The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Recently got it for Christmas anyone remember it with Victoria Hamilton and Johnathan Firth.
From 2001 anyone seen it got it for Christmas it was a great gift

Old 01-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I have seen it, but I prefer the actors who portray Victoria and Albert in Edward the 7th ( known as Edward the King here in the US).
But V& A is a wonderful movie too.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen- TLC Docudrama

An ad came on TV tonight for a 2 hour docudrama about the life and reign of QE2 to air on TLC sometime in Feb.
But I do not think it is new, it is the same title and the actors looked similar to a 4 part BBC docudrama I have on DVD that aired in the UK 2 years ago.
I think this is the US premiere of that. Could be different program though so worth a heads-up!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you roseroyal for the heads up. I will make sure I set my TV to record it.
It should be interesting to watch as Queen Elizabeth seems to be a fascinating person.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

2nite Ovation TV is airing a new special on Diana Princess of Wales, a special on Wills & Kate, and a 2 hr documentary on William' s life.
It all starts at 5:00 PST in the U.S.
Ovation is also airing new specials on the British Royals starting at 5:00 PM PST 2nite thru Sat. night
And Sat. night is devoted to new specials about the Princess of Wales! I know when I am watching!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Thank you roseroyal for the heads up. I will make sure I set my TV to record it.
It should be interesting to watch as Queen Elizabeth seems to be a fascinating person.
You are welcome. Wish I could remember the date of the program. Seems to me it is sometime in the middle of the month.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

BBC: A History of Royal Weddings

Received from the BBC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From the BBC History website, their latest collection: 'A History of Royal Weddings':

BBC - A History of Royal Weddings (pictures, video, facts & news)

There's pages and embeddable archive clips for each of the major British royal weddings from the last 100 years,

from
George VI's in 1923:

Duke of York & Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon 1923

to
Charles and Diana in 1981:

Prince of Wales & Lady Diana Spencer 1981

and
Engagement clips for William and Catherine
:

Prince William & Catherine Middleton Engagement 2010

Simon Delafond | BBC Vision MPP - History
MC3 A4, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7TQ
Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The Blighty Channel which airs in the UK is showing a series of documentaries in the lead up to the Royal Wedding.
Details below:

Blighty
Old 05-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Serene Highness

Monarchy: Royal Family at Work

PBS is showing an older documentary about the British Royal Family at work - it's fascimating. I know it's not being shown everywhere, but if it's here in HI, it's on the mainland as well.

I wasn't sure where to put this post, couldn't see discussion about this excellent documentary series elsewhere - mods please move to better place.

Everyone else: don't miss it!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Gentry

One of the best documentaries on the British family I can think of is "Elizabeth R" made in 1992 for the 40th anniversary of Her Majesty's ascention. The amount you hear off the record is astounding, especially from Her Majesty. In this documentary we hear her admit to having a diary but not as detailed as Queen Victoria's. Individual clips of this documentary can be found on YouTube, but I do not know how to upload videos or if there are any legal complications, all I know is that the person who posts them is called "reelsarency" and I am eternally grateful to whoever they are for these gems of royal life. It is an amazing documentary.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:56 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Various scenes from 'Elizabeth R' (1992) can be found here.

For those who have never seen it, here's a short teaser...

Old 06-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tomorrow, sunday 26.6.2011 the satellite channel ARTE will show newly found TV material of the coronation of Elizabeth II. on 7.30 AM. ARTE is available on the ASTRA satellite sytsem in both German and French language.

If somebody has a chance to tape it and publish it at YouTube - this is a delight- and insightful programme worth watching as it has a well-informed comment to it.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:54 AM

Documentary on Prince Harry's Fans

Hi! I'd like introduce myself as a new forum member! I have the great honour of making a documentary about Prince Harry's fans.

Since the Royal Wedding this spring Prince Harry’s popularity has sky rocketed. The documentary will look at the public’s affectionate relationship with the third in line to the throne, and ask what it is about Harry that people find so endearing. It is being made in Britain by Rare Day for Channel Four’s critically acclaimed First Cut strand.

I would love your help - whether it's Harry facts or pictures, if you know a fan who might like to take part, or any thoughts on what the film should include! The filming will be done in the UK in August or September - so fans need to be UK based, or visiting the British Isles then.

Here are a couple photos I took of Prince Harry at Ascot on Saturday.

Get in touch - don't be shy - I'm very friendly!
Emily.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry 1.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	278230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry 2.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	278231  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd like to see Harry more at work, and less in nightclubs.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM

It's been a while since Harry has been seen coming out of one though...
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

Do you know if they will be showing your documentary in the US?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Aristocracy

I'd personally like to hear more about the Apache helicopters he's learning to fly! (And it wouldn't hurt to see him at work either...)

I have to agree that it has been awhile since we've heard about Prince Harry and nightclubs other than what is in the distant past. These days its mostly either about women he may be dating or his work with the military.

I would also like to see this documentary made available to those in the U.S.- either online or on TV!

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
I'd personally like to hear more about the Apache helicopters he's learning to fly! (And it wouldn't hurt to see him at work either...)
Some technical info about the UK Apache helicopters, the ones Harry is learning to fly.
AgustaWestland Apache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

they will make film about prince harry life ?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
they will make film about prince harry life ?
They were making a movie about Prince Harry's life, but I think this is a documentary about Prince Harry's fans - maybe the original poster can come back and elaborate. Here is an article on the movie they were making - last I heard they were looking for people to play Prince Harry. I don't know if they're still making it or not.

Coming to a screen near you, Harry the movie star
By BAZ BAMIGBOYE
Last updated at 10:51 AM on 2nd October 2009
BAZ BAMIGBOYE Coming to a screen near you: Prince Harry the film star | Mail Online

Tags
duchess of sussex, haakon vii, maud, meghan markle, olav v