The Swedish Royals at the Polar Music Prize: 2004-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monday 22/5
> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Princess Lilian
Attendance at the awarding of the Polar Music Prize in the Concert Hall and the following dinner at Grand Hôtel

Pictures by Ivan Nunez, Stureplan.

Attachments

• Polar Music Prize 22 maj 2006_6.jpg
    Polar Music Prize 22 maj 2006_6.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 481
  • Polar Music Prize 22 maj 2006_7.jpg
    Polar Music Prize 22 maj 2006_7.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 566
  • Polar Music Prize 22 maj 2006_8.jpg
    Polar Music Prize 22 maj 2006_8.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 558
  • Polar Music Prize 22 maj 2006_9.jpg
    Polar Music Prize 22 maj 2006_9.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2,413
Queen Silvia looks nice. I love her outfit and the colour.

Victoria looks great and I love the shoes! Unlike Maxima (who I adore) she can wear these types of shoes. Her ankles have definition/shape.

GrandDuchess said:
Monday 22/5
> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Princess Lilian
Attendance at the awarding of the Polar Music Prize in the Concert Hall and the following dinner at Grand Hôtel

Pictures by Ivan Nunez, Stureplan.
Princess Lilian looks fantastic. She's one of my favourite Royals. Thanks for the photos. Lovely photos of the King and Queen as well. I can't believe how many events they have to attend. I really admire their hard work, but I wonder if they ever wish they could just do their own thing for a day.

Why haven't I seen many of "loving look and gesture" pictures of the queen and king more often like other royals?

acegirl1978 said:
Why haven't I seen many of "loving look and gesture" pictures of the queen and king more often like other royals?

Perhaps they are old-fashioned and don't display their affections for each other in public. :)

attachment.php

trans61aa.jpg

I don't really agree on the royal couple never showing their affections in public... Perhaps not as often as the younger couples.. so maybe they are old-fashioned, but still...really, they DO show affections!.. I think, for an example, that these two photos (from the latest officiel event they both attended, I believe) are quite cute?! :)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245249&d=1148560747

The Swedish Royals at the Polar Music Prize: 2008, 2009

King Carl Gustaf awarded british band Pink Floyd and american soprano Renee Fleming with the Polar Music Prize. Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria were also there.
Svenska Dagbladet/Stjärnorna tar emot Polarpriset
Victoria´s dress is quite surprising.
Dagens Nyheter/Pink Floyd överraskade över priset
Sydsvenskan/Fest och flärd på Polarprisutdelning
King Carl Gustaf and Renee Fleming
ANP Beeldbank
Crown princess Victoria with Renee Fleming and Roger Waters
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia with Roger Waters
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited by a moderator:
More photos from the Polar Music Prize:
Victoria
Glife
Carl Gustaf and Silvia
Glife
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg
Glife

She's gorgeous!! I love her dress! it's really modern and fashion!! It suits her very well!!!

Victoria and her mother are of the very few women that can wear bright orange and look good in it.

Victoria´s dress looks very much as if it would be by Natan. It´s Vermeulen´s very special talent to make every woman pregnant looking. Of course quite practically for women, who are really preggers as e.g. Mathilde, who -together with Eleonore- wore a very similiar "Xmas tree ball" dress at the Xmas concert 2007 ;)
IMO also the dress at the Water Prize Ceremony could have covered a bump of 6 months pregnancy (though it possibly wasn´t by Natan)
Lots of "pregnancy fashion" of late :rolleyes:;)
The colour self fits her of course very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Polar Music Prize

Just for those who are interested! Here is a link were you can watch the whole awarding ceremony! I think you can get some fantastic glimpse of the royals. AND the best: most of it is in english so that you can understand even if you are not able to speak or understand swedish.

POLAR MUSIC PRIZE - PRIZE CEREMONY 2008

Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for posting the link. It was a nice ceremony. I really enjoyed seeing the king clapping to the music. Being an American, I was really impressed by the flawless English being spoken. I'm sure they are well educated but it still astounds me!

On Monday, 31st August, the 2009 Polar Music Prize will be awarded to the Jose Antonio Abreu and to Peter Gabriel. Usually the King, the Queen and the Crownprincess attend, but maybe also Daniel Westling attends.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;974796 said:
On Monday, 31st August, the 2009 Polar Music Prize will be awarded to the Jose Antonio Abreu and to Peter Gabriel. Usually the King, the Queen and the Crownprincess attend, but maybe also Daniel Westling attends.
Oh it would be great to see Daniel attending... although I somehow have the feeling he won't be there. Let's see!
I hope we'll also see Frida... as usual. ;)

The Swedish Royals at the Polar Music Prize: 2009

Today the Polar Music Prize is awarded. The Royal couple and CP Victoria annually attend this event.

POLAR MUSIC PRIZE

Both women were very elegant yesterday for that ceremony!

Queen Silvia looks especially sympathetic on these photos - it is so likable how she takes the arm of Mr. Abreu.

Why didn't Prince Carl Philip go to the Polar Music Prize ceremony?

Back
Top Bottom