff. No one is saying people are right to say such vile things , Meghan just need to stop feeding into it.

Meghan is known to focus on the positive. She has told us this. But it’s nearly impossible to ignore the obvious smear campaign that was launched against her. She obviously kept herself busy behind the scenes with projects, but it couldn’t have been easy for her to see the campaign being invented against her and folks shouldn’t be all upset that this couple have publicly expressed their disappointment over the campaign. People should be far more upset over the campaign rather than being upset with the people who has been hurt.

Too much backward stuff going on here.

This is an interesting take. What if the non stop abuse actually is getting to Meghan. I mean there were tens of articles calling her all kinds of names for touching her baby bump. There were articles calling her vulgar. A morning talk show host told her to go back to America. Another one called her uppity, on air, and it was based on a false Sun article. What if all that has actually got to Meghan? Is she really just supposed to never show vulnerability? Doesn't that go against ALL of the mental health campaigns the royals support?

IMHO Meghan is extremely brave for showing her struggle and vulnerability. I'm 100% sure it is much more encouraging to other people with no platform, who struggle, to see, that someone like Meghan struggles, it's ok, it doesn't make them weak or weird.

Amen, Cocoasneeze.

Last edited:
Well as I expected many official blue ticked twitter accounts in Britain are already coming out against Meghan and her ‘actress’ tears.

The Mail Online carries the headline “Meg: My Struggle” with a bit of an eye roll.

I agree with a previous post, this was the area everyone said Meghan would excel. She was used to the press, she knew how to work the media etc.

Really hope it all works out for the Firm in the end.

Well as I expected many official blue ticked twitter accounts in Britain are already coming out against Meghan and her ‘actress’ tears.

The Mail Online carries the headline “Meg: My Struggle” with a bit of an eye roll.

I agree with a previous post, this was the area everyone said Meghan would excel. She was used to the press, she knew how to work the media etc.

It’s just all part of bullying her because she’s a former actress. We should know the DM was going to do this and folks shouldn’t validate what the DM is doing. I said time and time again on here that people should not use her former profession against her. She’s a human being and human beings have feelings and it’s perfectly normal to express some real hurt feelings over being bullied by the outside forces.

Meghan has some experience with the media platform, but never on this kind of level. What she’s dealing with is totally different. No comparison.

Last edited:

Meghan has now openly said, that she struggles with the non stop unnecessary and often times cruel criticism, and people are "coming out against her" and dailymail mocks her?! Is this supposed to be a slight against Meghan? I hope these people take a long hard look at themselves the next time they retweet a hashtag about mental health support.

I think what the Duchess needs is just that one honest friend who can remind her that she’s healthy, beautiful and rich, happily married, lucky to have a healthy baby & living a life most women could never even dream of - and gently advise her to 'count her [manifest] blessings'.

Last edited:
I think what the Duchess needs is just that one honest friend who can remind her that she’s healthy, beautiful and rich, happily married, lucky to have a healthy baby & living a life most women could never even dream of - and gently advise her to 'count her [manifest] blessings'.

Good advice. This is also, where family and friends outside the limelight would come in handy.

Meghan also flat out said that while she worked as an actress she did had a quiet life and didn't deal with the press and wasn't part of popular culture. Meghan has done well but she is still human.

Honestly this is no different than when William came to Kate's defense years ago. Have we forgotten his many calls for her protection?

People want to use Meghan's past against her and that is fine but using the Daily Mail who has said some vile nonsense as a talking point doesn't do much but prove hers all the more.

Meghan is extremely privileged. No doubt about that but she has also been cruelly treated during one of the most vulnerable periods of a woman's life and she clearly was affected and not hiding it. Good on her.

How they all go forward from how will be telling not the royals will keep on working like they always do.

Harry acknowledged that having a home in Africa would be 'difficult if not impossible' according to Bradby. And it would. It's been a pipe dream of Harry's since his teenage years.

There are reports from some news sources today that the couple intend to take six weeks off Royal duties from mid November to virtually the end of December for 'family time'. However apparently they will be at Sandringham for Xmas, and the run up to Xmas and just after it, is pretty quiet for Royal engagements anyway.

There are also outpourings of support for Meghan after the little clip with Tom Bradby was shown. Tens of thousands have poured out support since Friday afternoon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Meghan-Outpouring-support-Duchess-Sussex.html

Okay, my friends:
British Journalist, Tom Bradby, just wrote an article in the U.K. Sunday Times ahead of the documentary and someone just posted the article up on twitter.

Here’s the link-

I can’t believe this is happening to this couple. I can’t believe this has been allowed to happen without an ounce of support from the family. I’m too emotional about all this, so I’m just gonna let you guys read Tom’s article.

:previous: Indeed.

Even among the older generation of royals, there has not been this need 'keep it behind closed doors' for many years now.

Royals need to stay relevant. That is not simply waving and looking pretty. Its making a personal connection to the people. Some of the best charities the royals are involved with, are those they have a personal link to. When it is something they have felt and connected to in their own lives, there is more of a drive and passion you feel from them. And yes, that helps when they are raising awareness for their causes.

The reality is there are too many people who say 'how can a royal talk about anything, they are so out of touch, they don't understand'. It's important for people to recognize that there is a connection.

Among the British royals we see this alive and well in the younger royals and not just talking Diana.

-Harry: talking about his time in the military and his inspiration for Invictus
-Eugenie: and her scoliosis. Including choosing her wedding dress design to share with women who have been ashamed of their scars, that its okay to show them, they are a sign of strength.
-Beatrice: working with dyslexia projects and speaking of her own struggles
-Camilla: her link to osteoperosis and her mother, family history of it

And plenty of other examples with other royal families. Dyslexia and the struggle with it being a common one.

If Henry really wants to get out of this life, and move to Africa, then go.

I'd rather he give up his HRH, his position in the line of succession and live a happy life with his family than experience what the couple is currently giving the British Royal Family. In my opinion, they're half-assing it and doing what they "need" to do to keep face. They shouldn't have to do that, they should want to be out there with the British people. I mean this wholeheartedly and with no sarcasm or criticism, if Henry and his family are not happy in this situation they need to get out of it. For them and their future children.

Palace sources have confirmed that reports of the break are accurate.

Last edited:
Harry acknowledged that having a home in Africa would be 'difficult if not impossible' according to Bradby. And it would. It's been a pipe dream of Harry's since his teenage years.

There are reports from some news sources today that the couple intend to take six weeks off Royal duties from mid November to virtually the end of December for 'family time'. However apparently they will be at Sandringham for Xmas, and the run up to Xmas and just after it, is pretty quiet for Royal engagements anyway.

There are also outpourings of support for Meghan after the little clip with Tom Bradby was shown. Tens of thousands have poured out support since Friday afternoon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Meghan-Outpouring-support-Duchess-Sussex.html

If they would really move constantly, not just for 6 weeks, to Africa, the Duchess would be, once and for all, finished in Britain because she would get all the blame for dragging Harry away from his people!
Don´t know if this would really be a wise decision...?:cool::whistling:

If they would really move constantly, not just for 6 weeks, to Africa, the Duchess would be, once and for all, finished in Britain because she would get all the blame for dragging Harry away from his people!
Don´t know if this would really be a wise decision...?:cool::whistling:

"Harry's people" are his family. And there would be nothing from stopping them tocoming to Britain, they haven't committed any crimes. If they came back, what would happen? Would tabloids write mean, inaccurate articles about them non stop? Because that's already happening.

Whatever Harry and Meghan decide to do, I hope it's what makes them happy and eases the pressures and bullying them, which they've been facing for a while.

"Harry's people" are his family. And there would be nothing from stopping them tocoming to Britain, they haven't committed any crimes. If they came back, what would happen? Would tabloids write mean, inaccurate articles about them non stop? Because that's already happening.

Whatever Harry and Meghan decide to do, I hope it's what makes them happy and eases the pressures and bullying them, which they've been facing for a while.

I guess the mood would be worse than just the "tabloids write mean, inaccurate articles about them non stop" (mean it is, but if they are always that inaccurate I don´t know). I guess they would become a 2nd Duke and Dchss of Windsor. And no, "the people" of a Prince in an active reigning royal family are not just his family....!

If Henry really wants to get out of this life, and move to Africa, then go.

I'd rather he give up his HRH, his position in the line of succession and live a happy life with his family than experience what the couple is currently giving the British Royal Family. In my opinion, they're half-assing it and doing what they "need" to do to keep face. They shouldn't have to do that, they should want to be out there with the British people. I mean this wholeheartedly and with no sarcasm or criticism, if Henry and his family are not happy in this situation they need to get out of it. For them and their future children.

Palace sources have confirmed that reports of the break are accurate.

No matter what is going on, there’s no doubt that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are totally dedicated to their Royal roles and duties to the Monarchy, people and Commonwealth. They are dedicated to their royal patronage’s and to the people that benefit from these organizations. They got that part down, so we don’t have to make it seem like they’re rejecting their Royal roles and obligations. They’re not.

What they need a break from is the unnecessary and hurtful abuse they’ve been hit with. The abuse that no human being should put up with. The smear campaign that has snowballed into something really nasty. No person should have to go through this.

The royal couple aren’t doing anything wrong towards the royal family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, my friends:
British Journalist, Tom Bradby, just wrote an article in the U.K. Sunday Times ahead of the documentary and someone just posted the article up on twitter.

Here’s the link-

I can’t believe this is happening to this couple. I can’t believe this has been allowed to happen without an ounce of support from the family. I’m too emotional about all this, so I’m just gonna let you guys read Tom’s article.

If this interview is really what the papers are making of it (I haven't seen it not being in Britain), it seems like a "cry for help" from Harry.

Much like his mother before him, I am afraid it will not be well received in the UK though and will only add to criticism of the couple and questions about Harry's emotional issues, which are clearly out there.

I don't see Harry walking away to a private life as a realistic option either as it conflicts with his father's and his grandmother's expectations of him ( I don't know about his brother's) and, unlike Diana, he cannot "divorce" the Royal Family. That is why I said I see it more as a cry for help than a serious proposition.

Back
Top Bottom