The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
While you are there, check out the "Singles Reign" gallery at the bottom of the page. It's kind of funny- on the intro page to the gallery, they still have Prince Felipe. However, they have removed him from the gallery itself. However, they are missing Guillaume. I think they hadn't changed the page too much from several years ago when they ran a royal bachelors program (long before the engagements of Mary and Letizia, maybe even Haakon)
I remember watching that program about a year ago, before I was interested in most of the modern-day royals, and it was a really interesting show, and now that I know who all of these handsome young royal men are (eligible or not ) I really want to see it again. Are they going to be playing it too?

BTW, the gallery makes a GLARING error on CP Victoria's page, where it says she is the "ONLY FEMALE in line to the throne of one of the world's 29 monarchies" which is clearly not true. She's the only female who's first in line, but not the only female in line Silly WE.

His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 11-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think so. It didn't list it, since it (the one I remember watching) is now hopelessly out of date. (They can no longer speculate whether Fred or Felipe will get married first, can they? hehe) However, it was a very good overview on this generation of royals, so I wish they would air a program like it. It is WE, so they could show one about royal weddings or the royal baby boom of the last five years. Maybe I'll send them an email......

Old 11-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The WE network is re-airing the same exact program from years past. It's funny to see how sloppy they are when it comes to updating their programs. Nonetheless, their royal programs are just okay for those who are unfamiliar with monarchies.

I might watch even though I've seen it a hundred times before.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I put this in Princess Diana by accident--ignore that one. Here is where it belongs:

In the USA, Larry King brought together a panel of guests to discuss the British Royals on the eve of Prince William's 22nd birthday. On the panel were Robert Lacey, author of many books on British Royals; Harold Brooks-Baker, publisher of Burke's Peerage; Dickie Arbiter, former member of Charles' staff; and Simon Perry, editor of People magazine.

Among topics discussed were: William's future marriage; Charles and Camilla getting married??; Is Camilla ill?

The panel agreed that they believe William will get married around the age of 30, possibly before his father did at 32. They did not discuss Kate Middleton, but discussed how they believe William will search for his life partner. The discussed compatibility and William's innate caution, especially in light of his parents' marital breakdown.

They were split on whether Charles and Camilla will ever marry. Some say they are waiting for the right time, others say they will just remain as they are. It was discussed that Prince Charles is ruining his and the monarchy's image by leaving the question open and that his relationship with Camilla should be "regularized". Also discussed was the British people's lukewarm acceptance of Camilla and their desire not to see her as Princess of Wales then Queen.

They all concurred that Camilla is not seriously ill. She has some minor malady that is not life threatening. Harold Brooks-Baker spoke to Camilla's friends directly and they all told him she is fine. He says he believes them.

Pictures of Harry were shown and all reported that Harry is doing superb!! They also showed William in his water polo "uniform"

I wonder if anyone else saw the program and what are your opinions of what was said??
Sarah Ferguson,Duchess of York was interviewed by Larry King a few years back.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Cate Blanchett resumes her role as Elizabeth I, i cant wait to see it!

Virgin queen and love triangle with Sir Walter

Putting matters of state before affairs of the heart earned Elizabeth I the title of the Virgin Queen
However, a Hollywood film is about to claim that she was so in love with Sir Walter Raleigh that she had one of her ladies-in-waiting seduce him so she could live out her own sexual fantasies.
Elizabeth The Golden Age will claim that an infatuated Queen Elizabeth, played by Cate Blanchett, longed for a physical relationship with Raleigh, played by Clive Owen, but held back for fear of losing her crown. Instead, she engineered a relationship between Raleigh and her close confidante Elizabeth "Bess" Throckmorton so she could enjoy a love affair by proxy.

Virgin queen and love triangle with Sir Walter | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Old 07-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I am hanging to see this continuation like you would not believe!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Looks pretty cool ! Helen Mirren played Elizabeth I in a TV film before starring in The Queen for Stephen Frears, didn't she ?

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Elizabeth I was made for TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Looks pretty cool ! Helen Mirren played Elizabeth I in a TV film before starring in The Queen for Stephen Frears, didn't she ?
Yes.
Elizabeth I (2005) (TV)
I believe she is credited for being the first actress to play both Queen Elizabeths (regnant) of England. It was a co-production from HBO (US) and I'm not sure which UK network (sorry--not BBC but not sure if it was Granada, Channel 4 or another group). The DVD is available for region 1 (US) but I'm sure it's in other formats by now, may want to check Amazon or other sites. It is definitely drool-worthy for the costumes alone and the performances.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Elizabeth I was great but when I saw trailers of Elizabeth: The Golden Age I can say that can be much better.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) - Trailers

Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) (only few photos at the moment)
Old 09-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Courtier

The Young Victoria

The Young Victoria (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Martin Scorsese to Produce The Young Victoria

:w00t2:

Looks really promising! The cast looks great! Jim Broadbent, Miranda Richardson and Paul Bettany. I don't know who Emily Blunt is, but hopefully she lives up to the standards of Victoria Hamilton in the 2001 miniseries. I'm kind of disappointed that Rupert Friend is playing Prince Albert; I don't care for him very much. I'd rather Jonathan Firth reprise his role

Princess Beatrice is also going to make a cameo. I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie! It's been a while since there was a big screen flick about more distant royals!
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 09-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds interesting. According to IMDB it will be out sometime in 2008.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Courtier

I'm also looking forward to it..
and I hope my dear Thomas Kretschmann will be King Leopold!!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm really looking forward to seeing this! It sounds interesting, but I really hope they do a good job with it. I find it kind of neat that Princess Beatrice, a real descendant of Victoria, will be making a cameo appearance.

By the way, Emily Blunt was in the well-known movie, The Devil Wears Prada, where she played the mean assistant, and got a good bit of praise for the roll.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Gentry

Ooh, a new film about Victoria!

I became fascinated with Victoria and Albert after watching the miniseries. Their love story is inspiring. And the way they loved...stormy and deep. What a connection.

I have to admit to a small crush on Prince Albert; what an accomplished, intelligent man who also wasn't afraid to feel.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
The Young Victoria (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Martin Scorsese to Produce The Young Victoria

:w00t2:

Looks really promising! The cast looks great! Jim Broadbent, Miranda Richardson and Paul Bettany. I don't know who Emily Blunt is, but hopefully she lives up to the standards of Victoria Hamilton in the 2001 miniseries. I'm kind of disappointed that Rupert Friend is playing Prince Albert; I don't care for him very much. I'd rather Jonathan Firth reprise his role
Did you see "The Devil Wears Prada"? Emily Blunt was the English girl who was the other assistant to Meryl Streep. She doesn't look much like Victoria, but she's a pretty good actress.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I find it kind of neat that Princess Beatrice, a real descendant of Victoria, will be making a cameo appearance.
According to the article morhange posted Sarah, Duchess of York is co-producing this film.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

OUCH! Reviews are not looking too good for the movie, Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

Quote:
US critics have savaged Cate Blanchett's new Oscar hope, Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

"Elizabeth: The Golden Age is an unholy mixture of the banal and the bombastic," New York magazine told its readers.

Source
Old 10-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I've never listened to the ramblings of any overpaid movie critic, myself. What the papers have to say means very little to moi...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Gentry

Princess Anne Wedding

I am looking for video of Princess Anne's Wedding. I know it might be hard to come by, but I was hoping someone had a VCR back then.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Heir Apparent

That may be true; however, many do (as in the general population, not TRF members, royal watchers, etc) listen to "...the ramblings of any overpaid movie critic[s]."

The trailer looks pretty good and as a fan of Cate's work I'll definitely see this film. Perhaps on Sunday I'll go

Tags
duchess of sussex, haakon vii, maud, meghan markle, olav v