The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

I have not watched every episode but I am struck by the access that the documentary makers have been given to the papers of living royals, namely Prince Charles and Prince Philip.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have seen the movie and while the sceneries were absolutely breathtaking, with great eye for detail, the title was misleading. Yes, Louis and Edwina Mountbatten were major characters but there were four storylines:

that of the last Viceroy and his family,

that of the Household,

that of an Islamic valet of the Viceroy falling in love with a Hindu companion to Lady Pamela (showing divisions in the Household)

That of the politicians (the British and Nehru, Jinnah, Gandhi, etc.)

The Viceroy himself, Lady Edwina and their daughter Lady Pamela were not the Leitmotiv of the film, let me say. But all by all a fascinating movie about the Partition of British India. Especially Lady Edwina made a strong impression, being more or less a wise counsel to Lord Louis, in this narrative that was.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:59 AM
Majesty

When Harry Met Meghan: A Royal Romance

When Harry Met Meghan: A Royal Romance brand new documentary on Channel 4
When Harry Met Meghan: Brand new documentary on Channel 4 | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-28-2017, 08:09 AM
Majesty

Old 10-29-2017, 07:34 AM
Majesty

When Harry Met Meghan: A Royal Romance - On Demand - All 4
Old 11-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Where can I watch this documentary?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Old 01-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Majesty

REELZ TV is replaying William/Catherine/Diana coverage hours today. I think new is an hour on Meghan/Harry. If anyone is uninterested in the hockey/basketball/football, it's an option.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:50 PM
Nobility

Meghan Markle films and television

Just found this. It's a film called Anti-Social (2015). Action/thriller. Based on true events. Meghan is the principal female character, the love interest of the Gregg Sulkin role.
Here's the trailer: https://youtu.be/YGpxFjDoQwU

If you're a member of netflix you can watch it there. I think it's available through amazon too, and other things.

Even better trailer, more Meghan: https://youtu.be/YDcdduuXTrY
Old 04-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Majesty

Documentary "Kate - The Queen of the Future" subtitled in Portuguese
Old 04-20-2018, 01:56 AM
Royal Highness

Meghan Markle: American Princess

Programming note: American TV network CBS is broadcasting an one hour biography about Meghan called Meghan Markle American Princess. This is the first time the American legitimate media is addressing Meghan. It comes on April 20 at 10:00 pm EST in the US. I am not sure if there will be showings outside the US. It will feature remarks from old teachers, Meghan's sorority sisters, friends, co-workers, Wendell Pierce, the actor who plays the father of Meghan's character on Suits. It does not note any interviews of her family. This should be interesting for certain attention seeking Markles love to go to the cameras and they are not interviewed by a major broadcast network that has a wider audience than a cable show.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I saw the trailer for this earlier on TV. I think that its the first of many to come over the next month (that I know of). Surprisingly, my hubby didn't realize just who Meghan was until I pointed her out in a Suits trailer recently. He knew Harry was getting married but had no clue to who. So..... good reason for him to watch the US programs leading up to the wedding. Right?
Old 04-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Majesty

Gayle King (best chum of Oprah, through the years) is the talking head on this show. She will also co host the CBS coverage of the wedding.

She's quite "Oh gosh, I love those royals," so don't expect anything salacious. It appears they sought out people that will say nice things about MM. There will be a lot of smiles, giggles and compliments. All praise earned IMO, but fairly puffed up!
Old 04-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Gayle King (best chum of Oprah, through the years) is the talking head on this show. She will also co host the CBS coverage of the wedding.

She's quite "Oh gosh, I love those royals," so don't expect anything salacious. It appears they sought out people that will say nice things about MM. There will be a lot of smiles, giggles and compliments. All praise earned IMO, but fairly puffed up!
Are all those specials leading up to the royal weddings general puff pieces? I've never seen any investigative journalism or slam pieces.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is a preview of it.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

It's laughable to see some of these people completely change their tune about Meghan from when the relationship came to light to now. Tina Brown is another one of them. I remember her being quite stuck up about it and talk about how they didn't matter when the relationship first came now. Now Meghan's a rock star? Be consistent, Tina.

BTW, I just went to CBS' homepage because I was looking for another show. This special is taking over the entire first page of the homepage.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:33 PM
Royal Highness

I just finished watching the show and it was frothy as expected. It mentioned the racism that has swirled and the anthrax scare. The family was not included in the interviews and only Meghan's parents were mentioned in the show. Meghan was the first to graduate from college from the family. And the guest list family is expected. Get ready for the Tweetstorm and a new round of tabloid stories about being snubbed.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

The entire program can be viewed at the CBS website:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/meghan...ican-princess/
Old 04-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

I watched this last night! Typical royal wedding type of program! Easy TV watching!
Old 04-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I watched this last night! Typical royal wedding type of program! Easy TV watching!
Fluffy, unchallenging viewing. A nice change from the dreary political news of the day.

Tags
duchess of sussex, haakon vii, maud, meghan markle, olav v