"A Royal Family/En Kongelig Familie" (2004) - TV Series and Book on Christian IX

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdas1201 said:
Does anyone have any idea as to where I can buy the 2 set DVD of A Royal Family compatible with Region 1 DVD players (US)??

I just read that Majesty Magazine sells them, but they are compatible for European players (Region 2).

If you find out let me know! I bought it before finding that out :(. I guess I might have to buy a new DVD player that is region free.

I think I am going to gather the courage to buy the DVD in PAL Format, even though I need it in NTSC. Maybe if someone has any ideas about how to change regions on their laptop dvd player. Please PM me, as I don't want to go off-topic here.

pdas1201 said:
I think I am going to gather the courage to buy the DVD in PAL Format, even though I need it in NTSC. Maybe if someone has any ideas about how to change regions on their laptop dvd player. Please PM me, as I don't want to go off-topic here.

Buy a DVD converter instead. Check out amazon.com or ebay for more details.

I finally gave in and bought one. Worth the money in the end.:)

pdas1201 said:
Does anyone have any idea as to where I can buy the 2 set DVD of A Royal Family compatible with Region 1 DVD players (US)??

If you are talking about the DVD "The Windsors: A Royal Family" (the cover is purple with a picture of the Royal Family). I bought my copy off of Amizon.com and it is for the US. Hope this helps!!!

madalx2 said:
pdas1201 said:

If you are talking about the DVD "The Windsors: A Royal Family" (the cover is purple with a picture of the Royal Family). I bought my copy off of Amizon.com and it is for the US. Hope this helps!!!

I believe she may be talking about the hard to find DVD A Royal Family which highlights King Frederik as the Grandfather of Europe. :)

Thanks guys for all your help:) I'll think of 'investing' in a dvd converter.

Madalx2, I was indeed referring to the Royal Family dvd about King Christian IX and his descendents.

My friends & I in college called the Hist. Channel the WW2 Channel or the Hitler Channel :p :D

This comment sprang to mind the other day when I saw two programmes advertised on said channel;

Saddam's Nazi Connections
Was Hitler Gay?

Marvellous programming. But on a serious note, they had a programme called "Royal Jewels" on this weekend which was quite interesting.

"A Royal Family" is being screened on Friday nights at 7:30pm on SBS in Australia for those interested. It begins this week with Part 1

Any word on whether or not this DVD is avaliable in the US? I went to the website for info and downloaded a really nice clip with King Olav, King Constantine, Queen Margarethe, Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte and the two Prince Michaels, of Kent and of Greece. It looks SO interesting.

The documentary has been broadcasting on SBS in Australia in the last 3 weeks, every Fridays, at 7.30 pm, so i just want to let any members from Australai know and watch it. It's interesting and seeing the Royals sharing their knowledge/ experiences such as from Queen Margrethe,Crown princew Frederik,etc...

Regina said:
Oh I undestand you perfectly. We have, in Portugal, the History Channel and they are always talking about Hitler... the Holocaust... the Jew-baiting, the WW2, etc. It's really repetitive! Hitler is, imo, an interesting person to be studied. He was so maniacal, so obcessed, so hateful, but at same time he was the most charismatical leader of the past century. By other side always watching things about all this is toooo much!

And I thought it was just here in Germany that history seems only to consist of Hitler and WW2 when it comes to documentaries on TV...

This program is being shown in the US on PBS. It will be on for the whole week at 12:30 a.m. EST.

I can't find it on my TV's guide :( Is it being shown on all PBS stations in the US? My DirecTV channel thing says that Charlie Rose (I think) is on at midnight, and when I do a search for 'A Royal Family' nothing shows up, which is a shame, because I REALLY want to see thsi documentary!

Couldn't find the book on Majesty Magazine's Website...anyone know where else it may be?

I've been looking for it and haven't found it anywhere since it stopped being offered by Majesty. I tried to buy it from Majesty when it was still being offered, but the book was out of stock by then and they haven't renewed the offer.

I'm not sure if it's on all PBS stations. I live in the NY area so I'm not sure if it's all over the US.

Elspeth said:
I've been looking for it and haven't found it anywhere since it stopped being offered by Majesty. I tried to buy it from Majesty when it was still being offered, but the book was out of stock by then and they haven't renewed the offer.

I saw on amazon a guy who was listing all the great Royalty books, and A Royal Family was on the list. he said the only two places you could get the book were Denmark and Majesty Magazine.

Marie7 said:
I'm not sure if it's on all PBS stations. I live in the NY area so I'm not sure if it's all over the US.

How disappointing :ermm: I'd really been looking forward to seeing this. I guess all I can do is keep a look out for it to come on some other time, since I can't even buy it from Majesty anymore.

puppigurl2005 said:
I saw on amazon a guy who was listing all the great Royalty books, and A Royal Family was on the list. he said the only two places you could get the book were Denmark and Majesty Magazine.

Its not even on EBay

I got my copy of A Royal Family off Ebay Austraila which I can only watch on my code free DVD player.

The program is not available for our SoCal members specifically KCET (LA) and KOCE (OC) (our local PBS stations.)

puppigurl2005 said:

Well, you can't get it at Majesty Magazine any more.

I wonder if there is a way to petition my local PBS station to show this! I'd love the book, but I really want to find the DVD or at least get to watch it.

What about a library? Would some local libraries have a DVD or VHS of A Royal Family. It was on my PBS network here in Tampa, Florida last year at this time that is when I saw it for the first time. However, it is currently running again on the PBS network here. It seems to run at different times here. So I would encourage all members that are in other parts of the U.S. to keep a close eye out for it.

If anyone else is interested in purchasing this DVD, I found it on the ABC Australia website! It costs only about $35 in American money. I just ordered my copy today. It's a region 4, but I have a program on my computer that will play a DVD of any region.

Here's the link: A Royal Family - ABC Shop - The Home of Australian Content

Any ideas where I can get the Book or DVD for showing in the UK DVD region? I've tried lots of places but without any luck Thanks!

I ordered the DVD from the ABC Shop. Does anyone know if it will be in English? It doesn't really matter if it is or isn't. I'm looking forward to seeing the vintage royal clips.

I ordered the DVD from the ABC Shop. Does anyone know if it will be in English? It doesn't really matter if it is or isn't. I'm looking forward to seeing the vintage royal clips.
When it was aired on Danish TV, all the featured royals spoke English; I can't remember if there was an occasional lapse into Danish, but it was mainly in English :)

Back
Top Bottom