Victoria & Carl Philip's Official Visit to Shanghai: August 28-31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrandDuchess

Heir Apparent
City
Somwhere
Country
Sweden
The Royal Court today announced via a press release that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip will visit Shanghai, China on 28-31 August 2006 to participate in the welcoming of the East Indiaman ship Götheborg to the city, and participate in events surrounding the ship's other stops in Chinese cities.

On 28 August, the Crown Princess and Prince Carl Philip will be onboard Götheborg as it sails into central Shanghai, they royals will be joined by other important figures such as the Mayor and representatives from the city of Göteborg in Sweden and the Swedish business life.

Crown Princess Victoria will also inaugurate the Swedish design exhibiton "Improving Life - the Design of Swedish Innovations" that is to be held at Shanghai's city library. The inauguration is followed by a seminar on innovations, entrepreneurshop, brand identity and design. In the visit, a program involving children's theatre and children's litterature is also entailed.

The Crown Princess and Prince Carl Philip will also visit the newly built city Luodian, where the city planning has been inspired by the Swedish city of Sigtuna and the closeness to Lake Mälaren.

http://www.royalcourt.se/ovrigt/pre...meddelanden/5.15b204310cb5c03d5680001105.html

Last edited:
Thank´s for the info, sounds great! This must be the first time that Carl-Philip is representing sweden on a major international travel without his parents, right?

I was going to ask the same thing! I am glad to see him doing something like this with his sister.

Do you think he just goes wit her because she is single? Wouldnt that be a job for a husband of a crown princess?

When the day comes and Victoria is the Queen, Carl Philip will be her back-up until her own children are grown. Carl Philip has completed at least the first part of his post highschool graduation and I am certain we will see much more of him in a official capacity. Victoria often accompanied the King and Queen earlier on in her training and now Carl Philip accompanies Victoria. He is there as the second in line after Victoria, not as her date in lieu of a husband.

Yesterday on Monday 28 August, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip arrived to North Bound in Shanghai, China onboard the East Indiaman ship Götheborg.

On their first day in the city, the Crown Princess and Prince paid a visit to the C.Y. Tung Maritime Museum.

On Tuesday morning they opened a Swedish-Chinese exhibition about memorable events in the relations between China and Sweden at the sea voyage museum at the Jiaotong university in Shanghai. In the evening the two royals will be guests at the Mayor's banquet in the Shanghai International Convention Center.

Pictures via the Royal Court

Pressens Bild/Leif R Jansson

Stella Pictures

The programme of the visit also include the inauguration of the Swedish design exhibiton "Improving Life - the Design of Swedish Innovations" that is to be held at Shanghai's city library, some sort of visit involving children's theatre and children's litterature and a visit to the newly built city Luodian, where the city planning has been inspired by the Swedish city of Sigtuna and the closeness to Lake Mälaren.

Last edited:
Pictures by Leif R Jansson/Pressens Bild via Svenska Dagbladet

At the C.Y Tung Maritime Museum, the Crown Princess received gift, a model of a traditional Chinese djonk, from Professor Xie Sengwu. The Crown Princess and Prince are seen looking at a photo taken in 1950 of the first Swedish Ambassador to China being received by former Chinese leader Mao Zedong in one of the pictures.

Last edited:
Two pictures from Tang Yanjun, ChinaFotoPress

Last edited:
They look really great! It's such a handsome guy, Carl-Phillip! And Victoria is pretty too...

They both look great thanks for the pics.

What a beautiful dress. Is this a first official visit for Carl Philip with his sister?

I love her outfits! Victoria looks very young, like when she was 10 :lol: and my mom always tells that good people are never getting older :ROFLMAO:
Carl Philip looks great (very sexy at all :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:). But he will never get so much attention as Viky. :lol:

Finallyu some new pioctures of my favourite beau garcon! And he looks great I must say. Victoria has a young and fresh dress. Good to see that they are doing this together. It must be good to know for Victoria that she has a brother who is so supportive.

Photos from Polfoto

from Profimedia
#3-4: Crown Princess Victoria from Sweden wears wet weather gear as she stands next to Prince Carl Philip aboard the Gotheborg tall ship as it arrives in Shanghai on a two month visit, 29 August 2006. The royal pair joined the ship for the final two hours of it's voyage and are also on a three day visit to the city.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden on a three day visit to Shanghai to welcome the Swedish East India trade ship replica Gotheburg when it arrives in Shanghai harbour.
from Polfoto

TV4 has a great picture-special online, here are a few of them, but to see all pictures - go here. All by Toni Sica/Stella Pictures via TV4.

Kelly said:
What a beautiful dress. Is this a first official visit for Carl Philip with his sister?
Yes it is, so it must be terribly exciting for him - doing such a big and far away trip as his first major overseas tour together with only his older sister. Victoria has done so many official overseas tour by now that she knows the drill, so I guess Carl Philip has good support in her.

Now I only hope to see Princess Madeleine doing this kind of thing in the future.

More photos on Prince Carl Philip and Crown Princess Victoria???

several pictures from 30th August (by Toni Sica/Stella via uppa)

Shanghai 2006-08-30
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden on a three day visit to Shanghai to welcome the Swedish East India trade ship replica Gotheburg when it arrives in Shanghai harbour.
1 - Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip at the launching of the children's musical theatre PIPPI LONGSTOCKING in Shanghai.
2 - Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip watching the noble art of building sand castles.

Excerpts from Wednesday's schedule

* Visit to the exhibition "The Love's Herbarium" about Swedish botanist Carl von Linné at the Xuhui Art Museum. The photographer Edvard Koinberg introduced the 38 pictures and texts about and of Linné. The exhibition is a cooperation with the Swedish Institute and will be shown around the world until 2007, the 300th anniversary of Linné's birth and the year of the big Linné jubilee.

* The Crown Princess opened the Swedish-Chinese Trade Day at the Shanghai Convention Center.

* Meeting with Pippi Longstocking (Pippi Långstrum in Swedish, a character created by the late Swedish children's author Astrid Lindgren).

* The launch of the Chinese version of the book "Jacob seglar till Kina" ("Jacob sails to China"), a book about the ship's travel in 1743-1745. Author and illustrator Anita Bergendahl-Steiner spoke about her work and signed the first books.

* Reception for Swedes living in Shangai, hosted by the Swedish Consul General.

* Dinner hosted by the Swedish Ambassador at the Panorama Hotel.

http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamil...lahandelser/5.15b204310cb5c03d5680002767.html

(Credit: Bruno Press)

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but does anybody else think that Victoria needs a haircut? I think if she went shoulder-length or a little longer, it would make her look younger and she wouldn't always have to put it in a ponytail. She's beautiful but sometimes it seems like Victoria is purposely trying to cover it up!

soCal girl said:

(Credit: Bruno Press)

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but does anybody else think that Victoria needs a haircut? I think if she went shoulder-length or a little longer, it would make her look younger and she wouldn't always have to put it in a ponytail. She's beautiful but sometimes it seems like Victoria is purposely trying to cover it up!

I like the idea of a shoulder-length cut with layers! Maybe even some sideswept bangs?? The fact that they actually took a full length photo of her ponytail says something, that she needs a change. Her hair is beautiful and she could really do a lot with it.

Ehm, soCal, Janos, do you have so long hair as Victoria?
I have, and (in my opinion) I can say two things
1. I have long hair as she and now I know, that if I will cut it down, I will be very unhappy, because they are part of me, and they grew with me so long.
2. I'm wearing two or three hairstyles, because make something with long hair is very hard. And when I need go somewhere, I make ponytail :lol: :ROFLMAO: because it's simple and it holds hair together.
So if you have so long hair, I just wanna see your hairstyles for every day. :)

Back
Top Bottom